• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On my heart of hearts, I'd like to think that Capcom still loves the Blue Bomber.

I just wish they'd make another game so Mighty No. 9 doesn't have to scam people.
At least they've finally thought to make a new one.

Granted they are asking fans, but it's a start. Hopefully something good comes of it, and they succeed.

What they should do is start a mega man revival with mega man legends 3. The team behind it are still available and have expressed interest in working on it, should Capcom approve it.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ladies and Gentlemen... Weebs of all ages...

I give you the definitive opening for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

9/10 I was secretly hoping for just a small splice of JoJo.

Edited for a smaller picture of the same effect

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not often I share personal stories here but this one is kinda funny.

Last year when I was in college, some girls from a barbers course in the college were looking for male volunteers to be their models for an exam, and when one of them asked me I went along with it. Then went in for another day after that for one of her friends.

While I chatted with them a bit during the whole thing, they didn't really keep in touch.

However, one of them did take my number as they needed to be able to ring me at the time, to make sure I was ready and everything, and in case anything came up.

Well, yesterday, a whole year later, I get a text from them saying they want me to do the same thing tomorrow.

Pretty strange, I honestly expected them to delete my number.

And nooooo, this isn't a "WELL MAYBE SHE HAS A THING FOR ME" kind of post. Besides the fact that I'm honestly the last person who'd easily fall for that self-imposed mental trap, I do recall her saying she had a kid or that she was engaged or something along those lines (I think she was about four or five years older than me, so it's not as strange as it sounds), when we were chatting during the haircut. In all honestly I would be surprised if she even wanted to keep in touch beyond this.

If anything, I'm looking at this as a case of, she was really desperate and couldn't find a model for the exams this year, and just texted me after realising she still has my number. I mean she's only texting me two days in advance, that's fairly short notice considering this is such an important exam. Either that, or she wants to use the same head of hair again for this exam since it's familiar to her, I guess?

So yeah, I'm going on an hour bus journey tomorrow morning just to get a free haircut/help out someone who's still effectively a stranger to me. :V

Though there is a chance I could run into some friends there too.

I just felt like sharing that, it's a bit of a funny story.
For whatever it's worth, I still have the numbers of people I haven't spoken to in over five years on my phone.

Who knows when you'll need to get back in touch~

Still, that was nice of you. :)

I'd say, that even if it is desperate( and after not talking to you, (if this was me), I would be slightly offended), but it's free and you do a good thing, so I'd say it's worth it, despite everything else. Good for you in doing the right thing.
I don't see what's to get offended about unless he actively tried reaching out to them afterwards to no avail.

Sounds to me like she just needed a volunteer, asked a guy who had a track record of volunteering, and he was accommodating enough to say yes. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

On my heart of hearts, I'd like to think that Capcom still loves the Blue Bomber.

I just wish they'd make another game so Mighty No. 9 doesn't have to scam people.
Capcom is the parent that only gives you any kind of affection if you succeed. They might throw Mega Man a bone every now and again, but they're not going to show any pride in the IP until it starts performing better.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Did you forget this one? Sure the armor makes him look a bit fat, but that's mean....

Yes I say this slightly jokingly, but capcom made it a point to mention that they were the ones who chose the design and helped draw inspiration for him in smash. They were angry when fans praised Sakurai saying he did what capcom couldn't, when in reality both made the effort to do this.
That's why I specifically said "traditional fighter". I love Smash, but it's definitely not traditional. Admittedly, I was unaware that Capcom chose the Smash design. I guess you do learn something new everyday. Thanks for the insight!

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Remember the Tracer butt controversy and how Blizzard was going to replace it? Well they did and well..

Blizzard trolled everyone. Not only that, but this pose is actually based on a old style PINUP picture.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I envy those people who made an uproar about Tracer's pose in the first place. Anybody who takes the time to get offended by a video game character's butt must not have a lot of actual problems in their life.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Remember the Tracer butt controversy and how Blizzard was going to replace it? Well they did and well..

Blizzard trolled everyone. Not only that, but this pose is actually based on a old style PINUP picture.

I knew this thing went down too quickly.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I envy those people who made an uproar about Tracer's pose in the first place. Anybody who takes the time to get offended by a video game character's butt must not have a lot of actual problems in their life.
No one was offended though. Saying "This doesn't fit her character" isn't "This offends me"

People who claim "I don't like/agree" means "I'm offended" are delusional

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
For whatever it's worth, I still have the numbers of people I haven't spoken to in over five years on my phone.

Who knows when you'll need to get back in touch~

Still, that was nice of you. :)

I don't see what's to get offended about unless he actively tried reaching out to them afterwards to no avail.

Sounds to me like she just needed a volunteer, asked a guy who had a track record of volunteering, and he was accommodating enough to say yes. I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Capcom is the parent that only gives you any kind of affection if you succeed. They might throw Mega Man a bone every now and again, but they're not going to show any pride in the IP until it starts performing better.
Fair enough. It depends on the scenario. And it may just be me. Although, I'll admit that I've changed that philosophy in the past few years...

That's why I specifically said "traditional fighter". I love Smash, but it's definitely not traditional. Admittedly, I was unaware that Capcom chose the Smash design. I guess you do learn something new everyday. Thanks for the insight!
True. It would still probably be traditional mega man( and he'd be likely), because Mega Man X/Zero have become staple characters to the Marvel vs Capcom series. Both are well liked an in each entry. I'd imagine that if any capcom character that was in Nintendo vs capcom, was in Marvel vs Capcom, then they would probably use that moveset, but tweak it a bit.

So I wouldn't fear the design choice. Especially since Street Fighter X Tekken was much different then Marvel Vs Capcom.

And yes, they played a large part. I believe IGN had the article, but I could be wrong.
The closest I have atm is this:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2013/06/17/getting-mega-man-into-smash-bros-was-easy-says-sakurai

But perhaps @PushDustIn or another SG member has a better source.

It was around the time of the invitational, because Mega man got a lot of love then, and fans went crazy praising him. Capcom was upset that fans thought they had no involvement, and released a statement on it, that detailed the collaboration more.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Regarding the haircut thing, I guess the main thing motivating me is that by going, I can be absolutely sure she has a chance at passing the exam.

If I don't go, I would be left with the uncertainty of whether she got someone else, or was just failed on the spot.

While that probably shouldn't be too big a deal to most when it's effectively a stranger you're talking about, I failed college last year myself (I won't go into how or why), so the last thing I would want on my conscience is to at all think I could have inadvertently caused someone else to fail theirs, no matter who they are.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Yo.
I know it's more JoJo and not everyone's into that.
But my god this one team DHA sent chills down my spine and I felt it needed to be shared.
(Even if one half of it was entirely just showing off)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Because I don't have all the competitive items yet in this game, I've given my Malamar the item "Metronome" which increases the power of his attack if used in succession

After all, the majority of what he uses is "SuperPower"

The way I figure it ATM, every time he uses SuperPower, his attack increases, as well as the power of the attack he's using

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
True. It would still probably be traditional mega man( and he'd be likely), because Mega Man X/Zero have become staple characters to the Marvel vs Capcom series. Both are well liked an in each entry. I'd imagine that if any capcom character that was in Nintendo vs capcom, was in Marvel vs Capcom, then they would probably use that moveset, but tweak it a bit.

So I wouldn't fear the design choice. Especially since Street Fighter X Tekken was much different then Marvel Vs Capcom.

And yes, they played a large part. I believe IGN had the article, but I could be wrong.
The closest I have atm is this:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/blog/2013/06/17/getting-mega-man-into-smash-bros-was-easy-says-sakurai

But perhaps @PushDustIn or another SG member has a better source.

It was around the time of the invitational, because Mega man got a lot of love then, and fans went crazy praising him. Capcom was upset that fans thought they had no involvement, and released a statement on it, that detailed the collaboration more.
Yeah, I figure that if NvC happens, Classic Mega Man is almost guaranteed. Or X at the very least. That's interesting; I always figured that Capcom basically told Sakurai "Here's Mega Man, go nuts." I thought that since they hadn't used him for years they wouldn't be too involved in his Smash incarnation.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Yo.
But my god this one team DHA sent chills down my spine and I felt it needed to be shared.
Maybe you should spoiler that for those who want to watch JoJo.

My personal favorite is the one at 7:42. Can't stop myself from smiling each time I saw it.:grin:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Nintendo vs Capcom talk that I'm NOT missing?

*Rushes to slap down his roster*

NINTENDO VS CAPCOM

Mario vs Ryu
Peach vs Chun-Li
Bowser vs Akuma
Wario vs Mega Man
Yoshi vs Zero
DK vs Tron Bonne
Link vs Chris Redfield
Ganondorf vs Albert Wesker
Pikachu vs Morrigan
Lucario vs Felicia
Mewtwo vs Hsien Ko
Samus vs Nathan Spencer
Ridley vs Hauzer
Pit vs Pheonix Wright
Kirby vs Dante
King Dedede vs Vergil
Fox vs Arthur
C. Falcon vs C. Commando
Villager vs Frank West
Ness vs Viewtfiul Joe
Marth vs Strider Hiryu
Olimar vs Amaterasu
Little Mac vs Batsu Ichimonji
Shulk vs Asura
R.O.B. vs Jin Saotome

The match ups aren't themed, the "vs" format is just how I keep track of an equal number.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
http://imgur.com/a/0RQtP#46

For some reason it doesn't have Lucas' alts yet but maybe bookmark this and keep an eye on it until you finish your custom or something. Maybe contact the creator of this album too.
This looks like a good resource. perhaps the amiibo reddit, and or even smash 4 modders have access to high quality versions of pallete swaps?
''

30 years and now he's back!

The Mystery in The WWE Shaq!
Cheers for your help guys, it's much appreciated.
I don't need it would be handy to know for when the time comes around and will save me the trouble of having to fing it when the time comes :p
As stated thanks for your help :ness:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I need this so bad it isn't even funny.

Imagine the banter.
Top notch banter.

If I were giving the matchup a any sort of theme besides which ones came into my head first, I'd definitely put him against Villager as a Rival for their similar moveset bases. (Weaponized objects from their games)

D

Deleted member

Yo.
"You did good, kid"
I get that
It's Dio's son but I never expected him to ever say that
So, Jolyne is basically female Jotaro? :p
Btw, what game is this?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I think I've also got rosters for...

Jump vs Capcom (In small roster and large roster forms)
Marvel vs DC
S&S: All Stars Racing 3
Classic Disney vs Classic Warner Bros.
CN: Punch-Time Explosion 2
A **** Ton of Death Battle Ideas

Your next line will be "Jeez, this guy wasted his free time.."!

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

This is too good.
Well played Blizzard, well played.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Maybe you should spoiler that for those who want to watch JoJo.

My personal favorite is the one at 7:42. Can't stop myself from smiling each time I saw it.:grin:
YO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED TO WATCH A VIDEO OF A GAME WHICH USES STUFF FOR ALL 8 PARTS

"You did good, kid"
I get that
It's Dio's son but I never expected him to ever say that
So, Jolyne is basically female Jotaro? :p
Btw, what game is this?
A) Jolyne is Jotaro with boobs, a deeper personality, and an even greater hatred for authority. Also is best JoJo after Joseph.
B) JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven. As the video title stated.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Do you know what I don't like? People who corrected to a person about a fact that is false, but then shames on the other that doesn't deserve it.

For example: One person says that Pokken is better than the entire Smash bros. series, and acts like it's fact (Which is of course, not true). Then another person says that it's not true (Which is correct), but then shames on Pokken saying that it will die in weeks (Which is probably also not true) while acting like it's fact.

(I see this kind of thing quite a lot on Gamefaqs)
Why not be fine on both?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Did my taxes, got $1000 in return

TIME TO GET A NEW FIGHT STICK, HYRULE WARRIORS AND QUANTIUM BREAK

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, I figure that if NvC happens, Classic Mega Man is almost guaranteed. Or X at the very least. That's interesting; I always figured that Capcom basically told Sakurai "Here's Mega Man, go nuts." I thought that since they hadn't used him for years they wouldn't be too involved in his Smash incarnation.
It is, I think that their views are mega man:

They love the character, but don't have to much inspration or desire to make new games for him. Maybe they don't want to keep doing the same thing with the series, or didn't want it to tire out. There could be many reasons. Which if a new mega man does come to light, as per their asking, then maybe we could learn more about why they didn't do any new game for him for years.

I think that they truly love the character, and was happy to be involved in smash. Probably also why we got Ryu. They were more then delighted to contribute to such a big game with two of there biggest characters.

http://www.pokemon20.com/en-us/fun.html
What pokemon type are you guys?I got Flying!
Screenshot (80).png

They Know! Also if they are giving us battle frontier, and evil team options, when can we get both of those Game Freak?
This question is also gold:
Screenshot (81).png

I got rock type, with the image used being boldore. Not bad.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I took the quiz again because I wasn't happy with some of my answers

But, I still got water

Edit: Although the example pokemon changed to Wailmer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.