• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You know? I think I know why Nintendo might have changed their icons and logo back to the old red and white...
Capture.PNG

WE RGB BOYS. :colorful:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
A starfish that is supposedly from outer space as well...
Well, yeah. But starfish are resourceful reproducers

They can reproduce sexually or asexually

They can reproduce just by tearing their arm off

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Back when Burger King commercials were funny. This buckin' one was one of the best and very chicken.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know it just hit me....i really want hyrule warriors nx to be a thing
now hears the 2 reasons why
1 i only have the classic costumes dlc for ganon link and zelda
meaning i dont have any of the dlc characters(i dont count cia wizro and volga), the costumes, the adventure maps, or the challenges which given the content added to legends would be a pretty sweet deal
(new story levels, even more adventure maps, the fairy thing, the characters, sub weapons and the character switching)

and 2 all the new content that would go into it new characters would also mean more story for them to interact with(im thinking paralogue more on that later) new bosses(with new items), the new adventure mode map(s) (this is a dlc behemoth after all), and of course new weapons and costumes

now as for the new story levels im thinking a paralouge in which Yuuga comes to skyloft and turns link and zelda into paintings(those preorder costumes from way back make this so easy) so its up to our first new character Groose to follow Yuuga(im banking on yuuga being dlc along side ravio in legends) to the world or ocarina of time where he and his partner who as it turns out is Vati(new character number 2) kidnap that worlds impa(again these costumes man) at the shadow temple (new stage) where he teams up with Naburu (new character number 3)
following after them they find themselves at the world of trains(new stage) where they manage to thawrt the kidnapping of byrne (hey look our 4th new character) but not before blowing away some poison smog with the whirlwind (new item) and defeating the armored colossus(new boss) the heroes jump through the next portal that leads to lowrule (our final new stage) where the team of three meets up with ravio who explains that hilda has been turned into a painting, they team up and take down yuuga all of the paintings are turned back to normal except for hilda's who its revealed was taken when vati fled to another world impa link and zelda are sent to there respective worlds by yuuga(one final "take that" to the heroes) and thus the quartet chase after vati
Following the ending of the windwaker chapter the group of 4 arrive and after explaining the situation to link and co head off after vati who has volvagia under his command (has weakness to the hammer item) during the battle its revealed that(not too shockingly) its a resurected volga under mind controll and hes not too pleased with vati vati feeling enoughs enough transforms into his big eye mode new final boss ensuse after the battle hilda is depainted (final new character) and returns to lowrule cut to credits

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I've been thinking of the possibilities held in Directs with Nintendo vs Capcom.

Think about Ono and his Blanka figure. Think of the Reggie/Bill shenanigans. Think of all the memes. Think of the hype reveals.

I am going to keep fangirling about this game that doesn't exist yet and no one can stop me.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man I just realized that my top 5 for HW's roster expansion hasn't really changed since the original launch.

1. Ganon
  2. Saria
  3. Malon
  4. Tingle Maple/Irine
  5. Groose

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd rather there not be another Hyrule Warriors port. Legends was fine because it makes sense. Playing it on a handheld is obviously different, it reaches another demographic, and it's the sort of game where being able to play it on bus journeys or whatever means you can progress much easier in it. Plus they did add so much to it in terms of the mechanics, and the new content, that it just feels like the perfect version of the game (unless you're playing on the old 3DS, in which case, what are you doing putting yourself through that pain?).

The only exception to this is if they simply make a port of Legends with graphics comparable to the Wii U version (with maybe a better resolution and better frame-rate and enemy count if they can manage), have a cross-save feature since the games would be identical except for graphics - and if they REALLY wanted to convince me, then add an online mode (and implement the local co-op from the Wii U version). Which might sound like I'm asking a bit much of a port, but previous games in the Warriors series have had online modes. Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 had one, and while I didn't get to play much of it, it was good. However, I recall it having to make some compromises to get it working. That was on the Xbox 360 though, so it would probably work much better on the NX, especially if they just keep the graphical fidelity of the Wii U Hyrule Warriors.

In reality though, I don't think Hyrule Warriors NEEDS another port. I don't even think it needs a sequel right now. They've already knocked it out of the park and the game is clearly a success. The total amount of extra content between DLC, Legends, and free updates, probably totals up to the dev time of a full on sequel anyway. It's staggering how massive this game has become.

So at this point I would like Nintendo and Koei Tecmo to follow up on this success by making another Warriors game as good as Hyrule Warriors, with another Nintendo IP. Mario and Fire Emblem lend themselves most naturally to the formula, IMO (Fire Emblem fits in pretty nicely in terms of tone because it's all swords and stuff and the franchise is already has strategy roots like the Warriors games, but Mario has as much legacy to draw from as Zelda, and there could be so much variety in characters/weapons). Kid Icarus and Pokémon would too but I doubt we'd get those (Kid Icarus doesn't have blockbuster potential, and Pokémon Company would be a barrier for Pokémon). Smash Warriors could also be amazing, and Koei Tecmo have mentioned wanting to do that or Mario.

So yeah, I think Nintendo would be silly not to do another one.

-------------

With the serious posting out of the way...

I've found it.

The greatest image on the internet.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This game is not Star Fox 64.

This is amazing stuff.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Nintendo has the power to release whatever they want
Sony has the wisdon to know what to release or not
Microsoft has the courage to release the **** they make

This is not a serious post please don't hurt me
I thought sony would be power, especially since PS4K

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Nintendo vs. Capcom talk! This is a game that I truly wish would happen one day. Here are some characters (besides the obvious) I wouldn't mind seeing:

Nintendo Side:

Captain Falcon
Andy (Advance Wars)
Sukapon
Hades
ROB
Little Mac
Vaati
Ridley
Inkling
Pious Augustus

Capcom Side:

Amaterasu
Captain Commando
Mega Man
Monster Hunter
Any Darkstalker besides Morrigan or Felicia
Jack (Power Stone)
Sissel (Ghost Trick)
Neo G-Red (Gotcha Force)
FANG (SFV)
Zack and Wiki

Of course, this wouldn't be the whole roster, just some more obscure choices.

D

Deleted member

Ah, Nintendo vs. Capcom talk! This is a game that I truly wish would happen one day. Here are some characters (besides the obvious) I wouldn't mind seeing:

Nintendo Side:

Captain Falcon
Andy (Advance Wars)
Sukapon
Hades
ROB
Little Mac
Vaati
Ridley
Inkling
Pious Augustus

Capcom Side:

Amaterasu
Captain Commando
Mega Man
Monster Hunter
Any Darkstalker besides Morrigan or Felicia
Jack (Power Stone)
Sissel (Ghost Trick)
Neo G-Red (Gotcha Force)
FANG (SFV)
Zack and Wiki

Of course, this wouldn't be the whole roster, just some more obscure choices.
more obscure choices
You're the first person I've come across to label Mega Man as a "more obscure choice".

I have (finally) completed Guacamelee

11/10 why haven't you bought it yet?

In order to get the good endin gyou have to do some challenges. Some are ok.

Some are extremely not fun if you are using a keyboards and not a controller.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, I figure since April Fools Day is long gone, I'll show you guys something I was originally go to do instead of just the RickRoll video.

Fresh Sources Suggest Master Chief is coming to Super Smash Bros.

Master Chef

According to several of our sources, Master Chief is apparently set to be a new downloadable fighter in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U. Now while that may seem outlandish since Smash had it’s last presentation in December of 2015, our sources have been thoroughly verified by the FCC as well as our lord and savior President Camacho.

While we can can’t say who our source is since it could compromise them, they have gotten stuff right in the past which does up their credibility in our eyes.

The DLC is almost finished and is expected to launch in 2084 with an exclusive Robotron costume as a preorder bonus.

We’ll update this article if we get anymore information from PushDustIn’s uncle.

Make sure to let us know on our twitter what you think of the current situation or in the comments section below!

I had originally pitched this to the others at Source Gaming as a very satire-ish April Fools joke. It was eventually turned down though as it could have caused a bit too much (since they had a bunch of other jokes planned.)

That's when I kind of decided to go the ol' fashioned route and take the RickRoll approach. It was quick and easy xD.

Anyways, had this been approved, we might have been seeing the first appearance of Master Chef...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So, on the topic of Nintendo Vs Capcom, what would your reaction be if mega man got in, but in the ultimate troll move, it's Boxart Mega Man?

Although robot suit pac man would be a pretty great and funny guest character imo.

And I actually wouldn't oppose box art man, but Mega Man X is cooler.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
So, on the topic of Nintendo Vs Capcom, what would your reaction be if mega man got in, but in the ultimate troll move, it's Boxart Mega Man?

Although robot suit pac man would be a pretty great and funny guest character imo.
We've been through this before - let's not have the Blue Bomber a Blue Bummer.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Nope nope nope nope nope

Having an alt color inspired by Bad Box Art Mega Man would be awesome though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nope nope nope nope nope

Having an alt color inspired by Bad Box Art Mega Man would be awesome though.
That would actually be pretty cool.

I also could see Zero definitely get in as well.Mega Man and zero against Mario and Luigi would be a good matchup.

D

Deleted member

I'd be okay if he were a hidden unlockable semi-clone of Mega Man, honestly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd buy a Nintendo Vs. Capcom game in a New York second.

The possibilities for dialogue and halarious rivalries are endless.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Both Nintendo and Capcom have great options to, in both their own fighters, and out of those fighters.

I really hope we get to see it come to light soon.

Imagine if Nintendo had this as an NX title. That would literally sell the system. Plus whatever else is sold with it, would be a nice addition for Nintendo and Fans, based on what we know atm.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno why I'm so happy to see Nintendo return to their red colour scheme, but I am! ^_^

It's almost like having an old friend return, silly as that sounds~

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Ladies and Gentlemen... Weebs of all ages...

I give you the definitive opening for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I dunno why I'm so happy to see Nintendo return to their red colour scheme, but I am! ^_^

It's almost like having an old friend return, silly as that sounds~
I agree, I like the looks of it for some reason! It fits really well to when paired with other company logos. It's refreshing and just fits nicely and looks good!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Not often I share personal stories here but this one is kinda funny.

Last year when I was in college, some girls from a barbers course in the college were looking for male volunteers to be their models for an exam, and when one of them asked me I went along with it. Then went in for another day after that for one of her friends.

While I chatted with them a bit during the whole thing, they didn't really keep in touch.

However, one of them did take my number as they needed to be able to ring me at the time, to make sure I was ready and everything, and in case anything came up.

Well, yesterday, a whole year later, I get a text from them saying they want me to do the same thing tomorrow.

Pretty strange, I honestly expected them to delete my number.

And nooooo, this isn't a "WELL MAYBE SHE HAS A THING FOR ME" kind of post. Besides the fact that I'm honestly the last person who'd easily fall for that self-imposed mental trap, I do recall her saying she had a kid or that she was engaged or something along those lines (I think she was about four or five years older than me, so it's not as strange as it sounds), when we were chatting during the haircut. In all honestly I would be surprised if she even wanted to keep in touch beyond this.

If anything, I'm looking at this as a case of, she was really desperate and couldn't find a model for the exams this year, and just texted me after realising she still has my number. I mean she's only texting me two days in advance, that's fairly short notice considering this is such an important exam. Either that, or she wants to use the same head of hair again for this exam since it's familiar to her, I guess?

So yeah, I'm going on an hour bus journey tomorrow morning just to get a free haircut/help out someone who's still effectively a stranger to me. :V

Though there is a chance I could run into some friends there too.

I just felt like sharing that, it's a bit of a funny story.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not often I share personal stories here but this one is kinda funny.

Last year when I was in college, some girls from a barbers course in the college were looking for male volunteers to be their models for an exam, and when one of them asked me I went along with it. Then went in for another day after that for one of her friends.

While I chatted with them a bit during the whole thing, they didn't really keep in touch.

However, one of them did take my number as they needed to be able to ring me at the time, to make sure I was ready and everything, and in case anything came up.

Well, yesterday, a whole year later, I get a text from them saying they want me to do the same thing tomorrow.

Pretty strange, I honestly expected them to delete my number.

And nooooo, this isn't a "WELL MAYBE SHE HAS A THING FOR ME" kind of post. Besides the fact that I'm honestly the last person who'd easily fall for that self-imposed mental trap, I do recall her saying she had a kid or that she was engaged or something along those lines (I think she was about four or five years older than me, so it's not as strange as it sounds), when we were chatting during the haircut. In all honestly I would be surprised if she even wanted to keep in touch beyond this.

If anything, I'm looking at this as a case of, she was really desperate and couldn't find a model for the exams this year, and just texted me after realising she still has my number. I mean she's only texting me two days in advance, that's fairly short notice considering this is such an important exam. Either that, or she wants to use the same head of hair again for this exam since it's familiar to her, I guess?

So yeah, I'm going on an hour bus journey tomorrow morning just to get a free haircut/help out someone who's still effectively a stranger to me. :V

Though there is a chance I could run into some friends there too.

I just felt like sharing that, it's a bit of a funny story.
I'd say, that even if it is desperate( and after not talking to you, (if this was me), I would be slightly offended), but it's free and you do a good thing, so I'd say it's worth it, despite everything else. Good for you in doing the right thing.

Obscure in Capcom's eyes. Remember: the last time they added "Mega Man" to a traditional fighter, we got Fat Man with Gun.

Did you forget this one? Sure the armor makes him look a bit fat, but that's mean....

Yes I say this slightly jokingly, but capcom made it a point to mention that they were the ones who chose the design and helped draw inspiration for him in smash. They were angry when fans praised Sakurai saying he did what capcom couldn't, when in reality both made the effort to do this.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Ladies and Gentlemen... Weebs of all ages...

I give you the definitive opening for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
I prefer the one that's already in the game, but the addition of the DLC characters is nice.

But seriously:

>X popular franchise
>"Anime Opening Edition"
>Montage of random clips set to random, high energy and hot-blooded J-Rock song with Engrish sprinkled in
>??????
>Profit?

This has basically become a meme to me now. It's like, the most basic, surface level interpretation of what defines "anime" out there. That and moe-blobs.

It's like, people saw the South Park episode that makes fun of shonen anime, and unironically thought it was the most badass thing ever.

I prefer Smash Bros having a more whimsical theme song.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
On my heart of hearts, I'd like to think that Capcom still loves the Blue Bomber.

I just wish they'd make another game so Mighty No. 9 doesn't have to scam people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom