• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, and Frostwraith Frostwraith , while you're here:

Just finished the anime. It didn't disappoint.

I figured out the killer around episode 7, but the mystery wasn't the biggest thing about the story, it was the characters themselves.

It reminded me of Steins;Gate, if several twists were taken/the protag had fewer chances.
Yeah, Erased has very memorable characters.

The whole "who's the killer" thing was kinda easy to figure out... Though I admit I did spoil myself beforehand, but the hints were there nonetheless.

Now, go watch Joker Game. :p It won't disappoint. I've only watched 3 episodes of it and I'm liking it a lot already. Great premise and characters.

In other news, I completed the main story of Hyrule Warriors Legends and unlocked Cia.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Oh yeah, in case any of you are wondering how long it takes to just get through every possible level in Star Fox Zero (a.k.a. a casual playthrough), here is my time...

Last edited:

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Nothing's really happening so I'll just ask a weird question

anyone remember those Goomba sounds from Mario Super Sluggers

They should have brought those back

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yeah, Erased has very memorable characters.

The whole "who's the killer" thing was kinda easy to figure out... Though I admit I did spoil myself beforehand, but the hints were there nonetheless.

Now, go watch Joker Game. :p It won't disappoint. I've only watched 3 episodes of it and I'm liking it a lot already. Great premise and characters.

In other news, I completed the main story of Hyrule Warriors Legends and unlocked Cia.
Congratulations.
I'm currently trying to finish the Lv3 weapons on the Master Quest map

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I just received a notification on my 3DS, apparently YO-KAI WATCH is finally out now in Europe (Haven't really been following this game's release to be honest so I didn't know its out already)

Is it worth giving it a go or....?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just received a notification on my 3DS, apparently YO-KAI WATCH is finally out now in Europe (Haven't really been following this game's release to be honest so I didn't know its out already)

I mean from what I hear the game is very good and polished and all that.

It's just a matter of tastes really.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
. . .Is this related to merchandising?

Because while the Sonic Twitter leaves one under the preemptive assumption that this could just be an extended joke, it does seem like it could be used for merchandising.
I believe that is the purpose of it, actually.

It's all a bit vague right now though. Like I don't know if you can buy any of this just yet.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Oh, and Frostwraith Frostwraith , while you're here:

Just finished the anime. It didn't disappoint.

I figured out the killer around episode 7, but the mystery wasn't the biggest thing about the story, it was the characters themselves.

It reminded me of Steins;Gate, if several twists were taken/the protag had fewer chances.
Seeing this post made me finish watching Erased.

And it was a good thing it did. That ending was so damn satisfying.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Honestly, I'll say wait for the sequel and seeing what they changed.
Watch some videos to get a judge.
But for being a "Gain 'em and train 'em" rpg.
Both catching yokai and battling with them are not of the norm and are handled in ways that are a bit off-putting.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Honestly, I'll say wait for the sequel and seeing what they changed.
Watch some videos to get a judge.
But for being a "Gain 'em and train 'em" rpg.
Both catching yokai and battling with them are not of the norm and are handled in ways that are a bit off-putting.
Thanks, I guess I'll watch some gameplay video's and see what I'll make of it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Anyone play bravely second yet? It's in store here so I was considering it

Some of the new classes seemed stupidly gimmicky from what I've seen.

But I guess it depends more on how it plays

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Bowder."

Found a typo. :p
I don't know

I think Bowder made a lot of sense as a considered fighter!
:p

And in addition to that article
PushDustIn PushDustIn

Sakurai said:
“To tell the truth, it’s because I wanted Geno to be a playable character. He has a gun for a hand, and I think he fits in really well with Smash. During Brawl, I thought it would be great if I could add him, but in the end it didn’t become a reality.”
This line is interesting.

So basically Sakurai really liked Geno and so this could mean he actually could happen in any game.... Maybe they could build off of Cloud if this is still true.

By which I mean, Cloud's sales, Square's relationship with Nintendo, and any potential partnership formed with the NX, we could actually see Geno playable.
They could keep good relations and seeing Cloud's popularity, and the popularity of Geno, they could actually make this happen to benefit both parties. Plus Geno would be really unique, and it could lead to another Mario rpg maybe.

This could also show Sakurai( as with Bayonnetta) that not all 3rd parties need to be massive or super iconic. Which opens a whole world of possibility in smash.

Neat!

It's also kind of funny that he addressed Reggie or Iwata being playable, and actually thought that maybe real world people could work.

Thanks for the hard work and translations!

This is interesting

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever

i am not responsible for this Sick Joke

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man.

We're so close to the final stretch goal of £32K for Summer of Sonic.

Problem is, they are sold out of tickets now...

Though you can still get the T-shirts for £15 at least.

Here's the link to the Kickstarter if anyone still feels like contributing.

I have a fear that the final stretch goal will be "Playable demo of 25th Anniversary Sonic game", but we'll just miss that. :\

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tbird/the-summer-of-sonic-uk-fan-convention-one-more-run

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So you mean to tell me that we almost had more Rare trophies (including Conker) in Melee?

Reminds me more of how badly Rare have gotten since the Microsoft buyout.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So you mean to tell me that we almost had more Rare trophies (including Conker) in Melee?

Reminds me more of how badly Rare have gotten since the Microsoft buyout.
Well we don't know if Conker would have been included for sure. Just Rare trophies. Maybe @TheAnvil can ask the guys at Playtonic!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

I cry every time.

The worst part is Conker being completely unaware of the terrible future he would have with Microsoft.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
B) That ~2001 model of Banjo is a better one than in Nuts & Bolts
I have no idea why they couldn't use that model for Nuts and Bolts. It seems like a natural progression from the N64 Banjo model and would have worked just fine.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I cry every time.

The worst part is Conker being completely unaware of the terrible future he would have with Microsoft.
Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Nuts & Bolts, Kinect sports games, Young Conker, censorship in Conker Live & Reloaded, etc.

Yep, totally a good direction for Rare since the buyout.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Should Nuts and Bolts have been a Banjo game? Absolutely not, but I enjoyed it for what it was.
Pretty much.

I honestly didn't feel compelled to go through the story missions other than to get new parts, as I didn't think they were that interesting. However, it was such a fun game to mess around with. It was almost LBP-like in that regard.

Nuts and Bolts is a surprisingly fun little game. There are a few annoying missions, but most of them are really fun. All the references to old Banjo games are a nice perk too.

I still say it was heavily changed from its original concept into what it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom