• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Use the metric system, damnit, I can't understand your comparisons if they just look like random numbers
Hey man, give or take 10 feet and you'll find the 4 quarts in our 3 ton system.

(Does that make sense to anyone else? No? Me too.)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So this little indie RPG at PAX has an Iwata tribute.

Not sure how I feel about the game itself, but it's a nice little gesture.

D

Deleted member

Alright, let's update my data and see if I have any new rewar--
"Ganglari"
Wha--
"16 Mt"
This is not how I remembered it
"Lower's wielder's HP by 20% after attacking"
This is definitely not how I remember it
Unfortunately, only Xander and Odin have any reason to use it, but Odin is a Swordmaster and Xander already has a nice personal weapon already
Well, it's not like he carries many items anyways so might as well leave him with it

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
So I was going back through my tweets I missed today after school and I noticed this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I have to wonder whether she means superior as in just some graphical and framerate upgrades or if we are getting brand new content just for the NX version.
The realist in me believes that this only means it's going to have graphical upgrades and a couple of 3DS stages added in along with the IC's (maybe Wolf/Inklings as well) but the optimist in me wants to believe that we could get like 5-7 ballot characters in the game that were high up on the Ballot but came up short.

At this point of time, i'm more willing to subscribe to the first option then I am the second one. It's a lot more plausible really.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Chadow The .jpg :'(

Also I just Sonic as a coworker... He just keeps saying "Gotta go fast" and leaves rings everywhere!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I was going back through my tweets I missed today after school and I noticed this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I have to wonder whether she means superior as in just some graphical and framerate upgrades or if we are getting brand new content just for the NX version.
Everyone else is focusing on what this means for Smash, and I'm sitting here going, "Oh, well they said there would be an Animal Crossing game that would interact with the app, and since they didn't say what game it was then there's a good chance it's an NX launch title Animal Crossing, so this system will sell much better then!"

I mean, I'm interested in what this means, but we've talked about what a Smash port would be like a dozen times already. Nobody talks about the NX getting an Animal Crossing based sales boost.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Everyone else is focusing on what this means for Smash, and I'm sitting here going, "Oh, well they said there would be an Animal Crossing game that would interact with the app, and since they didn't say what game it was then there's a good chance it's an NX launch title Animal Crossing, so this system will sell much better then!"

I mean, I'm interested in what this means, but we've talked about what a Smash port would be like a dozen times already. Nobody talks about the NX getting an Animal Crossing based sales boost.
Somehow I don't think Animal Crossing is the big system seller the NX would need.

Might be a cool launch title to have though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sonic the Hedgehog....

...so the secret is out. :4sonic:
Lol the irony. What was also funny was that Tama got shadow the hedgehog apparently.

And I saw that Axiom game on NX.

If true, it's interesting that there is an Indie game as an launch title.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Somehow I don't think Animal Crossing is the big system seller the NX would need.

Might be a cool launch title to have though.
Yeaaaah, none of those games she listed that she said crippled the Wii U for not being there really would be except Zelda.

Still, it should make a pretty helpful support title alongside aforementioned Zelda and the 3D Mario that's apparently been in production a while. And it's certainly more of a system seller than anything that released for the Wii U's launch.

I remember when people complained that New Super Mario Bros U was just another New Super Mario Bros game just like on their Wii, so they had no reason to upgrade, and that they wanted a 3D Mario instead. Let's hope that giving them what they asked for might help and that they don't start moving goalposts.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
At this point, I don't think any game will be a system seller. System sellers usually only work towards the beginning of the cycle. I think there have been a few examples of awesome games that did poorly because the install base was just so low that nobody cared. And once you announce that a new console is coming out the next year, you've killed any chance of the current console getting better sales.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Hyrule Warriors is so much fun.

I've unlocked Agitha, Zant and Tingle today. The roster is looking amazing so far.

But why the hell is Agitha in the game, of all Twilight Princess characters besides Midna and Zant?

Why her? I can only assume she's in for the WTF factor, just like Wii Fit Trainer in Smash. lol

I mean, all other characters play important roles in their games, so Agitha kinda sticks like a sore thumb since she's only part of a side quest and may not even be noticed in a playthrough. (That may have been intentional, I guess...)

I'll be honest, though, the Hero's Shade would have been a cool addition.

This twitter is amazing as always!

I'm Silver the Echidna, what's yours?
Mine is Sonic the Enchilada. :rotfl:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH TO THE KING

I finally beaten Legends mode

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I've unlocked Agitha, Zant and Tingle today. The roster is looking amazing so far.

But why the hell is Agitha in the game, of all Twilight Princess characters besides Midna and Zant?

Why her? I can only assume she's in for the WTF factor, just like Wii Fit Trainer in Smash. lol

I mean, all other characters play important roles in their games, so Agitha kinda sticks like a sore thumb since she's only part of a side quest and may not even be noticed in a playthrough. (That may have been intentional, I guess...)

Haha, that works to well. I could see a fanfic on that.
GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH TO THE KING

I finally beaten Legends mode
Now beat all the adventure maps.

And I just checked the 3ds theme shop:

Star Fox Zero has a cool theme, but even better:

PLAGUE KNIGHT AND SHOVEL KNIGHT HAVE THEIR OWN THEMES!

Plague Knight has on based on him, while SK has a Campfire Theme.

They look amazing!

D

Deleted member

This twitter is amazing as always!

I'm Silver the Echidna, what's yours?
So I'm Sonic the Enchilada. That must be way past cool.

I don't want a Smash NX anywhere near the NX's launch. It would very much look like cash grab.

Wait a year or so. Add some stuff. Make it its own version, not just a port.

:231:
I fully agree with this. Though I've already stated my reasons as to why, so there's that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

If I recall correctly. Agitha was a personal favourite character of the dev's so they decided to include her for fun or something along those lines.

I believe they did a similar thing with Skull Kid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom