• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People were mad because they were "promised" a Banjo game in the style of Banjo and got Nuts and Bolts instead

They probably wouldn't have been as mad

If this trailer didn't exist, for example

Edit:

So, Brad Jones reviewed Ratchet and Clank

According to him, it has the quality of a made for TV nickelodeon movie, it looks like something that would have usually been direct to DVD

He also said it's the movie equivilant of waving keys in front of the audience. A toddler might take interest in it, but no one else

WARNING, potential swearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvQ6nv_x58

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

I cry every time.

The worst part is Conker being completely unaware of the terrible future he would have with Microsoft.
If by terrible you mean, under-used. The only Conker games published by Microsoft were Live and Reloaded which was a great remake of the original, and that Project Spark thing, which, yeah that was bad.

People keep talking about how Microsoft ruined Rare, but when I look at Microsoft franchises, a lot of them are actually great, if not, at least decent. And no, Microsoft doesn't only do Halo and Gears of War. I think the issue is more Rare themselves rather than Microsoft

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If by terrible you mean, under-used. The only Conker games published by Microsoft were Live and Reloaded which was a great remake of the original, and that Project Spark thing, which, yeah that was bad.

People keep talking about how Microsoft ruined Rare, but when I look at Microsoft franchises, a lot of them are actually great, if not, at least decent. And no, Microsoft doesn't only do Halo and Gears of War. I think the issue is more Rare themselves rather than Microsoft
The one Rare series that had a great revival as of late, Killer Instinct, wasn't made by Rare

So, I agree it's probably a problem with Rare.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Microsoft put Rare on some pretty **** projects, Kinect games and the like.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm still waiting for my Battletoads reboot

That'd get me on XBOX over PS4 or whatever number they are on

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I just recently learned about "Trans humanism"

and I find it really stupid.

What do I care if a copy of my brainwave patterns exists after I die, if I still die.

**** if I care the world continues to know my copies thoughts and feelings.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If you guys haven't seen, we have updated the Definitive Unused Fighter List. Let us know what you think (any issues?).

http://sourcegaming.info/2016/04/29/duflupdate/

In one week or so, we will spoiler tag the old one and replace it with this new one.
Under Misinformation for Smash 64 do you think you could mention Peach? That's a character that a lot of people still believe was supposed to be in Smash 64. Even big channels like DidYouKnowGaming? and The Game Theroists state it like it's fact.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Most of Rare's employees packed up and left after the purchase, which is why it went downhill like this.

I think Microsoft does have some responsibility for being unable to keep Rare's most important people with them. And after that happened they didn't bother to salvage what was left, either.

:231:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Most of Rare's employees packed up and left after the purchase, which is why it went downhill like this.

I think Microsoft does have some responsibility for being unable to keep Rare's most important people with them. And after that happened they didn't bother to salvage what was left, either.

Maybe they have responsibility since they own Rare now, but it's still up to Rare to pull it's weight. If the studio went to the ****ter, it's Rare's fault unless Microsoft pulled some nasty things behind scenes, which I doubt. Microsoft lost the majority of Bungie to Destiny and 343i was still able to put out amazing products, provided you're okay with Call of Duty: Halo Warfare (Halo 4). Halo 5 is probably the best Halo multiplayer wise if you ignore the lack of split-screen (which I don't blame them for removing). And Killer Instinct reboot was made by a completely different developer and it's also extremely good. Again, I feel the issue is with Rare themselves.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I need those amiibo.

Holy **** those are awesome.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Don't understand why NoA refuses to let you get amiibo separately. It's always mandatory to get it in a bundle.
And they don't properly stock them, either. I bet it'll be easier for us Americans to get the Squid Sister amiibo, individually, imported from Japan versus getting them both in a bundle locally.

Has anyone found a decently sized version of those Callie and Marie renders tho? I hear my Roster Maker calling.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Edit:

So, Brad Jones reviewed Ratchet and Clank

According to him, it has the quality of a made for TV nickelodeon movie, it looks like something that would have usually been direct to DVD

He also said it's the movie equivilant of waving keys in front of the audience. A toddler might take interest in it, but no one else

WARNING, potential swearing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzvQ6nv_x58
Well it IS Rainmaker Studios. They only had one other theatrical movie and that was "Escape from Planet Earth". Anything else is either an old as **** TV show, or direct-to-DVD (shouldn't it be blu-ray now?). They're masters at that stuff.

Who could ever forget classic tales such as "Stuart Little 3: Call of the Wild" or over 15 different Barbie films or the "Bob the Builder" 2015 reboot

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
"Tasty Textures"
"Delicious Details"
"Savoury Sparkles"

They know what they are doing.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Still waiting for an amiibo worth the price.

Maybe I should buy Twilight Princess HD with the Wolf Link figure, it seems to have a nice reward, especially with the Zelda U connectivity.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Squid sisters amiibos eh?

They look pretty decent though, especially the transluscent sparkley textures on their dresses(?)...they are a maybe, I only have the Inkling girl amiibo atm, but I'm not really going out of my way to collect all of the splatoon amiibos, maybe I'll grab a Marie if I find it...

I'm still waiting for them to re-release :4samus: though...As well as release the eventual :4cloud:...

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
"Tasty Textures"
"Delicious Details"
"Savoury Sparkles"
I know. Gee, What's up with the innuendo-filled trailer?

And as for the Definitive Unused Fighters List topic, Geno being screwed over was the only logical conclusion. A requirement of any third-party character is that both parties must be inetrested in the character, and Square-Enix couldn't give a toss about Geno, so of course they wouldn't be on board with the idea of having a character like that representing their company in a huge video game crossover franchise like Smash. If anything, they would be more willing to push for a character that could promote on of their more recent games.

Also, Chrom should be under the seriously considered column because the idea that he was planned is nothing more than a theory, rather than confirmed facts from Sakurai.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
Here's MY question.
Why Splatoon wave Amiibo when the game's almost a year old and we're meant to be at the end of the new content?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Man.
Here's MY question.
Why Splatoon wave Amiibo when the game's almost a year old and we're meant to be at the end of the new content?
>implying the time matters when making something a lot of people have been asking for

They're making them because they are merchandise that will sell out.

I mean it's quite clear they didn't give a crap about what they did in-game. They unlock songs that you can listen to and let you activate the Squid Sisters Festival dances at any time. One half of that is something YouTube will already provide, the other is something that most fans of the game have seen umpteen times already and can also look at YouTube videos of.

I mean I know there isn't much they could have done with them, but they could have at least made it so that you get a Callie/Marie skin or costume.

I'm not a Yoshi main for nothin':yoshi:
>Fetishising Yoshi

I'M A YOSHI MAIN TOO BUT PLS

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
There are also new colours of the original trio of amiibo
Well, I won't deny the amiibo look good, but all they do is unlock songs and dancing animations. That's basically nothing. And for 25 bucks? Seriously Nintendo?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Because it makes money
Missed opportunity.
You could have used either the "It pronts money!" or the "We've got to have... money." one. :p

Anyway, those amiibos look beautiful. Maybe I'll have money to import one when Splatoon NX comes out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom