• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Lol, I can't believe you spent so much time in a honey tree when a Drifloon shows up on Fridays in Valley Windworks after you defeat Team Gaga
I'll have to refuse the offer though, you know why :drsad:
wat

why? Drifloon g00d tho. looks like it's being named Montgolfier, after the brothers who made the hot air balloon. The more you know!

don't you love me? is it because i'm a fusion?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That's all pure speculation really. Especially since Sora and Sakurai gives no damn about competitive play even remotely, so that last statement is irrelevant. And Sonic still got a huge, very detailed facelift from Brawl, even with most of the same moves. :V Besides, the artwork was the choice of the various artists from Capcom/SEGA/Square and the various Nintendo artists, I doubt Sakurai went and said "You can draw whoever you'd like for this... Except that Sonic guy."
Also the halos aren't meant to be references to rings. Platinum has gone on record with saying that.
I never said he denied people from drawing Sonic but you can't say that the signs aren't there and Sakurai said competitive brawler in the presentation.

I ain't saying both Sora or Platinum hate Sonic but even then the signs of just showing how unnoticed he is despite being the second best selling third party franchise

Strofirko

Smash Master
Ryu didn't even interacted with megaman on his trailer.
And megaman is the smallest character on the ryu artwork.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ryu didn't even interacted with megaman on his trailer.
And megaman is the smallest character on the ryu artwork.
Megaman did show up in Ryu's trailer actually. He was trying to do a Mega Upper but Ryu beat it out and gave him a Shoryuken.

And Megaman is where he is because Ryu's art is based off of old official SF artwork, and someone (I forget who) is down there doing a HADOKEN.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

wat

why? Drifloon g00d tho. looks like it's being named Montgolfier, after the brothers who made the hot air balloon. The more you know!

don't you love me? is it because i'm a fusion?
No, it's because there is already another Pokemon I should be named after
Hint: it's a Psychic Pokemon that got the Fairy typing
Hint #2: it's NOT Mr. Mime :4pacman:

Last edited by a moderator:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
...Gardevoir? :upsidedown:

ditto?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
What, Gardeivor? That line since Gen 4 has been 100% female and hasn't had a male one since Gen.

Enjoy being a Gallade

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wow, how did you figure it out!?

That just ain't true
It has always been a 50/50 gender ratio
Only Gallade requires a specific gender
I thought you had to be a female to be Gardevoir?

Christ Pokemon needs to fix up their gender stuff especially considering Machamp can be a female and looks like a Pillar Man+Goro

Burruni

Smash Hero
What, Gardeivor? That line since Gen 4 has been 100% female and hasn't had a male one since Gen.

Enjoy being a Gallade

Next you're gonna say you can only have male Glailies.

Edit:

Christ Pokemon needs to fix up their gender stuff especially considering Machamp can be a female and looks like a Pillar Man+Goro
Meanwhiile, in the anime.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone here think that Square is to blame for the two songs on Midgar?

D

Deleted member

I totally guessed like it was SO HARD

make it easier next time :^(
Okay, sorry, I'll try to make it easier next time

Wow r00d
You telling me a female can't have a well-built body?

Next you're gonna say you can only have male Glailies.

Edit:

Meanwhiile, in the anime.

I still want a Male Froslass smh :/

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yes.

And mr. Saturn and Master belch are two very strange but awesome costumes for Mario Maker. especially master Belch, I would have never expected that but it's awesome!
Okay, sorry, I'll try to make it easier next time

Wow r00d
You telling me a female can't have a well-built body?

I still want a Male Froslass smh :/
They should totally call it it Frossmass

Last edited:
Who else would it be?

Not like Sakurai would go through all the trouble to get cloud and geno but fo something else half assed

Also Mr saturn in mario maker. The MM roster is now complete in my book

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
OR man with the machine gun :(

I was really hoping for that track, it's one of my favorites.
To be fair, that's FF8.
Battle of the Big Bridge or FF6's Decisive battle were the only non-FF7 tracks I had any hopes for because they were the biggest songs of the Nintendoan main FF era.

Also J-E-N-O-V-A would've been great.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's no doubt about it. The Final Fantasy content in Smash is absolutely minimal.

Two songs happens to be the number of songs per stage on the 3DS version. In regards to the trophies, there are only the fighter trophies for Cloud: the normal trophy, alt. trophy and, on the Wii U version, Final Smash trophy.

Basically, it's just Cloud and Midgar, with the minimum requirements in regards to trophies and music.

Considering that Square Enix has a reputation for being stingy with their properties, it's not surprising at all IMO.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Here's a time waster.

Capcom and Sega got a cartoony mascot in Smash 4. Let's say this pattern continues with the next Smash. What would your two character, one cartoony one realistic roster look like for:

SEGA:
CAPCOM:
NAMCO:
SQUARE ENIX:
KONAMI:
UBISOFT:

Feel free to add third party companies if you want.
SEGA: Sonic and Bayo
Capcom: Megaman and Ryu
Namco: Pac-man and Nightmare
SE: Cloud and Slime I guess? (I don't want him but idk anyone else lol)
Konami: Simon and Bomberman
Ubisoft: Rayman and Ezio

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
There's no doubt about it. The Final Fantasy content in Smash is absolutely minimal.

Two songs happens to be the number of songs per stage on the 3DS version. In regards to the trophies, there are only the fighter trophies for Cloud: the normal trophy, alt. trophy and, on the Wii U version, Final Smash trophy.

Basically, it's just Cloud and Midgar, with the minimum requirements in regards to trophies and music.

Considering that Square Enix has a reputation for being stingy with their properties, it's not surprising at all IMO.
Makes me wonder what trouble he had to go through just to be able to use Geno.....

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Question: would a classic FF mage (i.e Black Mage) count towards a "cartoony" character or are we still following the fan rule that a third-party franchise can't have more than one rep?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Question: would a classic FF mage (i.e Black Mage) count towards a "cartoony" character or are we still following the fan rule that a third-party franchise can't have more than one rep?
a) Yes. When we take that the class's last true design was for Mario Sports Mix
b) Holding to it until disproven.
As much as I friggin want him.
LET ME FLARE A FOO'

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Something I've noticed in Bayonetta's artwork and its theme of light vs. darkness: for a character on the light side, there's another on the dark side.

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/images/character/bayonetta/illust-modal.jpg

From the bottom to the top (light characters vs. dark characters):
- Ryu vs. Little Mac
- Mega Man vs. Bowser
- Peach vs. Mr. Game & Watch (notice the frying pans :p)
- Zelda vs. Villager (it's like they're aware of the psycho Villager meme with her holding the ax and being on the dark side...)
- Samus vs. Lucina (two badass ladies... and is Lucina JoJo posing with her mask?)
- Shulk vs. R.O.B. (this one is quite clever)
- Palutena vs. Ganondorf (the Goddess of Light vs. the King of Darkness couldn't be more fitting. I also like Ganon's expression here)
- Yoshi vs. Charizard (dragon vs. dragon, I guess?)
- Pit vs. Meta Knight

The moon and the clock tower, along with the light coming from inside the tower, form the Smash Bros. symbol.

This art work is pretty great and detailed.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Something I've noticed in Bayonetta's artwork and its theme of light vs. darkness: for a character on the light side, there's another on the dark side.

http://www.smashbros.com/en-uk/images/character/bayonetta/illust-modal.jpg

From the bottom to the top (light characters vs. dark characters):
- Ryu vs. Little Mac
- Mega Man vs. Bowser
- Peach vs. Mr. Game & Watch (notice the frying pans :p)
- Zelda vs. Villager (it's like they're aware of the psycho Villager meme with her holding the ax and being on the dark side...)
- Samus vs. Lucina (two badass ladies... and is Lucina JoJo posing with her mask?)
- Shulk vs. R.O.B. (this one is quite clever)
- Palutena vs. Ganondorf (the Goddess of Light vs. the King of Darkness couldn't be more fitting. I also like Ganon's expression here)
- Yoshi vs. Charizard (dragon vs. dragon, I guess?)
- Pit vs. Meta Knight

The moon and the clock tower, along with the light coming from inside the tower, form the Smash Bros. symbol.

This art work is pretty great and detailed.
Frost, is this your first clue that Kamiya is a Jo-Jo fan?
With the amount of beat em up action and posing he's put into his games I thought it couldn't be more clear.
And then you also have...

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'd rather have a Moogle if we were doing that....but fan made rules are just that, fan mades rules.

I almost feel like Cloud has FF as his logo just to make it easier to include future Final Fantasy reps. Almost.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frost, is this your first clue that Kamiya is a Jo-Jo fan?
With the amount of beat em up action and posing he's put into his games I thought it couldn't be more clear.
And then you also have...

There's also this:

And this:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
To be fair, that's FF8.
Battle of the Big Bridge or FF6's Decisive battle were the only non-FF7 tracks I had any hopes for because they were the biggest songs of the Nintendoan main FF era.

Also J-E-N-O-V-A would've been great.
True, but it's a pretty popular track, and I hoped it would happen.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
One of these days someone needs to make a Smash X Jojo crossover. You could even have Ganon as a stand for Dio.

I think it has potential.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I didn't know the Dark Pit one.
But Robin's is actually a callback to the GBA Fe's games and how the mages cast in that game.

This being the crit version.
Yeah, I know Robin's animation is from the FE GBA games. They kinda remind me of JoJo anyway.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So I finally caught up and have some opinions about the Presentation:

1) Corrin. If i had made this post on Tuesday, it would have had large amounts of salt due to "another fire emblem rep". Not even the sword part- there are plenty of different ways to use a sword (Shulk and Marth fight nothing alike and both use swords). The reason I got over Corrin being a FE character is the fact that, series aside, if he wasn't from Fire Emblem, everyone would've loved his addition. Robin gave an aspect of the series previously unrepresented and Corrin now does the same. I planned on getting the 3 different versions of Fates anyways, as I love FE, but this seals the deal (hehe).

2) Bayonetta. She wasn't my first (or last) choice for the game but I had a number of friends gunning for her to get in. Evidently, they won, and i'm happy for them. I can't really complain, as #1 in Europe and Top #5 in US aren't numbers to scoff at. If people are salty, the way the poll was handled should be to blame- if Nintendo wanted only Nintendo characters to be voted for, 3rd party votes would've been tossed out and if they limited it to Nintendo fans, they'd have had you vote on Club Nintendo or something. But they didn't. The poll was handled in a specific way and Bayonetta fit as the winner. It's as simple as that.

3) Moving forward. I really wish Splatoon had more content. An Inkling fighter would have been great. But i suppose if i really want Splatoon content on Wii U, I can always just pop in the game. I hope Nintendo uses the ballot to gauge interest in characters and series they though were dead and use the info to revive said characters and series- Golden Sun and K. Rool in particular here.

And that's that. I can't wait for Sakurai's next project, as Kid Icarus Uprising is one of my favorite games. I'm looking forward to what he cooks up.

If you've left the forums before i've had a chance to say goodbye, then we'll meet again when you come back for Smash 5 speculation. I'll be sticking around. And maybe i'll get a chance to converse more now that the thread won't be moving so fast...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think Sakurai should work on something new after this game. Not necessarily a sequel to KIU, though it would be nice.

Perhaps tackle another forgotten Nintendo IP? Or create something completely new...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think Sakurai should work on something new after this game. Not necessarily a sequel to KIU, though it would be nice.

Perhaps tackle another forgotten Nintendo IP? Or create something completely new...
T A K A M A R U R E V I V A L B O Y S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom