• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

I definitely never liked AngryJoe too much but I will say that he does do his name justice.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Getting real sick of gamers holding grudges towards companies.

They're not trusting them ever again and making them the butt of literally everything that comes out of their mouth.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Joe should probably think about Cherry Picking as a side job considering his section on the REQ system in Halo 5.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I definitely never liked AngryJoe too much but I will say that he does do his name justice.
I think it's funny how he gets angry about copyright strikes that can be worked around to the point he boycotts the company, or like in this case, called the entire Halo fanbase idiots and crybabies because Joe got facts wrong and got called out. Then MGSV cuts some of the story 'It's a bit of a shame but I can look past it' ****ing what?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is Mario maker not a game Nintendo goes after? Because it's all over the YouTubes but no crazy copyright BS that angry Joe goes on about

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Getting real sick of gamers holding grudges towards companies.

There's not trusting them again and making them the butt of literally everything that comes out of their mouth.
I hate it when people get so attached to companies and act like it's their best friend or family memebr and feel betrayed when they do something they don't like.

I'm a fan of Xbox, Nintendo and Sony, I have a 3DS, Vita and 360. I hold no affiliation towards any of those company because what they do is a business and they don't rarely care about me but the money I hold.

All I ask is for a quality product and those guys deliver.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Is Mario maker not a game Nintendo goes after? Because it's all over the YouTubes but no crazy copyright BS that angry Joe goes on about
Exactly. Not to mention there are LP'ers who don't get copyright strikes, when they do, they reupload after some editting. Joe? 'I will never do a Nintendo video again' even though his Wii U was given to him. 'Wii U don't interest me. Bayonetta 2 is Wii U exclusive? I wanted that! weh weh' Crybaby Joe is more fitting. Don't think he even tweeted about Iwata

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just saw the comments for the review.

Holy ****.

I thought Nintendo fans were bad. Metroid Prime: Federation Force was at least met with a lot of "let's give it a shot."

They're saying its the death of Halo. Some saying gaming is dead.

Angry Joe, stop being so angry, it's contagious.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I enjoy some of Joe's reviews.

But he definitely has a tendency of blowing things out of proportion. This is one of those times.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Halo is selling well, so the series ain't dying anytime soon

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I just saw the comments for the review.

Holy ****.

I thought Nintendo fans were bad. Metroid Prime Federation Force was at least met with a lot of "let's give it a shot."

They're saying its the death of Halo. Some saying gaming is dead.

Angry Joe, stop being so angry, it's contagious.
The worst part is that with Fed Force, it got negative reception from fans for not meeting expectations for a Metroid game, especially as the Metroid fanbase was still pissed at Other M. Here however, people are angry at a game because a guy they like doesn't like it despite how said guy outright got things wrong. I've heard of Halo 5's microtransactions, but from what I heard, it's the second best microtransaction system, Street Fighter 5 beating it. They are angry at something because of reasons that are wrong. Hell, if he wasn't so hellbent against Nintendo, you bet your sweet buttcheeks he's yell at Fed Force more than anyone else

Soul.

Lol. This is ridiculous. Where did they get that gaming was dead, or that companies can't deliver products that are otherwise called mediocre.

I feel like people just go to the part where the reviewer says the game is **** and instantly agree with them.

YouTube comments are in a new level of bad.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-11-7_21-32-11.png

On the top, Wii U.
On the bottom, 3DS.
MAGICAL DIFFERENCES
I.E. KARATE CHOP RUN
ALL HAIL YOUR 3DS RULERS

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The worst part is that with Fed Force, it got negative reception from fans for not meeting expectations for a Metroid game, especially as the Metroid fanbase was still pissed at Other M. Here however, people are angry at a game because a guy they like doesn't like it despite how said guy outright got things wrong. I've heard of Halo 5's microtransactions, but from what I heard, it's the second best microtransaction system, Street Fighter 5 beating it. They are angry at something because of reasons that are wrong. Hell, if he wasn't so hellbent against Nintendo, you bet your sweet buttcheeks he's yell at Fed Force more than anyone else
Fed Force's existence is soley on Nintendo wanting to make the series more profitable and produce more merchandise from it.

Chrono.

the final special world is unlocked after every Green Star and Stamp are collected as well as getting the Golden Flags
Bro wtf? I was only collecting the Green Stars all this time...

RIP

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Bro wtf? I was only collecting the Green Stars all this time...

RIP
Don' 4get
You gotta beat erry level and Challenge Tent with erry character too to get that juicy 100%
(I hope you got spare controllers)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen So expect Fed Force toys, lunchboxes, board games, cell phone cases, tissues, and more Fed Force merch. There's gonna be alot of $$$$!

Chrono.

Don' 4get
You gotta beat erry level and Challenge Tent with erry character too to get that juicy 100%
(I hope you got spare controllers)
A ha ha ha NO

I'll just get to Champion's Road and beat that and call it a 100% in spirit.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don't like Angry Joe, or any reviewer/YouTube gamer that relies so much on losing their sanity to get attention (whether it's being upset or so called "comedy").

What he did lives up to why I don't like him in the first place.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't like Angry Joe, or any reviewer/YouTube gamer that relies so much on losing their sanity to get attention (whether it's being upset or so called "comedy").

What he did lives up to why I don't him in the first place.
It's why I'm fond of SomecallmeJohnny and NitroRad, they aren't pretending to be mad all the time, but stay calm and collective

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen However I don't agree with Nintendo, I don't think Fed Force is more marketable then the already established characters that they already have.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen However I don't agree with Nintendo, I don't think Fed Force is more marketable then the already established characters that they already have.
This game was in the works for I believe 10 years. I highly doubt it's because Nintendo thought this makes more money than one of the most iconic women in gaming
Nintendo doesn't think Ridley or Kraid are as marketable as generic soldiers apparently.
Good. They are better than mere nameless mooks

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm not surprised to see there are issues with video game reviews (in general).

Reviewing video games is a process that takes a lot more time than reviewing a book, film, or music. With those you have a full idea of its contents, and how long it will take.

Games are elastic and aspects can be stretched out. Some parts can take weeks to find but it doesn't get rid of "deadlines" for reviews. There's also some concern about companies buying reviews, but I think that's only an issue with a number of select individuals...and not the gaming press as a whole.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This game was in the works for I believe 10 years. I highly doubt it's because Nintendo thought this makes more money than one of the most iconic women in gaming

Good. They are better than mere nameless mooks
*Insert ''it prints money'' gif here*

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just saw a commercial for what may be the STUPIDEST "horror" movie ever.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There's also some concern about companies buying reviews, but I think that's only an issue with a number of select individuals...and not the gaming press as a whole.
The only notable instances of higher up manipulation that I can remember of in recent years were Machinima/Microsoft's shady behavior regarding XB1 promotion(say positive things, get paid more), and(while not a monetary example) some YT personalities getting early access to Shadow of Mordor in exchange for agreeing to a restrictive contract which required them to be positive about it.

Even so, companies these days.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let me guess, Green Inferno
I don't remember the title but it was some Christmas BULL**** where because a few kids are acting stupid they ruin all of Christmas for everyone and because of this an evil demon or some **** comes and instead of giving like Santa Clause, he takes away or whatever, yeah it looks so awful it's not even in the so bad it's funny category. I mean why are movies like these tend to be so bad in almost evey area, did the people who made it just decide to enroll in the Michael Bay school of not giving a ****?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm not surprised to see there are issues with video game reviews (in general).

Reviewing video games is a process that takes a lot more time than reviewing a book, film, or music. With those you have a full idea of its contents, and how long it will take.

Games are elastic and aspects can be stretched out. Some parts can take weeks to find but it doesn't get rid of "deadlines" for reviews. There's also some concern about companies buying reviews, but I think that's only an issue with a number of select individuals...and not the gaming press as a whole.
Plus I feel like someone should have experience in the genre/series before reviewing game unless it's they are giving the series a try.

The AJ situation happened because he wasn't as familiar with the series as before and he gets angry for the sake of getting angry.

I look at the review of God Hand and Pro Jared's Metal Gear Rising review as a perfect example

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so can i just say the dub of xeno X is pretty great

like seriously this is a good dub

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I think some people are just gimmick reviewers and are meant to be entertaining before they're informative necessarily. They can still be informative of course but their information is filtered through whatever gimmick they're going for. Generally, someone who's thing it is to complain about minutia will have more negative sounding reviews.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I mean people just need to stop making such **** movies, it's actually starting to get offensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom