• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Watch as everyone who supports a lesser character be disappointed if the muhrelevancy argument applies to every newcomer.

I've come to terms that my most wanted was always unlikely regardless of circumstances(the small boost of relevance it has had ever since June is practically nothing barring ridiculous luck), so I don't expect to be disappointed for more than 5 minutes if it doesn't eventually make it.

Chrono.

is it bad that i have no idea who is Ravio?
He's a recurring character from the Zelda game A Link Between Worlds. He sells you the items Link uses.

The biggest reason why he's kinda popular is
He's Lorule's version of Link

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The important question for Wolf is if he returns would they just recycle his Brawl voice or would they re-do it with his 64 British voice. Both are good but the British voice would not gel well with his more feral Brawl style. Unless you want to make Worgen jokes.

Chrono.

Move list looks fun. How about Ravio make it into Hyrule Warriors first?
Unfortunately I feel that ship has sailed. (him and The Triforce Heroes were my most wanted)

A character who only fights with traditional Zelda items without using a sword or shield would've been neat.

Chrono.

i really hope this doesnt become a skin for Cloud it will be like a hard slap in the face...
1. that looks ugly

2. why in the world would they reference Geno when they got a plethora of FF characters they could use?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Speaking of FF7 what Mii costumes could there be?

Sephiroth Swordfighter, Tifa Brawler and Barret Gunner?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Come on, that thing has like 5 FREE spots on it.
Most of the other bingo cards posted in this thread would be lucky to get half a row filled in.

If you're gonna play, you might as well go with the one you have a chance of winning in. :awesome:

Speaking of FF7 what Mii costumes could there be?

Sephiroth Swordfighter, Tifa Brawler and Barret Gunner?
Considering Street Fighter didn't get any (unless you want to take a massive leap and say the Virtua Fighter ones and Heihachi count), I'm thinking we'll be getting ones based on Square or FF as a whole (like the Chocobo hat).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Considering Street Fighter didn't get any (unless you want to take a massive leap and say the Virtua Fighter ones and Heihachi count), I'm thinking we'll be getting ones based on Square or FF as a whole (like the Chocobo hat).
Calling it now: We're getting a Gunner Geno costume.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
i really hope this doesnt become a skin for Cloud it will be like a hard slap in the face...
You should take what you can get at this point.

Not that I think this has any possibility of happening whatsoever, seeing as how the Fire Emblem characters and Shulk all have alternate colors based on other party members/characters from their series.

Calling it now: We're getting a Gunner Geno costume.
I actually mentioned this a while back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm still waiting for Miss Cloud costume but I know deep inside that it ain't happening

Burb

The Absolute Worst
People are like "UGH THIS IS SUCH A SLAP IN THE FACE IF THEY GET A COSTUME" "UGH REALLY? AN ALT"

Say that to the K. Rool and Inkling supporters
Considering how new it is, I think Inkling supporters should be happy they at least got a costume. And you can at least get them to look accurate enough. Mii bodies are similar in shape to Inklings, and it's easy to recreate their faces.

K. Rool got the short end of the stick since there's not really any good way to make the costume actually look like anything but a guy in a mascot suit, but I think it serves them right for being so overconfident.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
In regard to Geno, it's actually possible to make a reasonably convincing copy of him as a Mii Gunner. Get a Mii with his face (There are some good premade ones out there to download), adjust the eyes to fit in the right spot... then add a Wizard Hat and Mage Robe. It looks pretty close.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Considering how new it is, I think Inkling supporters should be happy they at least got a costume. And you can at least get them to look accurate enough. Mii bodies are similar in shape to Inklings, and it's easy to recreate their faces.

K. Rool got the short end of the stick since there's not really any good way to make the costume actually look like anything but a guy in a mascot suit, but I think it serves them right for being so overconfident.
Not my point. My point is is that Sakurai doesn't mind if a few fans think it's a "slap in the face". You get what you get.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
2. why in the world would they reference Geno when they got a plethora of FF characters they could use?
You're talking to a guy who thinks Geno is this huge, important part of not only the Mario series, but Nintendo's history as a whole.

This guy wouldn't even consider the possibility of a character from one of Square's franchises getting picked over Geno before it actually ended up happening. And he still seems to think it's just a gateway for Geno.

Not my point. My point is is that Sakurai doesn't mind if a few fans think it's a "slap in the face". You get what you get.
I know what you meant.

I'm just saying I think it's stupid to be mad about that, regardless. I'm pretty sure most K. Rool and Inkling supporters still think they have a good shot, too, so....

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
In regard to Geno, it's actually possible to make a reasonably convincing copy of him as a Mii Gunner. Get a Mii with his face (There are some good premade ones out there to download), adjust the eyes to fit in the right spot... then add a Wizard Hat and Mage Robe. It looks pretty close.
:dizzy: yuck this face is just...

You're talking to a guy who thinks Geno is this huge, important part of not only the Mario series, but Nintendo's history as a whole.
no, i was talking about SMRPG itself i didnt go that far away.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
:dizzy: yuck this face is just...

I'm struggling to see a major difference, here. The face basically looks the same.

It's creepy, yeah, but Geno himself isn't exactly an attractive character, either.

If the eyes were red and the lines near the eyes and mouth extended all the way down his face, it would be pretty much perfect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They were handing out Eevees outside the Pokemon Center, the lady said they come from another region or something
Level 20 is pretty good actually for this parg of the game
And at the end I named him after another Nuzlocker
@Pokechu (male) Lv.20
Hasty nature.
Dec. 13, 2015
Hearthome City
Met at Lv. 20.

Loves to eat.
Likes sweet food.

Ability: Adaptability
Tackle/Helping Hand/Sand-Attack/Growl

Partner: single

Chrono.

Sonic Free Riders for Steam supposedly got ""leaked""

The ""evidence"" being... this
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
There are a few other Geno Miis out there if that face doesn't work for you. I won't go to the trouble of digging them up, but they're easily found with a few Google searches, QR codes included, and one of them made a passable Geno for me. Good enough that I was willing to accept it as 'Geno is playable in Smash'.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Come to think of it, as much as some people acted like it was a big revelation, recent prominence was a factor we already knew was major as Sakurai already stated that characters from franchises without an upcoming game had a major disadvantage.
Sure, Sakurai already cited "relevancy" as a considerable factor in regards to a fighter's inclusion, but keep in mind something that still make this recent announcement relatively important.

An argument I've seen used frequently is "lack of precedence" for DLC. Meaning, there were still people unsure of whether or not Sakurai would still apply the same rules he did in the base game as he would for DLC. Most, I believe, assumed Sakurai would, but that there could be elbow room this time around by giving certain characters a chance they otherwise wouldn't have had in the base game. I've seen this used from time to time to even the playing field for the likes of K. Rool and Isaac, who are basically dead in the water right now in terms of doing anything in their own series.

The fact that Sakurai reiterated his position right before the final Smash presentation only cements this further. It's not an earth-shattering revelation or anything, but at least it officially confirms an important rule from the base game still applies to DLC.

@False Sense Hey, it's good to see you around in this thread, even if the speculation period is finally drawing to a close (since I assume there'll be an exodus from these threads when this is all said and done).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom