• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Say what you will about Smash Ganondorf, but Sakurai made a really good choice in adding the classic Ganon scheme, with the blue skin and red cape.

Because HW kinda has classic Ganon already.
And HW was too busy giving the default Ganondorf design his washed out TP colors for some reason.
Well, Phantom Ganon appears in HW and Ganondorf still has that color scheme, so I don't think one thing stops another.

Ganondorf also has a Demise color scheme and The Imprisoned (AKA Demise) also appears.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
the smash direct announcement and the new Hyrule Warriors scans have me so hype. I love everything going on today.
...if only I didn't have a final exam in 4 hours :(

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
You know... the final presentation.... where my dreams that are suffering since Cloud reveal will finally die.
Hype for Darth Vader, Mickey and other third party unexpected choices.
And I really think Sheik will be hard nerfed for me become even more upset.

At least maybe the game will stop with this damn updates \o /

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Since we're talking costumes, I'm gonna list the ones I'd like. Some of these are realistic since they are well known and iconic to the character, others are a bit obscure. I do agree it's a crime they haven't milked this game for costume DLC for the characters though.

Black Tie Sonic from the Sonic Rivals games.

Ms. Pac-Man

Meowser from Super Mario 3D World

Fire Peach and Fire Rosalina from Super Mario 3D World (not gonna happen since we technically have the colours but it would be so easy to add the ponytails)

Kingdom Hearts Cloud

Helmetless Captain Falcon

Star Fox Assault outfits for Fox and Falco

Cosmic Spirit Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy 2 (this is the one I am most frustrated isn't in the game. It's such an obvious choice and the texture for it is ON ROSALINA'S MODEL, animated and everything)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Lol, they told us it was the final presentation in the last Direct :p

Speculation will still a bit to die down. If they dont confirm that this is the true final wave of DLC, well.....

As usual, keeping my expectations in check and Ill be keeping myself busy with Finals (Thank crust it fell on a Tuesday, I dont have school that day.)
I hope to God they confirm it being the end of DLC.

I just finished finals yesterday! :D

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Cosmic Spirit Rosalina from Super Mario Galaxy 2 (this is the one I am most frustrated isn't in the game. It's such an obvious choice and the texture for it is ON ROSALINA'S MODEL, animated and everything)

[/spoiler]
I always thought having the Cosmic Guide selectable as a Luma-less Rosalina option would have been interesting...although ultimately an alt is a better choice.

Most popular weapon in Splatoon is the Splattershot Jr
Damn straight.
OG weapon respect.

They should really add some reskins of the Splattershot Jr. so people who don't like the way it looks (i.e. me) can be content.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Since we're talking costumes, I'm gonna list the ones I'd like. Some of these are realistic since they are well known and iconic to the character, others are a bit obscure. I do agree it's a crime they haven't milked this game for costume DLC for the characters though.

Black Tie Sonic from the Sonic Rivals games.

Ms. Pac-Man

Meowser from Super Mario 3D World

Fire Peach and Fire Rosalina from Super Mario 3D World (not gonna happen since we technically have the colours but it would be so easy to add the ponytails)

Kingdom Hearts Cloud

Helmetless Captain Falcon

Star Fox Assault outfits for Fox and Falco

I'm so happy I'm not alone on the cosmic spirit costume.

Chrono.

You know... the final presentation.... where my dreams that are suffering since Cloud reveal will finally die.

You are kinda being over dramatic here.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I always thought having the Cosmic Guide selectable as a Luma-less Rosalina option would have been interesting...although ultimately an alt is a better choice.

Damn straight.
OG weapon respect.

They should really add some reskins of the Splattershot Jr. so people who don't like the way it looks (i.e. me) can be content.
The thing is she would probably have to be a clone then since it's technically different coding for the character to make that happen and considering how the Smash fanbase feels about clones, AND about Rosalina, I don't see that going over well.

I'm so happy I'm not alone on the cosmic spirit costume.
Every Rosalina fan or even just Mario Galaxy fan I know thinks that should be an alt for her.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With this possibly being the last wave of DLC, what do you think would be the most Sakurai-like way to finish this all off?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So... how long do you think this presentation will be?
Not long enough.
The thing is she would probably have to be a clone then since it's technically different coding for the character to make that happen and considering how the Smash fanbase feels about clones, AND about Rosalina, I don't see that going over well.
That's what I meant.
I also do not care at all what the Smash fanbase thinks. :D

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Urg waiting a week for this direct is gonna be rough

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
You are kinda being over dramatic here.
I know... But Cloud really hitted me hard.
Not because is Cloud but because, why Cloud ? I'm still surprised with it.
I had friends with me, we were so hyped and we really found the entire Direct so boring.... Think about a happy moment fading.... Then the space, and I said "At least Wolf is cool ..."
I and my 2 friends not even leave to drink as we said we would after the presentation.
So yeah, I'm really being over dramatic, but I can't help it.And Smash have a roster so big anything new is kind of bonus already, so I agree I should not be upset over character choices, but my hype is gone.
I think DK and Diddy will be all DK representation forever...And the only Nintendo character that have any possibility by now is Inkiling.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-12-9_11-6-16.png

Y'know, if those thin lines weren't so thin I totally would've mistaken the Mario Series' icon with
upload_2015-12-9_11-7-55.png

Honestly creeped me out first time glancing at it

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
GameXplain covered the Mercedes Benz costume in Mario Maker before the Smash Bros presentation date.

lol

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Why must you do this Nintendo.
You announced the broadcast a week in advance...
Now every day from today to next Tuesday will slow to a crawl D:
To make sure we clear our schedules. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Since this is the last broadcast, I expect it to be between E3 2015 and Smash April Direct/50-fact Extravaganza in terms of new content
Ok, some predictions
  • At least one new non-fighter related stage ala Mario Maker
  • Mii Costumes, probably at least 3 for each class plus obligatory Smash themed costume for all of them
  • Costumes include FF characters and classes, some more Mega Man stuff and hopefully something else from SE
  • Cloud and co. get released on the next day
  • At least 2 new characters, either 1st or 3rd party it really doesn't matter my dreams are alrwady dead anyways
  • None of the new characters are vets(duh) nor are they one of the "most popular" ones and everyone gets salty
  • All characters get special extra costumes with model changes making all characters in total have 9 costunes each(and 17 for a certain someone)
  • Costumes are the literal embodiment of fans' hopes and dreams and are totally fanservice(in both ways of the word)
  • Builder Mario, Mr. L, Sports Peach, Dry Bowser, Sports Rosalina, Baby Bowser, Punch-Out!DK, 3D Mr. Game and Watch, Zelda Dress!Link, OoT!Zelda, HW!Ganon, Zelda Dress!Toon Link, actual Dark Samus, Pit in a swimsuit, Palutena in a swimsuit, Brawl!Ike, Grandmaster Robin(actually two tho), Armored DDD, Galacta Knight, Shiny Pikachu, Shiny Charizard, Ash Greninja, Spoiler!Shulk, Great Lord Lucina, Dark Pit in a swimsuit, Ms. Pac-Man, Armored Mewtwo, Awakening!Roy, Bearded Ryu and most importantly, Miss Cloud

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Since this is the last broadcast, I expect it to be between E3 2015 and Smash April Direct/50-fact Extravaganza in terms of new content
Ok, some predictions
  • At least one new non-fighter related stage ala Mario Maker
  • Mii Costumes, probably at least 3 for each class plus obligatory Smash themed costume for all of them
  • Costumes include FF characters and classes, some more Mega Man stuff and hopefully something else from SE
  • Cloud and co. get released on the next day
  • At least 2 new characters, either 1st or 3rd party it really doesn't matter my dreams are alrwady dead anyways
  • None of the new characters are vets(duh) nor are they one of the "most popular" ones and everyone gets salty
  • All characters get special extra costumes with model changes making all characters in total have 9 costunes each(and 17 for a certain someone)
  • Costumes are the literal embodiment of fans' hopes and dreams and are totally fanservice(in both ways of the word)
  • Builder Mario, Mr. L, Sports Peach, Dry Bowser, Sports Rosalina, Baby Bowser, Punch-Out!DK, 3D Mr. Game and Watch, Zelda Dress!Link, OoT!Zelda, HW!Ganon, Zelda Dress!Toon Link, actual Dark Samus, Pit in a swimsuit, Palutena in a swimsuit, Brawl!Ike, Grandmaster Robin(actually two tho), Armored DDD, Galacta Knight, Shiny Pikachu, Shiny Charizard, Ash Greninja, Spoiler!Shulk, Great Lord Lucina, Dark Pit in a swimsuit, Ms. Pac-Man, Armored Mewtwo, Awakening!Roy, Bearded Ryu and most importantly, Miss Cloud
For one, it'd be 18 for a certain someone, one for Wireframe and 1 for Skin
Secondly
Koopa Kid (Baby Bowser)
You have my attention

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
December 15th, huh? Guess Luke Skywalker guy was right (kinda).

Not gonna bother making predictions, because Cloud has pretty much ruined any chances I have of being a psychic. I'm prepared for the chaos, though.

rayman plz sakurai

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So we know Cloud is coming. I think most of you think more characters are coming too, right? How many more do you guys think are coming?

And who?

Last edited:
It is really nice having my last final on the 14th. Hopefully I dont miss the direct on the way home from college though. ..

Also a Mercedes Benz got in Mario Maker before Daisy. Just saying

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So we know Cloud is coming. I think most of you think more characters are coming too, right? How many more do you guys think are coming?

And who?
I think 3 more characters are going to be confirmed.
Of them:

- Shovel Knight
- Banjo & Kazooie
- Inkling
- Wolf

I think the 3 will be selected from this group of characters.
I am actually the most confident in Banjo and Wolf right now.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What does Push think about the last broadcast?
Or you?

Do you think it will be the end of Smash DLC or that it's just the last Smash only Direct?

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Inkling is very likely at this point, probably the best bet for a first party newcomer. Smash DLC already makes a lot of bank but Inklings would be like owning a money tree meadow.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Inb4 everything's available at once, with one final balance patch that nerfs the heck out of Mario. RIP me.

Also, Mercedes-Benz in Mario Maker. Wat. At least the advertisement in a racing game made some degree of sense.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
hype. or something

Hmmmm. . . this one is also red and black. . .but Ryu is already in. That can only mean one thing.
I know, all 48 people who bought the game would be super hyped.

:awesome:

You do know that Cloud is a video game character, right.....?

These comparisons you're drawing him to are completely absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom