• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Second reps for the third parties?

Sonic: Tails or Dr.Eggman, I'd prefer Eggman, but Tails would be a great choice as well.
Mega Man: X, maybe Zero
Pac-Man: Dig Dug, another classic Namco character would make more sense than a second Pac-Man character.
Final Fantasy: Black Mage, I really like his design.
Street Fighter: Chun-Li, maybe Ken as an alt for Ryu.
Bayonetta: I don't think she should get a second character.

As for a new third party:
Ubisoft: Rayman.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Still think Yoshimitsu would be a great choice for a second Namco character.

Reps two franchises, is fairly popular, and could have a really fun moveset.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Nintendo's twitter is something...

As for 3rd parties:

Sonic: tails
Capcom: A megaman character would be cool, but i'd want a new franchise, either Pheonix Wright or the Monster Hunter
Namco: Again sure mrs. pacman but someone like Hieachi could be great!
Square: I'd say add another final fantasy character, but I doubt it would happen. If it did, moogles could honestly work, maybe chocobo. That way you have a realistic and more cartooney rep for square.
As for a new 3rd party group?
Level 5: Either jibiyan or layton, I haven't played Yokai watch so
I would be more happy with Layton, but I think both should get into smash at one point.
As for a new 3rd party group?
Level 5: Either jibiyan or layton,

It's Jibanyan

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Sonic: Not sure. Tough competition between Tails, Kunckles, Shadow, etc.
Mega Man: ???
Pac-Man: ???
Final Fantasy: Warrior of Light? Sephiroth? Tidus?
Metal Gear: The Boss or Ocelot (if not Big Boss)
Street Fighter: ???
Bayonetta: ???
New Third Party Character: Sora!!!!! ...Or Rayman

Can I ask about Amy and Otacon?

Otacon is my favorite MGS character but definitely not suited for Smash imo.
What's funny is that I've actually imagined him in Smash as a fighter...sort of.
He's somewhat of a joke character and functions like Pokemon Trainer in Brawl, except he controls smaller custom versions of Metal Gear MK II, Metal Gear RAY, and Metal Gear REX that he built for "the Smash tournament"

----

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ya know, what? I currently have a sudden urge to finally get back to Bayonetta 1 now.

I might be rusty during the hiatus but I don't care! :4bayonetta:

D

Deleted member

:snake: - Raiden
:4sonic: - Tails
:4megaman: - Zero
:4pacman: - N/A
:4ryu: - Chun-Li
:4cloud: - Terra
:4bayonetta: - N/A

New Third Party - Simon Belmont, and in the hypothetical scenario that Castlevania gets a second character, Alucard.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My opinion on second "reps" for third party franchises.
:4pacman:None.
None.
:4ryu:None.
:4megaman:None.
:4sonic:None.
:4cloud:None.
:4bayonetta:None.

Third parties are still guest fighters. We should continue to get entirely new series in rather than more of what we have. Would Knuckles have been better than Bayonetta? How about Zero instead of Ryu? If poor Snake ever comes back some day, he'd do better to bring Simon or Bomberman with him than another Snake. Cloud is the only one that makes sense to make an exception for since Final Fantasy is like Fire Emblem in having a new cast every game, but seeing how stingy Squeenix was with Cloud in the first place, I doubt we'd get anything else from them, Final Fantasy or otherwise.

For other companies, my top pick is still Rayman, wouldn't mind seeing Ezio (with other assassins as alts?) come with him too. And now that we've got the likes of Bayonetta, Shantae would be a good pick. Hell, throw in Butt Butt too. Earthworm Jim would be the grooviest thing ever if he were still around... Maybe Scorpion, I have no idea how they would tone him down though. Koei definitely has to get their own Ryu in the fight. Crash is in the same pit as Jim and Spyro... is even worse off.

All I can think of at the moment.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Now, if we're talkin PERSONAL WANTS for 3rd parties...

Sonic: Knuckles or Eggman. Love Tails, just wanna see Knuckles and Eggman in Smash more.

Megaman: Don't know much at all about Megaman

Pacman: No one to pick

Street Fighter: Chun-Li (perhaps Zangief/Guile/Blanka but I think Chun-Li's for the best)

MGS: Big Boss

Bayonetta: No one

Final Fantasy: Moogle

NEW 3rd Party: Jack Frost, of Shin Megami Tensei

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
My opinion on second "reps" for third party franchises.
:4pacman:None.
None.
:4ryu:None.
:4megaman:None.
:4sonic:None.
:4cloud:None.
:4bayonetta:None.

Third parties are still guest fighters. We should continue to get entirely new series in rather than more of what we have. Would Knuckles have been better than Bayonetta? How about Zero instead of Ryu? If poor Snake ever comes back some day, he'd do better to bring Simon or Bomberman with him than another Snake. Cloud is the only one that makes sense to make an exception for since Final Fantasy is like Fire Emblem in having a new cast every game, but seeing how stingy Squeenix was with Cloud in the first place, I doubt we'd get anything else from them, Final Fantasy or otherwise.

For other companies, my top pick is still Rayman, wouldn't mind seeing Ezio (with other assassins as alts?) come with him too. And now that we've got the likes of Bayonetta, Shantae would be a good pick. Hell, throw in Butt Butt too. Earthworm Jim would be the grooviest thing ever if he were still around... Maybe Scorpion, I have no idea how they would tone him down though. Koei definitely has to get their own Ryu in the fight. Crash is in the same pit as Jim and Spyro... is even worse off.

All I can think of at the moment.
Whoa is that a Snake smiley?

Anyways, I don't think Snake bringing another Snake, who I'm assuming would be Big Boss, would be bad. They'd be extremely different. But yeah having Bomberman would be better then a "new Snake".

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Might as well just make a list while I'm at it:
:4sonic:: Tails (or Knuckles, Eggman)
:4megaman:: Proto Man
:4pacman: (Namco): Yoshimitsu (Nightmare would be cool too)
:4ryu:: Chun-Li (or Zangief)
:4cloud:: Black Mage
:4bayonetta:: N/A
:snake:: Raiden

New franchise: Rayman

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I ended up watching 8 episodes of Space Dandy.

It's some pretty good stuff, though it took me a while to adjust to the non-sequitur nature of the show. At first it seemed like it was having some degree of ongoing story but then it pretty much just doesn't. It's more like a Looney Toons cartoon, each episode is pretty much it's own thing. At least that's how it is for now.

It's really funny, but also has some surprising mood swings. Some parts are surprisingly sad/heartfelt, or even profound.

Also I think Meow is my favourite character, in part because his design is just so great.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Sonic: Charmy Bee
Mega Man: Servbot
Pac-Man: Erwin
Metal Gear: Mei Ling
Street Fighter: Dan Hibiki
Bayonetta: Enzo
New third-party franchise: Shrek

:troll:

Uhh, no?

I made a very lengthy moveset for him, and he's not like Snake at all.

His specials, for example:
Neutral Special: Big Boss pulls out The Patriot, the gun given to him by his mentor, The Boss. It’s an assault rifle so it shoots at a quick pace. You can move while shooting it, but you cannot jump. It has good range but doesn’t make the opponent flinch, so it’s good for racking up damage if you manage to trap an opponent against a wall or such. You need to reload after shooting it for a while, but you never run out of ammo or have to pick ammo up, because it canonically has “infinite” ammo!

Side Special: Big Boss yells "ROCKET PUNCH" (or rarely, "ROCKET PUNCH" in Japanese) and taps his bionic hand, which launches forward. It goes at a steady pace but you can make it go faster by holding the special button. The hand is very quick in how fast it goes when you input something so it's hard to reach the hand behind an opponent, so it's very good to keep an enemy away if they're right infront of you.

Up Special: THE FULTON. This is one of Big Boss’s wackiest and coolest moves. It’s also very unique.
If you’re standing next to an opponent, the fulton is attached to them. They’re suspended in the air, and can wiggle out of the fulton, but if they don’t in time, they blast off into space, most likely netting a Star KO.
If you’re next to no one, then Big Boss ties the fulton around himself and is suspended in the air. He shoots upward, but not too fast; fast enough that if you have decent reaction timing you could easily recover from off the stage. Also, if Big Boss does this in the air, the fulton is still suspended, so you can meteor smash him.

Down Special: Big Boss throws down a Decoy. It stays on stage for 5 seconds, and if attacked, explodes. It takes a few seconds to set up the decoy, but if you can set it up well, then you have an easy KO on your hands.

Not like Snake very much at all.
That would actually be pretty good, BB would be unique!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm gonna be honest.

Mighty is the most overrated Sonic character.

I won't speak for Archie-verse, but as far as the games go, I just don't know why people clamour for him.

He was literally a Sonic clone. Like, his entire purpose was to be the Sonic stand-in, in Knuckles Chaotix, because for some reason they didn't want to make Sonic playable.

Even his sprite is just an edited Sonic sprite.

Burruni

Smash Hero
WHY

MUST

SEGA

INGNORE

MIGHTY

THE

ARMADILLO

??????

Being fairly irrelevant because he was semi-literallly just "red sonic."
He's a sprite edit of Sonic with the highest speed for Chaotix.
I can't even remember him being brought up in Archie.

Edit: mostly :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
!!!!!!!

FLOOFY SANIC CONFIRMED

No seriously Unleashed is one of my favourite games and I love Werehog Sonic.
As controversial as the Werehog is, I have soft spot for him. Good to see him back in some form.
I think the WereHog was a nice pace breaker for Unleashed.
Not only did it help give you two styles of Gameplay that (even if unnecessary) worked perfectly fine and had pretty decent combo's.
Unleashed also gave us some of the Best CGI ever made by Sonic Team. Night of the Werehog looking directly at you.
I would be over the moon if Sega ported it to the Wii U next year. Or hell give us the Boost Trilogy on Wii U with an Updated version of Colours.
Unleashed also has the best music in the Series IMO.
And to think this is only the day stages :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

He's been in Archie for a while.

And they do poke fun at the fact he is a Sonic clone.

----------

As for the Werehog, part of the reason I really liked him was he brought some interesting character development to Sonic.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

So we're just going to ignore Shadow exists even though he's less original than Mighty?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A character who has done just about everything to differentiate himself from Sonic despite all the obvious similarities and has been a staple of the series since his creation?

Totally different matter.
YOU WIN THIS ROUND, BUT DON'T THINK YOU'LL BE SO LUCKY NEXT TIME!!! *EVIL LAUGH*

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So we're just going to ignore Shadow exists even though he's less original than Mighty?
Shadow has his own defining characteristics and abilities, and while he may be a hedgehog, his design is more different to Sonic's than Mighty's. Different shoes, sharper eyes, the cuffs on his ankles and wrists, chest fur, etc.

Mighty is just Red & Black Sonic with no spikes and he was identical to Sonic in personality and gameplay traits.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The Yo-kai Watch toys moved up to Dec. 28, which is next Monday.
My poor wallet. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom