• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Source Gaming Corrin Live reaction is up!

Some NSFW language. A lot of it is us laughing @TheAnvil. Sorry buddy.

@Neo Zero @PushDustIn Nantendo and myself

Sorry for the long stretches of silence, but we were actually, you know, trying to watch the presentation when Sakurai was talking.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
In regards to the whole cartoony and realistic third party thing. Can't really think of a cartoony and realistic (with a bit of support) third party for Level-5 as its two main candidates are both cartoony looking characters. Layton & Jibanyan, although if you want to play it that way, it still involves both a human and non-human characters much like Bayonetta & Sonic and Ryu & Mega Man (Mega Man is a robot, mind).

Last edited:

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
When I was younger I thought it was epic to fight while falling down at the same time, it feels so unusual, so unexpected that it's really cool. Now it's truly happening on my Wii U thanks to Bayo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
When I was younger I thought it was epic to fight while falling down at the same time, it feels so unusual, so unexpected that it's really cool. Now it's truly happening on my Wii U thanks to Bayo.
Yep, it's funny we have a stage that is perpetually falling as that's something some people wanted to see in a stage...although they meant more that the characters would be falling, but that just isn't feasible.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wouldn't it feel like you constantly have to throw up because of the gravitational force?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So I've been reading up some past Source Gaming articles on :4bayonetta:'s potential inclusion (articles on :4cloud: & :4corrin: are pretty much non-existent) and the ones giving reason why she's worthy made much more sense when she became reality. Of course, the counter arguments pretty much lost due to the fact I don't see any significant censorship on her Smash appearance.

Great articles!

She looks like a really fun fighter too I must say.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here's how I'd do it! After breaking the floor, you'll fall down a long shaft for quite a while. You can ascend and decend due to the constant wind, and if you become helpless, you can hit the walls to regain your moves. My ideal stage for this would be Norion, as it's where you fought Meta Ridley in Metroid Prime 3, who's fight was in a freefall thing

Chrono.

Man I just got through a disturbing sidequest in XCX.

Watch out for an NPC named Alex lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we were discussing assist trophys who should be made playable earlier( sort of), and you who I still honestly thing should be promoted?

Nintendog.

We have duck hunt so another dog could be added. Plus Nintenddogs were popular and could have a more traditional dog moveset, that could be really fun. It probably won't happen but I would love if it did.

And please can Sandbag become a new WTF newcomer Sakurai?

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So I've been reading up some past Source Gaming articles on :4bayonetta:'s potential inclusion (articles on :4cloud: & :4corrin: are pretty much non-existent) and the ones giving reason why she's worthy made much more sense when she became reality. Of course, the counter arguments pretty lost due to the fact I don't see any significant censorship on her Smash appearance.

Great articles!

She looks like a really fun fighter too I must say.
Cloud was literally revealed the week I was going to post a "Case for Cloud Strife" article. It was on our posting schedule. Ask @PushDustIn. Same thing happened with Ryu, actually.

Cloud was one of my choices for a third party Smash character in the following Sourcegaming Choice:

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/20/sourcegaming-choice-5-3rd-party-characters/

Think that's the meatiest article on him we have.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So we were discussing assist trophys who should be made playable earlier( sort of), and you who I still honestly thing should be promoted?

Nintendog.

We have duck hunt so another dog could be added. Plus Nintenddogs were popular and could have a more traditional dog moveset, that could be really fun. It probably won't happen but I would love if it did.

The Nintendog is a realistic puppy, that would NOT go well with people.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Which Survival Horror character do you think will fit best as a Smash Bros. character (In terms of moveset, and playstyle)?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I beat Tales of Symphonia and Metroid Fusion before Okami because reasons.
Not sure whether to start playing Okami or Bayonetta first.

Nintendog.

Eh, I don't agree.
Frankly, if there's any character that is perfect for the Assist Trophy role, it's Nintendog. I don't think the idea of adding a realistic dog as a fighter is very interesting at all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Nintendog is a realistic puppy, that would NOT go well with people.
I honestly think it could be gotten away with. They even have a cartoony feel in smash even if more realistic. I honestly think that if PETA didn't complain about Duck hunt, then they would be fine.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The pink bunny from badge arcade is totally a shoo in for next smash bros.
I would be perfectly ok with this!
So I beat Tales of Symphonia and Metroid Fusion before Okami because reasons.
Not sure whether to start playing Okami or Bayonetta first.

Eh, I don't agree.
Frankly, if there's any character that is perfect for the Assist Trophy role, it's Nintendog. I don't think the idea of adding a realistic dog as a fighter is very interesting at all.
Fair enough, and you should play Bayonnettaa.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Nintendog.

Waluigi and Ashley pls.

I want to yell Waluigi Time at someone and laugh like an idiot. Just like I do when playing Mario Tennis. :teeth:

:231:

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I just wonder how they're going to top Corrin in uniqueness for the next Smash (as far as FE characters go). A lance wielding pegasus knight?

Maybe we shouldn't get any new FE characters next game and just keep the ones we have, and maybe remove at least one of the 6 that we have.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I honestly think it could be gotten away with. They even have a cartoony feel in smash even if more realistic. I honestly think that if PETA didn't complain about Duck hunt, then they would be fine.
Duck Hunt has a more cartoony design, you can get away with that. The Nintendog is a realistic puppy, there would definitely be more controversy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just watching the Japanese trailer of Bayonetta... I feel like her Japanese voice just doesn't suit the character that well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Waluigi and Ashley pls.

I want to yell Waluigi Time at someone and laugh like an idiot. Just like I do when playing Mario Tennis. :teeth:

It would be criminal if Waluigi got in and one of his taunts were not it's Waluigi time. I could definitely see him and ashley happen to, since they are being promoted by Nintendo and have become popular requests amongst fans.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Plus to be honest Duck Hunt has a lot more going for it than Nintendog. I mean, what could you do with Nintendog?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Plus to be honest Duck Hunt has a lot more going for it than Nintendog. I mean, what could you do with Nintendog?
Biting, tackling, headbutts, etc. It could be basic but it's also Sakurai, who would make it so much better then anything fans come up with.

D

Deleted member

Don't know(Or
maybe don't want to know.) the rest of the moveset, but the final smash will definitely be peeing on the carpet. :p

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Biting, tackling, headbutts, etc. It could be basic but it's also Sakurai, who would make it so much better then anything fans come up with.
Still, Sakurai can only do so much. He's a good developer I'll give him that, but he's not a miracle maker.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just watching the Japanese trailer of Bayonetta... I feel like her Japanese voice just doesn't suit the character that well.
The Wii U version of Bayonetta is the only one to have Japanese voice acting, apparently. I guess they didn't care than much.

I think there could be a hand following him around, representing you.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still, Sakurai can only do so much. He's a good developer I'll give him that, but he's not a miracle maker.
True, I was merely suggesting things. It all comes down to if he gets inspired or ideas or not. But I only see them romoting one or two assist trophys.

My guesses would go torwards either waluigi, isabelle( 99 percent confident on this) or ashley and maybe a retro assist trophy.
The Wii U version of Bayonetta is the only one to have Japanese voice acting, apparently. I guess they didn't care than much.

I think there could be a hand following him around, representing you.

That be neat! What if it could stun people for one of the attacks? Like the hand rubs opponents bellies and stuns them briefly?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom