• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Pretty sure every mii costume gets their theme play.
I remember Virtua fighter music playing but we dont have any songs in game. Geno wasn't singled out

Still salty as **** Midgar has a whopping 2 songs.

SE has so much good music. FF, BD, KH, DQ etc etc

and we get. . .2 songs. Not as disappointing as Bayo but im still very miffed about this.

Not even remixes. Ryu got lots of songs. Not Cloud

I blame SE

Do what we always do.

Argue and talk Nintendo
I'm not saying he was singled out

I'm just saying it should totally be in the game

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm gonna need Sakurai to meet up with SE to patch in some more songs.

At least Suzaku Castle has 2 remixes, and different variations.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Yeah I imagine this'll be an NX leaks focused thread for the upcoming months. Exciting! As this console seems more promising than Wii U.

Can't wait to have a fun E3 experience with you all again. For the 3rd year in a row. (Dang we've been here awhile)

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm kinda sad Wolf is gone, but at the end of the day, it's just a video game. A dang good one at that. It's been quite a ride.
Even though none of the characters I wanted were accepted I'm really only upset about Wolf's absence, serves me right for seeing him as a "shoe-in"; but if there's one thing I won't deny is that this is a damn good game.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just want to talk Smash 4 and Video games with you people.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sure even with Sakurai saying ''THIS IS FINAL."

Some idiot is going to say ''As they were finishing Bayonetta and Corrin they decided to add in -insert veteran here-"

AreJay25

Some idiot is going to say ''As they were finishing Bayonetta and Corrin they decided to add in -insert veteran here-"
I'm already seeing this theory.

Denial does some crazy things.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I was not hyped for Cloud at all, but he is super fun to play.
Speaking of, I'll probably hop on FG tomorrow to see if I can get a taste test (And by that I mean Copy Ability) of Cloud as Kirby whilst I make my For Fun rounds
Just to spam his Neutral B as per usual with Hats :4pacman:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Two things:
1) I'm watching American Dad right now while working, just thought you should know.
2) as soon as Sakurai specified "final NEW character" I automatically thought the same thing. People are going to assume we are still getting veterans just because he said "new character" and not "character" in general.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If you really want to be salty about Corrin and Bayonetta.

Be haters.

Take solice they of all DLC might not make Smash 5. Not with a game that will be ages old by that time and the potential for no more sequels hanging over them.

I for one hope all 58 characters make it back in Smash 5, but that might be a pipe dream.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Be haters.

Take solice they of all DLC might not make Smash 5. Not with a game that will be ages old by that time and the potential for no more sequels hanging over them.

I for one hope all 58 characters make it back in Smash 5, but that might be a pipe dream.
I, too, hope all 58 come back (though I'd admittedly be fine with Doctor Mario being relegated to a costume, but eh), but man...I fear Smash 5 speculation when it comes to talk of cuts. Mainly Fire Emblem as a whole, and Greninja.

Greninja shouldn't leave.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i come back here for some salt for my french fries but i didnt expect the ******* dead sea to have moved its geographical location

*the dead sea is the saltiest body of water on the planet

now im not saying you cant get upset but please stop throwing a temper tantrum because you didnt get who you wanted

i know im probobly not the best person to talk about this seeing as aside from wonder red and phosphora i got every character i wanted but man i expected better out of you guys

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Smash 5 cuts will be interesting. Especially around the discussion of the DLC fighters. Mewtwo is likely guaranteed a spot anyway. But everyone else will be a tricky situation.

D

Deleted member

Goddamn, I admit that I was indifferent to cloud's inclusion when he was announced, but after using him and such.... Yeah, new main. And probably gonna finally get me into a new series too.

AreJay25

I wouldn't be surprised if every character came back, especially if Namco Bandai helps develop again.

Only ones I could see being in jeopardy are 3rd parties, due to obvious licensing issues/disagreements.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I, too, hope all 58 come back (though I'd admittedly be fine with Doctor Mario being relegated to a costume, but eh), but man...I fear Smash 5 speculation when it comes to talk of cuts. Mainly Fire Emblem as a whole, and Greninja.

Greninja shouldn't leave.
can we at least have something done about :4darkpit: and :4lucina:
i mean they're beyond even clones

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'm already seeing this theory.

Denial does some crazy things.
In the Mewtwo trailer there was a scene where Mewtwo attacked Roy Koopa.

We ended up getting Roy from Fire Emblem, another cut Melee veteran, as DLC.

In the Lucas trailer there was a scene where Lucas uses his Rope Snake on the Prince of Sable in his snake form.

Sakurai must be lying as there is a 100% confirmed by Sakurai himself live from time square confirmation that we will be getting Scooby Snakes in Mario Kart.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
I honestly kind of dread Sma5h's announcement at this point. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite series, and the only character I'd be remotely okay with them cutting, would be Lucina.
And this could have been Wolf's last shot period. If Zero tanks, well...
Hopefully Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas are safe for another round, but...

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero

Be haters.

After Sakurai spoke about relevancy, I definitely don't think all 58 would make it into 5, but I wouldn't hate it at all!

Also, I'm so freakin happy about Bayonetta. And Corrin actually looks awesome, as much of a bummer as it is that there are 6 FE characters. With Star Fox and Zelda coming out next year, newcomers from either of those series would be awesome. But I can accept Corrin with how original they are.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Plus the music....oh God the music. I'm sad this didn't get chosen though.
I think it was under a different name. We got the instrumental version (it was playing during parts of the direct), so I think there's a chance we'll get the version with vocals. I'll need to check the direct again and look up the song names.

Soul.

Guess we can speculate about why NX won't be a hybrid maybe idk.

Honestly, the hybrid thing is a bit silly to me but whatever

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah think about this for a minute guys....

Bayonetta will be in Mario Maker.....

Yes that just happened!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
can we at least have something done about :4darkpit: and :4lucina:
i mean they're beyond even clones
Both at least have the ability to be Luigified. Dark Pit's got all those other Uprising weapons, while Lucina has Great Lord things like lances (which I'd have preferred to go to Chrom but well you know :p).

Though even if she remains clone-ish I can't see Lucina being cut, mainly just due to how popular of a character she is.

Also, as far as the DLC goes, I think at the very least, Mewtwo and Ryu would be brought over to the main roster (Mewtwo for fan demand, and Ryu because, well, Capcom's on board already with Mega Man and he's a popular addition).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
i come back here for some salt for my french fries but i didnt expect the ******* dead sea to have moved its geographical location

*the dead sea is the saltiest body of water on the planet

now im not saying you cant get upset but please stop throwing a temper tantrum because you didnt get who you wanted

i know im probobly not the best person to talk about this seeing as aside from wonder red and phosphora i got every character i wanted but man i expected better out of you guys
Phosphora?

DAAAANG, first some guy on GameFAQs mentioning Captain Syrup and now this. I think the end of speculation and leaks is reactivating all of our pre E3 2013 memory banks.

Perhaps it's for the best that we start fresh with what we had before and work our way from there. It's probably what was happening in 2012, and it's probably what gave us the Geno costume. Heck, it may have been responsible for the presence of every non-marketing character in the game.

. . .Don't mind me, I'm babbling. Just had some nostalgia, that's all.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Well all, it's been a crazy ride.
Aw man, I can barely remember my internet life without you guys I've been here so long. While not nearly as prominent as some of you guys, I've been here for a good while, and it's been amazing to join and share in all the Smash Bros. Hype. I've had so much fun here on SmashBoards, first as a Bronado (Dorf Patrol!), then as a member of the Leaks Group/Nintenzone, which has kind of become my permanent residence here on Smashboards. I remember all the Gematsu and Ridley debates, Miahstorm, Awkward, Foul Mouthed, Palutena, Ninka/Vaanrose, ESRB, Rayman, the Datamines, so many different leaks and events that we've covered and been the center of. It's crazy. I remember when this game was first announced, and just how excited I was then. I had no clue I'd end up here when I started speculating, but I'm definitely glad that I ended up here. You guys are some of the best people I've come across in all of my time on the internet. While we fight every now and again, we can always get back to the one thing that unites us all, Smash Bros.

Speaking of, I had no idea how this game would end up back in 2011 when it was announced. All I knew was I wanted 5 characters. Nothing more, nothing less. Not only did I get all 5 of those characters, but I got a ton of characters I didn't even know I wanted. If you take a step back and look at the game as a whole, you realize just how much effort went into this game. Most games are developed in a year, and live on maybe another year. Smash started development in 2012, and went on for another 4 years. And it'll live on after it's development, just life any other Smash game. I know some of you are disappointed due to it missing a character or two, but it's still an amazing game, and whenever I have my friends over, even if we mean not to, we end up playing lots of Smash. And that's what so great about Smash Bros. It brings people from all over together. Isn't that the purpose of this website? For people who love Smash Bros, Nintendo, and Video Games to come together and talk and meet? The purpose we all came together initially was because we all loved Smash Bros, and loved it so much we wanted the latest scoops even before they hit the presses. And yet, our group evolved from that, and here we are now. It's been a crazy ride to say the least, especially at the end here, what with Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta, the three most surprising reveals, none of which were leaked beforehand. I can't say I wasn't taken by surprise, but looking at the characters, I can't wait to get my hands on them and try them out. And even once development stops, I don't think I'll be leaving anytime soon. I don't know where else I'd go. XD
And even now that Smash speculation is over, we can still keep it going, what with the NX and E3 2016 on the way. Lets keep the speculation up until Smash 5 comes out!

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm glad that I got to be a part of all of the wacky leak-busting shenanigans, and I hope that we can keep the speculation going, even after everything Smash 4 is said and done.

Chrono.

I wonder how safe Sonic is for 5

Considering how hated he is now (thanks to his recent reputation and moveset).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think the next Smash will be an ULTIMATE SMASH BROS or something like that.

After all....

The game is called "Super Smash Bros."

It can apply to any console.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Smash 5 cuts will be interesting. Especially around the discussion of the DLC fighters. Mewtwo is likely guaranteed a spot anyway. But everyone else will be a tricky situation.
I think Mewtwo and Lucas are fine. I can see Roy as a one time thing return for this game but won't be back next game

Ryu and Cloud are gonna depend on a lot of situations and Pac-Man hinges on if Namco Bandai still helps with development.

Bayonetta is a character who has, in my opinion the third best shot in returning along with Megaman and Sonic

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
One man's trash heap is another man's treasure trove.
Now if you'll excuse me.

IRL that would hurt like hell, especially due to the flat shape of coins preventing much give.

Scrooge has an incredible if oddly specific superpower.

I dont think moveset will have anything to do with anything

It's not like Meta Knight was cut.

The thought of Cloud being cut already makes me sad and I haven't even played him yet :(

Maybe if he was a vet he would have some music with him. :ohwell:

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

If Sonic is cut next game, the silent majority will be at Nintendo's doorstep with pitchforks and torches.

And I will be leading the charge.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Pretty darn safe.

Sonic being cut would cause backlash so huge I can't possibly describe it.

domokl

Smash Lord
It's early to be thinking this but I wonder in the next smash who of the third parties will be booted. Pac man,sonic and mega man are probably safe but the others all seem like they could be cut ala snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom