• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Honestly, I can hardly make any predictions because I have low expectations and don't know who will be the lucky ones. It feels far easier to me to make a negative bingo like Burb did than otherwise lmao

Shroob

Sup?
Wolf and Paper Mario?

I wouldn't hate it at all, but I highly doubt it.

Though, c'mon. Having the 64 SF stage back would be awesome, admit it.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If we were to somehow get Krusha over K Rool, he would need to be based entirely off of the Cartoon version of Krusha.

Because if he wasn't... Ohhh ohohohoh, but t-that's BAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDD....

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
* @vaanrose goes on about edge clipping*

This pretty much confirms it fake alone; the outlines around PM's text looks thinner than on most characters' names as well. Too good to be true, sadly.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
That Wolf model looks SUPER ripped from Brawl. Look at the textures.

Also that fake font is so bad lol

Shroob

Sup?
I swear I've seen this Wolf model before.

But major props to whoever put a ton of time and effort into this. I never realized how badly I wanted Sector Z.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly I couldn't imagine Wolf not having his SF0 costume if he somehow ends up in Smash. Roy got updated visually, so I don't know why Wolf would keep a design that he will probably never have in the games again. A look that isn't even canon anymore.
To be honest though, we haven't exactly seen WHAT Wolf looks like in Zero.

Not that I think this leak is legit or anything.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Good lord that leak... A for effort at least.

But holy ****, the last "leaked" Pic of Wolf in battle is so insanely fake that it isn't even funny. It's the Brawl Model, seriously.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Wolf's lacking shadow in that screenshot (also how convenient he's just standing there)

And Paper Mario himself looks very off

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Thanks to Fenriraga Fenriraga , yes.
That pretty nice. Hope you enjoy the Disco Room

Honestly I couldn't imagine Wolf not having his SF0 costume if he somehow ends up in Smash. Roy got updated visually, so I don't know why Wolf would keep a design that he will probably never have in the games again. A look that isn't even canon anymore.
That's the thing, I can see Wolf getting a redesign pretty soon.

I just hope it has some features from Assault

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Here are some photos

View attachment 87435 View attachment 87436 View attachment 87438
I haven't seen this Wolf Render yet but it does look fake
SSB64 Classic Mode? There was a fake leak a few months ago that featured that, too.

Wolf's render looks like the sort of thing you'd see in a Brawl CSS mod.

Marth and Ike were updated visually. Fox and Falco look exactly the same as they did in Brawl.

Roy being updated does not mean Wolf would be.

So many issues . . .so little time.

I mean at least 4chan is trying again. Nice to see they got out of that slump.

If you need me i'll be listening to Birth of a God and J-E-N-O-V-A in sadness knowing they wont see the light os smashing.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
SSB64 Classic Mode? There was a fake leak a few months ago that featured that, too.

Wolf's render looks like the sort of thing you'd see in a Brawl CSS mod.

Marth and Ike were updated visually. Fox and Falco look exactly the same as they did in Brawl.

Roy being updated does not mean Wolf would be.
Smash went into production in 2012 though, SF0 possibly wasn't out of its developmental hell by that time, and it's not all too likely that they'd settled on designs for the characters at that time. Plus, they're a lot closer to their SF0 designs in Smash than Wolf would be in his Brawl one.

To be honest though, we haven't exactly seen WHAT Wolf looks like in Zero.

Not that I think this leak is legit or anything.
Considering everyone else is going back to Lylat Wars esque designs it'll probably be close to this;

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Of course, this fake leak had to crush my soul with the Xenoblade X stage and all the potential great music from it.

(And Wolf.)

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Unless they're actually updating the game client's files... we won't have anything leak from maintenance.

It would take a lot longer to mine for data from the server. We get all these leaks because people can datamine the game's files.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I mean at this point we all know how insanely easy it is to make a fake Music List and such, I mean hell, a TEMPLATE was released for it by the guys who did the Dr. Mario stage.

I will say that if this WAS real then I would be absolutely 100% satisfied with the results, but Paper Mario looks REALLY off, even for an 'updated' look, and the screen with Wolf is literally his Brawl Model, even with how simple Lucas looks in U, I can still clearly tell the difference between Brawl Lucas and U Lucas, I mean Wolf has a nice render but the model doesnt match it even remotley. Also, dem shadows. Plus, calling old style classic mode adventure mode? Lol.

So yeah.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Smash went into production in 2012 though, SF0 possibly wasn't out of its developmental hell by that time, and it's not all too likely that they'd settled on designs for the characters at that time.
Doesn't matter. Characters of the same franchise in SSB4 have been given the same treatment as one another. All the Fire Emblem vets have new designs. All the Zelda characters are still in Twilight Princess form, likely because Ganondorf isn't in Skyward Sword. Lucas was given the same visual update as Ness.

It's every bit as likely Sakurai would want Wolf to look in-line with Fox and Falco rather than giving him his SF0 look and making him feel out of place, if not moreso given the attention to detail he's known for.

Plus, they're a lot closer to their SF0 designs in Smash than Wolf would be in his Brawl one.
Not really, no.

They look the same as they do in Brawl. There's nothing SF0 about their SSB4 designs.

Shroob

Sup?
Smash went into production in 2012 though, SF0 possibly wasn't out of its developmental hell by that time, and it's not all too likely that they'd settled on designs for the characters at that time. Plus, they're a lot closer to their SF0 designs in Smash than Wolf would be in his Brawl one.

Considering everyone else is going back to Lylat Wars esque designs it'll probably be close to this;
To be honest though, it's just as possible they don't update him at all. Technically speaking, SF0 isn't out, and neither Fox nor Falco got updated for their appearance. Roy got how he was because that's how he looked in Awakening, but Wolf doesn't have a general 'new' design for the public's eyes yet.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

48 hours until the final characters are revealed.

Any who that leak tried though. Even if it was obvious at how fake it is.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If this was real, it would be absolutely awesome.

I mean, Wolf returns and there's a Xenoblade X stage and music. That's all I would need for a proper last DLC.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
idk why no one tagged me :)

Anyway, it jsut looks very off, someoen on the 4chan thread posted that:

Looks very similar to the other one and this one jsut looks like urgh.

the hammer tracing is wrong, the black outlines are WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAY TOO THICK, the m is placed like spm which is I don;t think I ever saw that placement normally in every art what so ever (itp;s usually placed like my avi) and something abotu the gradients feels off (seems too linear while the real one have a slightly contrast).

Like it;s clearly fake lol :)

EDIT: the arms joints are missplaced.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's fake. Soul-crushing, but fake.

There are plenty of things off with it. The renders, the CSS, the fact music lists are stupidly easy to fake and that Wolf screenshot that reeks of poorly done photoshop (i.e. no shadow).

(I just want Wolf and XCX stuff in Smash. :()

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
All I want is Wolf back, leakers can say we'll get Shrek or Goku, but as long as Wolf's in it, I'm okay with it. Then my friends can stop taunting me about losing a main
You could switch to Lucina. She fits your size well. :troll:

But yeah, Wolf being back would be sweet. I don't believe the leak, though.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Doesn't matter. Characters of the same franchise in SSB4 have been given the same treatment as one another. All the Fire Emblem vets have new designs. All the Zelda characters are still in Twilight Princess form, likely because Ganondorf isn't in Skyward Sword. Lucas was given the same visual update as Ness.

It's every bit as likely Sakurai would want Wolf to look in-line with Fox and Falco rather than giving him his SF0 look and making him feel out of place, if not moreso given the attention to detail he's known for.

Not really, no.

They look the same as they do in Brawl. There's nothing SF0 about their SSB4 designs.
Considering the command looks were derived from the N64 looks (went back to jackets/matching etc), they are closer to the SF0 designs than they are to their assault designs for example.

Hey may theoretically keep his Brawl design, but I wouldn't discount him getting his SF0 one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom