• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
They were handing out Eevees outside the Pokemon Center, the lady said they come from another region or something
Level 20 is pretty good actually for this parg of the game
And at the end I named him after another Nuzlocker
Pokechu Pokechu (male) Lv.20
Hasty nature.
Dec. 13, 2015
Hearthome City
Met at Lv. 20.

Loves to eat.
Likes sweet food.

Ability: Adaptability
Tackle/Helping Hand/Sand-Attack/Growl

Partner: single
z-zoro senpai

you really did love me! :^(
and the personality is exactly like me!

so um
Uhh, remember a little something; SMRPG WAS RELEASED 2 DECADES AGO.

If you can't even spell Paper Mario right, I can't trust you on anything. Also, you did this whole "toys make it more important thing" in our other argument on this. And they're releasing Paper Mario papercrafts to promote Paper Jam, so the merchandise argument is gone. And who cares? There's literally 3 games to mix Mario and Final Fantasy. It's not as important as you think.

Paper Mario isn't really even a spiritual successor. Mario and Luigi is. Paper Mario is a Mario RPG...with basically nothing else in common with SMRPG.

Now I'm not arguing about this because I'm going to a friends, bye, have fun in your own disbelief.
um ok

ngl i agree with everything you said

but spelling really does not matter, lol. I remember saying this before, but it's the Internet. There's so many shortenings like "lol", "tbh", "gg", "rofl", etc., but you still want to be a grammar natzi?

and I might be wrong about this but I don't think Geno Boost is a native English speaker, so there's also that.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

FROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

KOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

We WWEsports now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow, first a Lv.24 Haunter shows up and then he pulls Shadow Ball out of its ass and takes out 40HP(out of 75) from Swamp
Bite left it with red HP but he's faster
I can't switch to Frosty-senpai for obvious reasons(and he's also sleeping)
Remember when I said I was going to lose someone in this gym? I'm only fighting a trainer, send HALP
z-zoro senpai

you really did love me! :^(
and the personality is exactly like me!

so um

um ok

ngl i agree with everything you said

but spelling really does not matter, lol. I remember saying this before, but it's the Internet. There's so many shortenings like "lol", "tbh", "gg", "rofl", etc., but you still want to be a grammar natzi?

and I might be wrong about this but I don't think Geno Boost is a native English speaker, so there's also that.
Shh, it's okay
After Swamp and Frosty-senpai get murdered by this Haunter, I'll evolve you into a Leafon
I married Anna on my Awakening playthrough, you really know me well!

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Every time Andre pronounces "Melee" as "Muhlay"
Misread the intent of this since the pic didn't load, but yeah, technically it is the correct pronunciation, at least in French. I'm actually curious where the American "MAY-lay" originated.

D

Deleted member

Shadow Ball was leaving Swamp with 38HP after some heals, so I assumed he could survive with 1HP
How to say what the end result was?
Oh yeah

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, now my Bingo card is fixed. :p
Revised Bingo.png

The version I posted before accidentally merged with Swamp's middle row. :laugh:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait a minute, @Burb is part of the Premium crew now? Good lord, so many blue people

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Wow, first a Lv.24 Haunter shows up and then he pulls Shadow Ball out of its *** and takes out 40HP(out of 75) from Swamp
Bite left it with red HP but he's faster
I can't switch to Frosty-senpai for obvious reasons(and he's also sleeping)
Remember when I said I was going to lose someone in this gym? I'm only fighting a trainer, send HALP

Shh, it's okay
After Swamp and Frosty-senpai get murdered by this Haunter, I'll evolve you into a Leafon
I married Anna on my Awakening playthrough, you really know me well!
speaking of nuzlockes...
PARTY
NEW
Bedoop
Level 19

I-G-G-FLY
Level 17
NEW
Mega Bidon't
Level 17

ponycorn
Level 16

BOX

Roserbade
Level 3
NEW
H20
Level 10

Place: Eterna Forest
Deaths: 0

not gonna lie bidon't got himself almost killed like 10 times already but i need that water type so he's gon live

I married Henry on my file, and Morgan looks exactly like him sometimes like he's a clone and I love it
shoutout to OTP M!Morgan x Nah

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You should have made PushDustin the Salt space. After all he is the salt lord.
I edited mine. The middle row accidentally merged with Swamp's somehow. That was his free space image. :laugh:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Shadow Ball was leaving Swamp with 38HP after some heals, so I assumed he could survive with 1HP
How to say what the end result was?
Oh yeah
wat

ur starter

died?

ooooo gurl

@Swampasaur Zoroarking got you killed. You know who won't let you get killed? -wink wink- -wink-

-wink-

pls join my nuzlocke, I promise you won't die because I'll grind excessively

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
We're getting closer every minute.
The end is near so here have one of the best Final Destination themes out there.
Honestly Harmony of Heroes is Amazing,
The 15th is gonna be like a 10 day early Christmas.
This is something I really want to happen now. Just reading that brought tears to my eyes. And I started with the third game. That says something.

People spend too much time on these.
That was really, really good.
Like this actually went all out showed gameplay and even as far as to show a final smash and Kirby's hat.
Even though it's fake the Effort is something to be appreciated.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Do you speak French?

Because I do :)
I took two years in high school and a few semesters in college; I can't speak it or understand it spoken very well, but I can read it and could at one point write it reasonably well.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
So...

The final broadcast...

A) Do you think it means we have one more update?
B) Do you think it means this is the last news we will get?
1) I doubt this will be the last update. The New Content Approaching broadcast projected content for an update two months later. The ballot ended in October, so there wouldn't be enough time to develop any characters unless they were planned much earlier. We do no a placeholder was added in the October (Sept 31) update. Cloud was likely planned much earlier on, Im sure, due to licensing issues. That said, there probably wont be content release

2)Not necessarily. I expect there will be three more characters plus Cloud. This would make 8 DLC characters and would fit within the Wii U versions CSS. The update will at least tease any content not shown. Again, if a character was started in October, than they would not be ready by December of February. I believe its estimated that a character takes 6 months to complete, so April is the most likely. I expect that will be the last update and it will be teased during the presentation. The character would be announced in February.

I wouldn't expect too much more. 8 is the max that could reasonably happen, so 7 characters total is a safer bet. Better to err on the side of caution.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They posted another game thoery on FNAF

They discuss it "all being a dream" in it

D

Deleted member

speaking of nuzlockes...
PARTY
NEW
Bedoop
Level 19

I-G-G-FLY
Level 17
NEW
Mega Bidon't
Level 17

ponycorn
Level 16

BOX

Roserbade
Level 3
NEW
H20
Level 10

Place: Eterna Forest
Deaths: 0

not gonna lie bidon't got himself almost killed like 10 times already but i need that water type so he's gon live

I married Henry on my file, and Morgan looks exactly like him sometimes like he's a clone and I love it
shoutout to OTP M!Morgan x Nah
Henry is one of my favorite male characters
Male Morgan sucks though
Fem Morgan X Yarne for life
wat

ur starter

died?

ooooo gurl

@Swampasaur Zoroarking got you killed. You know who won't let you get killed? -wink wink- -wink-

-wink-

pls join my nuzlocke, I promise you won't die because I'll grind excessively
This is like the first time my starter died in a Nuzlocke(with the exception of my failed Y and Platinum Nuzlockes)
My first Y run had my Chesnaught through the entire game, my two incomplete White and Soul Silver runs had them until the point I stopped and in my complete White and White 2 runs I had my Serperior and Samurott until the end too
So this is kind of new to me
Now the oldest party member alive is Oni

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Henry is one of my favorite male characters
Male Morgan sucks though
Fem Morgan X Yarne for life

This is like the first time my starter died in a Nuzlocke(with the exception of my failed Y and Platinum Nuzlockes)
My first Y run had my Chesnaught through the entire game, my two incomplete White and Soul Silver runs had them until the point I stopped and in my complete White and White 2 runs I had my Serperior and Samurott until the end too
So this is kind of new to me
Now the oldest party member alive is Oni
o

gimme a list of all of your party members (and what Pokemon they are)

I only knew Swampy but he just died like 10 min ago lol

Last edited:

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Completely off-topic..but I just went to Gamestop to get the Bowser Wii remote as a gift for someone...
...and I managed to snag the last Ike and Little Mac amiibo they had in stock. Guy at the desk even told me they had no others so it was a nice haul.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Is there like a direct link to the stream or a place where I can access the stream without having to go through Google? I heard shiny quagsire is gonna try to datamine the patch, so I'm gonna be off the Smash sites on monday(plus finals, gotta study for those.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Completely off-topic..but I just went to Gamestop to get the Bowser Wii remote as a gift for someone...
...and I managed to snag the last Ike and Little Mac amiibo they had in stock. Guy at the desk even told me they had no others so it was a nice haul.
The US is in a really weird position right now regarding amiibo. We're living in a time where Little Mac and Ike not hard to find anymore, while Samus, Donkey Kong, and the entirety of the Kirby line are among the rarest.

No but seriously we really need those guys to be restocked, along with Robin and Lucina, the latter two of which have never gotten a USA restock despite pitiful first-run quantities.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The US is in a really weird position right now regarding amiibo. We're living in a time where Little Mac and Ike not hard to find anymore, while Samus, Donkey Kong, and the entirety of the Kirby line are among the rarest.

No but seriously we really need those guys to be restocked, along with Robin and Lucina, the latter two of which have never gotten a USA restock despite pitiful first-run quantities.
Meta Knight was always rare though

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238

Don't forget :rosalina:as a really rare one. I've never seen a restock, let alone ever see a physical one.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't forget :rosalina:as a really rare one. I've never seen a restock, let alone ever see a physical one.
Same, I'm glad I brought the original 12 to, before they got hard to find. It's weird how the stock is happening.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Gamexplain's new video, can anyone identify the 5th Lord on the cover?

I see Marth, Ike, Lucina and Sigurd, but I'm not sure if that last one is Roy or Eliwood.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
I gotta say, :rosalina:and :4tlink: are among my most wanted. This past summer, while in Canada, I was looking at the amiibo in Walmart...I could only afford one. they had 3 :4tlink: and only one:4sheik:....both of which I'd never seen around before. needless to say, I got the :4sheik: but I haven't seen a single :4tlink: since ;-;

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I remember I got my Ike amiibo for free, as I imported from the UK, and they messed up the initial shipping.

The surprising thing is that while I don't have a lot of amiibos, I do have some pretty rare ones, and I got them pretty easy too.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Oh yeah, I actually forgot to talk about the article yesterday :)

Basically, I have concluded that the article won't changes the chances of Paper Mario for ssb4 DLC because I came to the realisation that his chances were already boosted by relevancy.

Not only SS released between ssbb and ssb4, but a stage got included as well as a full repping of him and the ballot started some months before a game featuring him was announced. So basically, he only got so much because of his relevancy, but this makes him even more relevant (by extent paper jam, but I am really not sure it would help, maybe some votes in the ballot or something, or maybe if Sakurai knew of the game before, but even then, I doubt it would have change this much),

What I think this articles helps him is in the case of future games, he would possibly have more chances. First, paper jam here even if it is early, when you think about it, it is going to help because the game makes a paper mario game likely imo. And a paper mario game happening is directly making him even more relevant and I already said I have the firm belief that his series will continue to get more. Not to mention that just the fact he got a freaking stage, that already helps.

So, i am not going to change my expectation on him, , but, now i really don;t think isaac or kkr are happening, at all.

Which makes my expectations very confusing, I do think inklings has chances, but.........the problem is unless it;s third party, (and even then I am not sure if there would be other), I don;t have any idea of who has that amount of chances except paper mario which even then, I could argue he has less chances than inklings.....

Wolf to me is very dead and snake.....tbh I really don;t think is happening so vets to me are very hard to expect.

For third party....urgh, every choices I have I just don;t feel they are that likely. Even SK to me I just don;t feel it.

So the only one I really have a feel they have chances is inklings and Paper Mario, but again, that assumes that we get 2 characters, 3 is a possibility and for that possibility, idk any more.

Basically, I am even more unable to tell you who would be in. the only thing I can say is inklings could have a good chances followed by paper mario, but no character can be considered likely at all, there;s too much to consider.

The one thing I am very sure is isaac and kkr are very unlikely.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Speaking of Gamexplain's new video, can anyone identify the 5th Lord on the cover?

I see Marth, Ike, Lucina and Sigurd, but I'm not sure if that last one is Roy or Eliwood.
I'm pretty sure it's Eliwood.

Roy always looked more boy-ish before Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

o

gimme a list of all of your party members (and what Pokemon they are)

I only knew Swampy but he just died like 10 min ago lol
Party:
Oni333(Luxio Lv.25) and Sonomura(Buneary Lv.24)
Teh Anna(Geodude Lv.23) and Khoru(Shellos Lv.24)

Boxed:
bladzer(Silcoon Lv.14)
Real Irene(Meditite Lv.13)
Egg
Unikronium(Ponyta Lv.17)
Coricus(Onix Lv.20)
Megalon72(Ralts Lv.18)
Pokechu (Eevee Lv.20)

Dead:
Substitute(Starly Lv.3 - Lv.4)
Bedoop(Psyduck Lv.6 - Lv.7)
Bananija(Bidoof Lv.3 - Lv.13)
Opossum(Roselia Lv.5 - Lv.23)
Frostwaith(Gastly Lv.15 - Lv.22)
Swampasaur(Grotle Lv.5 - Lv. 25)
You and Megalon72 are gonna be a couple! :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh yeah, before I forget:

Day 3 of My Broadcast polls is here! To pass the time, for today, I figured I could start and interesting topic. Which is:

Do you think a clone/semi clone could be made as free DLC? And If so who?

http://strawpoll.me/6258662

While I don't think this option is super likely, I think it could be an interesting topic to discuss. So thoughts?

If it did happen, I don't know who could be Done, but I kind of want it to be Hades( Cause Sakurai bias and I think it be funny). Make him a semi clone of Ganondorf and he could be really fun.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Party:
Oni333(Luxio Lv.25) and Sonomura(Buneary Lv.24)
Teh Anna(Geodude Lv.23) and Khoru(Shellos Lv.24)

Boxed:
bladzer(Silcoon Lv.14)
Real Irene(Meditite Lv.13)
Egg
Unikronium(Ponyta Lv.17)
Coricus(Onix Lv.20)
Megalon72(Ralts Lv.18)
Pokechu (Eevee Lv.20)

Dead:
Substitute(Starly Lv.3 - Lv.4)
Bedoop(Psyduck Lv.6 - Lv.7)
Bananija(Bidoof Lv.3 - Lv.13)
Opossum(Roselia Lv.5 - Lv.23)
Frostwaith(Gastly Lv.15 - Lv.22)
Swampasaur(Grotle Lv.5 - Lv. 25)
You and Megalon72 are gonna be a couple! :p
Ohh, you're doing one of those Wedlockes, huh.. They always seemed kind of confusing imo because there's rarely any double battles :c

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Day 3 of My Broadcast polls is here! To pass the time, for today, I figured I could start and interesting topic. Which is:

While I don't think this option is super likely, I think it could be an interesting topic to discuss. So thoughts?

If it did happen, I don't know who could be Done, but I kind of want it to be Hades( Cause Sakurai bias and I think it be funny). Make him a semi clone of Ganondorf and he could be really fun.
No, because Roy and Lucas weren't free

People are mad about Ganondorf being a clone. So clone a clone. That would be the saltiest thing ever from KI complaining.

Also Dixie being a semi wouldn't be totally out of the question IMO. No idea about anyone else though.

EDIT wait free?

no

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

you know, the funny thing about this is, if you say made a clone an alt costume, everyone would love it. The second it was announced as a standalone character though the internet would complain about "mah slots" and waste of developer time lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom