• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
idk but Sakurai can do something like that if he wants to, maybe Cloud other skins will refrence other Square-enix characters :shaker:
If they did do something like that, they'd probably use more well-known SE characters for alts.

Chrono.

How would you play Free Riders on Steam? Wasn't that using the Kinect?
Yeah, but I imagine they can just re map the controls to an actual controller.

Shouldn't be too hard seeing as Lost World got in the despite using the Gamepad (though that was an actual controller /shrug).

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I just wanted to remind you Paper Mario is more important then SMRPG to Nintendo's history

For real though, you do this too much. Geno is not even close to being important to Mario.
nah Nintendo did care about SMRPG than they did to Mario paper if you saw how much things they released to advertise the game (like toys for example) also this was the first game to mix Final fantasy and Mario in one game, Mario paper is just a spirtual succsesor just like the Mario & luigi RPG seires Nintendo didnt really care that much about those games as much as SMRPG when it was first shown.

in SMRPG he was.

I'm struggling to see a major difference, here. The face basically looks the same.

It's creepy, yeah, but Geno himself isn't exactly an attractive character, either.
welp i found a better one.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Please, don't start another pointless Geno discussion, just wait for the broadcast and you will see if Geno is really important or not.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
nah Nintendo did care about SMRPG than they did to Mario paper if you saw how much things they released to advertise the game (like toys for example) also this was the first game to mix Final fantasy and Mario in one game, Mario paper is just a spirtual succsesor just like the Mario & luigi RPG seires Nintendo didnt really care that much about those games as much as SMRPG when it was first shown.

in SMRPG he was.

no...Nintendo defintely cares more about the mario & luigi series way more than they ever did SMRPG...Same goes for paper mario.Your really up playing the importance of super mario rpg

Ivander

Smash Legend
So when playing Nintendo Badge Arcade today, one badge actually fell off the stage by itself and I obtained it without even touching the crane moving button. Pretty crazy I must say.
Yeah, there are times when badges will fall off the stages on their own. Other times, you just have to hit them for them to fall off.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord
I couldn't stop myself from making a Bingo card for the upcoming Direct. Tried to fill it with stuff that's not too far out there. What do you think, will I get one?

Explanation below:
Nothing related to PM is shown: I've seen a ton of people assume Project M shut down because Nintendo has been working on things the PMDT had been working on as well (such as Isaac). I doubt we'll see Isaac, Sami, Knuckles or any of the stages the put back in.
Roster organized: more of a hope than anything else, but if it's really the final DLC I hope they'll tidy things up a bit.
Less than 30 minutes: No explanation necessary.
Gold version with all DLC: if it is indeed the final DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd launch a version where all DLC is preinstalled against a discounted price.
Two more after Cloud: some people say they expect Smash DLC to go out with a bang and expect a ton of characters. I'm gonna go safe with the datamined amount.

Wolf returns: due to fan demand.
Smashboards and official website melt: to b fair, this could have been the free space.
Cl-out now: Cloud up for download right after the Direct.
A new stage (not Midgar): as an addendum: unrelated to new third party characters. So far, we've only seen Miiverse and Super Mario Maker as new stages that aren't connected to new third parties. I assume we'll see one more.
No first party newcomers: I think I recall Sakurai saying something about scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to first parties. Based on this, I think we'll only see third parties that get a ton more hype :(

Yet another Photo contest: Smash has been doing this a lot, putting out photo contests to, somewhat artificially, keep people posting about Smash.
More FF7 Mii costumes: it's Smash x FF7. There's no chance it'll just be Cloud & Chocobo.
Free space: -
This is it, no more DLC:
more or less assumed because of the way they have announced this direct, but I think they'll outright say it's the final bit of DLC.
Directly to you: some kind of final nod to Iwata.

Another 64 stage: most of the returning stages have been from 64. I'm guessing Yoshi 64 will get announced.
Only 1 ballot 'winner': I'm thinking they'll only reference the ballot when talking about one character.
For Glory with friends: currently, you can only Team Battle with stranges. How cool would it be to go online with ya buddies?
Fan favorite confirmed as Mii costume: I'm looking at Isaac, mostly.
A new game mode: no clue what it could be, perhaps one of the modes that has been scrapped since Brawl or Melee.

New amiibo release dates: new characters = new amiibo, new dates to announce. I'm sure they'll be a bit about amiibo.
Sakurai appears: according to my brother, this is obvious, but in the Direct with Xander (50 fact extravaganza) he didn't appear, IIRC.
More stages get crossed over: like Duck Hunt, I think we'll see more versions transfer versions. I'm holding out for Brawl Yoshi's.
Another third party: I pretty much explained this one before.
More 8-player Smash stages: recently, a video popped up where some stages were hacked to play with 8 players. While most stages reused spawn points, there were a few (like Pirate Ship), that had 8 different spawn points. I wouldn't be surprised to see more stages added.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

in SMRPG he was.

Uhh, remember a little something; SMRPG WAS RELEASED 2 DECADES AGO.

If you can't even spell Paper Mario right, I can't trust you on anything. Also, you did this whole "toys make it more important thing" in our other argument on this. And they're releasing Paper Mario papercrafts to promote Paper Jam, so the merchandise argument is gone. And who cares? There's literally 3 games to mix Mario and Final Fantasy. It's not as important as you think.

Paper Mario isn't really even a spiritual successor. Mario and Luigi is. Paper Mario is a Mario RPG...with basically nothing else in common with SMRPG.

Now I'm not arguing about this because I'm going to a friends, bye, have fun in your own disbelief.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
You know jokes aside, I think it's time I ask this question since the final smash-focused presentation is nearing. Do you feel content with what Smash 4 has brought towards the community? And do you ever wonder if this would be Sakurai's final smash game? Who would be able to carry that big of a torch without assistance? And whether or not Namco Bandai truly brought out their best in emulating HAL laboratories method of development?

Anybody here been questioning this?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You know jokes aside, I think it's time I ask this question since the final smash-focused is nearing. Do you feel content with what Smash 4 has brought towards the community? And do you ever wonder if this would be Sakurai's final smash game? Who would be able to carry that big of a torch without assistance? And whether or not Namco Bandai truly brought out their best in emulating HAL laboratories method of development?

Anybody here been questioning this?
This won't be Sakurai's final Smash game, most likely. It could be because of his arm though.

Nobody knows who could carry that church. I feel that Smash 4 has the best content of the series so far (except Subspace Emissary...miss that.) and it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Nothing to say on the HAL Labs thing. Not sure I know what it means.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If Geno got any sort of appearance in this game, it would be as a Mii costume at best. Wasting a palette swap on Cloud is pointless considering the wealth of party members(and Sephiroth) that could be adapted for his alts, like Shulk.

Last edited:

Mr.X98

Smash Journeyman
This won't be Sakurai's final Smash game, most likely. It could be because of his arm though.

Nobody knows who could carry that church. I feel that Smash 4 has the best content of the series so far (except Subspace Emissary...miss that.) and it's one of my favorite games of all time.

Nothing to say on the HAL Labs thing. Not sure I know what it means.
I could definitely see Sakurai at least assist in in someway.

And what I meant by HAL laboratory and Namco Bandai's emulation of it is whether or not smash 4 feels more of a successor to melee or brawl.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I was playing badge arcade today and came across this:
WIN_20151213_12_22_49_Pro.jpg
( click for bigger image)

I wonder if Nintendo plans to do something like this? An RPG could be pretty cool.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Masahiro Sakurai said:
If I had to offer up one exception from this time, it would be for Pokémon. We knew there was going to be a new release soon, so we left one spot open for a new Pokémon, and everything else continued according to plan.
So Greninja wasn't an immediate addition.
There was just a slot left over for "Pokemon X/Y".
Something-Something "muh Gematsu", yadda yadda, gimme some straws.
...Nah, I'm just jestin'. :4dedede:
Although this is more interesting considering the Koopa Clown Car was the last character finished.
Having a Character set in stone from the front being almost scrapped while the somewhat-late editions (Pokemon X/Y and Fire Emblem: Awakening) got done quickly, with Greninja being a fair portion done in a little more than 1 Night by Sakurai himself (Goes to show you how much he loves what he does)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So yeah, Nintendo seems to be planning another game that uses badges. After I talked to the rabbit and chose that I thought an RPG game with badges would be cool, he commented on how I like Role playing games, and while this was a crazy idea of his, he would give my feedback to his boss.

So that should be interesting to see where they go with that.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I made Swamp a Bingo card...he'll probably share it here once he gets on. :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I guess now is a good time to duck out on the internet.

Though I'm imagining that when the files are mined they read something like "char/="nice_try" and char/="Ridley_haha_no"

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Maintenance for 10 hours starting at 1 AM in my time zone. The Direct is only on Tuesday at 10 PM in my time zone...

It's more than enough time for data miners to leak stuff.

D

Deleted member

Nuzlocke stuff if anyone cares
I somehow got dragged into the Pokemon Contest
I really don't know why I participated in it
But I got a Cool ribbon for Sonomura if that even matters
At least I got some TMs to teach and a Vs. Seeker to abuse
I taught Sonomura Secret Power, so she finally has a good STAB

And Oni got Attract
My headcanon is that he's a womanizer combined with Even the Guys Want Him
His ability is even Rivalry.
Too bad this is a Wedlocke and he is currently married(for the second time)
I need to make headcanons for the rest of the party :p

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looks like Melee is against Undertale now in Gamefaqs.
Melee may extremely nostalgic, but I still prefer Undertale over Melee.

Two of the biggest games I love pitting against each other.

Chrono.

Melee could be the darkhorse and take the whole poll.

Since everyone was either expecting a Classic Game (OoT, FF7, SM64) and the others just want Undertale to win.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
GameXplain did a video on the Sourcegaming article:
ifonly they'd do that more often

Burb

The Absolute Worst
GameXplain did a video on the Sourcegaming article:
ifonly they'd do that more often
Every time Andre pronounces "Melee" as "Muhlay"

That aside, yes, I really wish they'd cover more stuff like this instead of stupid rumors that end up generating false hype and wasting everyone's time.

There was a time when Geno wasn't the butt of jokes. Not anymore.
Yeah, pre-Brawl and for a year or two after its release. He's been a joke for ages now, though.

There's still some diehards left, but I think most people look back at that and think it was dumb.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom