• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You guys remember that the series are in chronological order and that retros are considered single series characters under that rule right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would love For Glory and everything but, I can't use my main over the internet (Sheik) cause with lag it's like impossible to combo.

Shroob

Sup?
It still baffles me that Mother is, by how the roster dictates it, chronologically placed at Earthbound and not Mother 1.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It still baffles me that Mother is, by how the roster dictates it, chronologically placed at Earthbound and not Mother 1.
It isn't though.

It's why Ness is before Falcon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Listen to the Swampinistrator, guys. :p

--------------------------

My FG win rate is around 60%. Not too good, but appropriate for my skill level.

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"Shut up! All of you! You are all incompetent! *holds nose* And you stink of fish!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Xenoblade is destroying my life send help

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can you use a thumb drive to increase Wii U storage?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You can but it's not recommended. They're not designed for constantly overwriting data, which can become problematic down the line.
So hard drive.

Got it.

Jeez why are these expensive?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Last edited:

Yellowpikmin476

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yellowpikmin476
3DS FC
4854-6467-1287
do any of you guys know any exclusive stuff in terraria 3ds?
like pets or weapons because I'm thinking about getting it.
This post is a little buried but I don't see any answers, so I'm gonna answer this one.

Terraria expert here. Currently playing through the 3DS version myself. The only thing of this sort seems to be a laser gun that is clearly the NES Zapper. Nobody else has reported finding anything other than this, so I suppose that's it. There's the Link and Mario outfits but those are in every version, except they aren't discolored in this one.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Uhm.
Roy's part-dragon "Mother."
Kinda got killed off before she could have a gestation period.
Unless I'm missing someone.
Have you beaten Fire Emblem 7?

Cause Ninian is quite alive at the end of it

"I think [selling studios] is not the right move. The first thing the company should do is shut down everything in Europe. Bruno (Bonnell) is out to lunch. ... The guys in the U.S. make games. The guys in Europe just sell them."

No words needed
Patchter really said that about Europe? So not only does he need to keep his mouth shut when it comes to gaming in Japan, he needs to do the same for Erope as well.
Also going off that, where the hell does he think Ubisoft is based? Cause Ubisoft has made it quite clear their French.

WHY

MUST

SEGA

INGNORE

MIGHTY

THE

ARMADILLO

??????

They'll probably put Elise in before they ever use Mighty in Runners at this rate.

Xenoblade is destroying my life send help
Send help over here too.

I've been doing normal and affinity missions too much lately I kinda forgot about a thing called The Plot
lol same here. the affinity missions are the worst, but i want the party members so...

also, it can't be as bad as this:
http://bgr.com/2015/12/21/fallout-4...low&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social
No we won't send help, so you lot sit there and beat Xenoblade Chronicles X, just so the rest of us can make you feel the pain of not being able to talk about a game cause you know major spoilers that could ruin the experince for others if you mention it.

I also probably be joining you lot of needing help sent after Christmas, cause I'll be able to play Xenoblade Chronicles X again

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Perhaps a better question is why the Wii U ships with a maximum 32 GB storage.

It's laughable, considering Wii U discs can hold 25 GB of data.

:231:
Probably the best they could do without increasing Wii U to overly ridiculous prices.

If it came without the gamepad, I'm sure they would have had alot more storage than they do now :v

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Saw third party talk
Sonic: Metal Sonic, Eggman and Fang. I miss Fang, his boss theme in Triple Trouble was cool
Bayonetta: Rodin. I wanna pimp slap dem high tier *******
Mega Man: Protoman, Zero's MMZ incarnation, Bass and Vile
Ryu: Chun Li
Pac-Man/Namco: Nightmare
Cloud/FF: Terra, Cecil, Gilgamesh, Kain and Kefka

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Hypothetical (because I love doing these haha):

E3 comes and "Super Smash Bros. Ultra for Wii U/3DS" an update to the game with all DLC included and 10 extra characters (stages too, but not necessary to the hypothetical as much as the characters), is announced for release by the end of the year. Sakurai and his team give you the choice (for some reason) of which characters to add to the game, veterans or newcomers (for the sake of continuity, IC and Snake are still a no-go and no-show, respectively) to make an even 64. Who do you add?

For me, I would split it into 3-3-3 groups and give the 10th spot to a new Mii Fighter class: Mii Magician. Each group of three has a theme:

Group #1 - Veterans (Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur): There are currently, If I'm counting correctly, 7 vets currently missing. No Icies or Snake brings this to 5, and counting Yink as basically Tink brings it to 4 - Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pichu. So obviously in this scenario, the unique Ivysaur and Squirtle get a free ticket and the insanely popular quasi-clone Wolf takes the third slot over joke clone Pichu.

Group 2 - Semi-Clones (Dixie Kong, Impa, Anthony Higgs): Three newcomers with relatively high popularity that are way to implement - Dixie being straightforward and as I've mentioned before Anthony would be a mix between Samus and Zamus and use ice attacks, while Impa would take inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors playstyle and be a mix between the giant sword wielders (Ike and Cloud) and the Ninjas (Sheik and Greninja). Mainly the first two in each category though. All three also give the benefit of providing each of their series a rep that they didn't receive this go around as compared to Brawl where all three received a new rep. Metroid and Donkey Kong obviously are in need of and benefit the most from these inclusions.

Group 3 - Promotionals (Inklings, Emla, Savvy Stylist): Characters from recently released or soon-to-be-released games added specifically to provide promotion for their series at a time when their games and them as characters are extremely relevant and popular as compared to when the next game comes and out and they may not be as much (same reasons as why Corrin got in). Inklings rep Splatoon and its massive success, Elma represents the looming-to-be hugely successful Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the Savvy Stylist represents the popular Girls Mode 3 which released earlier this year in Japan, released as New Style Boutique in Europe and Australia last month and is very likely to get a North American Style Savvy 3 reveal sometime between now and E3. All three will likely have lasting popularity via their series's continued legacies, but Sakurai treats each game as if it's his last so adding them now at the peak of their popularity and promotional potential seems like a good idea. Plus I wanted an excuse to make one of the groups all-female haha.

I organized each group's listed fighters by hype factor - so ideally you'd have three-or so reveals with one character from each category and hype level leading up to the release. Inklings, Squirtle and Anthony Higgs revealed at E3 + Mii Magician, for example; then Ivysaur, Dixie and Elma in the next Direct; and finally Wolf, Impa and Savvy Stylist shortly before release. Spread out the hype reveals (Wolf, Dixie and Inklings) between the three showings while also keeping a 2-1 newcomer-vet ratio.

"Why no K. Rool or Isaac?" you may ask? I chose based on ease of creation and plausibility - the three vets are all Brawl newcomers and can be ported pretty easily like Lucas, three of the newcomers are reasonably popular and requested and due to their semi-clonability are relatively simple to create, and the three non-clone newcomers are all based from recently released games and/or game series that have been really well-received and can each in their own ways be super unique as fighters. So plausibility as a factor, take the time needed to develop three super unique newcomers, add in three moderately popular newcomers that can be added easily in comparison, and then give fans back three easy-to-port Brawl vets that they missed in the original transition. Easy way to pad out the remaining roster with a good mix of hype characters, desperately-needed franchise repping, and characters and/or their play styles you never knew you wanted. And all this while still keeping in mind that they wouldn't have as big a team or necessarily the time to be able to produce up to 10 max super unique newcomers.

I think I did a reasonable job in that regard haha.

I won't even go into stages haha, though Fountain of Dreams is obviously returning because it has to.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

E3 comes and "Super Smash Bros. Ultra for Wii U/3DS" an update to the game with all DLC included and 10 extra characters (stages too, but not necessary to the hypothetical as much as the characters), is announced for release by the end of the year. Sakurai and his team give you the choice (for some reason) of which characters to add to the game, veterans or newcomers (for the sake of continuity, IC and Snake are still a no-go and no-show, respectively) to make an even 64. Who do you add?

For me, I would split it into 3-3-3 groups and give the 10th spot to a new Mii Fighter class: Mii Magician. Each group of three has a theme:

Group #1 - Veterans (Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur): There are currently, If I'm counting correctly, 7 vets currently missing. No Icies or Snake brings this to 5, and counting Yink as basically Tink brings it to 4 - Wolf, Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Pichu. So obviously in this scenario, the unique Ivysaur and Squirtle get a free ticket and the insanely popular quasi-clone Wolf takes the third slot over joke clone Pichu.

Group 2 - Semi-Clones (Dixie Kong, Impa, Anthony Higgs): Three newcomers with relatively high popularity that are way to implement - Dixie being straightforward and as I've mentioned before Anthony would be a mix between Samus and Zamus and use ice attacks, while Impa would take inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors playstyle and be a mix between the giant sword wielders (Ike and Cloud) and the Ninjas (Sheik and Greninja). Mainly the first two in each category though. All three also give the benefit of providing each of their series a rep that they didn't receive this go around as compared to Brawl where all three received a new rep. Metroid and Donkey Kong obviously are in need of and benefit the most from these inclusions.

Group 3 - Promotionals (Inklings, Emla, Savvy Stylist): Characters from recently released or soon-to-be-released games added specifically to provide promotion for their series at a time when their games and them as characters are extremely relevant and popular as compared to when the next game comes and out and they may not be as much (same reasons as why Corrin got in). Inklings rep Splatoon and its massive success, Elma represents the looming-to-be hugely successful Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the Savvy Stylist represents the popular Girls Mode 3 which released earlier this year in Japan, released as New Style Boutique in Europe and Australia last month and is very likely to get a North American Style Savvy 3 reveal sometime between now and E3. All three will likely have lasting popularity via their series's continued legacies, but Sakurai treats each game as if it's his last so adding them now at the peak of their popularity and promotional potential seems like a good idea. Plus I wanted an excuse to make one of the groups all-female haha.

I organized each group's listed fighters by hype factor - so ideally you'd have three-or so reveals with one character from each category and hype level leading up to the release. Inklings, Squirtle and Anthony Higgs revealed at E3 + Mii Magician, for example; then Ivysaur, Dixie and Elma in the next Direct; and finally Wolf, Impa and Savvy Stylist shortly before release. Spread out the hype reveals (Wolf, Dixie and Inklings) between the three showings while also keeping a 2-1 newcomer-vet ratio.

"Why no K. Rool or Isaac?" you may ask? I chose based on ease of creation and plausibility - the three vets are all Brawl newcomers and can be ported pretty easily like Lucas, three of the newcomers are reasonably popular and requested and due to their semi-clonability are relatively simple to create, and the three non-clone newcomers are all based from recently released games and/or game series that have been really well-received and can each in their own ways be super unique as fighters. So plausibility as a factor, take the time needed to develop three super unique newcomers, add in three moderately popular newcomers that can be added easily in comparison, and then give fans back three easy-to-port Brawl vets that they missed in the original transition. Easy way to pad out the remaining roster with a good mix of hype characters, desperately-needed franchise repping, and characters and/or their play styles you never knew you wanted. And all this while still keeping in mind that they wouldn't have as big a team or necessarily the time to be able to produce up to 10 max super unique newcomers.

I won't even go into stages haha, though Fountain of Dreams is obviously returning because it has to.
Any Rhythm Heaven character over Savvy Stylist and Sylux over Higgs, who I can't see being much of a clone.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait for Ridley of all people to get in Mario Maker before Daisy :p

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight

Eh, sure I'll bite

For character 59 and 60, I choose Snake and Ice Climbers, why cause I don't play by the rules :troll:

Hah just kidding, for retrning vets I'd choose:
Young Link, cause why not, plus he does have differences from Toon Link besides his fire Arrows, his length is shorter then Toon Link's for example, and another neat thing that could be done is giving him items only child Link could use in OoT, or MM exclusive items
Pichu, cause damn it I want some gen 2 representation beyond trophies
Wolf, cause why not?
That's 3 so far. I didn't choose to use Ivysaur and Squirtle cause I'd actually like to see them stay as a part of the Pokemon Trainer and return with him in Smash 5

For newcomers, with original movesets, I'd go with
Impa, because she's the last reoccurring story important character left, I'd have her moveset based around the Shadow Temple, cause hey its creative, and dungeon traps fit well with he ninja aesthetic. Also she needs an old woman Impa alt, so she can bit some sense into all these whipper-snappers in Smash
Sceptile, cause gen 3 representation, and it would be really cool if Sakurai completed the starter trio he accidentally created for Smash 4
Savvy Stylist, for the salt, and to see just how creative Sakurai can get with movesets

The next 2 I would pick are:
Toon Zelda, cause more Zelda, and I love Toon Zelda in Spirit Tracks, and would love to see her moveset be based around Phantoms, if your wondering, Phantoms would be her specials, and she could have her neutrals be similar to Zelda's, so she would kind of be a semi-clone
Goku from Yuyuki, cause we need to counter the trolls, plus staff users, sounds like a lot of fun in Smash

Last 2 I choose are
Phoenix Wright and Ryu Hayabusa, cause Phoenix Wright is my most wanted 3rd party character, and Ryu is one of gaming's first ninja, and he allow for Tecmo Koei to be represented in Smash, plus he represents extermely hard video-games, since his were some of the first.
Birdo coming to mario maker before daisy:dazwa:
That's one reoccurring Mario character down, about 10 more to go

'After popular demand for equality for the LGBT community, we added Birdo. Here's Bayonetta, now stop crying for Daisy'

Bayonetta is pretty much the nail in the coffin for Daisy imo
Umm what exactly is supposed to be the joke here? Cause it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eh, sure I'll bite

For character 59 and 60, I choose Snake and Ice Climbers, why cause I don't play by the rules :troll:

Hah just kidding, for retrning vets I'd choose:
Young Link, cause why not, pls he does have differences rom Toon Link besides his fire Arrows, his length is shorter then Toon Link's for example, and another neat thing that could be done is giving him items only child Link could use in OoT, or MM exclusive items
Pichu, cause damn it I want some gen 2 representation beyond trophies
Wolf, cause why not?
That's 3 so far. I didn't choose to use Ivysaur and Squirtle cause I'd actually like to see them stay as a part of the Pokemon Trainer and return with him in Smash 5

For newcomers, with original movesets, I'd go with
Impa, because she's the last reoccurring story important character left, I'd have her moveset based around the Shadow Temple, cause hey its creative, and dungeon traps fit well with he ninja aesthetic. Also she needs an old woman Impa alt, so she can bit some sense into all these whipper-snappers in Smash
Sceptile, cause gen 3 representation, and it would be really cool if Sakurai completed the starter trio he accidentally create for Smash 4
Savvy Stylist, for the salt, aand to see just how creative Sakurai can get with movesets

The next 2 I would pick are:
Toon Zelda, cause more Zelda, and I love Toon Zelda in Spirit Tracks, and would love to see her moveset be based around Phantoms, if your wondering, Phantoms would be her specials, and she could have her neutrals be similar to Zelda's, so she would kind of be a semi-clone
Goku from Yuyuki, cause we need to counter the trolls, plus staff users, sounds like a lot of fun in Smash

Last 2 I choose are
Phoenix Wright and Ryu Hayabusa, cause Phoenix Wright is my most wanted 3rd party character, and Ryu is one of gaming's first ninja, and he allow for Tecmo Koei to be represented in Smash, plus he represents extermely hard video-games, since his were some of the first.

That's one reoccurring Mario character down, about 10 more to go

Umm what exactly is supposed to be the joke here? Cause it doesn't work.
Bayonetta could likely be in Mario Maker, and as she has a Daisy outfit, no actual Daisy in Mario Maker is funny imo

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
She will have an amiibo so it's not "likely she could be in Mario Maker". It's guaranteed. They aren't going to make smash amiibo functionality inconsistent.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Because as we all know, Banjo-Kazooie is as relevant to gaming as Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom