• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

The Ironic part to this entire situation? The fangame(and one of my favorites) Super Pokemon Eevee predicted this( sort of). In one town, a huge fire killed many miners and they have graves in the town to remember those who were lost. But some of the graves contain references. Two graves right next to each other are for Hideo Kojiima and David Hayter. While both aren't dead, their franchise/legacy basically is now. Sad, but funny in a way.
I can't believe someone else in this thread played that game lol

I liked it a lot, but I ran into a weird glitch and got stuck in a tile somewhat early on, this was around 1-2? years ago though.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To be fair, as annoying as the shoo-in thing is, it's nowhere near as convoluted as the Ridley Shadow theories and the 3DS/Wii U connectivity theories that followed right after.
Those are sorta in a class of their own, to be fair.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
i cant imagine a game with sakurai.Like i think a new director would just bow down to fan demands and give us everything we want(character wise).And while thats nice i thnk sakurai unqiueness and flair cant be matched.I mean really how many people could come up with a moveset for DHD as unique as the one we got in smash

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't believe someone else in this thread played that game lol

I liked it a lot, but I ran into a weird glitch and got stuck in a tile somewhat early on, this was around 1-2? years ago though.
I love it, and am playing it right now( well not this very moment). I had to restart when I got my new laptop. It 's actively updated and just had one. It's up to 6 badges with a lot of story now. I'm near the end of it's beta. I love the dialogue, story and concept.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Do you think Sakurai still works like that with DLC development at all?
I wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai is still working crazy hours, but has started working on at least planning his next project.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
i cant imagine a game with sakurai.Like i think a new director would just bow down to fan demands and give us everything we want(character wise).And while thats nice i thnk sakurai unqiueness and flair cant be matched.I mean really how many people could come up with a moveset for DHD as unique as the one we got in smash
I'm gonna put it like this.

Sakurai made the Wii Fit lady a moveset so awesome and 100% fit (no pun intended)
That's incredible and the reason I love her.

Chrono.

I love it, and am playing it right now( well not this very moment). I had to restart when I got my new laptop. It 's actively updated and just had one. It's up to 6 badges with a lot of story now. I'm near the end of it's beta. I love the dialogue, story and concept.
Well, after finals are done I'll be sure to give it another whirl! Hopefully I don't run into any nasty glitches again.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wolf is pretty much this year's Ridley, with some unique quirks.

No teases at all(unless you count SFZ as a tease fsr), yet the community is begging for info regarding the character, a monstrously requested character to boot, with wild, obnoxious theories desperately backed by fans in hopes that they will lead to something, and are characters that will inevitably draw salt whether included or not. People whining about both their inclusion or exclusion, regardless of what happens.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I feel so weird being in the situation I am completely apathetic toward these popular character choices

Wolf returns. Meh

Wolf doesn't return. Meh

Ridley was something to shoot for

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, after finals are done I'll be sure to give it another whirl! Hopefully I don't run into any nasty glitches again.
Cool, it's pretty solid, haven't encountered any glitches. I did meet a box looking for nanomanchines, that I need to investigate though....

Burb

The Absolute Worst

No teases at all(unless you count SFZ as a tease fsr), yet the community is begging for info regarding the character, a monstrously requested character to boot, with wild, obnoxious theories desperately backed by fans in hopes that they will lead to something, and are characters that will inevitably draw salt whether included or not. People whining about both their inclusion or exclusion, regardless of what happens.
K. Rool and Shantae are pretty high up there, too.

D

Deleted member

I have returned from /pol/
I think i'm on a list now.

I've still seen worse.
Pffft, I forgot that it's been so long since I've posted on a normal board that I've realized how desensitized I've become to weird things.

At this point the character DLC drought has been so long that I will take anyone as DLC.
Pretty much. I don't believe in characters replacing slots anyway. I'm happy with more characters regardless even if I want more than others. But even if I don't find certain characters interesting to me, I always appreciate them because I know that these characters always have their sizable amount of fans.

So if a sizable amount of people are happy with the choice, I'm always okay with it. One things fighters do best is have characters that appeal to many types of people.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

I'd just about die of laughter if Snake or any of the pokemon characters came back, because then they'll say Wolf is all but confirmed if they're bringing any of those characters back.

Now I feel sad.

This is pretty cool =)
I've been wanting to go to Nintendo World for so long. I know it's nothing special, but it's just something that I find really cool. I wonder if Plagues of Shadow was there and that's why they play Shovel Knight music? Or the amiibo? Or maybe it's just because it's that good :p.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
K. Rool and Shantae are pretty high up there, too.
Ridley never got a Mii costume(though the outrage if it happened, can you imagine). Shantae I can see why(though Shovel Knight briefly caught up to her with all this leak nonsense).

Ironically enough, with all this deconfirmation bias we're going through, Ridley actually has been deconfirmed for Federation Force.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've completely given up speculating who is getting in Smash DLC a loooooong time ago.

Shoe-in? No such thing.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Anybody wanna to an exercise in social discovery/sharing?

Post any combination of 4 videos and/or images (in spoilers of course) of things you'd like to share. Two have to be things you found interesting/entertaining this week and the others can be anything you as long as it was before this week. Maybe have a small blurb about why you liked it. Basic thread rules apply of course.

I just found this hilarious

It was not the MV I was expecting, but I loved it
.....................................................................................................
A clip from one of my favorite movies. Seriously if you've never watched it (and you're 17+) then JUST DO IT!

I love the Conan O'brian interviews/skits/etc. I was gonna choose my favorite but I didnt have one.

Are you ****ing ****ting on Isabelle? Don't you dare **** on Isabelle!
She is perfection
[Zoroarking]
".....perfection"
Are you implying that there's more to Isabelle then meets the eye?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I've completely given up speculating who is getting in Smash DLC a loooooong time ago.

Shoe-in? No such thing.
You are right, there is no such thing as a shoe-in (Unless you are talking about spiders in Australia....).

But a shoo-in....on the other hand.

To be honest, I only know the proper spelling because of @vaanrose from waaaaay back in the old leak days.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Ridley never got a Mii costume(though the outrage if it happened, can you imagine).
I'm of the belief that Mii Costumes are a bad sign, not a good one.

K. Rool is still viewed as the most likely first party character in spite of receiving a costume that felt like a consolation prize. It strikes me as people being a bit delusional.

D

Deleted member

You are right, there is no such thing as a shoe-in (Unless you are talking about spiders in Australia....).
The only shoe-in is my foot.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LAUGH

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

K. Rool is still viewed as the most likely first party character in spite of receiving a costume that felt like a consolation prize. It strikes me as people being a bit delusional.
I can see the logic of Mii costumes being consolation prizes, really.

Though it's hilarious when people prefer to apply the "costume=/=deconfirmed" logic to KKR instead of the Inklings, like a warped bias is in play.

While we're at it, the sheer outrage of an Isaac Mii costume, though, I can already foresee. Or nothing at all.

"WHY A MII COSTUME"

*meanwhile in universe #4535*

"WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE US A MII COSTUME AT LEAST"

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I find it hilarious that since the time Ryu dropped as DLC for Smash, half the base roster of Street Fighter 5 joined him in that brawl.

And zero people joined him in Smash.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

i'm not the only person who thinks like this.Really this is like the first time i seen anyone besides me say this

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
LET THE SHOVELRY INTENSIFY FRIEND.

EMBRACE.

LOVE.

NOT HATE.
HATE. THERE IS ONLY HATE

It's funny because if it was Shantae music, Bozon or one of the other Wayforward goons would've retweeted it and said "SEE YOU IN SMASH! ;)"
Burb, I love you man but goons is my thing

You got a point though. BUT SHANTAE'S IN SMASH, BECAUSE SOMEONE FROM WAYFORWARD TOOK A PIC FROM SAKURAI; THE MUSIC IS ONLY HELPING THEIR CASE

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I can see the logic of Mii costumes being consolation prizes, really.

Though it's hilarious when people prefer to apply the "costume=/=deconfirmed" logic to KKR instead of the Inklings, like a warped bias is in play.

While we're at it, the sheer outrage of an Isaac Mii costume, though, I can already foresee. Or nothing at all.

"WHY A MII COSTUME"

*meanwhile in universe #4535*

"WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE US A MII COSTUME AT LEAST"
I don't think mii costumes mean anything, but I will admit I can at least understand where the idea of them being consolation prizes comes from. If I can't get Heihachi or Takamaru playable, I would so take the mii costume at least. Some people act like they will always hate mii costumes, but then some few will say, "Why didn't you acknowledge the franchise?!"

Ever since there was the interview with Sakurai saying he considered the idea of Heihachi, I now want to see him playable. Too bad his style of moveset didn't work well for Smash apparently. But hey, if he considered Heihachi, a character from a franchise with 3 games on Nintendo systems, then surely he doesn't care about the amount of games a popular franchise has on Nintendo consoles as long as it's one, right?

What do you mean it sounds like I'm grasping at straws for Snake's viability, I'm not doing that, I swear!

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
All you people are talking like these characters have been disconfirmed.

I swear, if Wolf gets in next month or so, Wolf will be an "out of nowhere" pick with you people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom