• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
BTW, anybody think that it'd be a good idea if we got Pac-Man's second icon, Ridley's icon, Meta Ridley's icon, and Metal Face's icon as site emojis?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was legitimately mixing it up with Brawl. >_<

Maybe Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and the Wireframes playable?
I can see making the hands playable but not the Wireframes.

They can add the scrapped 6-Player Smash

D

Deleted member

At this point the only characters who look jank as hell are Kyo and Iori >_>

Yeah, agreed... You'd think they'd try their hardest on those two if anything. LOL. Oh my god... Kyo in the first trailer was absolutely frightening.

BTW, anybody think that it'd be a good idea if we got Pac-Man's second icon, Ridley's icon, Meta Ridley's icon, and Metal Face's icon as site emojis?
We should at least have Ridley. They guy is so infamous on here it feels strange he isn't one.

Don't think 2 pacs is worth it but Metal Face would be neat. RIP yellow devil

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't call that darkened Ridleu emoji 'Meta Ridley'. It's the Brawl Ridley design but someone tweaked the lighting

btw, anyone else ever notice the 50 fact extravaganza lied? Xander said beating Metal Face gets you a point and I accidentally timed match Gaur Plain. XANDER ****IN' LIED

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here it is in all it's glory!
Oh.

Is that unused, or is it in the game somewhere?

I would like to see those icons though.

I also want a Luma icon. He's a named character in the roster yet he doesn't have his own icon. And the Substitution doll does.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guys I had no internet for an hour it was scary the whole neighborhood had no electricity (>w<)
That sucks. Glad to see you're back.

I can see making the hands playable but not the Wireframes.

They can add the scrapped 6-Player Smash
The Hands can't really go through regular stages, so they might work in their own special mode. Wireframes are pretty normal bar lacking specials, although it'd be cool if you could use them similar to Mii Fighters and choose custom moves for 'em.

I like the other idea, though. :)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Athena will look like her age once more or stay as a terrifying Moe blob in this new KOF game.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Here are Ridley, Meta Ridley, and Metal Face's icons too...

@Warchamp7 would these be okay?

(Also hold the phone...

This came from a friend)

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Here are Ridley, Meta Ridley, and Metal Face's icons too...

@Warchamp7 would these be okay?

(And that second Pac-Man I posted above too maybe?)
That's not ****ing Meta Ridley. I refuse to acknowledge it as such. Japan's 50 fact extravaganza called it Black Ridley, it's similar to Other M's Varia Ridley (that's the name in the game coding) yet NoA thought it'd be fantastic for 2 extremely memorable boss fights, one of which setting a standard for other fights with Ridley, to get bastardized and it's name being given to that pathetic excuse of a stage hazard

DaybreakHorizon

Simple and Clean
Premium
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I started writing this update last night
Sleeping is the greatest break a person can have
Now that I can use Cut outside of battle, I think it's time to check on that Old Chateau on the forest
But who will learn Cut?
Hmm... here, be bound to this HM for 4 badges, Sonomura, you need a better STAB move because Quick Attack ain't working

Eterna Forest
Okay, so this was the plac-- Gardenia what are you doing here!?
♡Oh, you see, hmph, after our battle, I kinda felt down so I came here to, hmph, have some fun!♡
Oh no, I have Opossum in the party's first slot! Opossum, my baby, don't look!
>Opossum learned Grass Knot!
(It is too late, mommy, I have seen everything!)
Oh god, no!
♡♡Well, I'm off, I have important "gym" business to take care of♡♡
Poor Opossum, he can't even evolce and now he has see-- wait, did you just talk?
(Anyone with a strong bond with their Pokemon can hear them talk)
Wait, so does that mean you're close to evolving? But that also means I'll have to portray the Pokemon as characters. I know! I'll just give then all a line to define their personalities!
(Smth smth Chrom)
(*has thread title idea**remembers he's not a mod anymore*)
(FUND INDIVISIBLE)
(Smth smth Fiora)
(Tumblr)
(*flat joke goes here*)
There, I think that defines each member perfectly! Oh yeah, and the boxed mons too!
(*worships Yuri*)
(*makes flat joke*)
There, I think that sets it up nicely, let's go to the obviously haunted mansion

Old Chateau
>Ancient runes cover the walls
>VYEGRC WXEC BTVFMT MYE VKVAIXJT IKRICXI TWX NOGEU HPL VVTK JETG
This room has nothing, what kind of person doesn't leave their items on the ground for others to pick up?
(Are you literally looting this place? Don't you think that might be disrespectful to whoever once lived in here?)-Swamp
It's 2015, everything is disrespectful, I don't see a problem
(I have to agree with Swamp here)
W-wait, who said that?
(It was me)
*turns around*
Oh. My. God! Frosty-sama!
(What!?)
Let me catch you, Frosty-sama!
>Ghastly used Mean Look!
Wow r00d
A Great Ball because Frosty-sama is great!
>Gotcha! Ghastly was caught!
Aww, Frosty-sama doesn't fit, I'll just put Frostwaith then
(*weebs over some anime*)
Frostwaith(male) Lv. 15
Naive nature(so innocent)
Dec. 4, 2015
Old Chateau
Met at Lv. 15.

Proud of its power anime knowledge.
Likes sweet food.

Ability: Levitate
Spite/Mean Look/Curse/Night Shade

Partner: single(no one touches Frosty-sama >:3)
Let's keep looting this place
>Found Old Gateau
Ha get it? Old Gateau in the Old Chateau
>Ancient runes cover the walls
>1-5-12-9-11 7-3-16-10-11 12-25-8-25-16-23-25
>Found TM90 Substitute
Oh god, it's his body!
I guess that's it for this place
L E A V E
Didn't you hear me? I said I was done with this place. Man, some ghosts can be quite stupid
D O N ' T C O M E B A C K

Team Galactic HQ
Tree cut threes? Man, they are really trying with this security system
So, I hear Team Gaga is stealing Pokemon from innocent people, let's stop their evil schemes!
!Stop right there!
I'm sorry, I surrender!
!What are you doing? It's me, Looker. As an Inernational Police agent, I have to be a master of disguise too!
Oh, sorry, these updates only started some time after you were last seen. So, what's up?
!You see, Team Gaga is using the stolen Pokemon for something... EVIL! And we must stop them!
Alright let's to this!
!Wait! There are two stairs! Only one of them must be the right one, the other must be a trap, but kno--!
Wait, did you just say "trap"?
Which one is it? The one with no security at all or the one heavily guarded by two grunts?
*goes through the empty one*
*is the right one*
Alright, I can't get this one right!
*gets the right one*
Argh!
Okay, but now it must definitely be the one with just a scientist!
*right one again*
GOD****INGDAMNIT
=So you're the trainer who is here to "free" these Pokemon?=
Honestly, I don't even know how I got up here
=You must have been mislead beca--=
I don't want to hear all your evil bull****, let's fight already!
=Do you even know what you are fighting for?=
=What are you waiting? Send out your Pokemon!=
I'm just thinking if I should make a joke or two about this
=*sigh=

Vs. Jupiter
>You are challenged by Team Gaga Admin Jupiter
>Admin Jupiter sent out Zubat
>Go! Oni333!
>Oni used Spark and ****ing killed the Zubat
=That Pokemin was just donated to us!=
Yeah, "donated" after you beat up it and its trainer
=You really don't know what's going on, do you?=
I know enough, I know you guys are EVIL
>Admin Jupiter sent out Skuntank
>Lv.23
See, only someone EVIL would have an underleveled Pokemon
=Is Lance, the Champion of Johto, "EVIL"?=
You can bet my *** he is
>Go! Teh Anna!
(Don't you think that you shouldn't be using me as the answer for everything?)
I don't pay you for you to judge my battle tactics
(You don't even pay me though you probably should)
I'm sorry, but I don't give money to my roommates
(Roommate? We're not roommates, what does tha--nevermind I get it)
>Teh Anna used Magnitude
>Skuntank ate the Sitrus Berry
>Skuntank used Screech! Teh Anna's defense harshly fell!
This can't be good
>Skuntank used Night Slash! It dealt a ****ton of damage
>Teh Anna used Magnitude! A critical hit! Skuntank fainted!
>Player defeated Admin Jupiter
Well, that was anti-climatic

=Ugh, you indeed are an annoying one, even then, we already got what we came for=
After Gardenia the word came only means one thing to me...
=Just consider what you're actually fighting for=
...I fight fo--
(Say it and you die)
=Smoke Bomb Ex Machina go!=
Oh, she escaped, great!

)Is this the place to donate Pokemon?(
Are you the Bike Shop manager?
)Uh, yes, why do yoy ask?(
I JUST SAVED YOU, NOW YOU LWE ME A BIKE! I'll meet youvat the shop, my bile better be ready
)Uh, what!? Your logic doesn't make sense(
Neither does 90% of this region! Now let's go, what are you waiting for?
)...(
)I'm waiting for my friends(

Also, for the current topic, I celevrate Christmas here even though I'm agnostic(though it's not like my parents care about that)
But I don't mind, most of these holidays have been consumed by capitalism and I like it
Though I've always been curious about other Christmas-esque holidays, so I second Swamp in that I would like to know about them aswell
If you catch a Rhyhorn I expect another chance.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That's not ****ing Meta Ridley. I refuse to acknowledge it as such. Japan's 50 fact extravaganza called it Black Ridley, it's similar to Other M's Varia Ridley (that's the name in the game coding) yet NoA thought it'd be fantastic for 2 extremely memorable boss fights, one of which setting a standard for other fights with Ridley, to get bastardized and it's name being given to that pathetic excuse of a stage hazard
Okay then, let's refer to it as Black Ridley then, as that seems to be the correct name.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If the Japan Direct called it Black Ridley, then that means we should call it Dark Ridley.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I'm back. What did I miss?

That actually sounds pretty interesting, it would actually be kind of interesting to see different types of species interact, like see how Ghosts work with vampires, and other things Also be neat to see Youkais interacting with Western style demons.
All that stuff. Yeah, it would be really interesting, especially if they borrowed from both Western and Eastern myths.

With an expansive open world, it would work by expanding on the idea of the Bionis and Mechonis in the original or the multiple alien species in X. Multiple worlds for different kinds of demons or maybe have a human world and demon world to explore, though this idea is kind of overused, but would work nonetheless.

Yeah, pretty much, have highly advance scientific machinery, while there would be magic, also I feel the magic would be more like magic from Negima then like the force, The Force seems pretty weak when compared to other series magic lore, I mean yeah I'm sure it can do more, but The Force is mainly known for mind tricks, force lightening and pushing stuff, kind of underwhelming isn't it when compared to other series magic isn't it?
Yeah, I was just using Star Wars as an example. Admittedly not the best one, perhaps, but it's what came to mind. :p

The Force is kind of like magic, though it IS tame compared to what is often seen in fantasy series.

That is funny. Some people have plenty of free time, it seems.

If the Japan Direct called it Black Ridley, then that means we should call it Dark Ridley.

Well we call Black face Metal Face here. Maybe we should call him metal Ridley. Oh wait. (god pyrosphere is weird)

I still have no goddamn clue why sakurai thought it would make sense to make Other M ridley's icon an edited Brawl icon that doesn't even look like the Other M design. It looks sooooo dumb.

Also I forgot about that icon. Another piece of evidence that Pyrosphere Ridley is meant to be the real Ridley. Good thing people have stopped trying to think we an get SM Ridley as DLC so I wont have to use it.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Well we call Black face Metal Face here. Maybe we should call him metal Ridley. Oh wait. (god pyrosphere is weird)

I still have no goddamn clue why sakurai thought it would make sense to make Other M ridley's icon an edited Brawl icon that doesn't even look like the Other M design. It looks sooooo dumb.

Also I forgot about that icon. Another piece of evidence that Pyrosphere Ridley is meant to be the real Ridley. Good thing people have stopped trying to think we an get SM Ridley as DLC so I wont have to use it.
No, instead we're getting NES manual Ridley and Mini-Kraid.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, and Ridley was mentioned. For a little while, I was wondering where all this salt came from.

I guess some things just never change...

btw, anyone else ever notice the 50 fact extravaganza lied? Xander said beating Metal Face gets you a point and I accidentally timed match Gaur Plain. XANDER ****IN' LIED
There's an in-game tip that says that defeating Metal Face nets you a point, IIRC.

Signs point that this was a feature removed very late in development... How interesting.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Con0rrrr Con0rrrr

Bro, I like that you moxie and belief that Melee HD can happen but let's be honest, if that ever comes to pass it's just gonna be like Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online Edition

• It'll be the same game graphics and polygon wise
  • The balance at most will probably use the PAL version
  • It's just gonna be up scaled to 720/1080p and nothing else
  • All it's gonna have is online and nothing else.
  • It's gonna be a downloadable game and nothing more and it'll be for Wii U and if an NX version happens, it won't be a launch title but downloadable again or even be bundled with a Smash 4 NX port

Gotta think the truth here
Oh dude I completely get it. I had a line that mentioned your last point but wanted to keep the video under 20 mins.

I mention many times that it probably won't happen. When I talk about what Melee HD would be in the video I'm talking about the best possible scenario.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So what would you all think of this icon for Pac-Man that a friend of mine made?

Is it good?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, and Ridley was mentioned. For a little while, I was wondering where all this salt came from.

I guess some things just never change...

There's an in-game tip that says that defeating Metal Face nets you a point, IIRC.

Signs point that this was a feature removed very late in development... How interesting.
That's weird, I wonder why it was removed. I didn't even know that this happened either.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Just looked it up and the current best selling bust size in Ireland is 34DD.

Which is larger than what Tifa has.

EDIT: That information is out dated. The most recent report actually says 36DD.
Alright, whose ready for a field trip?
Dibs on all the red heads!

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wonder if they ever did another story mode in a Smash game, they would be a civil war situation with :4bowser:&:4ganondorf: with :4mewtwo:in the mix with his clone crew (:4drmario::4darkpit:&:4lucina:)

And also :4greninja:&:4sheik: team up and :4pit:&:4palutena: vs :4link:&:4zelda:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I wonder if they ever did another story mode in a Smash game, they would be a civil war situation with :4bowser:&:4ganondorf: with :4mewtwo:in the mix with his clone crew (:4drmario::4darkpit:&:4lucina:)

And also :4greninja:&:4sheik: team up and :4pit:&:4palutena: vs :4link:&:4zelda:
>Mewtwo leading the actual clone characters

That's actually really clever.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
All that stuff. Yeah, it would be really interesting, especially if they borrowed from both Western and Eastern myths.

With an expansive open world, it would work by expanding on the idea of the Bionis and Mechonis in the original or the multiple alien species in X. Multiple worlds for different kinds of demons or maybe have a human world and demon world to explore, though this idea is kind of overused, but would work nonetheless.
Well the multiple world thing is overused for a reason, but yeah I'd rather have it so all species are on the same world, so they're forced to actually interact with each other, you could have different species who are trying to stay hidden from the masses, and secret cults trying to wipe out the species, it adds a lot of great story potential.

Yeah, I was just using Star Wars as an example. Admittedly not the best one, perhaps, but it's what came to mind. :p

The Force is kind of like magic, though it IS tame compared to what is often seen in fantasy series.
It pretty much is outright implied The Force is the magic in Star Wars, and only few can tap into it.. But yeah compared to other series that have magic, its pretty small and pathetic, kind of wonder if that might be deliberate on George's part, whatever you think of him now, you have to admit if he made it so the force couldn't be an easy Deux ex Machina to get characters out of jam and it would force writers, heh made a pun, to actually think when writing for Star Wars materials.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
As a neutral observer looking over the Steam debate, the pro-Steam side had...really bad arguments, and came off as outright delusional. While sure, sales for the originating series isn't a hard factor, it's a significant indirect factor as Naoshi explained, and at the end of the day, when you look at the series that got playable characters in Smash, each one had some level of financial success at the time of their debut and were not outright flops everywhere (even the Ice Climbers' lone game was a million+ seller), and outside the explicit retro inclusions, an apparent future as well. Then when the pro-side shouts "relevancy doesn't matter!", do you all just forget Sakurai's infamous quote when he explained the Ice Climbers' absence in Smash 4, about how characters from series with no apparent future were given lower priority? Yeah the character's uniqueness and how well Sakurai can fit them into Smash will be the ultimate determining factor, but you can't just ignore the prior factors that will very likely keep Henry Fleming from getting to that point for that determination to be made, and prevent him from being high priority enough to beat out his competition throughout development if he makes it past Sakurai's approval and conception.

I think it's ridiculous to speculate about Smash 5's roster at this point to begin with, when it is still years away and we don't even know how the scope of Smash 5 will be. And it's even more ridiculous to claim any newcomer a "shoo-in" for Smash 5, bar maybe the Inklings. Then to argue for and hitch your "shoo-in" claim on a character, from a series that looks to be a one-and-done flop, with no other outstanding features/outstanding demand/outstanding history to get by that, and would be hard-pressed to get into a new Smash game being made right now, much less one 4 or so years from now..

Sure Henry or some other Steam character is very much possible, and I even think he would be one of the neater newcomer inclusions possible at this point. I certainly see nothing wrong in supporting his inclusion, but he's certainly not anywhere near the type of character to hold your breath for nor bet anything on.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Mewtwo leading the actual clone characters

That's actually really clever.
I'm surprised most people haven't mad those connections but me.

I was gonna put :4feroy: in there as sort of a Melee reunion but I didn't think it fit.

Although I had an idea of :4falcon: leading a team of fighters against :4bowser:&:4ganondorf: with :4sheik::4zss:&:4myfriends:. And :4wario: being a chaotic neutral

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As a neutral observer looking over the Steam debate, the pro-Steam side had...really bad arguments, and came off as outright delusional. While sure, sales for the originating series isn't a hard factor, it's a significant indirect factor as Naoshi explained, and at the end of the day, when you look at the series that got playable characters in Smash, each one had some level of financial success at the time of their debut and were not outright flops everywhere (even the Ice Climbers' lone game was a million+ seller), and outside the explicit retro inclusions, an apparent future as well. Then when the pro-side shouts "relevancy doesn't matter!", do you all just forget Sakurai's infamous quote when he explained the Ice Climbers' absence in Smash 4, about how characters from series with no apparent future were given lower priority? Yeah the character's uniqueness and how well Sakurai can fit them into Smash will be the ultimate determining factor, but you can't just ignore the prior factors that will very likely keep Henry Fleming from getting to that point for that determination to be made, and prevent him from being high priority enough to beat out his competition throughout development if he makes it past Sakurai's approval and conception.

I think it's ridiculous to speculate about Smash 5's roster at this point to begin with, when it is still years away and we don't even know how the scope of Smash 5 will be. And it's even more ridiculous to claim any newcomer a "shoo-in" for Smash 5, bar maybe the Inklings. Then to argue for and hitch your "shoo-in" claim on a character, from a series that looks to be a one-and-done flop, with no other outstanding features to get by that, and would be hard-pressed to get into a new Smash game being made right now, much less one 4 or so years from now..

Sure Henry or some other Steam character is very much possible, and I even think he would be one of the neater newcomer inclusions possible at this point. I certainly see nothing wrong in supporting his inclusion, but he's certainly not anywhere near the type of character to hold your breath for nor bet anything on.
On the topic of C. N. Steam, anyone seen this video?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
"Relevancy"

:4duckhunt::4gaw::4rob::4ness::4lucas:.

Also Smash literally made :4greninja: relevant.
I thought him being the developers of Pokemon's favorite choice, combined with the initial leak and him eventually being uber powerful made him relevant

Ash also getting a froaky

D

Deleted member

Pffft, he probably liked it. :p Whether he's aware if it or not.
I certainly hope he likes traps, not only for similar tastes but for other... reasons as well :p
Hmmmmm....

F.A.N.G. X Walugi OTP?
Dude, they're brothers
That's
INCEST
N
C
E
S
T
Yes for Metal Face, so I can make death threats and talk about my carnage love without sounding like a creep
If you catch a Rhyhorn I expect another chance.
Never5get tehponyhorn

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom