• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
They need to be ****ing grateful she gets to hang with Gardevoir, White Mage, Nikki and Ashley
Don't start, really don't.

Shovel Knight and Shantae supporters have been made fun of enough here, let's not add anymore characters to the list shall we.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm moreorless suprised that there are two versions, I myself felt it was uneeded.

Off-topic, but Daisy fans aren't going to be too happy about your sig...
I am a Daisy fan. That's why she's there.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Don't start, really don't.

Shovel Knight and Shantae supporters have been made fun of enough here, let's not add anymore characters to the list shall we.
But...Mah joke...Besides, this place has made fun of Daisy, Ridley, Geno and Anna too iirc. I would prefer doing the good old South Park way: Nothing is sacred.

Except sandwiches, I understand why men want me to make em sandwiches now. It's best after giving said men ass-whoopings for telling me to make a sandwich

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I never got around to playing Delta Episode (not too big into Pokemon). Is it not that great? Hmm.

Also I'm basically confirmed going to PAX East in April. Yay.
Your mileage may vary on the quality overall, but Delta episode has the single greatest moment that ever occurred in a Pokemon game.

D

Deleted member

Aviary Photo_130871258558573958.png

Okay, what even is this?..... And I thought the april fools quests over the years in froniter were the weirdest thing the series had to offer...... Whatever it is, I must find a way to have access to it. Even if I'm really just supplying nightmare fuel to myself.
Also guys, keep the post quality up. The last page or so was atrocious.
Errrrrmmm, sorry about that..... It's what happens when I go on a cr1tikal spree......

Last edited by a moderator:
But...Mah joke...Besides, this place has made fun of Daisy, Ridley, Geno and Anna too iirc. I would prefer doing the good old South Park way: Nothing is sacred.

Except sandwiches, I understand why men want me to make em sandwiches now. It's best after giving said men ***-whoopings for telling me to make a sandwich
SO what you're saying is the only character support that is sacred is Heavy?
So ever character you want has no chance? :c Wow, that's sad actually... Sorry bro.
Viridi, Ridley, Woder Red, Agnes/Edea, Phoenix Wright, Melia, and Crash Bandicoot are my most wanted. I know that feel.
(at least I like Dixie and Inklings who have a shot and got Roy. . .)
EDIT forgot Sora . . . only proving my point further

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Speaking of Mike Pollock, he's pretty much the best thing about Sonic Boom, especially as how Mike himself is a nice guy who loves talking to fans. Mike's Eggman is probably my 2nd favourite character in Sonic
Mike is like the best thing about Sonic as a WHOLE right now. That and Aaron Webber with Sonic's Social media.

...The best part about the series is a voice actor and a twitter poster.

Good lord this series is a mess right now.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Because Nintendo has been starving them to death. Everyone knows Camelot needs their dose of Golden Sun
Yeah, they've stated they're completely open to GS4, but they're busy making meh sports titles, so only fan demand can replenish them!

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Because Nintendo has been starving them to death. Everyone knows Camelot needs their dose of Golden Sun
You people are crazy, World Tour was GREAT.
At the very least significantly better than Ultra Smash.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Camelot seems to have turned from a company that could push out a quality RPG/sports game on an annual basis (sometimes more than once a year) to a developer that poops out some meh Mario filler two or three times a gen. Look at their work up until like 2005.

The ****. The **** Nintendo.

;_;

To be fair though I heard World Tour was pretty decent, at least compared to their recent tennis offerings.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Characters I want with little to no chance:

Snake, Simon - Blame Konami.
Crash - Currently in limbo, not highly requested.
Spyro - Unpopular in Japan, not highly requested in any region. And no, I don't think Nintendo cameos in a recent Skylanders game that hasn't been and likely won't be released in Japan helps his chances much, if at all.
Zael, Fiora, Melia, Reyn - Not highly requested, but at least they're first party.

Speaking of which, no one's made a Reyn support thread in A Distant Demon A Distant Demon 's social forum.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
World Tour was meh, but MILES more tolerable then Ultra Smash.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Because we're approaching Black Friday.
True, but if they were to push black Friday deals. It be better to focus on smash, amiibos, amiibo festival, splatoon and something else. Although I guess they should try and make sales with Chibi Robo and his amiibo.

D

Deleted member

SO what you're saying is the only character support that is sacred is Heavy?

Viridi, Ridley, Woder Red, Agnes/Edea, Phoenix Wright, Melia, and Crash Bandicoot are my most wanted. I know that feel.
(at least I like Dixie and Inklings who have a shot and got Roy. . .)
EDIT forgot Sora . . . only proving my point further
Literally all of the characters I want have smaller chances than Mother getting a new game
I don't know. I liked Ultra Smash...
Ultra Smash was **** tho
Ultra Smash>>>>>>>>>****>>>>>>>>ur waifu>>>>>>>>Ultra Smash

D

Deleted member

Aviary Photo_130871217167295059.png
Really?..... Are you guys kidding me right now..... I know Ultra Smash is the talk but darn...... *Sigh*...

Clearly you guys aren't mature enough to get over your silly little jokes.....

Because Ultra Smash is clearly better than Ultra Smash, Ultra Smash, Ultra Smash, or Ultra Smash. And I have proof.
Screen Shot 2015-11-24 at 3.26.59 PM.png

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, wanna see the Smashboards System act screwey?
[event=]I am typing this message, and without typing it, [ /event ] will appear without spaces at the end of this post. Why? Who knows. :4sonic: Should be here -->[/event]

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
No you guys Ultra smash was dumbed down for filthy casuals from the masterpiece that is Ultra Smash.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
And as of today, I now celebrate another year on this planet!

At least the Delta episode had a point (catch previous event exclusive), expanded the Pokemon lore and you couldn't miss it entirley. All X & Y's did was provide a couple a of battles and a failed attempt at a heart-warming orphan story. Heart-lukewarming if you will.
While it had the reward of getting to catching Broken Delta Dragon Rayquaza and Deoxys, I personally felt it wasn't that great leading up to it as well since you had to go through a series of fetch quest and a pretty forced final encounter with Team Magma/Aqua to get to them. Also, for me, I personally preferred Looker and Emma as characters much more then I did Zinnia, so I was able to go through their story easier then I did with her.

You know something, Awakening wasn't the first one to really break the fanbase, Radiant Dawn was, with how it basically made all the characters just stats sheets with a pretty skin colour, which made the fan base spilt into those who actually cared about the plot and supports of Fire Emblem, while others only cared about who had the best stats and nothing else.
I wouldn't say that's really the same actually since a lot of Radiant Dawn's complaints were more self contained and didn't leak into the reception or design of future games. It also lacked newer fans that came into conflict with older ones due to their preference to how it handled itself. Awakening's complaints have more of a notable base breaking factor since they did leak into future game (and got far worse) and added a large number of newer fans that butt heads with the older ones due to their preference for Awakening's design.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Alright then. For those who are in and if they lose

Everyone who bets that Wolf won't be in the Demember Direct:

You must have an avatar of Cailou for a week.

Everyone who bets that Wolf will be in December Direct:

You must have an avatar of Scrappy Doo for a week.

Also as an added bonus. Which either side loses must type a paragraph in this thread about how great of a character Willie Scott is the day after the Direct with whatever you'll type on that day.
Oh you are most definitely on.my money on no wolf

D

Deleted member

>Opossum tells us to improve the quality of posts
>immediate Ultra Smash jokes.

What was that 5 seconds?
Just rules of nature, my mang. I mean, not even Oppossum listened to Oppossum, non can resist. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom