• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like the general concept Super Princess Peach as far as flipping the damsel trope on its head but it ended up being a bit too on the nose for me to enjoy.

I have to imagine the brainstorming session for that game went pretty much like this.

Peach -> woman -> emotions -> done.

I'm not usually one to unnecessarily involve the topics of sexism in video games, and I don't wish to have this thread devolve back into that kind of discussion, but SPP still comes off a bit insulting. Like Peach finally gets her own game as protagonist, and making her emotionally unstable is the best they could do.

Also having to collect all the Toads in that game before getting to fight Bowser was silly.

The Vibe Scepter is pretty funny though. Subtle Nintendo.
I thought it was still pretty fun

I found the whole thing completely sexist though and couldn't believe it existed

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I just...

If you lead with Cloud Strife obliterating everyone's minds.

If he's the appetizer? What do you suppose is the main course?

If you start with fresh lobster imported from Maine? What's next?
Banjo and kazooie.Literally the only character that can top cloud is Banjo and kazooie.I never even played there games and that's what i believe.Like Banjo if cloud didn't already would destroy the little speculation we have left

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just...

Serious answer?

No one is supposed to outdo Cloud. :4cloud:

He's the headliner.

I expect the other characters to not be as big of a deal.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You top Cloud with Lightning. :troll:

Shroob

Sup?
Serious answer?

No one is supposed to outdo Cloud. :4cloud:

He's the headliner.

I expect the other characters to not be as big of a deal.
I 100% agree with this. I believe Cloud was the hook to get people not that into Smash to tune into the Direct. The other characters who will be revealed won't even be a fraction as huge as Cloud.

I really wonder how many people are legitimately supporting Master Chief now. . .im seeing his name brought up (seemingly without sarcasm) a lot now.

I think maybe one too many Limit's were broken.
And I say this as a supporter of him.

Although maybe in a month everyone will stop bringing him up. That seems like a logical ending.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You're joking

I couldn't understand a single thing he said!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wouldn't be to surprised if cloud is just to lure people into the presentation and is the big reveal, but I have a feeling he is indeed just the appetizer and that the main course who have some strong 1st party representation( whether it be wolf and newcomers or just wolf) and maybe 1 more shocking 3rd party; who at this point I'd say Banjo or Crash could work well, with Banjo more likely due to more support in the ballot( although I'd want Crash more even though Banjo is still really good).

Ivander

Smash Legend
I 100% agree with this. I believe Cloud was the hook to get people not that into Smash to tune into the Direct. The other characters who will be revealed won't even be a fraction as huge as Cloud.
I think that also depends on which characters are revealed. I mean, none of the 3rd Party characters revealed were ever in a little light. Every 3rd Party reveal was huge in one way or another.
-Snake for being the 1st 3rd Party to enter Smash Bros and for being a real unexpected character. Also, because it was Snake.
-Sonic for simply being Sonic, the one that everybody wanted in to be able to fight with and against Mario, since Nintendo vs Sega was still a fresh memory.
-Megaman for being revealed as the 1st 3rd party for Smash 4, for being the 2nd 3rd Party character that people really wanted in Brawl, yet didn't appear and for appearing in a time where Megaman was being neglected by Capcom and everybody was wanting him to come back with a bang. Not to mention the amount of people practically going nuts for him using his Final Smash during the Championship.
-Pac-Man for being Pac-Man, a gaming legend and for appearing alongside other fellow gaming legends Mario, Sonic and Megaman. Also, people were happy it was Pac-Man with his World design rather than Ghostly Adventures.
-Ryu for being Ryu and for really blowing people away with his moveset. I mean, even when he was leaked, it didn't stop all of the hype from not happening, especially when we got to see how he would play.
-And Cloud for being Cloud and unlike Ryu, he was not leaked and no one saw him coming, so like Snake, he was a real unexpected character. Also, I'm sure Link Vs Cloud is still a thing.
Really, even if a couple of them were shoo-ins, it didn't stop them from being huge when they were revealed. So if another 3rd Party was revealed, it will be huge. Might not be as big as Cloud, but depending on the character, it could be pretty close. Nintendo characters, yeah. Wouldn't even compare. King K. Rool, maybe. But the only Nintendo character I could ever see being as big as Cloud would be Ridley.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Even if Cloud had been leaked, I would have thought the thought was full of crap

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I just...

I think he's the main course and the broadcast will be desserts.
It's a delicious dessert - you'll definitely want to dig in right away once you see it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That moment you run into a rare yokai, feed it it's favorite food, have Casunova

And the music continues after the EXP screen...

Only for one of the none rare yokai it was with want to join you instead...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ya know, I wonder if they cut Shiva out of the summons rotation in Midgar due to her not wearing much in the likes of clothing.

D

Deleted member

Ya know, I wonder if they cut Shiva out of the summons rotation in Midgar due to her not wearing much in the likes of clothing.
I understand the sentiment, but let's be real. We have Samus and her perfect and large rear with her skin tight suit and large breasts in the game. Shiva isn't really doing anything much worse.

Shroob

Sup?
I understand the sentiment, but let's be real. We have Samus and her perfect and large rear with her skin tight suit and large breasts in the game. Shiva isn't really doing anything much worse.
And yet they cut the Tharja trophy for showing her booty.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't know why yuffie like making such puns but after have red this post I'm finding it hard to barret.
Aw...but I summoned everything I had to make those puns and---
You know what, nevermind. I don't even Final Fantasy so I think I've reached my limit with the puns. I'll take a break now.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You can stick guns in any game E10 and up but if you want to have an completely uncensored natural human body the game will be rated AO. Because of the human organ known as skin. I mean if the body didn't have skin it'd probably only be rated M. Maybe even T.

Society is ****ed. >_<

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You can stick guns in any game E10 and up but if you want to have an completely uncensored natural human body the game will be rated AO. Because of the human organ known as skin. I mean if the body didn't have skin it'd probably only be rated M. Maybe even T.

Society is ****ed. >_<
You don't understand.

It's that darn sexiness!

How can I play video games if I'm distracted by slightly attractive people with normal proportions showing off a bit of skin for often not sexual reasons.

It's distracting!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You don't understand.

It's that darn sexiness!

How can I play video games if I'm distracted by slightly attractive people with normal proportions showing off a bit of skin for often not sexual reasons.

It's distracting!
Better keep your vines in your pants, bro. :p

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so gameonion made a mock up of what the 3ds screen will be with cloud

this means 5 more characters are 100% feesable (read 2 additional pre-ballot along with cloud if hes pre-ballot and 3 ballot reps)

we are in dethcon-5 levels of baseless speculation now

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Society is ****ed. >_<
You were on such a roll with those Final Fantasy puns and you didn't go for Ti-****ed?

Shroob

Sup?

this means 5 more characters are 100% feesable (read 2 additional pre-ballot along with cloud if hes pre-ballot and 3 ballot reps)

Pretty sure we'll just get a 2nd page for DLC characters on the 3DS. A button was datamined ages ago.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You were on such a roll with those Final Fantasy puns and you didn't go for Ti-****ed?
If I make more than one consecutive post with puns in it I start to question what I'm doing with my life. :p

You don't understand.

It's that darn sexiness!

It's distracting!
The worst part is the game would still get an AO rating even with ugly naked people.

Oh the humanity!

Good thing we have CSS theories, who knows how many pesky brain cells we'd have saved without them. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom