• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
The Yokai Watch Just Dance spinoff bombed in Japan

Just 7,060 sales. It only had 10 songs while the game was full price, its easy to see why it failed.
10 songs? Wow, that's bad. At least another 10 or 15 would have been fine. Guess it's obvious why it did bad.

I don't see that anyone posted this, so I feel like this would be interesting to show.

http://www.gamesradar.com/phil-spencer-would-be-happy-see-nintendo-games-xbox-one/

So it seems Phil Spencer is completely fine with negotiating with Nintendo. I guess they also did so before on Golden Eye? If Nintendo seems to be fine with this, do you guys think we'll see further team ups between the two?

Besides the obvious one people would bring up, I wonder if Microsoft would be fine with having Banjo Kazooie on the virtual console. That would be pretty cool to see.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
the way i see it nintendo merging with a competitor is more likely than nintendo becoming 3rd party
but i doubt it would happen any time soon...or distant for that matter

anyway i can totally see rare games getting put on wiiu in some sort of deal i mean as stated earlier that almost happened once before

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I don't know if anyone could do this or not, but could someone possible identify the subreddit that the censored message about PM was in? With that in mind, we could potentially be able to track down who said what and where the thread's located.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
the way i see it nintendo merging with a competitor is more likely than nintendo becoming 3rd party
but i doubt it would happen any time soon...or distant for that matter

anyway i can totally see rare games getting put on wiiu in some sort of deal i mean as stated earlier that almost happened once before
The way I see these you listed happening,is the day pigs fly,Phil Spencer is just playing the "good gamer" here for the hundred time.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Yokai Watch Just Dance spinoff bombed in Japan

Just 7,060 sales. It only had 10 songs while the game was full price, its easy to see why it failed.
People may hate Ground Zeroes, but at least that game wasn't full price.

A mere 10 songs at full price sounds like a typical piece of overpriced shovelware you'd find on Steam Early Access.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Eh.. I thought lots of people would be interested in buying that type of spinoff for YW, especially with the songs.

Guess I was wrong. Hope you guys like you personal victories in the inside. :smirk:

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The final Smash Bros. presentation is airing on December 15th!
The link is already up:
http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/12-15-2015/

EDIT: NINJA'D TWICE BUT I POSTED THE DIRECT LINK DAMMIT
1 5 T H B O Y S
If you ain't doing your usual MM countdown, it ain't legit.

Also it said final presentation as in this will be the last wave of DLC so I'm saying this now guys, don't think we're getting anything else after this.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So. I know what that Neogaf guy said about Cloud when he hinted about him, but remind me, did he say anything else for this Presentation other than the date?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
16th in Japan, so I guess that Neogaf guy was right after all.
Well, he said that it was the 16th in US time when replying to epicmartin7 epicmartin7 on NeoGAF (correct me if I'm wrong dude) so slightly off.
However, it seemed to be a backhanded comment and it's a single number off. So it doesn't matter.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
At last! We have a date! I'm going to be able to rest so much easier now. 15th is fine by me.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Source Gaming will be hosting a pre-party and after party. Details will come soon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
OK everyone
Quick, scan the image for non-existent clues on the character we're getting in this direct!
After all, the last one had red and black stripes and then we got Ryu.
kappa.png

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Probably first week, as those figures are usually reported.

And wow, charging full price for 10 songs? I mean, yeah, Yokai Watch is popular, but they're getting ahead of themselves.

:231:
To be fair, I think it was about 40 U.S. dollars, which in my opinion is slightly overpriced, but still worth it.

Wouldn't classify it as full-priced.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Unsurprisingly not the 16th. Unfortunately, I'm busy from 5-7ish ET, so I can't watch it live. Not going to watch it on my phone if I can help it, though, given that I was spoiled on Lucas and Cloud by texts / Facebook. I may shut my phone off entirely this time...

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It's late in the night and I don't have a rest on the next day, so I'll be staying up.

Starts at 3:30 AM for me.

:231:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Well, he said that it was the 16th in US time when replying to epicmartin7 epicmartin7 on NeoGAF (correct me if I'm wrong dude) so slightly off.
However, it seemed to be a backhanded comment and it's a single number off. So it doesn't matter.
Oh. Well, that does matter in my opinion.

"Single number off" isn't much of an accomplishment when people have been predicting every date possible. Tuesday is a rare presentation date, so if he'd gotten that right I'd give more credence to this, but Wednesday is pretty common so it feels more like a guess now.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
or perhaps it's "final" as in Sakurai will be announcing his retirement :088:

or maybe "final" as in all they'll talk about is Cloud and Cloud related things. :114:

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
or perhaps it's "final" as in Sakurai will be announcing his retirement :088:
I wouldn't be surprised if he did in all honesty.

I do sincerely think there is a good chance this will be his last Smash game where he is directly involved.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Oh. Well, that does matter in my opinion.

"Single number off" isn't much of an accomplishment when people have been predicting every date possible. Tuesday is a rare presentation date, so if he'd gotten that right I'd give more credence to this, but Wednesday is pretty common so it feels more like a guess now.
This is the guy who leaked him beforehand is it not?
Besides, I honestly thought Tuesday was a common date for a presentation and I found it weird we were getting it on Wednesday.

And to be fair, I think he said that Cloud would be released on the 16th, not the presentation. That could still happen.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Look at me, I got a prediction right.

I theorized the presentation would be either on a Tuesday or Thursday because both were common weekdays for Directs. I got one of them.

:D

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also by par of tradition, everything is gonna get leaked the day before.:4diddy:

So someone let @shinyquagsire23 @RandomTBush and TCRF not to datamine or leak anything if we get an update before the last wave

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
December 15th? One week from now, then. Well, I'll be looking forward to it.

Seems they're emphasizing the fact it's the final presentation. Could this truly be the last DLC wave?

It will be at 10 PM in my timezone, meaning I can watch it live! Can't wait.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think the last DLC wave will release with the Direct, but I think they will go over all they have left, which will be released in the coming months.

Remember, not everything in the Ryu Direct released on that day.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm very interested in seeing how the Ballot will be referenced. I have a feeling it'll just be a case of "this character was selected from the fighter ballot" kind of deal. Still looking forward to finding out.

Samurai, please make my dream come true.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
For the record, the guy on Neogaf said he would be released that day. Not the broadcast, if I'm remembering correctly. He could still be right.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
For the record, the guy on Neogaf said he would be released that day. Not the broadcast, if I'm remembering correctly. He could still be right.
Could be a similar deal as the E3 presentation, in which the content is released right after the presentation.

It's December 16th for Japan, after all.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
This is the guy who leaked him beforehand is it not?
Besides, I honestly thought Tuesday was a common date for a presentation and I found it weird we were getting it on Wednesday.

And to be fair, I think he said that Cloud would be released on the 16th, not the presentation. That could still happen.
He hinted at Cloud mere minutes before the Direct (calling him "Luke Skywalker"). Which, as I've said before, is hardly evidence of him having any kind of long-term knowledge.

Anyway, I found epicmartin's post:
So... I got in contact with the guy. Here's what he had to say.
So he was only "assuming" 16th US time, but in either case I don't think this means much. I just hope he doesn't say anything else about it, real or not. Though for the time being he seems to be saying that he already posted everything he knew, anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Super duper late replies
The way I see it, if the video contains swearing, put a warning. If the swear's in the thumbnail a la an Etika video, just put the link. If the video is just a big load of swears, also just put the link and put a warning.
Okay then
Everyone knows about those "prank" videos, right? Well, Mega64 did a video on that and I thought this needed to be seen
Warning: big load of swears
https://youtu.be/UxAAgUQuP4M
Sadly, I think a big part of Undertale's appeal - its ability to surprise you by breaking norms - was lost to its own popularity and hype. Everybody talks about it, everybody knows what it's about... it's one of those games where even a little bit of spoiling can completely ruin the experience.

Undertale hit me hard in a place that games hadn't hit in a long, long time - and I'm talking about the demo. I downloaded that sucker on a whim, based on nothing but some screenshots of the pixel art opening that I thought looked cool. I had no idea what this game was or why I should care.

And then I met Flowey.

That game bit hard and didn't let go. And then I replayed it, again and again, seeing all the detail put into it - an hour long demo, yet I'd played through it at least 8 separate times to see it all.

Unfortunately, now that the game's out and everybody talks about it openly and everybody's seen everything, that experience of seeing it and being surprised for the first time is reserved only for the lucky few who got to play it first. It isn't surprising that fans who found it later don't see it as anything special - the novelty has already been ruined for them. It has little else to offer if you know what to expect.
This is how I feel about a lot of classic games and the such
I went into Chrono Trigger blind only knowing it was great and about time travel and it was an experience I'll never forget

Q: Why don't we see maces and axes that much in high medieval / renaissance warfare / art / manuals where armor is prevalent?
A: Take a longsword and hold it the other way around. Congratulations, you now have a mace. Called half-swording btw
Swords are better overall though
Slashing and stabing have more use than bashing with maces or hammers
They also require significant more strenght to wield
Besides, shields can be weapons and defend you, so you have a Sword+Shield means slashing(easier to hit and potentially incapacitate arms and legs), stabing(no matter what is told, historically, stabing has always been more efficient) and bashing(shields are heavy and big, meaning you easily daze someone with it)
Well now.
2PM PT and 5PM EST?
That's 7PM on my time
Great, I can watch it live!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I dreamt last night that Goku was revealed lol. I was like "Wow. Really?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom