• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Move over :ganondorf:, there's a true king of evil

Chrono.

Don't expect Z or anything to be announced this year.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the daily reminder as rushed as mario tennis US is.....its litteraly the only current gen option for tennis games
so it wins by....de-FAULT

Chrono.

the daily reminder as rushed as mario tennis US is.....its litteraly the only current gen option for tennis games
so it wins by....de-FAULT
Yeah, I'm sure Tennis fans are totally gonna be rushing out to buy a Wii U to get their yearly Tennis fix.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Favourite video game villains?

Seeing as it's N7 day Harbinger deserves a reference.
The first Reaper created and bringer of Galactic Destruction able to indoctrinate beings to do it's bidding.

Of course there's a certain Senator that needs to be mentioned too.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Dr.Ivo Eggman Robotnik is one of my favourite villains.

And his theme's kick ***
Aosth, Satam, Adventure 1 & 2, Heroes, Shadow, 06, Unleashed & Colours, Lost World and all his boss fight themes.
All of them are good in thier win rights.
Finally have a reason to post this.
The person who made that shovel knight smash poster made one for eggman and shantae as will.Think they look mighty cool

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, may as well. You guys can hate me later. :p

So yeah, they're horrifying. And I want each and every one of you to take back what you said about the Basking Shark after seeing this terrifying freak of nature. :p
I thought this just looked ugly, but the gif is creepy, send all of them to the very bottom of the ocean, never to return...
Don't expect Z or anything to be announced this year.
Damn, I wonder what game will fill the gap? Pokken isn't out for awhile, mystery dungeon won't due. Maybe another spinoff? If so, Pokemon Ranger 4 please... Or Pokemon XD sequel.

D

Deleted member

I hate everything
Remember when journalism was supposed to be objective and inform people with the truth?

Me neither.

On the bright side, I doubt it'll get green lit, and if it does, it's likely to flop. A movie about "cyber bullying" doesn't sound too exciting tbh. So, another hilariously bad movie for the discount bin it seems.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Remember when journalism was supposed to be objective and inform people with the truth?

Me neither.

On the bright side, I doubt it'll get green lit, and if it does, it's likely to flop. A movie about "cyber bullying" doesn't sound too exciting tbh. So, another hilariously bad movie for the discount bin it seems.
Cartoon Network already made a documentary about cyberbullying, or bullying in general.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Finally have a reason to post this.
The person who made that shovel knight smash poster made one for eggman and shantae as will.Think they look mighty cool
Those look Incredibly Cool.
I would be overjoyed if Eggman got into Smash.
And Bonus points if they gave him EggmanLand as his stage.
Means this could finally get in the game as well.
Why Endless Possibilties never got into the base game in any way is beyond me.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I think it may be because of licensing issues.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Isn't Endless Possibilities in Smash 4?

I mean they have Knight of the Wind in there.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Metal Face is giving Bowser serious competition on my 'favorite villains' list Nintendo-wise.

If only because the love to hate factor is so immensely strong. Oh, and his utter English hamminess.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's the issue of the original 3DS and 3DS XL where the bottom screen borders are so tall, even taller then the protectors, so it scratches lines in the screen when it's closed.

In this case, the C-Stick is even taller so the C-Stick has a line inside it now from the top screen's edge pushing right into it and the pressure leaving a permanent mark inside it. There's also a C-Stick print in the top screen (thankfully I have a screen protector) due to this as well.
I see.

Well, that's unfortunate but hopefully you can solve the issue.

Metal Face is a fantastic villain. Amazing design too.
Yea, I agree. Everything about him is great.
Move over :ganondorf:, there's a true king of evil

M. Bison is tough competition for Ganondorf. Both are great villains.

And speaking of Metal Face and M. Bison, their appearance in PXZ2, both voiced by Norio Wakamoto (THE Japanese VA for villain roles), is going to be a sight to behold.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Isn't Endless Possibilities in Smash 4?

I mean they have Knight of the Wind in there.
To my Knowledge rooftop run is in, in favour or it.
And it's the Generations Version.
Which means no Unleashed Music made it in. Only now do I actually notice this.

I think it may be because of licensing issues.
Perfect Time to use this.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Is there an English equivalent to Norio Wakamoto?
You know, a badass villain VA that makes every villain awesome?

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head, at least, not one that's known mainly for villains.
At the very least, Mike Pollock and DC Douglas do great villains (just not many).

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head, at least, not one that's known mainly for villains.
At the very least, Mike Pollock and DC Douglas do great villains (just not many).
The closest I can think of Tim Curry.

Last edited:

Chrono.

>notices ZeRo starting up Smash Twitter drama

It's been lively over there today huh

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
On the topic of villains, what's some really awesome, underrated villains in games?
I already have my picks:
I also really enjoyed King Gangrel from Fire Emblem Awakening. Really great, appropriately crazy villain.
Was Mary really that underrated? I'd thought she received plenty of praise.

Anyway, here's the first that came to mind...

HUZZAH!!

Last edited:
Jumping on the favorite villains bandwagon

This is super bias beacuse his fight is amazing but I love this guy even though he barely gets any time to shine. Also he is a joke on Mother Brain and Metroid is cool.

It is impossible not to love this guy.

LLAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEENCEEEEEE

"**** your planet, **** your family, **** your new planet, **** your new family and of course **** you"-Ridley

Definitely under the category of love to hate.

I think we all know his story by now.

*insert Konami joke here*
"Everyone loves a good villain, but everyone hates a great villain" -someone probably
and everyone feels bad for an even greater villain.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>notices ZeRo starting up Smash Twitter drama

It's been lively over there today huh
What happened this time?

I see.

Well, that's unfortunate but hopefully you can solve the issue.

Yea, I agree. Everything about him is great.

M. Bison is tough competition for Ganondorf. Both are great villains.

And speaking of Metal Face and M. Bison, their appearance in PXZ2, both voiced by Norio Wakamoto (THE Japanese VA for villain roles), is going to be a sight to behold.
Man I love Wakamoto. Best Japanese voice actor

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly the thing that stands out most to me is the fact that they never even reached out to Scarlett when she's a central point of the headline. Like...really? I mean even if it led to a simple "declined to comment" type of thing, it would have aided the story. It's not even a matter of word count limitations; it's online journalism, space is a non-issue.

It just seems...incredibly lazy. Sorry if that took off on a track you didn't intend. :p

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Decided to make a poll for direct speculation

http://strawpoll.me/5944334

If we are guaranteed one direct by the end of the year, that leaves only 8 weeks left. Of those 8 weeks, three are major holidays (Thanksgiving/Black Friday, Christmas, and New Years). Nintendo has never done a direct during these weeks before, nor would it be wise since many will be spending time with friends and family. So this leaves 5 out of the next 8 weeks as possibilities

-Next week marks the same amount of time we had to wait for a post E3 direct last year, as well as the release of the animal crossing amiibo line/mewtwo.
-In two weeks, we will see the release of Mario Tennis. This will also be the week where SF0 was supposed to release. Its been rumored that Wolf would have been bundled with SF0, and its possible Wolf could still be released then. (Keep in mind the Falco amiibo didn't get delayed). This is also the one year anniversary of Smash Wii U. This is also the last week before Black Friday, which requires a huge push for Nintendo to push sales this year.

-First week of December (Paper Jam in EU and Xenoblade X release date).
-Second week of December (Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival).
-Third week of December (last possible week for direct, leaving remaining weeks for holiday time).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly the thing that stands out most to me is the fact that they never even reached out to Scarlett when she's a central point of the headline. Like...really? I mean even if it led to a simple "declined to comment" type of thing, it would have aided the story. It's not even a matter of word count limitations; it's online journalism, space is a non-issue.

It just seems...incredibly lazy. Sorry if that took off on a track you didn't intend. :p

Nah, s'cool. I posted it here mostly to hear people's thoughts. Varied opinions ya know. I already discussed this to death on 4chan and Reddit. Plus, 2nd Wave femimism was been such a hot button issue these days, I've actually grown a bit tired talking about it so much. :p

More on topic, not vidya, but the best villain I've come across in recent times is:

The hallmark of a well-written character is making them sacrifice something they weren't willing to at the beginning of the story.

I really enjoyed watching how Meruem developed his humanity over the course of the Chimera Ant arc. Especially with how at the end, he refused to fight Netero, and instead sought to resolve things with words. Seeing his ideals transform from selfish instinctual bloodlust, toward seeking to end suffering through dictatorial conquest was intersting to say the least. Especially since you could say that his values were the most correct of them all.

Chimera Ant arc in general simply didn't deserve to be so good. Morally gray villains are the best.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I played The Wolf Among Us a year after it came out, and I'm primarily a Nintendo fan, so I have seen very little mention of Mary anywhere. Sadly...
I guess you're right... among the WAU fanbase she's probably the most popular antagonist, but I forget that the fanbase itself is tiny, so she's underrated along with the rest of that game.

Honestly, that's my favorite Telltale game and I want more yesterday.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Steve Blum? Dude's done plenty of villains.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I guess you're right... among the WAU fanbase she's probably the most popular antagonist, but I forget that the fanbase itself is tiny, so she's underrated along with the rest of that game.

Honestly, that's my favorite Telltale game and I want more yesterday.
Yeah, I really want TWAU Season 2, but mostly only if
Bloody Mary comes back.
In which case, I hope she is an anti-hero instead of a villain, I like Bigby and Mary's rivalry and I want more of that.

Just don't bring her back from the dead only to kill her again. D:

Khoru

Smash Champion
so cosmo wright came out as trans
her name's narcissa now
she's speedrun the wind waker and ocarina of time, and she was at the nintendo world championships in june

WinWaker

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom