• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
  1. Banjo-Kazooie
  2. Rayman
  3. Snake
  4. King K. Rool
  5. Inklings
  6. Wolf
It goes from hopeful to safer picks from top to bottom. Also coincidentally in the order I'd most want them.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
A bit off topic, but I couldn't help but notice this.

This has the same vocal samples as New LA in the day in XBX.

Not uncommon for vocal samples to be reused, but the stark difference in game quality is amusing. :V
I still think they should rerelease Free Riders on consoles with a control scheme using an actual controller

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Can I just say that Shovel Knight and Shantae's (I mean Santae :troll:) chances are by far the most overrated? Like seriously, even just saying they're likely is being extremely generous.

In other news, I wrote up this piece of dung. As if the rest of the story wasn't bad enough.

:094:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Can I just say that Shovel Knight and Shantae's (I mean Santae :troll:) chances are by far the most overrated? Like seriously, even just saying they're likely is being extremely generous.

In other news, I wrote up this piece of dung. As if the rest of the story wasn't bad enough.

Even as a Shantae supporter, I have to agree.

Khoru

Smash Champion

shovel knight has blown up a fair amount for an indie, but it's still not... really even comparable to the other series in smash (discounting a trophy situation like bit.trip)
shantae though. for real. i have no idea why the ssb fanbase tends to think it's so important.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
daily reminder to put your name in for my nuzlocke

because i love you, you should love me, yes? I promise you'll live :^(

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

You can say it, then you'll get multiple drawn-out essays that you've heard before multiple times on how Shovel Knight's so "iconic" for indie games and it "doesn't matter he's not in Japan" along with tons of other things people can't stop bringing up. Like I constantly am.

I doubt the Shantae supporters will say much, they're pretty chill

Chrono.

Heads up.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Heads up.
How absolutely rediculous.
Everyone knows the chances of there being two Shiny Quagsires is 1 in 8192.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll see if I find a Pikachu
Or do you have a request?
And you should already know to make me a Male Gardevoir

Hey A Distant Demon A Distant Demon I found something for you that you might like:
Yes I do indeed like this. Especially because D.Va is the character I intend to play the second most after Tracer. beautiful. Man I can't wait to play. . .months from now.

Having "Lighting" in smash wouldn't be the worst thing ever. Ignoring my bias to awesome sword wielders we would almost certainly get this awesome song in the game

Also shameful plug to the video game music group I made for stuff like that^ in my sig

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'll see if I find a Pikachu
Or do you have a request?
And you should already know to make me a Male Gardevoir
awww lil ol me?
I'll be sure to treat you tonight. :cool:
gives you 5 dollars

Any Pokemon is fine, just having one named after you is fun.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Found a new trailer for the Madonna Magica movie:
http://sendvid.com/nlv9tdon
Low quality, but so hyped!
WAIT. HOLD ALL THE PHONES. I DON'T CARE WHO IS CALLING. HOLD IT!

My favorite anime is finally getting another movie? *sniff* Dreams really do come true. I was actually one of the few people who didn't mind Rebellion's ending. I would've liked more closure instead of being open ended but that isn't the point. Now make Sayaka x Kyouko canon.

Also, in regards to Professor Layton. Honestly, in regards to a level-5 rep, I can see a Yo-kai watch character getting in over him. I'm not sure how popular Professor Layton is, but Yo-kai watch is a phenomenon in Japan. Thats already quite a bit ahead of Layton.

This is all even assuming Level-5 gets a character, which I doubt.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I wonder if Nintendo had to put a Level 5 character in if they'd go with an old favourite in Layton or a new superstar in Jibanyan.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I got an Olimar Amiibo today. Which means my Amiibo count is up to two.
yay small victories

Sure. If you get a Snorlax I'll be more than happy to give it my name.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Nate/Katie is a better choice than Jibanyan I feel. The entire idea of Yo-kai watch is how Yo-kai affect our everyday lives. So having Nate/Katie would be a great way to introduce a debuff character. Like maybe have Tattletell lower defenses, Cheeksqueek having a "poisonous gas" (giving opponents the flower effect), etc.

Plus, you can still incorporate Jibanyan. Like have him participate in Nate/Katie's normal attacks and also use his Paws of Fury as a final smash.

The only way I would like the idea of Jibanyan more than Nate/Katie was if all/some of his alts were of other Jibanyan clones and that way I can play as Robonyan.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Nate/Katie is a better choice than Jibanyan I feel. The entire idea of Yo-kai watch is how Yo-kai affect our everyday lives. So having Nate/Katie would be a great way to introduce a debuff character. Like maybe have Tattletell lower defenses, Cheeksqueek having a "poisonous gas" (giving opponents the flower effect), etc.

Plus, you can still incorporate Jibanyan. Like have him participate in Nate/Katie's normal attacks and also use his Paws of Fury as a final smash.

The only way I would like the idea of Jibanyan more than Nate/Katie was if all/some of his alts were of other Jibanyan clones and that way I can play as Robonyan.
well i mean
pokemon is all about becoming a Pokemon Master™
by all rights we should have a human in smash but

and no, three kanto starters bound at the hip don't count

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

..Jibanyan's literally the mascot. And as Khoru said, Pokemon Trainer literally is just in the background whenever he is chosen. And is no longer in the game, Smash 4 wise.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
That being said, Nate has way more of a personality compared to Pokemon Trainers. Plus he's in multiple games.

It's like is Ash was playable in all Pokemon games. And had a major speaking role in the game.

I can guarantee Ash would be playable in Smash.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... I saw a picture someone posted on an article for Wii U Daily on how times have changed with gaming.

I think this just about sums it up.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I know there is a guy who likes to talk about having Pokemon Trainer in smash in the character discussion thread, but here's the difference.

The only reason to have Pokemon Trainer in smash...is to have the Pokemon Trainer in smash. He has no personality, and any moves that come out of his moveset would be random pokemon with no rhyme or reason. Any moveset could've easily been moved to another character.

Nate on the other hand, has a personality, and with the concept of Yo-kai causing mischief, he could fit right in with a debuffing moveset and actually adding something to the game. Like I said, Jibanyan can still be a major part of his moveset AND it can still make sense. So we can have the cake and eat it too.

Besides. What does Jibanyan add? He is Fire creature who attacks with hands. Not the best form of originality. Especially when we already have Mario.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar
Fenriraga Fenriraga
CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix

Sorry I was late, I was playing some Xenoblade.

------------

I just wanted to weigh in quickly on that leak. I'm not saying it's real, but:

It isn't impossible for Cloud to activate summons with a Smash Taunt. I don't really buy it and we know the Materia thing is how you normally summon summons, but it actually could be that both are the case. Cloud getting a specific home advantage on that stage does make sense, since those summons are an ability HE has in FFVII. It'd be a series first if they did it (at least, giving a character THAT big an advantage on a home stage).

The thing that kills the leak for me though, is the bit where he says "Professor Layton is just about shorter than Rosalina". Considering that he says he simply seen footage from the broadcast or whatever, there would have to be a clear shot of Layton and Rosalina standing right next to each other for him to catch such a detail and be able to compare them so specifically. It's not impossible for that to be the case, I could see them giving Layton some cute gentlemanly interactions with some female characters in the trailer, but it seems like such a specific thing for him to note IMO and relies on that specific shot being in this hypothetical trailer.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Opossum Opossum
I know this was asked some days ago, but I don't remember seeing the answer
Can I post videos with swearing if I put up a warning and spoiler tag it?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
A Japanese monster from an RPG!

:4charizard::4greninja::4lucario::4pikachu::4jigglypuff::4mewtwo:

Oh.

Yeah keep that thing out of Smash please. :|
Are you trying to make a counter point or making a joke? I can't really tell. I have nothing against Japanese monsters from an RPG. I wanted slime after all.

My issue comes in with the fact that it is a series with so much potential. It would feel wasted if Jibanyan was picked, UNLESS he somehow incorporated the same idea with Nate onto Jibanyan. Which I don't see how they would since Nate is the one with the watch.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Depressed Gengar Depressed Gengar
Fenriraga Fenriraga
CyberHyperPhoenix CyberHyperPhoenix

Sorry I was late, I was playing some Xenoblade.

------------

I just wanted to weigh in quickly on that leak. I'm not saying it's real, but:

It isn't impossible for Cloud to activate summons with a Smash Taunt. I don't really buy it and we know the Materia thing is how you normally summon summons, but it actually could be that both are the case. Cloud getting a specific home advantage on that stage does make sense, since those summons are an ability HE has in FFVII. It'd be a series first if they did it (at least, giving a character THAT big an advantage on a home stage).

The thing that kills the leak for me though, is the bit where he says "Professor Layton is just about shorter than Rosalina". Considering that he says he simply seen footage from the broadcast or whatever, there would have to be a clear shot of Layton and Rosalina standing right next to each other for him to catch such a detail and be able to compare them so specifically. It's not impossible for that to be the case, I could see them giving Layton some cute gentlemanly interactions with some female characters in the trailer, but it seems like such a specific thing for him to note IMO and relies on that specific shot being in this hypothetical trailer.
Those look pretty good! Is there anyway you could possibly do that to all the Smash Mains in my profile pic at all? That'd be pretty cool!

If your wondering, you can just download my avatar straight from my profile page if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom