• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Those look pretty good! Is there anyway you could possibly do that to all the Smash Mains in my profile pic at all? That'd be pretty cool!

If your wondering, you can just download my avatar straight from my profile page if you want.
epicmartinchristmas.png

Enjoy your gift.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar
Fenriraga Fenriraga
CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix

Sorry I was late, I was playing some Xenoblade.

------------

I just wanted to weigh in quickly on that leak. I'm not saying it's real, but:

It isn't impossible for Cloud to activate summons with a Smash Taunt. I don't really buy it and we know the Materia thing is how you normally summon summons, but it actually could be that both are the case. Cloud getting a specific home advantage on that stage does make sense, since those summons are an ability HE has in FFVII. It'd be a series first if they did it (at least, giving a character THAT big an advantage on a home stage).

The thing that kills the leak for me though, is the bit where he says "Professor Layton is just about shorter than Rosalina". Considering that he says he simply seen footage from the broadcast or whatever, there would have to be a clear shot of Layton and Rosalina standing right next to each other for him to catch such a detail and be able to compare them so specifically. It's not impossible for that to be the case, I could see them giving Layton some cute gentlemanly interactions with some female characters in the trailer, but it seems like such a specific thing for him to note IMO and relies on that specific shot being in this hypothetical trailer.
Many thanks, dude! And no need to apologize for taking time out of your day for a couple of guys asking you to photoshop Santa Hats. Like really. At all. We're the ones who should be sorry. :V

But yeah... that leak could have lasted at LEAST another 2 seconds if they took 2 seconds of their own to notice the Materia.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Earlier today I spent a good 30-40 minutes or so in Xenoblade Chronicles swimming around the Great Manka Lake and the nearby river, trying to fill my map in for the Manka Forest.

I will never be doing it again.

At least I found a red quest item in the middle of the lake though. What a place to leave one.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Earlier today I spent a good 30-40 minutes or so in Xenoblade Chronicles swimming around the Great Manka Lake and the nearby river, trying to fill my map in for the Manka Forest.

I will never be doing it again.

At least I found a red quest item in the middle of the lake though. What a place to leave one.
It gets even worse if you want to do the same for the Eryth Sea like I did...
Curse my OCD...

D

Deleted member

I have much to say.... Soooo much to say.... But all of this bull**** going on in my personal life makes me feel like collapsing.(I got to drive 2 hours to school every morning, really court?)

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
ChikoLad ChikoLad thanks for that. Looks really nice.

I have much to say.... Soooo much to say.... But all of this bull**** going on in my personal life makes me feel like collapsing.(I got to drive 2 hours to school every morning, really court?)
I can't blame you. Life is nothing more than a pain in the PINGAS sometimes. And when I mean sometimes I mean 99.9% of the time.

:094:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I hope all you Santa-hat wearing folks are prepared for all the kids who may mistake you for the real deal. :p

Just kidding. Glad to see that the world isn't filled with Christmas hating hipsters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum
I know this was asked some days ago, but I don't remember seeing the answer
Can I post videos with swearing if I put up a warning and spoiler tag it?
The way I see it, if the video contains swearing, put a warning. If the swear's in the thumbnail a la an Etika video, just put the link. If the video is just a big load of swears, also just put the link and put a warning.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm an atheist and I still love Christmas. And other holidays.

It can largely be mood dependent though. I never hate any holidays though, just might get indifferent if I'm not in the best of moods.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

I am astounded that this is actually happening. Undertale is actually beating Pokemon RBY in GameFAQ's Best Game Ever poll.

I knew fad culture was a strong force but man I did not expect it to be this strong. I love Undertale but god I hate fad culture.

Chrono.

I am astounded that this is actually happening. Undertale is actually beating Pokemon RBY in GameFAQ's Best Game Ever poll.

I knew fad culture was a strong force but man I did not expect it to be this strong. I love Undertale but god I hate fad culture.
Eh

It's still a silly Gamefaqs poll.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So Masked Man and I wrote about localization and censorship. Let me know what you think!

I argue that it's all business, and most forms of localization are not censorship.

Masked Man argues that it is censorship, but it's making content available to a wider audience.
Had to explain it because some people on KotakuInAction seem like they couldn't understand the argument :p

The article is very popular with that subset right now.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I just waiting for that point where Undertale beats Melee or vice versa

I think the game looks ugly and just dull aside from the music like how I feel about Earthbound

It's gonna be a cold day in hell if it beats Megaman X

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

REALLY unpopular opinion time:

In this scenario I'd actually go with Undertale mainly because the Gen I Pokemon games are absolutely riddled with glitches and had some of the ugliest Pokemon sprites. I can't really say the same for Undertale. I know RBY was a product of its time, but man it hasn't aged well.

Though my biggest issue is less so the fact that Undertale's beating Pokemon RBY, but more so that RBY was the Pokemon game that made it the farthest. I'll chalk that up to nostalgia goggles.

Soul.

lol that still sounds like people are overrating undertale more than it should be. yes the game is good, overrating it is ugh.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

In this scenario I'd actually go with Undertale mainly because the Gen I Pokemon games are absolutely riddled with glitches and had some of the ugliest Pokemon sprites. I can't really say the same for Undertale. I know RBY was a product of its time, but man it hasn't aged well.

Though my biggest issue is less so the fact that Undertale's beating Pokemon RBY, but more so that RBY was the Pokemon game that made it the farthest. I'll chalk that up to nostalgia goggles.
Yeah, I can understand that. For me, I voted for Pokemon RBY for some of the polls because they were better than some of the games it was competing against.

Sonic 2 is a classic, but so is Pokemon RBY. And I have a lot more fun with Pokemon RBY than Sonic 2. So it wins that particular competition in my head.

Khoru

Smash Champion

yeah there's really
no reason for it to be in finals to begin with

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
yeah there's really
no reason for it to be in finals to begin with
It also doesn't help that Ghost is one of my favorite types and it got absolutely ****ed over in Generation I due to a programming error. :laugh:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Nostalgic feeling is a factor for a lot of games.

The sole fact Mario 64 is getting father than Mario Galaxy 2, Megaman 2 is somewhat the highest rated classic MM game when 3, 4 & 9 are much stronger games

kylexv

Smash Master

I mean, I have an Undertale avatar, and I still think Pokemon RBY is more deserving.
EDIT: It's 51-48.something now

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I just waiting for that point where Undertale beats Melee or vice versa

I think the game looks ugly and just dull aside from the music like how I feel about Earthbound

It's gonna be a cold day in hell if it beats Megaman X
>Looks
>Not Played

That's not much of a leg to stand on bruh.

But the whole best game ever thing is STILL stupid. Because there's still no such thing. :V

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Looks
>Not Played

That's not much of a leg to stand on bruh.

But the whole best game ever thing is STILL stupid. Because there's still no such thing. :V
Why do I need to play to truly judge it? It just doesn't look anything interesting. And it's just an opinion

And the Best Game ever does exist, it's just that fans are too stupid to see it

I DARE SOMEONE TO SAY TETRIS ISN'T THE GREATEST GAME EVER MADE

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just look a nap

My dream had the last few moments looking a just a stationary imagine

In the dream, I said "Is something supposed to be moving"

and scrolled through the dream's timeline to see if it really was supposed to be a stationary image

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... Project M 3.61 was just leaked (link removed).

This is actually the build the PMDT was going to release before they shut down development abruptly. This is sadly the last official version in its entirety. At least it has a bunch of bug fixes and changes.

EDIT: I removed the link just in case. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Why do I need to play to truly judge it? It just doesn't look anything interesting. And it's just an opinion

This guy.This guy gets it

Chrono.

So... Project M 3.61 was just leaked.

This is actually the build the PMDT was going to release before they shut down development abruptly. This is sadly the last official version in its entirety. At least it has a bunch of bug fixes and changes.
I don't think you can actually post it lol

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I don't think you can actually post it lol
Well... it doesn't exactly contain a "direct" link to it. Just the Reddit thread itself. If any mod has a problem with it though, just PM (no pun intended) me and I'll take it down.

Also, it's apparently very unstable due to incomplete development...
upload_2015-12-8_21-51-47.png

EDIT: Nevermind. I removed it just in case. Thank you!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Masked Man and I wrote about localization and censorship. Let me know what you think!

I argue that it's all business, and most forms of localization are not censorship.

Masked Man argues that it is censorship, but it's making content available to a wider audience.
Had to explain it because some people on KotakuInAction seem like they couldn't understand the argument :p

The article is very popular with that subset right now.
IMO localisation is not automatically censorship. The two can be mutually exclusive. Localisation can include censorship, though, of course.

Censorship is considered the suppression or indeed, removal, of a message or theme. And that alone.

Some localisation projects may ALTER messages to make them more clear to a different demographic, but since it's not suppressing it, I wouldn't call those cases censorship. More like, conversion of the message into a different format, so that the message is actually spread more.

Censorship would more so entail totally removing or greatly distorting the message to a point where it's not really the same anymore, so less people are getting to see the message.

wildvine47

Smash Ace

Hate to break it to you pal, but Tetris was already in the running, and lost to the very game Undertale is beating right now.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You can't post the link here according to SmashBoards policy. Please don't quote the link and post that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom