• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Rareware finally unveiled gameplay of the dream project:
Was always curious to see what Project Dream was like. Really fascinating stuff. I wish Rare Replay included some playable demos for unreleased games and prototypes.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't have a problem with the Strikers characterization.

Everyone was exaggerated and changed. It fit with the gritty style of the game.

A bit refreshing if you will.
Did anyone ever say they had a problem with it?

I was just saying I don't think Rosalina should be like how Peach and Daisy were in that game were if she were added. For Peach and Daisy it's fine since they are similar anyway, but I don't want Rosalina to be a *****y tryhard sassy girl, in any sort of spin-off. It would just look so off since she has more of an established character than Peach and Daisy. If they want to exaggerate her, I'd rather they take a different approach, like the cold-blooded French assassin type of character, since there is a loose basis for that in her established character.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Rosalina will probably be just like Peach and Daisy because she is basically Space Peach now.
She was supposed to be the calm and mysterious one, but now she joins races, parties, tennis tournaments and screams yahoo! and wooh! every two seconds.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina will probably be just like Peach and Daisy because she is basically Space Peach now.
She was supposed to be the calm and mysterious one, but now she joins races, parties, tennis tournaments and screams yahoo! and wooh! every two seconds.
...She isn't Space Peach now.

She's still more reserved and cool than the other characters but shows believable excitement where it is necessary, which is something she did even in Galaxy.

The spin-offs have actually made a lot of cool elaborations on her character, either showing off more of her powers or using the "cool, take no ****" side of her more often.

The best comparison to debunk the whole "Space Peach" claim is 3D World, where Peach and Rosalina are both in the spotlight as playable characters.

In a lot of Peach's quotes in that game, Peach is really ditzy. For example, acting surprised when she wins a multiplayer run, by saying "Well, I'll be!". By contrast, Rosalina is cool and collected and confident in her abilities. When she wins a multiplayer run, she says "That's right!". Or when she activates her unique stamp switch in the game, she says "Did you see that?". And in general, Peach screams and shouts for EVERYTHING, while Rosalina only does it for some things that are particularly over the top, like jumping off a waterfall with Plessie - again, Rosalina isn't over the top happy with everything like Peach is, only where it makes sense for someone to be genuinely excited.

The only reason why she is more frequently excitable in Mario Kart is because Rosalina is actually a gearhead. It's a part of her character that was established in Galaxy, so it makes sense for her to get excited over racing in big bad machines. And even then, she's still more cool and collected than others.

The only game that sort of dropped the ball with her was Mario Party 10, but it applied to other characters in that game too, because they put so much focus on over-glorifying Bowser that almost all of the other characters were forced to be misrepresented.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Just a thought, but I think sonicbrawler MAY like Rosalina. I'm not sure though. (then again who am i to talk)

Anyways, do you guys think they're gonna hit 200 costumes in Mario Maker? I think they will; and I just thought of the possibility of a Poochy costume, that'd be great.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just a thought, but I think sonicbrawler MAY like Rosalina. I'm not sure though. (then again who am i to talk)

Anyways, do you guys think they're gonna hit 200 costumes in Mario Maker? I think they will; and I just thought of the possibility of a Poochy costume, that'd be great.
What number are we at now?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

You're a 1,000 years late to that one bud.

------------

Chrono.

Started that Blood Lobster sidequest thing, the lobster that glitchs up for people seems to be fine for me

Burruni Burruni did you manage to get it btw?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Played as ZSS and actually tried not to win with her broken FS.

Muh Honor

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do have to admit, birdo's a nice choice as they sort of ignore her existence. Which is really funny compared to Daisy.

Excitebiker is also great. He was in the files before they removed him right?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh goody, I got Sheik. Well it was fun seeing my win; I suck with her.

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
You forgot to say WHY this is better than mainseries Mario. Now they ACTUALLY have personalities
Umm, what Anna? Mario characters have always had personalities, just because they're simple 2D personalities, doesn't stop them from being personalities, here I'll list the personalities for the main 4 and Bowser Jr.:
Mario: Happy go lucky hero
Luigi: Cowardly Sidekick
Peach: Sweet and Innocent Princess
Bowser: tyrannical overlord
Bowser Jr.: Spoiled brat

See, all of them have personalities, they're just simple ones that aren't to deep or complex.

Every other week for Sakurai! So...the next one is the 31st.

We'll be publishing his latest one on Thursday. Tomorrow will be about Star Wars: Episode 3, and Thursday will be about Star Wars: Episode 6....(kind of). Today we published Sakurai's comments on the Trophy Gallery in Melee. Which is Sakurai's first ever fake out in Smash, unless I'm mistaken.

Oh and I got my capture card working. Let's do a tourney this Saturday.

Japan: 01:30
England: 16:30
US EST: 11:00

It'll stream on www.twitch.tv/SourceCast
Man I like the joke they did with Luigi.
I wonder just how much salt this would've made if it was released in Engish, cause I would've been upset over no Luigi, not having my favourite Mario character in Smash is something I don't ever want to see.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Have you beaten Fire Emblem 7?

Cause Ninian is quite alive at the end of it

Patchter really said that about Europe? So not only does he need to keep his mouth shut when it comes to gaming in Japan, he needs to do the same for Erope as well.
Also going off that, where the hell does he think Ubisoft is based? Cause Ubisoft has made it quite clear their French.

They'll probably put Elise in before they ever use Mighty in Runners at this rate.

No we won't send help, so you lot sit there and beat Xenoblade Chronicles X, just so the rest of us can make you feel the pain of not being able to talk about a game cause you know major spoilers that could ruin the experince for others if you mention it.

I also probably be joining you lot of needing help sent after Christmas, cause I'll be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X again
LOL! well hey just pm one of us to help you out if you need any with the game.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
http://gonintendo.com/stories/249177-fire-emblem-25th-anniversary-concert-dvd-awakening-soundtrack

Just ordered both of them off of Amazon.jp, was surprised to see there was shipping to the US. Both cost me $71 after shipping. I got FE9 & 10's OST the same day they came out so I'm hoping this works out just as well.

After having missed out on Awakening's OST two years back due to Amazon seller BS which then suffered 10x price spike by the time I got my money back (jumped from $30 to $300), I want to get a copy while I can.

Will probably have to look into Regional settings for DVDs, but I would love to have the concert in my collection regardless.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wow. Sheik and Greninja. It's like this game wants to spite me after having a couple good runs.

On the bright side Substitutes. So that's nice.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I'm tempted to make my own thing like this.

"Xenoblade music goes with everything".

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
The game came out 3 months ago.
In that span, we've gotten only 14 costumes.
Assuming that they could continue this pace, it'd take about 21 months to do 100 costumes.
I can't see support more than a year out.
You can't see year-long support for a creation game? That will always need new features for more levels? Also, nothing says they can't pick up the pace, like they are doing now by adding 3 costumes, one on Christmas and the other on New Years. They are not restricted to any time.

And once again, it's liikely there will be year-long support.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Actually, did anyone else realize that Bayonetta would have had to have taken just about shy of six months of development in order for her to be this finished, but they claim she's the ballot winner? I dunno, just wanted to point that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom