• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Oh yeah, I forgot people can't read tone through text so you have to put at least six "/s"'s behind a statement so the impact is completely cushioned.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She will have an amiibo so it's not "likely she could be in Mario Maker". It's guaranteed. They aren't going to make smash amiibo functionality inconsistent.
Actually there is no guarantee she will have an Amiibo.

All games she has been in so far that have Amiibo support don't list compatibility for her.

And they still haven't done Mario Amiibos for DK, Wario, and Rosalina, which will happen before anything else because they have designs ready. There also exists an NFC ID for a Luma-less Rosalina Amiibo which means they probably do plan on making that one at least, and giving it different functionality in some games.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Actually there is no guarantee she will have an Amiibo.

All games she has been in so far that have Amiibo support don't list compatibility for her.

And they still haven't done Mario Amiibos for DK, Wario, and Rosalina, which will happen before anything else because they have designs ready. There also exists an NFC ID for a Luma-less Rosalina Amiibo which means they probably do plan on making that one at least, and giving it different functionality in some games.
Did you not watch the final Smash direct? They blatantly confirmed they were making an amiibo of her along with Cloud and Corrin.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Yeah this.

The CSS is sloppy but... I got over it... in 2014.

I'll never forgive the rest of the menus tho
The CSS was sloppy when the game came out. Not even the clone row. I'm talking about this:

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4bowserjr:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did you not watch the final Smash direct? They blatantly confirmed they were making an amiibo of her along with Cloud and Corrin.
Oh wait, I thought we were talking about a Daisy Amiibo.

Yeah Bayonetta is getting an Amiibo for sure I know that.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because as we all know, Banjo-Kazooie is as relevant to gaming as Pokemon and Fire Emblem.
B&K hasn't been relevant to gaming in a 'good' way since 2000 when Tooie was released. It's not being mean or anything to their fans but it's just the way it is.

The CSS was sloppy when the game came out. Not even the clone row. I'm talking about this:

Why is Bowser Jr after Rosalina? That's the biggest thing aside from Yoshi screwing up the order

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So been playing X.

Does anyone know where to get Frame lv 50 skells? All the ones in the store are lv 30.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Eh, I liked Nuts & Bolts.

It's not what fans hoped for but as a game on it's own it's perfectly fine.

D

Deleted member

lol someone on 4chan was salty Banjo didn't make it in despite 6 pokemon and 6 fe characters.
'SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU CROSS A WITCH? NOW BEAR AND BIRD ARE MICROSOFT'S *****!'
We need more of these salty poems :p
Rhyming is the greatest of all arts
Smash has too many Marths

Oh yeah, I forgot people can't read tone through text so you have to put at least six "/s"'s behind a statement so the impact is completely cushioned.
Me.jpg

This makes sense though
Yoshi is still a Mario character despite having a different icon
I'm more annoyed about
:4drmario::4darkpit::4lucina::4shulk:

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
We need more of these salty poems :p
Rhyming is the greatest of all arts
Smash has too many Marths

Me.jpg

This makes sense though
I'm more annoyed about
Yoshi should at least be between Mario and DK.
And Bowser Jr. not being next to his father gets to me...

Poots

Smash Journeyman
This makes sense though
I'm more annoyed about
I think the problem is that Bowser JR. is behind Rosalina despite the others being in order of appearance.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Anyone who believes Patcher is a reliable/dependable person even in the tiniest way is being paid to believe so.
Can I know who is he?

I come across articles from his stuff on gonintendo with warning saying to not read igf you feel offended by him......

what the? did this guy attacked someone?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Bowser. Jr is probably behind Rosalina because he's unlockable on 3DS.

That, and he was like, almost cut due to the fact they barely finished him on time. So I actually wouldn't be surprised if it was just a slip up based on that rush.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
CAPTAIN TOAD CAN'T EVEN JUMP
THANKSDAISYSEEYOULATER

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
*dragon noises*
*death noises*
*bad voice acting noises*

Also, is the voice acting better than in Corrin's trailer or is it the same?
I can't really say since aside from one guy saying "AZURA!!!", there are no characters in common between the trailer and this scene.

Azura sounds fine at least. Sounds like what you would expect from the poster waifu/Lucina look-alike of this game. I think she's voiced by Laura Bailey too.

Here's the cutscene. And no there aren't any spoilers, everything from this scene was a trailer shot at some point.

It seems like this scene is SUPPOSED to be like, the big reveal of Corrin being a dragon but, you know... :4corrin:

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Man, the subtitles in FE: Fates are great.

lol, where'd you find that?

Speaking of FE:Fates, for anyone who has the Fire Emblem Text Simulator (Support Simulator), I made the code for Nishiki's and Sakura's C support, if anyone wants it. Any requests on what I should make next?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
They are brining back quite a few of those scrapped costumes for Mario maker aren't they.
Eagerly awaits the Popo one.:icsmelee:

The best thing about having all the smash Amiibo is you can create your own CCS.
For instance all of the DLC in mine will be allocated to the correct spots.
And the Mario Line goes as such in mine:
:4drmario::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario:

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I can't really say since aside from one guy saying "AZURA!!!", there are no characters in common between the trailer and this scene.

Azura sounds fine at least. Sounds like what you would expect from the poster waifu/Lucina look-alike of this game. I think she's voiced by Laura Bailey too.

Here's the cutscene. And no there aren't any spoilers, everything from this scene was a trailer shot at some point.

It seems like this scene is SUPPOSED to be like, the big reveal of Corrin being a dragon but, you know... :4corrin:

Azura's actually voiced by Rena Strober, who's done singing as well as voice acting in other works.

As for the cutscene, while it only shares Ryoma and Sakura between the two videos, it's honestly sounds better overall as the dialogue is more fitting and better directed. We'll see how it fares with the others, but it does sound more promising.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Question.

Do you guys think this would be worthy of an Omni Smash Shorts video?

Relevant part is 0:00 to 0:20.

D

Deleted member

Can't watch right now but
Azura sounds nice based on the trailers
So does Leo
The others don't get much talking though

And I still don't get why people act like "Corrin is a dragon" was supposed to be a secret
It has been hinted at since the first trailer and the E3 trailer had him using their signature skill Dragon Fang and appearing as a full dragon at the end

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
They are brining back quite a few of those scrapped costumes for Mario maker aren't they.
Eagerly awaits the Popo one.:icsmelee:

The best thing about having all the smash Amiibo is you can create your own CCS.
For instance all of the DLC in mine will be allocated to the correct spots.
And the Mario Line goes as such in mine:
:4drmario::4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::4bowserjr::rosalina::4yoshi::4wario:
I have my amiibo set up like the Wii U character select screen. The only exception being Mewtwo (and the rest of the dlc amiibo) placed after the Mii Fighters instead of before.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Relevant comic,
Let's just face it, Nintendo practically hates Daisy... :(

Burruni

Smash Hero
Relevant comic,
Let's just face it, Nintendo practically hates Daisy... :(
More accurately: They don't see much to do with Daisy and thus are very indifferent.

I mean... she was made because the team making SML were forced to using a Princess, but weren't allowed to use Peach.
They vented their frustrations with the limitations they were forced to work with by making :4wario2:.

And, honestly, what's been the biggest hope for her? Being used in place of one off the Toads in NSMB? Then she would basically be taking Peach's role in a SM2 set up, once again failing to truly separate her.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
More accurately: They don't see much to do with Daisy and thus are very indifferent.

I mean... she was made because the team making SML were forced to using a Princess, but weren't allowed to use Peach.
They vented their frustrations with the limitations they were forced to work with by making :4wario2:.

And, honestly, what's been the biggest hope for her? Being used in place of one off the Toads in NSMB? Then she would basically be taking Peach's role in a SM2 set up, once again failing to truly separate her.
I actually can't think of any potential that she has... How unfortunate of a fate...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought of an interesting idea for a Daisy redesign and some concepts for what sort of abilities she should have, and I have considered drawing it up ever since getting back into drawing. And I ain't even really a fan of Daisy (I'm indifferent to her but a lot of her fans overrate her and some of their own portrayals of her are seriously terrible).

But Nintendo will never do the same.

Basically my main idea would be that unlike Peach, she would be a flat out warrior princess. Keeping her energetic personality intact but also making her a bit more serious than Peach and very proactive, making her very distinct.

Her weapon of choice would be a whip made out of a vine with lots of daisies attached to it, called the "Daisy Chain". The daisies themselves can morph in size and stuff, to a degree.

She herself would not be capable of using any magic or anything but the daisies on her weapon would have some magic-like properties.

That SOUNDS like it would be "too much" for Mario with a whip and all, but don't worry, I envision it in the most family friendly way possible.

SonicMario

Smash Master
So... in honor of this:

I made a fun little thing where I made a Smash version of Reading Rainbow with accompanying images

Bayonetta's in the sky
Sonic springs twice as high
Take a look
Pac-Man's a Cook
A Smashing Rainbow!

Shor-yu-ken anywhere!**
You'll say whoa
When Mario grows
A Smashing Rainbow!

Ha-do-ken anything!
It's not fake
So Limit Break
A Smashing Rainbow!
A Smashing Rainbow!
A Smashing Rainbow!

*Even funnier considering the original line is Butterfly in the Sky. And those are Butterfly wings
**Unfortunately I couldn't fit in Mega Man as easily as the others. While Shoryuken kinda more refers to Ryu, Megaman technically does it too in his Up-Tilt

I don't think it's exactly perfect. But I thought it was fun nonetheless

Burruni

Smash Hero
I thought of an interesting idea for a Daisy redesign and some concepts for what sort of abilities she should have, and I have considered drawing it up ever since getting back into drawing. And I ain't even really a fan of Daisy (I'm indifferent to her but a lot of her fans overrate her and some of their own portrayals of her are seriously terrible).

Basically my main idea would be that unlike Peach, she would be a flat out warrior princess. Keeping her energetic personality intact but also making her a bit more serious than Peach and very proactive, making her very distinct.

Her weapon of choice would be a whip made out of a vine with lots of daisies attached to it, called the "Daisy Chain". The daisies themselves can morph in size and stuff, to a degree.

She herself would not be capable of using any magic or anything but the daisies on her weapon would have some magic-like properties.

That SOUNDS like it would be "too much" for Mario with a whip and all, but don't worry, I envision it in the most family friendly way possible.
And at this.
Is part of the issue.
That people go to the extent of a redesign to make up for Nintendo backpedaling on her differentiation.
You had some more tomboyish personality evident most in Strikers.
The differing hair style.
And the noticably tanner skin.
If you brought those three together, alone, you'd have a noticably different Princess.

It doesnt help when you're always compared to the Violet Vigilante of Villainy.

Strofirko

Smash Master

Then she would be a member of the belmont family,failing again to separate her from the rest.:dazwa:

Chrono.

So been playing X.

Does anyone know where to get Frame lv 50 skells? All the ones in the store are lv 30.
I have them in my store so I can only think of 2 ways they pop up
  • Level up a decent amount (I'm lv46, they showed up when I was around lv40~)
  • Get farther in the story (I finished Chapter 10, pretty sure they popped up right after)
If none of those work I suggest just doing normal missions and the like.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And at this.
Is part of the issue.
That people go to the extent of a redesign to make up for Nintendo backpedaling on her differentiation.
You had some more tomboyish personality evident most in Strikers.
The differing hair style.
And the noticably tanner skin.
If you brought those three together, alone, you'd have a noticably different Princess.

It doesnt help when you're always compared to the Violet Vigilante of Villainy.

Eeeeh, she wasn't a tomboy in Strikers either.

They basically just made Peach and Daisy "stupid sexy *****es" in that game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait Captain Toad is in Mario Maker!? That's pretty hype, but then what's the point in toad calling another toad captain at the end of 100 mario if he isn't Captain?

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
So hard drive.

Got it.

Jeez why are these expensive?
Depends on when and where you get them.
I got a portable 1TB HD for between $42 and $45. Then I got a $3-4 Y cable and have been good ever since.
You can get smaller hard drives for less.

This is the model I have, though the price went up by about $5.
There's are 500GB harddrives that range from about $30-45.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Eeeeh, she wasn't a tomboy in Strikers either.

They basically just made Peach and Daisy "stupid sexy *****es" in that game.
MORE tomboyish, not fully one in her own right.
They did create a stark contrast between Peach being the "vain" one and Daisy being a more rough/bratty kind of unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom