• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Waiting for February is gonna be EZ with X AND Cloud.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
In terms of ranking for who's safe it's pretty much this

1. :4sonic:(veteran status)
  2. :4megaman:
  3. :4bayonetta:
  4. :4pacman: (Situational if Namco is still part of development)
  5. :4ryu:
  6. :4cloud:
  7. :snake: (lol he's done for. RIP Solid Sneak)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The thing I'm most salty about is still the CSS. Really, was this so hard?

3DS Roster.png

That took like two minutes to rearrange...

domokl

Smash Lord
In terms of ranking for who's safe it's pretty much this

1. :4sonic:(veteran status)
  2. :4megaman:
  3. :4bayonetta:
  4. :4pacman: (Situational if Namco is still part of development)
  5. :4ryu:
  6. :4cloud:
  7. :snake: (lol he's done for. RIP Solid Sneak)
Why do you think bayonettas so likely to stay? Just curious.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think when the new Smash eventually comes (let's not get too ahead of ourselves) we won't see that many cuts. They reuse assets everytime. Things need to be reworked and integrated but it's not like they are starting from scratch.

I also hope they reuse Bandai Namco.

domokl

Smash Lord
Also good to keep in mind if there's a new director then there's really no predicting as to what he/she will do with the 3rd parties. Still hoping for sakurai to stay though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Waiting for February is gonna be EZ with X AND Cloud.
X is lovely.

I don't need the characters in Smash, though. Just for whoever wrote that beautiful, beautiful dialogue to help with a hypothetical partially voice acted story mode.

Soooooo many good lines that would become instant memes in a fandom like Smash.

And depending on how well they can adapt the feel, a stage. I say "depending" because the five continents are all cliche RPG area types tweaked to feel realistic, natural, and fun to explore.

I'm not sure if Smash's gameplay style can channel what makes it good or not.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why do you think bayonettas so likely to stay? Just curious.
Her and Sonic are IMO the easiest characters to get from Sega/Platinum due to relationship, easier negotiations and popularity

Capcom is willing for Megaman and Ryu since they looooooooooove crossovers.

I just believe Cloud was probably a hard sell but was something both sides wanted

I see all of them returning IMO

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And technically, '06 never happened. :p
06 is fully canon. It just got time warped out. A lot seem to forget that. It did happen, and then was erased. The Time Eater proves you can clearly get that stuff back from being erased when he brought back Crisis City, which shouldn't be possible since that time period was specifically erased.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I completely forgot to tell this thread about the dream I had last night though.

Basically Frogger was revealed and I was hyped.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I just want to say for every Bayonetta supporter:

Congratulations!!

Yo, seriously, I'm happy for you and even I'm excited for her. You all fought against odds and she made it! :D

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Namco must help with the next Smash. I feel as if they were an integral part of why this installment was so amazingly diverse in newcomers and content.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I completely forgot to tell this thread about the dream I had last night though.

Unfortunately, your dream was crushed by a car. And then a truck. And then a log. And then water. But seriously, he'd have been... interesting. As long as he eats people as some kind of attack.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I will say.

It's a good thing I bought and enjoyed Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 when I did.

I think me loving those games helped my lack of salt.

I probably would have been salty otherwise.

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
So doesn't bayonetta break the whole "the third party charachter must be a legendary figure in gaming" thing? Or is that nullified because of nintendos relationship with plantinum?

wildvine47

Smash Ace
Honestly though, after today's direct more than ever...

I really want a new director to take the reins on Smash 5. Sakurai's been great for four games, but he really REALLY lets his biases and stubborn-ness affect roster decision.

If we had any other director we'd absolutely not have 6 FE characters, which is ludicrous. Tied with Pokemon. The second best selling franchise of all time. And I'm firmly of the belief that advertising Fates had nothing to do with it, otherwise we'd have had Inklings at Splatoon's launch (and no the costumes do not count). Sakurai's FE fanboyism won out in the end.

I think the guy deserves a break and the Smash franchise deserves a breath of fresh air. Hopefully both can get it.

So doesn't bayonetta break the whole "the third party charachter must be a legendary figure in gaming" thing? Or is that nullified because of nintendos relationship with plantinum?
I think she's a rulebreaker in that regard due to her, you know, supposedly winning the ballot. On her own merits she doesn't stack up at all.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sakurai said she was the top voted in the ballot. While many question this, that's the "special situation" she was in. Also, it was likely very easy to get the rights to use her. Look how much content she got compared to Cloud. She got better costumes too. Simply put, a lot of this actually is a matter "how easy can we get this stuff". Sakurai has to bend to the 3rd party companies' whims to a degree(of course, he can say no, and that happens). They allow what they want, and he has to abide by that. It's an agreement to use their character, so...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I still vaguely remember having a dream about Snoopy and Garfield getting in a few days before Cloud was announced.

The feeling of hopeless pained confusion mixed with strange acceptance was weirdly prescient in regards to this whole thing.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

I had a dream two nights ago where they revealed Sandbag, and he was an OP, combo-heavy character like Bayonetta.

Kinda sad it wasn't real.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Unfortunately, your dream was crushed by a car. And then a truck. And then a log. And then water. But seriously, he'd have been... interesting. As long as he eats people as some kind of attack.
No but seriously why is Frogger able to drown?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
One thing we need to remember is that Europe doesn't just include the English speaking people. There's also the French, Germans, etc that have been missing from many fan polls (I think I mentioned that in the "Dangers of Online Polling").

While I don't Like Connir on paper, at least his playstyles is unique. Though his selection rational could have just as easily been applied to Inklings. Before you say they were hold back --I don't believe that for a second. Sakurai treats every game like his last and doesn't save people for the next game. Also look how advanced the newcomers all are. They could have made ink work in the frame of a fighting game.

D

Deleted member

Cloud is pfficially the character I never knew I wanted in smash. That's what I have to say in short.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Alright does someone know what Cloud says?

I know he at least says something in Japanese for full Limit Gauge. . .
"Limits are meant to be broken."

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Unless a third party company gets bought by a competitor (remember Capcom is still for sale) or the company goes Konami, I feel all the 3rd parties right now are safe for a next Smash. Nintendo, Sega, Capcom and Namco have really been great buddies these last years. Cloud's the only one I feel a bit iffy about his chances to return.

I really enjoyed Bayonetta's inclusion. I feel a bit weird about Corrin though. I don't mind at all that he's a FE character. I just feel the timing was a bit weird since Fates isn't even released outside Japan. He does looks really unique and fun to play, so I'll watch his trailer once again tomorrow when my mind isn't entirely focused on that and that way I get to enjoy his inclusion even more

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Alright does someone know what Cloud says?

I know he at least says something in Japanese for full Limit Gauge. . .
Gotta work now. SG will post the translations as soon as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom