• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So we're on the subject of Anti-Cloud(Lightning)?

The way her story is handled was at least done better than Other M (even if it was weaker in comparison to previously beloved games like VI and VII). And I've come to terms that the XIII saga is pretty overhated as of now.
It's not so much overhated as it is that the nerdy, core FF fanbase has their knickers in a twist about it.

Most normies think it's fine.

Also I don't get where the Other M comparison comes from.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I really don't get the whole "developers, not gamers" thing because it goes blatantly against common sense when it comes to creative development. Famous chefs need to eat good food to get more inspiration. You can't become a good writer if you don't read a lot. Good luck becoming a director if you haven't seen many movies.

Seriously. It's just bafflingly stupid.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I really don't get the whole "developers, not gamers" thing because it goes blatantly against common sense when it comes to creative development. Famous chefs need to eat good food to get more inspiration. You can't become a good writer if you don't read a lot. Good luck becoming a director if you haven't seen many movies.

I THINK the line of logic is meant to be that, developers are an evolution of what a gamer is. As if the know more and transcend the existence of a gamer.

To a degree, it's true that developers know more than someone who's just a gamer, but the whole tagline ultimately comes off as really egotistical and pretentious.

This is coming from someone who considers themselves a developer, and a gamer.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
"We are developers, not gamers" - Wow. Kinda implies that they make games because it's their job rather than making games because they love gaming and the gaming community.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

His point seemed to be that developers (I.E. him) can't enjoy playing video games anymore because knowing how the mechanics work has tainted any chance of their enjoying them. And that this meant that being a game developer means you've grown out of liking video games.

He also went on about how certain movie directors hated movies, so that should make it OK for him to not like video games. And that some game developer (Which he mentioned has since shut down. HM, WONDER WHY.) hated video games, and that said developer was a big inspiration for him. And that it was alright for game developers to hate video games, because that just meant they were going to try to "fix" them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I THINK the line of logic is meant to be that, developers are an evolution of what a gamer is. As if the know more and transcend the existence of a gamer.

To a degree, it's true that developers know more than someone who's just a gamer, but the whole tagline ultimately comes off as really egotistical and pretentious.

This is coming from someone who considers themselves a developer, and a gamer.
I can kind of get that line of logic, but I see the whole gamer/developer thing as a sort of square/rectangle thing. Like, you can be a gamer without being a developer, but in general you need to a gamer if you're a developer (or at least one that knows what they're doing), IMO. More of an upgrade than a transcendence, in other words.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Also I don't get where the Other M comparison comes from.
How Lightning develops from a hardened badass into a mother within the course of the trilogy. The way it's handled is much better than MO:M Samus who spends the entire game grieving over the Baby's death and puts up with Adam's "authority" until the end. There were some aspects of Other M I really wanted to like, but the whole story is a complete mess.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
How Lightning develops from a hardened badass into a mother within the course of the trilogy. The way it's handled is much better than MO:M Samus who spends the entire game grieving over the Baby's death and puts up with Adam's "authority" until the end. There were some aspects of Other M I really wanted to like, but the whole story is a complete mess.
Well, the mother aspect is mostly contained within FFXIII and not the sequels. It sort of takes a backseat in the later two game, especially in FFXIII-2 since Lightning herself takes a major backseat in general in FFXIII-2.

Her whole arc in FFXIII-2 and LR, is more about trying to regain her humanity and re-unite with her sister after being essentially forced to play Jesus, or god against her will.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really liked the ds version of ff4 because the abilities let you customize the characters a bunch. Made Cecil a tank and enemies only attacked him.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The actual image was colorless so the coloring on it is at most guess work
Well it was slightly colored, there were 3 shots that depicted a tanish front on the fire one, so we can't automatically say it will look like a rock, but I think that will be the based for it's final evo type if real.
I personally doubt those are real, while I can't personally describe it, something about those designs lack the character of Sugimori's typical starters.

I wouldn't mind if they were real, but I'm leaning more on the skeptical side here.
The second one's look fake. The 1st is a mockup of the original leak from two months ago, in which those first 3 were "leaked" The trademarks backed them up, and now people on 4chan are debating which is the real deal if at all. I'm still pulling through for Starter set 1. I like them a lot. A grass owl is pretty neat for one.
That owl thing is old as ****, it was in a leak(with two different starters than those other two) sometime after the Direct
I like the bottom ones, especially the grass bird, wouldn't mind if it was real
The thing with the owl is brought up above. The owl and co haven't been proven fake, and I find them to be potentially real, but we'll know soon enough.
Just doing my semi-frequent SWF search for DKC/K. Rool/Kremling-related developments, heh.
Hey!
The most recent thing here with K Rool, was that Smash NX Rumor with K rool and Bandanna Dee being considered potential ballot choices for it, in addition to new 3rd parties a nd ice climbers.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
HW Legends update

Almost done with Legends mode.

Linkle is insanely incredible and the second best character in the game

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
"We are developers, not gamers" - Wow. Kinda implies that they make games because it's their job rather than making games because they love gaming and the gaming community.
Let's say chef tells you, "I hate food," or "I don't care about food." You'd feel perfectly OK eating what they served you, right? You're certainly not at all worried they're going to slack off a little on it, because I mean, they're being paid!

Or let's say a babysitter says "I hate children" or "I don't care about children." You'd feel perfectly comfortable leaving your kid there, right? I mean, they're being paid!

The gaming community has an attitude about our games mixed between connoisseurs and doting (if somewhat abusive) parents, regardless of whether that seems logical. Of course the community is concerned about how much those we're left to trust care about handling our 5-star babies!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Toriel would make the perfect mother. She's nice, cares about your well being, and even held back when you fought against her. And knowing how she easily knocked down the Monster King, that says a lot about her strength.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Lol, I tried to find the starter pics online and instead I found this.

Pretty creative. Especially venusaur

Bananija

Count of Trickery

Lol, I tried to find the starter pics online and instead I found this.

Pretty creative. Especially venusaur
"Geysaur, the Geyser Pokemon : this Pokemon is constantly emitting water from it's back. However, if it doesn't drink at least one liter of water each 10 minutes, it will die by dehydratation."

They look pretty cool.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The new leak I posted is fake. It was made by these artists that timmy Turner hired to ruse 4chan as he usually does....

I knew they were off, it was because of style, and they even brought up how the unova leak resemblance and the fact that they came after trademarks, should have given it away. Which was my main reason of doubt.

The Owl and friends live to see another day....

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
HW Legends update

Nah, it's more like:

>Link
>Young Link
>Toon Link
>Sheik (she may have lost her place in Smash but she's still top tier here, lol)
>Cia
>Lana
>Zelda
>Ganondorf

Then maybe Linkle.

Of course, most of this only matters when you get to Adventure Mode and the tougher missions within it, or want to A Rank them. Link is just the best all-round though, at least as you are progressing through the game. Not only because he's mandatory in many cases so he levels up the fastest, but because the Master Sword has an insane strength stat for early on that he's basically an auto A-Rank button until the other characters get stronger and the missions get tougher.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Yes, especially since it has HOSHIDO! A place that is more of Japanese, a Martial Artist class would make sense for fates, especially since Faceless also are fist fighters.
While it's not exactly fist-fighting, there is the Bamboo Pole weapon, which can give the illusion of a staff-wielding martial artist. You do need to forge them to give them any serious use, but the nice thing is that it doesn't prevent you from using trigger skills, criticals, gives +10 Critical Evade and it's a Naginata, which means an additional +1 Def and Res.

Burruni

Smash Hero
HW Legends update

"Almost done with Legends mode."
Then spend 200 hours in Adventure Mode.
I'm currently just taking a break from Master Quest because it's sapping my life force.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Toriel would make the perfect mother. She's nice, cares about your well being, and even held back when you fought against her. And knowing how she easily knocked down the Monster King, that says a lot about her strength.
Too bad anyone automatically calls you a furry if you are male and dare show any signs of love for Toriel. But then again, that overlaps into the already ridiculous hate Undertale and the fandom had been getting lately. Not everyone that plays Undertale is a furry you ignoramuses! :rolleyes:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Too bad anyone automatically calls you a furry if you are male and dare show any signs of love for Toriel. But then again, that overlaps into the already ridiculous hate Undertale and the fandom had been getting lately. Not everyone that plays Undertale is a furry you ignoramuses! :rolleyes:
Even the fandom loathes a certain backed character who's artist is a furry into some vile fetishes (So Sorry). But the whole thing all started with Star Fox with Krystal and creeped it's way towards Undertale where detractors would go as far as calling it a furry simulator. This makes me question the stupidity of gamers today.

You know your laptop is **** when it can't run a game released in 1999.

That, or the final boss managed to cast Slow on my computer itself. Or is this what Time Compression was really about?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fix it for you.

Some people are dumb, some are smart : either ways, I'm not doing my homework while writing this.
No matter why the monsters of the Underground wanted to eradicate the human race. Because they know it would come to this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I actually brought legends yesterday, but what start it until I finish FE Revelations.

So, anything major I should know? I beat the first adventure map based on the first Zelda on Wii U, but didn't do much on the others. I also beat the story. I will be playing on the new 3ds, so how is it?

An actual frame from Mobile Suit Gundam. This isn't even a transition frame or part of the background. This is front and center for multiple seconds.

Meet Derpy Judock

Gotta love those older anime

Burruni

Smash Hero
I actually brought legends yesterday, but what start it until I finish FE Revelations.

So, anything major I should know? I beat the first adventure map based on the first Zelda on Wii U, but didn't do much on the others. I also beat the story. I will be playing on the new 3ds, so how is it?
A) The 3 DLC characters from the original, Toon Link, and I BELIEVE Skull Kid require adventure mode to unlock. (Edit: Ontop of the ones originally needing it to unlock)
B) My Fairy is BROKEN if you set them up with element cost reduction gear because they're a giant nuke that racks up a TON of kills (literally kills enemies before they spawn) and can get easily to the point where you can INSTANTLY take an entire keep for 60% magic meter.
C) Prepare to have a more staggered power jumping. Lv2 weapons aren't gotten until the second map for Adventure and Lv3 from the third.
D) On New 3DS you should feel almost no difference in enemy spawning and everything.
E) Linkle's adorable and Skull Kid's a top tier character.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Had a customer drop an item and break it in line, I called for a clean up and eventually someone arrived. Meanwhile I continue my job.

Eventually the customer comes up, I say "hello" and they immediately begin talking between themselves in a condescending tone about me. I stay silent except for saying "thank you, have a nice day" at the end.

They then report me to the manager.

I'm not sure what faux pas I commited

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Had a customer drop an item and break it in line, I called for a clean up and eventually someone arrived. Meanwhile I continue my job.

Eventually the customer comes up, I say "hello" and they immediately begin talking between themselves in a condescending tone about me. I stay silent except for saying "thank you, have a nice day" at the end.

They then report me to the manager.

I'm not sure what faux pas I commited
What the ****. Worst I had was an old hag changing what I said. "Sorry madam, we don't have any of these left and we're only selling it this week. May I suggest going to a different *insert my store name*". What she claimed I said "I dunno, go somewhere else"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A) The 3 DLC characters from the original, Toon Link, and I BELIEVE Skull Kid require adventure mode to unlock. (Edit: Ontop of the ones originally needing it to unlock)
B) My Fairy is BROKEN if you set them up with element cost reduction gear because they're a giant nuke that racks up a TON of kills (literally kills enemies before they spawn) and can get easily to the point where you can take an entire keep for 60% magic meter.
C) Prepare to have a more staggered power jumping. Lv2 weapons aren't gotten until the second map for Adventure and Lv3 from the third.
D) On New 3DS you should feel almost no difference in enemy spawning and everything.
E) Linkle's adorable and Skull Kid's a top tier character.
A) Slightly surprised, but that's also fun, so I don't mind re unlocking. Leveling will be time consuming though...

B)My fairy sounds a lot more fun then I thought! I'll try it, thanks!

c)That's a neat change, don't know what to say about it yet though...

D) Glad that this happened and is as nice as they said.

E) As they should be lol.

Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom