• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Very talented Smash Bros. Melee player who got banned on Smashboards a long time ago due to evidence.zip. He is mentioned sometimes in articles these days.
Huh, we could as the mods if it's okay.

Guys, I'm trying to change the subject here to a music one
And if suggesting the subject won't work then I'll have to start it myself
And don't make ME fanboy over the-game-you-should-be-playing-right-now
DID SOMEBODY SAY VIDEO GAME OST

Undertale music = godlike

So is Metroid Prime's.

and Bravely Defaults
and Kid Icarus Uprising
and Xenoblade (except ether mine. **** that song)
and probably indivisible

but especially bravely default. That game's regular battle music is better than some songs final boss. And the final boss music is oen of the best songs i've ever heard lol.

Last edited:
Well he should be unbanned I think, how about I call one now, @Neo Zero, could you do something about leffin if possible?
I dont think asking a mod to unban evidence.zip completely out of the blue is a good idea.

I mean I like the guy and all but It's extremely random and, based on the fact you didnt even know who he was, I don't think you can give a compelling argument to get him unbanned lol.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yeah but most of these aren't being billed as different species.

(Though The Unova Weather trio were straight up lazy... until their 2nd forms).
To be fair to the Kamis, in Japanese mythology, Fujin and Raijin (the basis for Tornadus and Thundurus) are recolors of each other, so it makes sense why they went that route. However, it just doesn't translate well for a monster collecting franchise where you want more differences between your mons, so they stuck out as lookalikes rather then a homage to mythological gods.

It's basically a case where taking more liberties with the source material may've been more helpful then sticking close to it, but at least the Therians came in and helped deviate them while still keeping their identities.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I dont think asking a mod to unban evidence.zip completely out of the blue is a good idea.

I mean I like the guy and all but It's extremely random and, based on the fact you didnt even know who he was, I don't think you can give a compelling argument to get him unbanned lol.
You know what, yeah you're right. XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

DID SOMEBODY SAY VIDEO GAME OST

Undertale music = godlike

So is Metroid Prime's.

and Bravely Defaults
and Kid Icarus Uprising
adn Xenoblade (except ether mine. **** that song)

but especially bravely default. That game's regular battle music is better than some songs final boss. And the final boss music is oen of the best songs i've ever heard lol.
>Battle against a True Hero
>not ASGORE
I bet you think anime is real

Also, speaking of anime
This the music that plays to let your enemy know they're ****ed

>Battle against a True Hero
>not ASGORE
I bet you think anime is real

Also, speaking of anime
This the music that plays to let your enemy know they're ****ed
Anime is real
*Anime is not real

Well for one I don't like spoilers :p And for second shut up

(and another song goes into the playlist.)

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So has anybody here seen the Amanda Show?
"Knock knock."
"A-hyuk. Who's there?"
"Toilet."
"Toilet who?"
"I'mma hitcha in the head with a toilet."

*BAM*

"Hu hu. At's a good'un. A-hyuk."

But yeah.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To be fair to the Kamis, in Japanese mythology, Fujin and Raijin (the basis for Tornadus and Thundurus) are recolors of each other, so it makes sense why they went that route. However, it just doesn't translate well for a monster collecting franchise where you want more differences between your mons, so they stuck out as lookalikes rather then a homage to mythological gods.

It's basically a case where taking more liberties with the source material may've been more helpful then sticking close to it, but at least the Therians came in and helped deviate them while still keeping their identities.
The pallete swap Yo-kais themselves might be based on other similar youkai and mythological features.
So unless you guys are Japanese mythology experts, I don't think we can judge whether or not the Yo-kai designs are lazy.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The pallete swap Yo-kais themselves might be based on other similar youkai and mythological features.
So unless you guys are Japanese mythology experts, I don't think we can judge whether or not the Yo-kai designs are lazy.
So... Unless I know about a certain subject, I can't point out the blatant obvious?
The hell kind of logic is that? It's like if I made an overcooked steak but still forced you to eat it because you don't know the culinary arts.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't really know how to say this is a none mean way, but she's a bit mentally ill. Though last I heard, she is getting proper treatment.
She actually shaved half of her hair off of her scalp, which is sad because she most likely couldn't stop herself from doing so.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-11-7_20-41-12.png

Finally got those screenshots I needed for those darn G&W Run Frames
Fiiiinally

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So... Unless I know about a certain subject, I can't point out the blatant obvious?
The hell kind of logic is that? It's like if I made an overcooked steak but still forced you to eat it because you don't know the culinary arts.
Meh I give, I totally understand the point behind the complaints.
I just doubt the palette swap Yo-kai will affect the experience people will have with YW.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Japanese mythology is lazy then!

Zynux

Smash Lord
Not sure if this has been pointed out, but there was a rumor going around that Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash may have had two extra character not revealed because of the official website pointing out there were 5 new characters coming, instead of 3 that had already been shown off (Rosalina, Toadette, Sprixie).

Turns out, it was just a typo, as you can see when you visit the site-

http://mariotennis.nintendo.com/ultra-smash/play/
"Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash features three new characters alongside returning fan favorites."

-it has been changed back to three in less then 24 hours.

This is probably all we're getting at launch, folks. If there are any new characters they will probably try to milk it as DLC.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well there's certainly a lot of Youkai in this thread. I prefer a different kind of monster, myself.
If it doesn't fit in your pocket, then your monster is lame and uninspired.

What? What did you think I was talking about?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't really know how to say this is a none mean way, but she's a bit mentally ill. Though last I heard, she is getting proper treatment.
Too many toilets to the head I guess
that's estrogen and uh.... i don't remember the name of the other one
some other mtf thing

i'm still 17 i don't have to know these things yet
I think it's anti androgen or something

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Not sure if this has been pointed out, but there was a rumor going around that Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash may have had two extra character not revealed because of the official website pointing out there were 5 new characters coming, instead of 3 that had already been shown off (Rosalina, Toadette, Sprixie).

This is probably all we're getting at launch, folks. If there are any new characters they will probably try to milk it as DLC.
The 2 other unlockables are dry bowser and bowser jr

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Lame.

I was thinking they were secretly marketing geniuses.

They aren't.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

Chrono.

This is kinda hilarious.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Hard to imagine that a Nintendo game with the word "Smash" in its title is probably gonna bomb.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hard to imagine that a Nintendo game with the word "Smash" in its title is probably gonna bomb.
It can. Thing is that what makes the Smash sells is the Bros.

Can't sell without those Bros

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
What's that? Reviewers done goofed? Well how dare they mess up!
Grab the stakes, we're burning a new one tonight!

(If I didn't make it obvious enough I don't care.)
The Halo fanbase actually seems pretty chill though.
Angry Joe's just a **** that deserves to get ****ed in the nostril anyway imo. He monetized his JewWario tribute and didn't even make a tribute to Iwata because he's crying like a ***** about their copyright after he got a donated Wii U SPECIFICALLY for reviewing Wii U games.
'We have renamed our flops recently, The Smashing 101, Chibi Robo Zip Smash, Fatal Frame, Smash of the Black Maiden, Smash Chronicles, etc.'

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Halo fanbase actually seems pretty chill though.
Angry Joe's just a **** that deserves to get ****ed in the nostril anyway imo. He monetized his JewWario tribute and didn't even make a tribute to Iwata because he's crying like a ***** about their copyright after he got a donated Wii U SPECIFICALLY for reviewing Wii U games.
...And I'm done discussing this. Might as well kill it here before Godwin's Law kicks in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually not going to get Halo 5 regardless if Joe is right or wrong

D

Deleted member

Anime is real
*Anime is not real

Well for one I don't like spoilers :p And for second shut up

(and another song goes into the playlist.)
ANIME'S REAL, RIGHT?

If's nog a spoiler tho
BAaTH is more spoilery if anything

it's working...
They'll eventually play it...
Someday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom