• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that article just really stupid or has Fallout never actually had a female avatar option before?
3 had a female option. Pretty sure New Vegas did too. No idea about the older games. Just dumb journalism
EDIT smashboards if you could load every post when I hit refresh that would be dandy

Still hyped as ****. I need muh pip boy, bobbleheads, and adventure

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
It's sooooo ****ing dumb to think this will rival Pokemon, something that had a 20 year headstart
I wouldnt say that.
Blockbuster had a pretty good head start in movie rentals over Netflix...
You never know what's gonna come out on top. Now I doubt it will happen, especially not right at launch.
But I wouldnt rule it out in the future.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I wouldnt say that.
You never know what's gonna come out on top. Now I doubt it will happen, especially not right at launch.
But what killed Blockbuster in comparison to Netflix is conviniance. Pokemon is one of the best sellingfranchises in the world, YW may become big, but it'll NEVER rival Pokemon's popularity

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wouldnt say that.
To be fair, Blockbuster died because everyone started to go towards digital.

D

Deleted member

What a compelling argument
The only thing we know is that it's selling like hotcakes in its home country. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll become the next Pokémon. If anything, it could be the next Digimon. :troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Pokemon is a 100+ million dollar franchise

Yokai Watch won't even come close to that.

Plus Pokemon designs range from all different variants while YW has much more cartoonish designs and Pokemon's gameplay is super simplistic but still deep and can be used competitively

The only series that ever came close to Pokemon's level was Digimon back in its heyday in 1999-2000 but that was it

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I didn't like FO3.

I also didn't like Vanilla Skyrim.

Not gonna bother with 4. Bethesda aren't very good game developers.
You don't like Fallout and Skyrim, fine, but other people do. That does not make it an "insurmountable fail", saying something like that just makes you look like an ass.

I'm not saying this because I'm a fan of the games because I'm not, I've never had much of an interest in Bethesda games aside from Dishonored, but Fallout 4 looks interesting.

Also, I don't like Pikmin, but that doesn't mean I'm going to call the series a failure.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Favorite Sonic OST?

That's like picking a favorite child. That I don't have.
Then thank God I don't care for kids!

Though to be serious I find most of Sonic CD's (JP/PAL) soundtrack to be decent. The Bad Futures especially.

Last edited:

Though to be serious I find most of Sonic CD's (JP/PAL) soundtrack to be decent. The Bad Futures especially.
I will never be able to take this song seriously.

Apparently people love it but the chanting will only make this song laughable to me. (well it's pretty good now that I seriously listen to it too >_>)
inb5 5 video limit

Last edited:

Soul.

Sonic games have always had amazing music. It's so hard to pick a favorite lol.

You could name all of them and there wouldn't be a favorite.

D

Deleted member

Favorite Rolling around at the speed of sound, Sonic Got places to go, gotta follow my rainbow OST? Can't stick around, have to keep moving on,
There is Guess what lies ahead, only one way to find out! only one real Must keep on moving ahead, answer but it can't
No time for guessing, follow my plan instead. be expressed Trusting in what you can't see,Take my lead i'll set you free. in simple words...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This site is being awfully laggy for me today.

Anyone else having this issue?
Nope. All well over here

Apparently people love it but the chanting will only make this song laughable to me. (well it's pretty good now that I seriously listen to it too >_>)
inb5 5 video limit
Stardust Speedway Past has it more than the other mixes and it's the best IMO.

Even then the best track in Sonic CD is Quarz Quadrant Present

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

inb5 5 video limit
If anything, hurr hurr hey makes me feel like I'm at a disco for some reason

Palmtree Panic Bad Future JP is one of my favourites in Sonic CD

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
The only thing we know is that it's selling like hotcakes in its home country. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll become the next Pokémon. If anything, it could be the next Digimon. :troll:
Could be, but that depends on what happens with the franchise and how the developers treat it, and it's those elements that will help make or break it.

To use Digimon as an example, that was a great series, and one that managed to go toe-to-toe with Pokémon for a time, but it also had a number of issues that held it back. It was on a dying network block, it didn't have nearly as strong a presence on other media like games compared to Pokémon, as much as I hate saying it, Tamers did scare away a lot of fans from watching it due to the changing cast and the darker elements behind it (thank god it's vindicated by history now though) and Frontier didn't help, and Bandai never really fully put their trust in it. Those factors made it hard for Digimon to maintain itself, and eventually that is what led to its downfall.

Now, Yokai Watch is in the position where it has gotten a lot of success itself, but its situation seems to be better, at least on paper. It has a bigger presence on other media since not only is its show doing well, things like the games are too, it's on a channel that has very little chance to die off, its show, while definitely not to the depth of Digimon, is keeping its elements consistent and not giving a reason for the kids to stop watching, and above all, Level-5 (and even Nintendo) are fully backing it. So Yokai Watch's position is better off so far, and considering that it's managed to leave such a mark on Japan already (we are talking about a franchise that kicked off Pikachu of all things from Kids magazines), it could be a franchise that manages to live long past what many would expect for it.

Now will it? I honestly have no clue and I'm not going to make any predictions on the subject, but I do feel that calling it the next Digimon (in that, it's not going to maintain its success) is just as haphazard as calling it the next Pokémon. It's a new franchise that has managed to get a lot of success, and that's all there is to it, we can't say it's going to be one or the other just yet as it's still in its growing stages and we don't know what the final stage will look like once it's done. Once we get to that point, then we can start accessing whether it's a big dog or weak pup, but until then, it's mostly theory on both sides' parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom