• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If you want to make fun of bad Kickstarters check out Retsupurae's Kickstarter Nonstarters.
Ridley. :p

Really though, probably Bowser or Ganondorf would be the most likely choices. I actually can't think of any bosses that'd be likely finals by fan "rule" standards.
I think they're better suited as playable characters though. Maybe pig Ganon? But then again I really want to see Ganon playable, lol.
I think that's just damage control. They would more then likely notify someone that they are now free, and they would have to had seen it happen when they filmed it. Especially if the director's said season 7 is already being worked on.

Also I'm think it's Abraham they killed.
They could have them come in to film for the first episode of season 7 and then tell him they're done. When characters get killed off they don't get notified until the day they're handed the script for the episode they die in. Also, what do you mean they would have had to have seen it when it was filmed? Neegan didn't actually swing his bat at one of them. When they say season 7 is being worked on that may be referring to preparation rather than filming.

I think it's someone from the first season they killed. Their death would have a bigger impact, and seeing how they're making us wait so long, and seeing how bad of a mother ****** Neegan is, I think they want it to have a really big impact.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think they're better suited as playable characters though. Maybe pig Ganon? But then again I really want to see Ganon playable, lol.
I agree. But many bosses tend to also be playable, just not as strong while in playable form. So it's still possible.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If they made Nintendo vs Capcom and wanted to make the final boss a Nintendo villain who do you think would be the best choice? No Smash Bros. bosses.
Master Core would be pretty fitting for a VS. Capcom boss. Heck, thinking about it, Master Core does remind me of Okami's Yami, who was the final boss of Tatsunoko VS Capcom.
As for which Nintendo villain would be a great VS Capcom final boss, I don't really know. I mean, Nintendo does have alot of bosses and villains that can work for being a VS Capcom final boss, but the main problem would be which villain would Nintendo be most comfortable with and have the least backlash.
I mean, obviously Bowser would be one of the playable characters, so he's out. Ganondorf would be perfect for the role, but most people would probably want to play him rather than just fight him. Metroid does have Metroid Prime and Mother Brain. Fire Emblem has giant dragons, including Medeus and Grima, but they tend to be fought only in their dragon form, meaning a lack of form fights, but then again, Onslaught only had 2 forms and IIRC, Galactus only has the one.
Pokemon has plenty of giant Pokemon to fight and some with extra forms to boot. Kid Icarus also has some good bosses to use, like Medusa, Hades and the Chaos Kin. Kirby has tons of big bosses, but most of the final bosses tend to be rather small. Dark Matter/Zero would be pretty perfect though as a Vs Capcom boss.
But still, the bigger question is which one would Nintendo be most comfortable with?

D

Deleted member

Not so much in the vs Capcom series. I believe the only instance of that was with Capcom vs SNK.
The entirety of that series.

But I'm also going by Street Fighter Crossovers and Capcom Fighting Jam. Capcom vs Nintendo will probably be different from Marvel vs Capcom, I'd bet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I lost power yesterday and we were told we wouldn't get it back for a ****ing week. And Nintendo forgot to fix something of my 3DS, it still doesn't charge. And now I have a 25 euro eshop card for Awakening's DLC...Damn...Oh well, to the virtual console!

Also **** you Advance Wars. Fog of War isn't strategy

D

Deleted member

So ugh, I was going to leave the forum and stuff because of some outside personal drama. You know, just saying that I need to go to chill and that I'm having a rough time, and all my thoughts on everyone in the thread.(I wasn't going to say anything bad, mind anyone. :p)

Buuut, I cooled off.... I always forget how great of a cope just playing a game and relaxing your mind from everything else really is.

And I didn't want to post my drama after someone's death. That's already partly the reason I got yelled at by an entire forum yesterday. :p

Anyway.... So ummm, what did the Flinstones do to have a soundtrack like this, let alone on the snes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnwzimre4sQ
(And no, that's not a joke.)

Ridley. :p

Really though, probably Bowser or Ganondorf would be the most likely choices. I actually can't think of any bosses that'd be likely finals by fan "rule" standards.

Capcom bosses, however.... Yeah, I'd rather have the final boss be a capcom one if I had the choice between the two. TBH.

I'll always remember kickstarter for the potato salad and other ridiculous projects.
He hey hey, what's up with that red color font and the Joshua avi?
Those are my things, how dare you!
Also **** you Advance Wars. Fog of War isn't strategy
Fog of War isn't that ba--
*Battle Before Dawn war flashbacks*
Nevermind

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm pretty sure they've done this before.

I doubt Nintendo will add anything big to their "game" that's literally designed to nickel and dime you for what are ultimately just JPEGs on your HOME menu.

Sometimes servers really just need some maintenance.
Technically their PNG files but yeah.....

It's probably just a simple maintenance that is going on for the server.

D

Deleted member

Too bad, it's already on the Wii U's eshop. Otherwise I'd have listed games from the 3DS eshop
Why don't you have the accounts linked? Who would do that?
*has different 3DS and Wii U accounts*

Burruni

Smash Hero
I /can't/ link my 3DS and WiiU accounts.
Why?
My normal 3DS got destroyed bracing my leg from an impact of a fall that may have broken my leg from inside my pocket and you can't use the same NNID on multiple handhelds...
So my broken 3DS and WiiU /had/ the same account.
But my Smash-edition 3DS XL is under another one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I LOVE MegaMan X. It's so good for a game to punish you for not being righthanded and having the dash button so awkwardly placed for me
Are you criticizing MMX? How dare you!
The dash button is awkward for everyone though, at least you can edit controls in the VC
Also, finally a game that punishes people for their mistakes, MMX is truly a masterpiece :troll:
But seriously though, MMX is great
Second best SNES platformer

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
>Logs onto tumblr

>Logs off of tumblr

those kinds of blogs that aimlessly classify random characters as some random thing need to go die

Also I thought about as a different take for a Sonic stage in SSB, how about Palmtree Panic

Would probably be similar to Green Hill Zone, but the catch is that it randomly changes between Past, Present, Bad Future and Good Future variations, each with their unique traits

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only thing that came into my head with that tumblr post, is how Cisphobic Rosalina could even work. What if a Luma identified as cishet?

Then it struck me...

That's what Smash is for. D:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Buy Freedom Planet. That's an order. This is MUCH better than 2D Sonic imo
Did you get the full game or just a demo?

--------------

Also Nintendo is opening more online stores in Europe.

http://mynintendonews.com/2016/04/05/europe-nintendo-opens-online-store-in-7-countries/

Still no Ireland though.

Like seriously, they don't even need to set up a new store for us. Just allow shipping to Ireland for the UK store, or at LEAST allow shipping to forwarding services.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh hey NeoGAF has activated my account. Neat. Took a little more than a moth so I guess the nightmare stories aren't always true.

Let's see how long until I get banned. :p

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. Looks like the first "verified" /r/NintendoNX leak has came out.
(http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/rumour_nintendo_nx_source_and_details_gain_some_traction)

Now when I mean verified, the mods of /r/NintendoNX and I believe some mods of NeoGAF (still kind of unsure about the NeoGAF thing as I believe one of the /r/NintendoNX mods was still pending their approval at NeoGAF, so it might be slight misinformation, but I'll update you guys if this is actually the case) verfied the guy's second-hand source.

Now... even if this "leak" has been "verified", it's a really safe "leak". Most of the stuff he "reveals" can be guessed by logical conclusions or is based on information Nintendo has stated already. So this "leak" does seem sceptical to me as it just seems way too safe. I guess I just have too much scepticism xP.

Like any other "leak", we'll probably have to wait and see if this is actually true or not.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp. Looks like the first "verified" /r/NintendoNX leak has came out.
(http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/rumour_nintendo_nx_source_and_details_gain_some_traction)

Now when I mean verified, the mods of /r/NintendoNX and I believe some mods of NeoGAF (still kind of unsure about the NeoGAF thing as I believe one of the /r/NintendoNX mods was still pending their approval at NeoGAF, so it might be slight misinformation, but I'll update you guys if this is actually the case) verfied the guy's second-hand source.

Now... even if this "leak" has been "verified", it's a really safe "leak". Most of the stuff he "reveals" can be guessed by logical conclusions or is based on information Nintendo has stated already. So this "leak" does seem sceptical to me as it just seems way to safe. I guess I just have too much scepticism xP.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if this is actually true or not just like any other "leak" or rumor that pops up.
>Verified leak
>By Reddit mods
>By(maybe) NeoGaf mods
>Last "leak" verified by them was the Gen 6.5 one

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
x86 architecture, huh?

Looks like the day when we see Linux running on Nintendo NX isn't really far off.

:231:

D

Deleted member

He hey hey, what's up with that red color font and the Joshua avi?
Those are my things, how dare you!

Fog of War isn't that ba--
*Battle Before Dawn war flashbacks*
Nevermind
I'm slowly taking your identity, it all started with the liking of traps! :p

But, really though, it's just that from now on instead of my GF's art I'm going to just do what I used to do and have a character and a color to match. Since my girlfriend decided to cheat on me and break my heart. And even now she doesn't understand why I put myself down after.

The most eerie thing is though that another forum a guy of Mr. Unknown or whatever, said in a thread that he felt that something really bad was going to happen that exact day.. And well, it did, both with my GF and on the forum.... I just found that weird, and I don't usually have any superstition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Thinking about the NX as a WiiU successor, they'll need to make switching over from the WiiU as painless as possible to prevent burning the current player base. In my opinion I'd say either making it backwards compatible with the WiiU and having some kind of data transfer capability or for upgraded versions of the WiiU's best games to have a discount of the eShop for those that have save data from the WiiU version.

I wonder if it will still have Wii compatibility. It was the one in the public eye. Heck most of the GAME stores in my area have stopped accepting Wii games as trade ins because they have so darn many.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
If they're gonna port Wii U games, there better be cross save in the NX versions.

I don't think I can handle a third Hyrule Warriors save file.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I want more than one Final Fight character in NvC.

It's between Cody, Poison, Hugo, or Rolento. I can't decide who.

If they made Nintendo vs Capcom and wanted to make the final boss a Nintendo villain who do you think would be the best choice? No Smash Bros. bosses.
Beast Ganon.

Is this even a question?

I miss you guys so much. How the hell is everyone?

Have I missed anything?

Did Swamp die at the hands of an evil warlord? Was Push commited for acts of terrorism against the Smash community? Did Opposum ever hook up with Chrom and have sexy times? How about Kenith's vacation to Raccoon City? Did Fumi Chan pass out during a binge watch of Yokai Watch on Netflix?

Tell me all the hot gossip?

What do I NEED to know?!
hey gorl :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

I'm slowly taking your identity, it all started with the liking of traps! :p

But, really though, it's just that from now on instead of my GF's art I'm going to just do what I used to do and have a character and a color to match. Since my girlfriend decided to cheat on me and break my heart. And even now she doesn't understand why I put myself down after.

The most eerie thing is though that another forum a guy of Mr. Unknown or whatever, said in a thread that he felt that something really bad was going to happen that exact day.. And well, it did, both with my GF and on the forum.... I just found that weird, and I don't usually have any superstition.
You'll never fully take my identity! You know why? Because you'd have to play Etrian Odyssey!
Ha, got him! Now he'll have to play it!

Well, that took a shift in mood...
Sorry to hear that though

D

Deleted member

I LOVE MegaMan X. It's so good for a game to punish you for not being righthanded and having the dash button so awkwardly placed for me
You can change the controls, I prefer them at default but most players set their dash button to the shoulder buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom