• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or, you know, Fairy/Grass

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hm true. I forgot fairy existed lol. I also went with steel because of his sword and shield.
Shulk should be Psychic/Steel, keep Lucina same as Marth.
I thought I put shulk on there. Oh well, but yeah I intended from him to be psychic and steel. I made Lucina psychic and steel because of time travel. Although her being marth's typing would work to.
Meta Knight would more likely be a Steel/Flying tbh
tfw you know guys with hair like that yet you have short boyish hair
That would work as well. I went with dark because of his anti hero role and because he could be like hydreigon, it flies but is dark and dragon.

D

Deleted member

That's just because no one knows what your avis truly are
EXCEPT ME
I'VE SEEN HELL
I see nothing objectively wrong with any of my avatars whatsoever. :p

If anything, your signature is much weirder to me because of kylo ren's lightsaber. :p

(Forget I mentioned the whole boyfriend thing, LOL, if I revealed it, the thread wouldn't handle it.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So here's a fun little exercise. Take an eligible character that you'd like to see appear in Smash one day, and make them a reveal trailer! I'm curious to see what some people come up with. I'll post mine in a bit.

EDIT: Mods are, of course, exempt from the Mistletoe Clause.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see nothing objectively wrong with any of my avatars whatsoever. :p

If anything, your signature is much weirder to me because of kylo ren's lightsaber. :p
THAT SMILE
I ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS
WHAT IS CROPPED
YOU CAN'T HIDE IT FOREVER

DID THEY ALSO DRAW "FAN ART" OF KYLO REN????
Why am I the only person posting Christmasy stuff here? Grumble grumble...

Oh look! A mistletoe! Next 2 posters need to pucker up!
Well, if you insist

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So here's a fun little exercise. Take an eligible character that you'd like to see appear in Smash one day, and make them a reveal trailer! I'm curious to see what some people come up with. I'll post mine in a bit.

Oh no you don't

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Kirby is beating up King Dedede in his boxing ring, and Dedede's struggling to stand up...Kirby's about to deal the final blow...Then BAM! He gets bombared by spears, both Kirby and Dedede look at the camera and are in shock, the camera zooms out...BANDANA DEE WADDLES IN! Cue gameplay! Bandana Dee starts throwing more spears at Kirby while Dedede gleely dances along, then starts pummeling Marth while KO'ing him, he then starts using Spear Copter to fly through a flowery meadow carefree. Bandana Dee then sees lots of food and sits down, before Wario eats it, Bandana Dee then rushes after him after jumping due to being startled. Meta Knight and Bandana Dee duel with Meta Knight throwing Bandana Dee in to Kirby who's inhaling. Bandana Dee then gets a Smash Ball and uses his ultimate attack, a Waddle Dee tank! After causing mayhem, Bandana Dee then rushes back to Dedede while jumping for joy!

Hell no, Chromalina is my new ship here

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just saw the weirdest thing ever...
It was a Japan-only game about wrestlers that needed to get some flax oil back from a kangaroo with J-Pop playing in the background. I can't make this up...

D

Deleted member

THAT SMILE
I ALREADY KNOW WHAT IT MEANS
WHAT IS CROPPED
YOU CAN'T HIDE IT FOREVER

DID THEY ALSO DRAW "FAN ART" OF KYLO REN????
It's not cropped.... But the back story.... Oh the back story behind it is quite the charm....(I'll PM you it.)

And nope, Kylo Ren's far too dweeby for them. They prefer more fabolous men such as myself. :p My boyfriend however, well, he didn't draw anything, but boy oh boy his ideas....

Why am I the only person posting Christmasy stuff here? Grumble grumble...

Oh look! A mistletoe! Next 2 posters need to pucker up!
Literally anything christmas related I have to share would get me banned. LOL.

I just saw the weirdest thing ever...
It was a Japan-only game about wrestlers that needed to get some flax oil back from a kangaroo with J-Pop playing in the background. I can't make this up...
For me, nothing will ever top starfish hitler.

You can't get any weirder than that without going really lewd.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not cropped.... But the back story.... Oh the back story behind it is quite the charm....(I'll PM you it.)

And nope, Kylo Ren's far too dweeby for them. They prefer more fabolous men such as myself. :p My boyfriend however, well, he didn't draw anything, but boy oh boy his ideas....

Literally anything christmas related I have to share would get me banned. LOL.

For me, nothing will ever top starfish hitler.

You can't get any weirder than that without going really lewd.
At least ****ing credit me for introducing you to Government Of Darkness' most infamous troop!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It feels good to get back to playing Bayonetta 1 after a long hiatus (thanks Smash). :4bayonetta:

Forgot how tough it can be on Normal difficulty (Easy is for babies).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, I edited an old trailer concept a bit for this, so here's a hypothetical trailer. I think it turned out okay. :p

Smash logo and flames appear.

The trailer takes on a comic-like style, similar to Little Mac's. This music fades in. Suddenly, in the streets, you see folks running away from blasts of ice, screaming. You then see the cause of the ice projectiles...

...Samus. She's trying to shoot down Metroid who only now appear on-screen. Then, a different alien (let's say, a Prowler) comes in and strikes. Samus' Ice Beam does nothing, and right as she's reloading, a couple of notes from The Star Spangled Banner start playing on an electric guitar.

"LET FREEDOM RING!"

The alien gets blown up and upon the smoke clearing, Henry Fleming appears holding his Eagle Rifle. The camera pans toward him.

Henry Fleming
LETS OFF SOME STEAM!

Gameplay ensues.

The music playing is a remix of the Alternate Main Menu theme, be it with vocals or as an instrumental remix. Fleming's moveset consists of conserving steam (shown in a Steam Meter above the HUD) for higher attack power, combining resource management with intricate shooting and military-inspired normals. This is a fully voiced trailer a la Robin and Lucina's, Corrin's, Little Mac's, and Palutena's, with Abe Lincoln and John Henry speaking with Henry Fleming over the wireless, explaining Fleming's gameplay.

A new stage is also shown off: the Lady Liberty. This is a touring-type stage in which players travel to key locations in the game, such as Buckingham Palace, the streets of Boston, and
Oz
with the stage transitions being represented by the flipping of a comic book page.

Toward the end there is an in-game battle with Henry Fleming, Marth, and Lucina, as well as the John Henry Assist Trophy, in a team battle striking a pose, referencing a possible team combination from his game of origin.

The final cinematic shows Henry and Samus saluting each other as Henry then takes his steam-powered jetpack and flies back toward the Lady Liberty

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I actually posted a Mewtwo reveal trailer idea before Smash 4 even came out, funny enough. I think that was on another website though.

Anyway I did have one idea for another character a while ago.

Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man are having a walk in a forest of some kind. They are having a peaceful stroll and seem to be enjoying each other's company.

Suddenly, they run into this thing:

They all stare at it longingly, but then it runs off.

Cue this music.

A frantic chase scene occurs with them all running after the treasure chest, smashing each other on the way.

Suddenly something comes down from above and smashes the chest open. They all stop and stare as the dust subsides, as two fists come flying out and knock Mega Man and Sonic away.

When the dust subsides, it reveals...

And then cue this music as soon as the reveal happens and it continues throughout the gameplay showcase.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
:rosalina: would be Water/Light, as those are the elements she has in Puzzles & Dragons SMB Edition.

Light isn't in the Pokémon games but it is an element in the Trading Card Game at least.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina could realistically fit under any Pokémon element really.

Other than the other two I mentioned, Psychic and Dark come to mind first for me.

Unless some new type was added and I didn't notice, there is no "Light" typing in the TCG
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Light_Pokémon_(TCG)

It's apparently a "special edition" type thing. Some Pokémon got a special light element variant.

They still have their normal elements, but they tend to have higher HP than their normal variants and have abilities that focus on aiding allies.

D

Deleted member

Rosalina could realistically fit under any Pokémon element really.

Other than the other two I mentioned, Psychic and Dark come to mind first for me.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Light_Pokémon_(TCG)

It's apparently a "special edition" type thing. Some Pokémon got a special light element variant.

They still have their normal elements, but they tend to have higher HP than their normal variants and have abilities that focus on aiding allies.
That's not a typing though
It doesn't get a type icon, type matchups nor os it presented as such
This is no different from those "[Character]'s [Pokemon]" cards

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's not a typing though
It doesn't get a type icon, type matchups nor os it presented as such
This is no different from those "[Character]'s [Pokemon]" cards
Well I was just talking "elements" really, not so much types.

In which case, Light is an element.

IDK it works.

Honestly it's way past time for them to introduce a Light element/type/whatever in Pokémon.

D

Deleted member

Well I was just talking "elements" really, not so much types.

In which case, Light is an element.

IDK it works.

Honestly it's way past time for them to introduce a Light element/type/whatever in Pokémon.
Well, there is one
It's called fairy
Why do you think it's super effective against Dark?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well, there is one
It's called fairy
Why do you think it's super effective against Dark?
I always heard it was a counter to Dragon and not Dark. Sorry, I'm not much of a Pokémon guy anymore (I mean I'm practically an inoffensive genwunner at this point, lol).

I still think they should just make a "Light" one, it's much simpler.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Has there ever been a Pokemon besides Volcanion that has had seemingly conflicting types? i.e Fairy and Dark, Fire and Water, etc...
Dark Fighting's been done by Scrafty, which is conflicting since Fighting types are supposed to be honorable martial artists while Dark has dirty tactics.

And then there's Ludicolo's Grass-Water, which makes sense considering it's a Lillypad Kappa. There's also Gliscor with Ground-Flying, too.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Has there ever been a Pokemon besides Volcanion that has had seemingly conflicting types? i.e Fairy and Dark, Fire and Water, etc...
Yeah, there's been plenty. Electric/Water types, Grass/Poison types, Dark/Psychic, Water/Grass, Ice/Dragon, Ground/Flying, etc.

At this point there's only 38 type combinations that haven't been used. And then there's another 5 that I usually lump in with that of ones that are only used by Megas and Rotom Formes, but not individual unique Pokemon. I think within another generation or two we may well see every type combination filled.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
I wouldn't know about "conflicting" typings atm (if we're talking about real life conflictions and not type advantages in the games), but I do know of a couple of Pokemon with some somewhat odd typings. Larvesta and Volcarona, both fire and bug types, are a couple that come to mind

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Does Dark-Psychic count
Because if so

(This is a Pokemon, by the way)

(This is also a Pokemon, not Dark-Psychic, but a Pokemon)

(This is a Pokemon too)
(Man, B2W2 was messed up)

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Does Dark-Psychic count
Because if so

(This is a Pokemon too)
If by Pokemon, you mean movie prop, then sure. :4pacman:

Also Inkay/Malamar and Unbound Hoopa are actual Dark/Psychic types.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Does Dark-Psychic count
Because if so

(This is a Pokemon too)
I feel like that middle one should actually be a Pokemon

because

why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom