• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

All these puns are making me see Red XIII times over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Shiva me timbers, these puns are getting bad.
Well yeah.

It's a Bahamut point.

The worst part is the game would still get an AO rating even with ugly naked people.

Oh the humanity!
But you see N3ON.

Ugly people are funny.

Which is why fiction never lets them win.

Because they're obviously terrible people.

D

Deleted member

So, I was reading news on NinEverything about who Elma's voice actress is, until I had the misfortune to read some comment from a dork user spoiling free Xenoblade X...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I make more than one consecutive post with puns in it I start to question what I'm doing with my life. :p

The worst part is the game would still get an AO rating even with ugly naked people.

Oh the humanity!

Good thing we have CSS theories, who knows how many pesky brain cells we'd have saved without them. xP
Why would they have naked ugly people?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
It shouldn't but if they are going big for Z( such as new pokemon, expanded story and more) then I could see a pushed back announcement. Even Serebii Serebii says that it's probably movie news in corocoro as they get announced around this time and we know that Zygarde is the focus of the next movie. He says it could still be Z but he doesn't think so.
There are a few things that make me think it isn't the movie. I only really put that in there to temper expectations.

After checking my archives, I saw that CoroCoro hasn't spoke about big news in December before so it may be that they're not referring to movie stuff after all.

In addition, for non-movie stuff with people saying "it'll be a spin-off", the fact it says ポケットモンスター rather than ポケモン raises an eyebrow, too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG I just spent hours trying to find this rare yokai and I FINALLY got it

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
so gameonion made a mock up of what the 3ds screen will be with cloud

this means 5 more characters are 100% feesable (read 2 additional pre-ballot along with cloud if hes pre-ballot and 3 ballot reps)

we are in dethcon-5 levels of baseless speculation now
Next page and previous page will take up 2 of those spaces, so the max is actually plus 3, if you want to go by this arbitrary rule.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Next page and previous page will take up 2 of those spaces, so the max is actually plus 3, if you want to go by this arbitrary rule.
at this point im not going to mainly because it would be 4 plus because next page and previous page would not be on the same page

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I guess the annoyance you have when trying to get something rare is worth it when you finally get it

Then it feels so much better

D

Deleted member

Last time we got a character announced before their release date, we got Lucas first and then Roy and mother****ing Ryu
I doubt Cloud is the main course
But what about Wolf? Oh, right you'd lose a bet :p

And what about Pichu? He is in your avatar after all

I did it turned up nothing

But the King of Hyrule!
His ship sails in the morning after all.
Just send Link if he's not back in the morning.
Late reply but

I present to you Garnet from Steven Universe
http://strawpoll.me/6010882

A poll about fanservice.

It's late though. I may post it later so that more people see.
Eh, I honestly don't care but I think it's dumb
Sexualizing characters improves the game in no way and is just there for pandering
I'm not gonna complain like some people did with FE Awakening and Fates for example, but there is no need to have it there
(Note: FE Amie, however, IS necessary)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Unless I'm understanding the mock up wrong, it would all be on the one screen. So they wouldn't actually need to use those front/back page icons. Still, 6 more characters (including Cloud) is double the quantity of the presently expected amount (slots), and I've always said that the CSS doesn't mean anything when you're trying to figure out how many more characters there are. If they wanted 50 more, the CSS wouldn't stop them.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so let me get this straight what we are dealing with here is shrodingers ballot in which
cloud both is and isnt a ballot character and we wont know untill the ballot is revealed
which one he is

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
so let me get this straight what we are dealing with here is shrodingers ballot in which
cloud both is and isnt a ballot character and we wont know untill the ballot is revealed
which one he is
Hopefully we will know by next Thursday (if the upcoming Famitsu column deals with Cloud). If not, then we will know 100% in December.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
They could do it like the stage selection screen, in which the next/previous page button only take up one space.

They could move the DLC characters (including those released so far) to the second page and stick the page icon on the lower right corner just like the SSS.

They could also move one of the characters or the random icon to the second page and replace it with the page button.

They could actually manage to resize the icons so more characters can be fitted in.

Well, it won't be long until we find out how will this be handled.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I do have to say that with Cloud and Ryu, it's pretty obvious that Sakurai is going all out with DLC, not being concerned with "saving a character for the sequel" concerning they would have been perfect examples of characters that could have been saved for the next Smash if Sakurai wasn't going all out with DLC.

Which means that the argument that the Inklings could be left out to save them for the sequel is a moot point.

On a slightly different subject, in the event that Wolf doesn't make it in as DLC for Smash 4 despite Sakurai making them like it is his last contribution to Smash and despite being a viable, relatively easier to make, highly requested Smash veteran, then I'm absolutely certain he is never coming back to Smash consideirng the only reason he wouldn't be in is because Sakurai simply doesn't want him for some odd reason.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
so gameonion made a mock up of what the 3ds screen will be with cloud

this means 5 more characters are 100% feesable (read 2 additional pre-ballot along with cloud if hes pre-ballot and 3 ballot reps)

we are in dethcon-5 levels of baseless speculation now
So, I'm overthinking this based on my limited knowledge on how the roster organization works but,
(images are a little big)

using the 3DS roster, if they were to please the OCD people and integrate the clones and DLC characters into the rest of the roster and have no series broken... Organizing characters in chronological order (via All Star mode) starting with multi-repped series first and eventually filling in single-repped series, I got this. This leaves room for 5 more characters, but creates limits. The first row could only add one character, and they would have to be Mario/Wario/Yoshi rep, or a repless series (other) older than Game & Watch. Second row could have a DK, Zelda, or Metroid rep (or other), but there could be only one. Third row could have up to any combination of 2 Kid Icarus and/or Fire Emblem characters, or other. Fourth row could have up to 3, from Kirby, Star Fox, and/or Mother (or other). Fifth row could have up to 4 Pokemon or new series reps, and the final row could have up to 3 new series reps, including third parties. Any existing single-repped series getting a new character could cause a ruckus, I haven't thought that through.

For an example, King K Rool, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Inklings, and Banjo-Kazooie could fit. Ice Climbers + stage and Wolf could be pre-ballot with Cloud and the others could all be ballot.
3DS

Wii U
So yeah. Probably just wasted a lot of time and thought on a hypothetical set of made up rules, but I got intrigued.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Topic involving Binding of Issac Afterbirth?

I'm glad the hidden character ended up being the Keeper instead of that weird old dude dataminers found.

I'm waiting for Fanart to use the keeper as an avi. I want the Afterbirth dlc so bad but no steam money.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Topic involving Binding of Issac Afterbirth?

I'm glad the hidden character ended up being the Keeper instead of that weird old dude dataminers found.

I'm waiting for Fanart to use the keeper as an avi. I want the Afterbirth dlc so bad but no steam money.
I'm not thrilled about having to donate so much to the greed machine. Why the hell can it jam randomly?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With the exception of Pac-Man just about every 3rd party character has been a big WTF moment.

Snake: a 3rd party? An M rated 3rd party even?
Sonic: My inner 90's kid spontaneously combusted

Mega Man: Holy Crap! He's back!
Pac-Man: Lesser example but that they used the classic design.
Ryu: I thought no Fighting games!?
Cloud: Sony's boy? What's next Master Chief?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
With the exception of Pac-Man just about every 3rd party character has been a big WTF moment.

Snake getting back would be a huge surprise.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can believe that Migard can still be tournament legal.

Now hear me out.
There's a possibility that the materia that activates the summons can be cancelled out if items are turned off or if they can be ignored.

But it's all just up in the air.

Outside of maybe Sonic and mostly Snake who started them, most of the third party choices were pretty obvious of think about it from this perspective.

:snake:: Opens the door of possibilities
:4sonic:: Show how much fan demand can help bring that character in and was the arch rival to Mario in the 90s
:4megaman:: Same situation as Sonic and is still Capcom's mascot no matter what happens
:4pacman:: Namco-Bandai's help on the development + an old request from Miyamoto back in Brawl= What did you think was gonna happen?
:4ryu:: Sakurai's love for fighting games, the influence SF had for Smash back during the 64 days, the showing of the strong relationship Capcom has with Nintendo and pretty much the face of fighting games
:4cloud:: FF made its home on Nintendo systems, the strong and massive relationship Square and Nintendo have for years to come and using the face of their company and flagship franchise

They all happen if you just think about who would a company rep in a Smash Bros game except for Snake.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Letting all you N-Zoners know, PushDustIn PushDustIn and I have a bet going on.

I say there will be other Sqaure-Enix content added to the game (likely Mii costumes).

He says Cloud, Midgar, and the Chocobo costumes are it.

Winner gets a month of avatar control over the loser.

IT'S ON.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Cloud's inclusion is kinda starting to change my stance on Snake.

Previously, I both expected he wouldn't return and pretty much didn't want him to. I thought he just didn't fit in with what I saw as the dream 3rd party line-up: Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man. Both in appearance and significance to Nintendo, you gotta admit Snake stands out a lot from those three. But now with Ryu and especially Cloud, he doesn't seem that out of place. I mean, he still has the whole realistic modern weapons thing and all, but the significance to Nintendo thing isn't a consistent factor among the third parties anymore, and we have two other human 3rd parties.

My stance on his likeliness hasn't changed much, however. I still think that his exclusion from the initial roster and DLC up to this point indicates that there's either some issues preventing him from being in the game or that Sakurai doesn't want him back for whatever reason (like maybe "Konami").

D

Deleted member

I say there will be other Sqaure-Enix content added to the game (likely Mii costumes).

IT'S ON.
I'm rooting for you then :p

Mega Man would have been a bigger surprise if Sakurai hadn't said "a Capcom character might appear in the game" which basically confirmed him for me

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So it's kinda a HS question. But who here have reaching the upload limit in SMM but still creating some level until they can upload more? Because for me, that's the case. But i have to admit that, since i have to wait before uploading my level. It give me more time to change, add thing or just testing my level. So it's actually a good thing for me.

(By the way, the two level i have made are:

1: A level based off The Temporal Tower in PDM.

And

2: A level called "The Revenge Of Vile". Which have some Metroidvania element in it.)

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So, I'm overthinking this based on my limited knowledge on how the roster organization works but,
(images are a little big)

using the 3DS roster, if they were to please the OCD people and integrate the clones and DLC characters into the rest of the roster and have no series broken... Organizing characters in chronological order (via All Star mode) starting with multi-repped series first and eventually filling in single-repped series, I got this. This leaves room for 5 more characters, but creates limits. The first row could only add one character, and they would have to be Mario/Wario/Yoshi rep, or a repless series (other) older than Game & Watch. Second row could have a DK, Zelda, or Metroid rep (or other), but there could be only one. Third row could have up to any combination of 2 Kid Icarus and/or Fire Emblem characters, or other. Fourth row could have up to 3, from Kirby, Star Fox, and/or Mother (or other). Fifth row could have up to 4 Pokemon or new series reps, and the final row could have up to 3 new series reps, including third parties. Any existing single-repped series getting a new character could cause a ruckus, I haven't thought that through.

For an example, King K Rool, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Inklings, and Banjo-Kazooie could fit. Ice Climbers + stage and Wolf could be pre-ballot with Cloud and the others could all be ballot.
3DS

Wii U
So yeah. Probably just wasted a lot of time and thought on a hypothetical set of made up rules, but I got intrigued.
Aside from the fact that the roster you have here with K Rool, Inkling and Banjo on top of Cloud is awesome.
"Ice Climbers + stage and Wolf could be pre-ballot with Cloud and the others could all be ballot."
This.
I don't know how I would react to this.
Ice Climbers coming back after a full year near the very end of DLC with more than likely the worked on Summit.
Along with Wolf as well.
I would be in Smiles and Tears.
All my Brawl mains would be back.

:4lucas::wolf::popo:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
So I learned something interesting last night from the Did You Know Gaming on Mario Maker. And I think it is worth some discussion here.

There was an Amiibo entry/Mario Costume found in the game's coding for Popo the Ice Climber. Once people found the data, they patched the game to hide it.

Now, I'm not saying the Ice Climbers may have a chance after this. But think of it this way.

The Triforce Heroes Mario Costume shows that they are open to more than one character being represented in a costume. In that case, why would a planned Popo Costume not include Nana?

Because Popo is coming as Smash DLC.

Crazy theory. Probably not anywhere close to true. But I wanted you guy's thoughts on it. Been awhile since I looked for some straws to grasp.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hey question:

Do you guys think that this will be the update that they add the custom movesets to DLC fighters?

IT'S ON.
I want me a piece of that bet. #TeamSpazzy_D

D

Deleted member

So I learned something interesting last night from the Did You Know Gaming on Mario Maker. And I think it is worth some discussion here.

There was an Amiibo entry/Mario Costume found in the game's coding for Popo the Ice Climber. Once people found the data, they patched the game to hide it.

Now, I'm not saying the Ice Climbers may have a chance after this. But think of it this way.

The Triforce Heroes Mario Costume shows that they are open to more than one character being represented in a costume. In that case, why would a planned Popo Costume not include Nana?

Crazy theory. Probably not anywhere close to true. But I wanted you guy's thoughts on it. Been awhile since I looked for some straws to grasp.
Balloon Fighter, NintenDogs and Windows Logo confirmed

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly I'd love this. People can cry foul all they want, but a solo Popo would be more accurate to the source material honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom