• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
chargin' chuck
200% mad.gif

I DISLIKE CHARGIN' CHUCK
I DISLIKE HIM VERY MUCH
HE'S ANNOYING AS HELL IN SUPER MARIO WORLD
Finally found some of it: ( and the cleanest part)

https://twitter.com/Papersonic751/status/664967257211015168
Jeez
Don' stap
Don' stap
We in luv nao
Don' stap
Dere's so mush 2 b foun
Dis is hour paradie
All we haf 2 do is
Go-Go
free hour sou
bwanna bwabwowbwow

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Can you go back to the part where you said SaltBlock didn't get blacklisted because of the embargo? I'm really curious. Not to mention he said SFZ looked like **** AFTER the immense graphical update
It was either in a video or on Twitter where he said he got blacklisted after the whole Lamar Wilson debacle. And to be fair, it's kinda hard to see the difference in Star Fox graphics unless they're side by side, at least to me.
Well to be fair, he does keep his salt to his side twitter now

You do know he doesn't truly want Smash to be killed, right? He's just tired of 3rd party characters and anime-esque swordsmen in Smash and wants some actual Nintendo newcomers as DLC. Sakurai should retire soon though, or at least get a vacation

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
On the subject of Street Fighter designs Laura is still the most "normal fighting game character" design in the game which is kind of ridiculous considering you could literally wrap her in a Brazillian flag and have her wear nothing else and she'd still be within character. Oh and her proportions too.

Also I'm mostly going to be playing SF5 when it comes out for several months so I can be a top Laura/Mika/Ibuki/maaybe Juri. Mostly Laura, what a bae

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Alright guys here it is. Worked with Source Gaming/ @PushDustIn to bring you this new video.

You all will think I'm crazy.

The Case for Melee HD

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, let's kill Smash because the characters I support will never get in so we just have to complain and never play the game again until they make my support status characters playable.
Sadly, there's plenty of people who sympathize with his views. I've seen people denounce this game over the exclusion of a single character, to the point of calling it "Trash", just because ONE character didn't make it.

......I think we know who I'm talking about.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OK
Looked at Dark Joshy's twitter posts
WARNING
DO NOT SCROLL ANYWHERE DOWN PAST NOVEMBER 16TH
IT IS A BAD TIME
nowifyouexcusemeI'mgonnagocryandhugmyisabelleplushtorelievemysoulofwhathappenedtoday

Viridi is absolutely not happening next smash. Guarantee it. Unless we get KIU2 with amazing timing and she has a super important role. Which is extremely doubtful. Even then Its still probably not worth a 4th character.
And im a huge detractor of the rep idea and the owner of the Viridi thread.

New street fighter guy looks like the mulan guy huh?
Secretly related to waluigi huh?

. . .I had a terrible idea

im sorry

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Finally found some of it: ( and the cleanest part)

https://twitter.com/Papersonic751/status/664967257211015168

Are you going to say this is actually called for and should be encouraged?

This is pretty stupid and sad that he needs a alt account that people think is fanmade, to post his "lovely" dialogues.
lol yeah that's pretty bad

tantrums are unbecoming of grownups.

they should just start crying and turn to the drink like me when I get upset xP

Uh, the drink of chocolate milk mods. Not alcohol. Never alcohol. Or drugs. Even the fun ones.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just looked at Josh's alt account.

My god he makes fun of tumblr yet comes across as some edgy mctryhard tumblr user.

This one is my favourite.

"GAIZ IT'S OK, HAVING A TWITTER ACCOUNT WHERE I LET OUT ALL OF MY MEAN SPIRTED AND TRYHARD THOUGHTS MEANS I'M ACTUALLY A SAINT".

Chrono.

I really, REALLY hope the gameplay of the new KoF is exceptional, because the graphics are just god awful.
I think it looks "alright" as of the newest trailer.

In the stream the gameplay looked alright but the quality was bad, so I'll wait for direct-feed footage and see where that goes.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Sadly, there's plenty of people who sympathize with his views. I've seen people denounce this game over the exclusion of a single character, to the point of calling it "Trash", just because ONE character didn't make it.

Mariotehplumber? Is that the right answer?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you can't see the humour in these kinds of people then you're taking it too seriously.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
New street fighter guy looks like the mulan guy huh?
Secretly related to waluigi huh?

. . .I had a terrible idea

im sorry
I was moreso thinking of it like this
upload_2015-12-5_18-37-9.png

I'm not sorry

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If you can't see the humour in these kinds of people then you're taking it too seriously.
Taking it seriously is the last thing I could do.

It's also blantantly clear that it's not all faked, some of this is what he genuinely believes.

It's just him being a tryhard. It's funny but for all of the wrong reasons.

Reminds me of this:

Soul.

You can just not play it, you don't need to "kill smash" for everyone. I barely play smash, but I'm not forcing others not to play smash. If they want to to play the game, they can play it. Even the worst thing Mega 64 said they'd do to Federation force is... not buy it.
That's the point

you don't like the game, it's fine; don't buy it.

I was more thinking MagnesD3 and his Wolf Boner, but that's just from my point of view.
There are 100s of people who do that on these boards. Hard to single out one person :laugh:
I was moreso thinking of it like this
View attachment 86225
I'm not sorry
. . .Fang thinks he is a bird

. . .waluigi is associated with water a lot.

This might actually be canon

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
There are 100s of people who do that on these boards. Hard to single out one person :laugh:

Air Flight + Air Swim
They bruddahs

Shroob

Sup?

The problem is he keeps popping up wherever I go. =\ Check Neogaf, and he's ******** and whining about no Wolf there too with a super "Woe is me" attitude of "Why can't I just have Wolf? I feel empty without Wolf" kind of posts. It's overdramatic and childish as ****.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

I wouldn't take it seriously. I have also seen people who said they're done with the series and leaving Smashboards over one character making it/not making it. Of course, that didn't last long.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I was more thinking MagnesD3 and his Wolf Boner, but that's just from my point of view.
Oh. Gonna be honest. I have no idea who those are.
Taking it seriously is the last thing I could do.

It's also blantantly clear that it's not all faked, some of this is what he genuinely believes.

It's just him being a tryhard. It's funny but for all of the wrong reasons.

Reminds me of this:

But if you (not you specifically you but you as in just someone) believe that Josh literally wants Smash to die, you're taking this Dark Joshy too seriously
I'll end by quoting this
"I can't wait to wake up in the morning and insult my favorite company ever."
-Josh Thomas
That was said sarcastically btw.

Anyway, can we stop with the whole Josh discussion? I just wanted to show the Animal Crossing Make Believe and appreciate the effort that was put in to it. Can we talk about his ideas on that instead? You know, a more positive topic?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Con0rrrr Con0rrrr

Bro, I like that you moxie and belief that Melee HD can happen but let's be honest, if that ever comes to pass it's just gonna be like Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online Edition

• It'll be the same game graphics and polygon wise
  • The balance at most will probably use the PAL version
  • It's just gonna be up scaled to 720/1080p and nothing else
  • All it's gonna have is online and nothing else.
  • It's gonna be a downloadable game and nothing more and it'll be for Wii U and if an NX version happens, it won't be a launch title but downloadable again or even be bundled with a Smash 4 NX port

Gotta think the truth here

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Still disappointed that Water Park in Mario Kart 8 wasn't owned by Wario and waluigi and called the WAAAter Park.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
This. Is. Not. A. Good. Enough. Reason. To. Add. Someone.
There's much more to Fiora than her being female.
You know you're right, there's so many reasons to add her, there's her moveset potential, the fact there's two different characters to work with, her overall importance to the story, her overall importance to Xenoblade as a whole (She was chosen to be in PXZ2 as the game's sole playable ambassador and was even paired up with the main character of her game's predecessor) and the list goes on.

(Btw welcome to the premium yacht, where the ride never stops!)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Con0rrrr Con0rrrr

Bro, I like that you moxie and belief that Melee HD can happen but let's be honest, if that ever comes to pass it's just gonna be like Street Fighter 3rd Strike Online Edition

• It'll be the same game graphics and polygon wise
  • The balance at most will probably use the PAL version
  • It's just gonna be up scaled to 720/1080p and nothing else
  • All it's gonna have is online and nothing else.
  • It's gonna be a downloadable game and nothing more and it'll be for Wii U and if an NX version happens, it won't be a launch title but downloadable again or even be bundled with a Smash 4 NX port

Gotta think the truth here
I agree this is the most likely scenario. They may add Roy and Mewtwo(and Dr. Mario) since they're super easy to finish. It does help they came back for Smash 4 as well.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh. Gonna be honest. I have no idea who those are.

But if you (not you specifically you but you as in just someone) believe that Josh literally wants Smash to die, you're taking this Dark Joshy too seriously
I'll end by quoting this
"I can't wait to wake up in the morning and insult my favorite company ever."
-Josh Thomas
That was said sarcastically btw.

Anyway, can we stop with the whole Josh discussion? I just wanted to show the Animal Crossing Make Believe and appreciate the effort that was put in to it. Can we talk about his ideas on that instead? You know, a more positive topic?
I never said I thought he was completely serious about that one.

I mean it's still in bad taste, but it's clearly tongue in cheek.

I just think in general he's a bit of an eejit. Even before I saw his alt account. That account just makes things funnier.
The problem is he keeps popping up wherever I go. =\ Check Neogaf, and he's ******** and whining about no Wolf there too with a super "Woe is me" attitude of "Why can't I just have Wolf? I feel empty without Wolf" kind of posts. It's overdramatic and childish as ****.
why isnt rosalina in paper jam

why they never put her in the rpgs

i can nevur hav her in anything can i

nintendo just keep milking daisy even tho she trash

i ****in hate nerdtendo

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I agree this is the most likely scenario. They may add Roy and Mewtwo(and Dr. Mario) since they're super easy to finish. It does help they came back for Smash 4 as well.
Uhh.....they are already in Melee :drmario::mewtwomelee::roymelee:

Why would they take them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom