• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was thinking about character rivalries in Smash so here's what I got

:4dk: (Donkey Kong Arcade)
:4bowser: (Mario's Arch Nemesis)
:4luigi: (Sibling Rivalry)
:4sonic: (SNES vs Genesis)
:4megaman: (Nintendo vs Capcom)
:4pacman: (Nintendo vs Namco)
:4ryu: (Moveset Similarities)
:4bowserjr: (Mario Sunshine/Future Mario games)

:4falco: (Birds of Prey/Falcons)
:4fox: (F-Zero/G-Zero racing)
:4ryu: (Face of Fighting games vs The face of Smash Bros)
:4sonic: (Battle of the Fastest)
:4samus:/:4zss: (Best Bounty Hunter)
:4ganondorf: (Clone Wars)
:4feroy: (Fire Warriors)
:4littlemac: (Boxing Brawlers)

:4lucina: (Heroes of Destiny)
:4rob:/:4megaman: (Stop the Mechonis)
:4marth:/:4link: (True Sword fighter)
:4cloud: (Old School RPG vs New School RPG)
:4pacman: (Monolith Soft/Namco Connection)
:4robinm::4robinf: (Mind over Muscle)

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
:4sonic: Tails,Knuckles,Eggman,Shadow(bias)
:4megaman:Zero,protoman,Wily
:4ryu: Chun-li,Bison
:4cloud:Terra,Squall,Black mage

that's all i can think off.The other guys are fine as is

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Mighty is just Red & Black Sonic with no spikes and he was identical to Sonic in personality and gameplay traits.
That's why this exists

Son, Sonny (AKA Soni) and Sonic
Only difference is skin
Theyevenhavethesamevoiceforcryingoutloud

Khoru

Smash Champion
Uhh, no?

I made a very lengthy moveset for him, and he's not like Snake at all.

His specials, for example:
Neutral Special: Big Boss pulls out The Patriot, the gun given to him by his mentor, The Boss. It’s an assault rifle so it shoots at a quick pace. You can move while shooting it, but you cannot jump. It has good range but doesn’t make the opponent flinch, so it’s good for racking up damage if you manage to trap an opponent against a wall or such. You need to reload after shooting it for a while, but you never run out of ammo or have to pick ammo up, because it canonically has “infinite” ammo!

Side Special: Big Boss yells "ROCKET PUNCH" (or rarely, "ROCKET PUNCH" in Japanese) and taps his bionic hand, which launches forward. It goes at a steady pace but you can make it go faster by holding the special button. The hand is very quick in how fast it goes when you input something so it's hard to reach the hand behind an opponent, so it's very good to keep an enemy away if they're right infront of you.

Up Special: THE FULTON. This is one of Big Boss’s wackiest and coolest moves. It’s also very unique.
If you’re standing next to an opponent, the fulton is attached to them. They’re suspended in the air, and can wiggle out of the fulton, but if they don’t in time, they blast off into space, most likely netting a Star KO.
If you’re next to no one, then Big Boss ties the fulton around himself and is suspended in the air. He shoots upward, but not too fast; fast enough that if you have decent reaction timing you could easily recover from off the stage. Also, if Big Boss does this in the air, the fulton is still suspended, so you can meteor smash him.

Down Special: Big Boss throws down a Decoy. It stays on stage for 5 seconds, and if attacked, explodes. It takes a few seconds to set up the decoy, but if you can set it up well, then you have an easy KO on your hands.

Not like Snake very much at all.
snake in smash is already a composite of solid and naked because they're so similar
despite this, maybe a composite of two characters with drastically different skill sets like the above shouldn't happen

Hey.
New subject.

All in favor for him joining?
Im not sure there is a lot of moveset potential from a literal ball. . . At least kirby and jigglypuff have arms+legs.

As for waluigi who is on that ball he would be neat. Certainly fills the requirement of showing personality. But i prefer paper mario.

And i prefer toad/captain toad more than both of them :p

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still want a Smash 4 mod similar to Project M. Rebalanced newcomers such as Little Mac, Shulk, Cloud, Mega Man, and Ryu with Melee's speed, physics, and advanced techniques. Too bad it likely won't happen.

Chrono.

I still want a Smash 4 mod similar to Project M. Rebalanced newcomers such as Little Mac, Shulk, Cloud, Mega Man, and Ryu with Melee's speed, physics, and advanced techniques. Too bad it likely won't happen.
Just please fix Shulk's frame data please Sakurai I'm begging you plea

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I feel like if it happens, there's needs to be joke alt or something where Little mac has an increased chance of side bing off the edge.

[/spoiler] I don't think we could see a mod like that for quite some time, but it pretty interesting to see it come to life![/spoiler]

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Character rivalry in Smash?

Shulk vs. Palutena

The god-slaying sword.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
They worked on Project M for six years. I'd rather see them make something completely original and not just a mod. Considering how well Project M seemed to be (never personally played it) I think they could make quite a great game.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Just please fix Shulk's frame data please Sakurai I'm begging you plea
The latest patch was really nice with 2 frames less landing lag on every aerial, he can actually wall out characters a lot better now.

I'd gladly take more though.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
snake in smash is already a composite of solid and naked because they're so similar
despite this, maybe a composite of two characters with drastically different skill sets like the above shouldn't happen
Brawl was released when one game in the Big Boss saga was.

Peace Walker and especially MGSV differenated Big Boss's abillities from Snake's by a lot.

Also no, I believe the compositeness was just for the appearance, moveset was all Snake.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I was thinking about character rivalries in Smash so here's what I got

:4dk: (Donkey Kong Arcade)
:4bowser: (Mario's Arch Nemesis)
:4luigi: (Sibling Rivalry)
:4sonic: (SNES vs Genesis)
:4megaman: (Nintendo vs Capcom)
:4pacman: (Nintendo vs Namco)
:4ryu: (Moveset Similarities)
:4bowserjr: (Mario Sunshine/Future Mario games)

:4falco: (Birds of Prey/Falcons)
:4fox: (F-Zero/G-Zero racing)
:4ryu: (Face of Fighting games vs The face of Smash Bros)
:4sonic: (Battle of the Fastest)
:4samus:/:4zss: (Best Bounty Hunter)
:4ganondorf: (Clone Wars)
:4feroy: (Fire Warriors)
:4littlemac: (Boxing Brawlers)

:4lucina: (Heroes of Destiny)
:4rob:/:4megaman: (Stop the Mechonis)
:4marth:/:4link: (True Sword fighter)
:4cloud: (Old School RPG vs New School RPG)
:4pacman: (Monolith Soft/Namco Connection)
:4robinm::4robinf: (Mind over Muscle)
You forgot Palutena for Shulk.

By the latter half of Xenoblade's story, Shulk desires a world free of gods trying to govern the lives of people for their own benefit and ideals.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Been waiting to see modding on the 3DS version!

It's only a matter of time until someone makes a quality port of Snake and Wolf for both versions.
Ice Climbers on Wii U as well. I'm excited.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Brawl was released when one game in the Big Boss saga was.

Peace Walker and especially MGSV differenated Big Boss's abillities from Snake's by a lot.

Also no, I believe the compositeness was just for the appearance, moveset was all Snake.
dude this is what i'm saying
venom snake is not big boss
he should not be considered big boss and snake abilities shouldn't be a mix and match affair

sorry if i sound pissy i'm kind of worked up over some Stuff right now

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'd really love a quality mod that's easy for non-modders to access like PM, but can we just let Melee go? It's been over a decade.
...Man I feel old.

Smash 4 is already the perfect balance between Melee and Brawl.
Ice Climbers on Wii U as well. I'm excited.
I'm more excited of the prospect of people attempting to bring them back on the 3DS despite them not working.

Zero Gravity Ice Climbers, man.

What I really want is Snake, Ganondorf mods, costumes (true Oni Link, Wario and Olimar's colour returning, Cloud in a dress... other costumes, etc.), maybe a few new characters if they're done well, there's plenty to work with.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
dude this is what i'm saying
venom snake is not big boss
he should not be considered big boss and snake abilities shouldn't be a mix and match affair

sorry if i sound pissy i'm kind of worked up over some Stuff right now
Well, bringing up Naked Snake and Solid Snake combining in Brawl, obviously Sakurai doesn't mind if two characters share things such as that if they're very similar to eachother. Venom isn't BB, yes, but BB isn't Snake, despite Snake's Brawl appearance having various BB elements. So with this, I'd conclude that even if Venom isn't Big Boss, they are similar enough in abillities and appearance BB's Smash incarnation could borrow things from Venom.

Otherwise, BB could have a formidable, non-Snake like moveset on his own.
Hope you feel better.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The Smash Series started as a Pepsiman game.
. . .
I feel the need to rephrase that.
SUPER SMASH BROS
WAS GOING TO BE A PEPSIMAN GAME.
. . .
i need a moment
Not was going to be. That was just the internal alpha name for Ryuo: The Fighting Game which eventually became Smash. This was before Sakurai decided any characters or setting for his fighting game, hence why the characters look generic.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
This CSS has my seal of approval :4pacman:
Personally, I'd make some minor revisions:
  • Switch Ness and Lucas
  • Reorganize the FE characters:
    • Marth
    • Robin
    • Roy
    • Ike
    • Corrin
    • Lucina
  • Place Bayonetta next to Sonic (They're both Sega)
I might want to change the Pokemon ordering, but it's mostly fine imo.

Last edited:

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Well, doesn't look like I've missed a whole lot since I started hanging out in the Corrin boards.

And any CSS that places Roy back next to Marth where he belongs is fine by me.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Am I the only one who finds it hysterical that one of the biggest complaints of Smash 4 is the Character Select Screen.
Like, I mean, for something as small as the CSS, so many have complained about it as long as I can remember.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If we were to get another rep for the third-parties, I'd just want my favorites haha:

Sonic: Blaze the Cat (teh phire, awesome design)
Bayonnaise: N/A (zilch, Bayo's fine)
SEGA in general: Jack Frost (ATLAS rep, Nintendo-like cutest design) or Billy Hatcher (Yoshi clone for days haha [not really])
Mega Man: Roll (C'mon, Rock and Roll!)
Ryu: Chun-li (is there really any other choice?)
Capcom in general: Felyne (the best Monster Hunter rep)
Cloud: Black Mage (SSF2 shows how good a moveset for him can be)
Squeenix in general: Geno (duh)
Pac-Man/Namco in general: Yoshimitsu (mainstay of Namco's two biggest fighting game franchises)
Ubisoft: Rayman and Ezio Auditore (obvious), Barbara and Fiora Carvazza/Courtesan (second reps; Barbara is a Viking lady - awesome - and Fiora is the Brotherhood MP character who is on all the promotional material, is super popular, and has a lot of canon backstory and relative importance to the series compared to some other characters, as well as fights with a bladed fan - super awesome)
Koei Tecmo: Ryu Hayabusa and Lu Bu (obvious), Kasumi and Li Dian (Kasumi is also obvious, but c'mon, don't play Dynasty Warriors and then tell me that Li Dian's weapon isn't awesome-amazing)
Other third-parties: Layton, Jibanyan, Maxwell, Cooking Mama (The most Nintendo non-Nintendo characters out there, most people not familiar with them probably wouldn't even second-guess that they weren't Nintendo characters; perfect fit)
"4th-parties"/Disney: Mickey Mouse (Single most well-known Western mascot, pretty much bar none), Aqua (Sora is overrated, Aqua is where it's at. She's awesome and she can do everything Sora can and more. :p)

That's basically it haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom