• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If they're gonna port Wii U games, there better be cross save in the NX versions.

I don't think I can handle a third Hyrule Warriors save file.
I know ;_;. I really wish there was some sort of cross feature with the Wii U and 3DS version of Hyrule Warriors. Seems like a missed opportunity to not include it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can already see these 7 games being ported to NX as launch titles.

• Super Smash Bros 4
  • Splatoon
  • Bayonetta 1&2
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Hyrule Warriors 2
  • Star Fox Zero
I'm not gonna count Zelda Wii U since that's gonna be cross platform.

Plus it makes it easier to pick up as I'll go in hard on Smash 4, Bayo 2 and HW.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

• Super Smash Bros 4
  • Splatoon
  • Bayonetta 1&2
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Hyrule Warriors 2
  • Star Fox Zero

Plus it makes it easier to pick up as I'll go in hard on Smash 4, Bayo 2 and HW.
That's eight games.....

D

Deleted member

Aww, I can't believe it has finally ended
At 10 volumes and 40 chapters, it finally ends, the only crossdressing manga I'll ever read because most of the others are either bad or a joke
Browsing through TV Tropes can help you find out about some great works

But look at this cutie though
n028-1.jpg

She must be protected at all costs

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If you want to make fun of bad Kickstarters check out Retsupurae's Kickstarter Nonstarters.

I think they're better suited as playable characters though. Maybe pig Ganon? But then again I really want to see Ganon playable, lol.

They could have them come in to film for the first episode of season 7 and then tell him they're done. When characters get killed off they don't get notified until the day they're handed the script for the episode they die in. Also, what do you mean they would have had to have seen it when it was filmed? Neegan didn't actually swing his bat at one of them. When they say season 7 is being worked on that may be referring to preparation rather than filming.

I think it's someone from the first season they killed. Their death would have a bigger impact, and seeing how they're making us wait so long, and seeing how bad of a mother ****** Neegan is, I think they want it to have a really big impact.
This is true, I just find that odd. It doesn't make to much of a difference though, just adds to the reactions fans had by making the crew have it to. In terms of neegan swinging his bat. We see him swing it straight doward into someone. Yes edited wias involved there, but I wouldn't bbe surprised if the others saw it, or if the script even says who it is. Because the actress that played Carol said that the deth and ending to the finale had them all affecteed, as they found it sad and terrible. Supposedly they had trouble going to work the next day. Yet the episodee it'self didn't deliver that. that statement caused hype for the fans, but it did not live up to it in most eyes. So my theory is the cast knows who was killed, and perhaps have been given some insight into how the directors want the group to move foward in season 7. They said that this death is suppose take the show in it's next direction.

As for who was killed, I could see it being a first season member, but I had a lot of thought for why it's Abraham.
While he isn't as big in popularity of others, he has a decent followin. Him and Ugine are essentially the comic relief of the show. So killing him could gain some reactions.

I'll start with why I don't think it's these characters:

Rick: Main character, and the most useful. If neegan wants them to be his workers, he'll need Rick as he is the most useful and has control over the others. Plus he more then likely wants to make Rick suffer.

Daryl: He's debatable. Imo he is to obvious, and if they wanted him dead, they would have done it by now. Still may want to kill him in front of everyone to make an example of him though.

Ugine: They beat the hell out of him, again, I think if they wanted to kill him, they would have, but that really doesn't mean much.

Glen: way to obvious,Neegan kills Glen like this in the comics, most fans have started to follow these and so they know that between the fans, and news sites, many would expect this, but they don't want people to expect it. Plus Neegan said he would spare Glen because it was an emotional moment. I could see him still kill him, but don't find it likely. I feel like by extension, Maggie is safe, but I don't have solid reasoning for that. I just think that it would suck and be redundant to kill her like that.

Carl: He's popular and keeps little kids watching, but my main reason for this is Neegan telling his men that if anyone tries to stop the death, then rip out Carl's other eye and feedit to his dad. If he was killing Carl, why not rip out the eye your self?

Those aside, everyone else is fair game imo. But here's why I think it's Abraham:

1) They made it a point to have Abraham and Sasha be the parallel to Glen and Maggie. How do you complete that? You kill Abraham the same way his counterpart Glen dies in the comics. it be a neat twist, and opens up new story potential. For example, they could then have Sasha take over hill top instead of Maggie.

2) Abraham was made a main focus, as he was the driver for the whole episode. They then could kill him, thinking it will get to the group as he was the one that took them to their "destination:" A phrase they uttered throughout the episode.

3) they led fans to believe that Ugine was dead once he drove off solo. He wasn't. So kill the one who Ugine thought was safe and would take his place. This then flips Ugine's views around. It be an surprisingly twist to fans, and could led to interesting developments.

4)Lastly, Neegan's words after he first hits the person:
"Wow, look at you! your taking it like a champ!"
That's a very interesting statement. This implies that who he killed, could take hits. Abraham has military training, which would give him that resistance and strength. Plus he was also the only one not intimidated by Neegan when he was choosing who to kill, thus furthering his strong will.
It could still be someone else, but these details in the episode convinced me that this was who they chose. But who know! Whoever it is, it will be neat to see what they do and where to go from there.

>Logs onto tumblr

>Logs off of tumblr

This is way tumblr has become a place with such a bad rep... There are so many posts like these, and even more things, that have just turned people against the site. A shame to, as it can be good if used in a right way.

Welp. Looks like the first "verified" /r/NintendoNX leak has came out.
(http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/04/rumour_nintendo_nx_source_and_details_gain_some_traction)

Now when I mean verified, the mods of /r/NintendoNX and I believe some mods of NeoGAF (still kind of unsure about the NeoGAF thing as I believe one of the /r/NintendoNX mods was still pending their approval at NeoGAF, so it might be slight misinformation, but I'll update you guys if this is actually the case) verfied the guy's second-hand source.

Now... even if this "leak" has been "verified", it's a really safe "leak". Most of the stuff he "reveals" can be guessed by logical conclusions or is based on information Nintendo has stated already. So this "leak" does seem sceptical to me as it just seems way too safe. I guess I just have too much scepticism xP.

Like any other "leak", we'll probably have to wait and see if this is actually true or not.
It's not impossible, but it also seems pretty basic to guess. I just want an NX reveal so we clear this sea of rumors up already!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone else breed mostly female pokemon because of the annoyance of charm?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If I'm being picky with pokemon genders its usually based on what nicknames (if they are not unisex) I have in mind or if I have a preference in their dimorphic traits...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
MY BIRB DAUGHTER IS SO CUTE AND POWERFUL

On that end I really enjoy the wind-theme across her moves (Though why doesn't she summon Valoo or anything? Strange).

Still, I really am glad how they did her, all of the things about her are here for most part.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I'm being picky with pokemon genders its usually based on what nicknames (if they are not unisex) I have in mind or if I have a preference in their dimorphic traits...
That's usually how I do it, but lately battle mansion has been charming my pokemon and RNG has made it so their inferior pokemon was able to KO at least one of my better pokemon

The majority of pokemon I pick for gender traits are usually female though. Female Camerupt, Scyther, Hippowdon, etc. all look better than their male counterparts. Only one I'd choose male over female that I can think of is the Lion

Burruni

Smash Hero
So.
Judging by the pale yellow effects on some miniblins and such in the Medli trailer.
She's going to be another Light Element fighter.

Here's the total of weapons for HW with all of its weapons & characters (barring Ganon's Fury & Giant Cuccoo) and the additions we CURRENTLY have in legends

Light - 6+1 = 7
Dark - 9+1 = 10
Water - 4+2 = 6
Fire - 6+1 = 7
Electric - 5+1 = 6

Granted a sizable part of this just comes from the number of villains on the roster. And of them only Ganondorf's Trident and Volga's spear are not of the Darkness element.
While we don't know what will be from Marin's shell most likely water)
Thinking ahead a bit.
For the DS games, Linebeck IS the frontrunner and fairly obviously he'll likely fall into the water element. I believe it was said we'll get a second from that era, I'll predict Byrne with fire.

Then we get to LBW.
Weither it's Yuuga or Ravio, (given up on true Ganon). I'm predicting another dark.

So, presumably, with HWL with all DLC.
We'd end with.
Light = 8
Dark = 11
Water = 8
Fire = 8
Electric = 6

D

Deleted member

That's usually how I do it, but lately battle mansion has been charming my pokemon and RNG has made it so their inferior pokemon was able to KO at least one of my better pokemon

The majority of pokemon I pick for gender traits are usually female though. Female Camerupt, Scyther, Hippowdon, etc. all look better than their male counterparts. Only one I'd choose male over female that I can think of is the Lion
Wait, Scyther and Camerupt have gender differences?
Btw, the Gen 6 lion is called Pyroar

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Sneasel and Heracross are probably the biggest examples for me as both the males look far better to me...

Most of the others for the most part are either not noticeable enough for me to care or either one looks fine...and once again nicknames will determine some of them, like Alakazam for example who I usually name 'Einstein' which suits a male better...

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So how about that God of War 4 leak? :p

Norse mythology. More like God of Thor amirite?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I have realized I still haven't preordered Stair Fax Zero.

I'm think I'll go for Best Buy's offer (:4falco: amiibo for $5) over GameStop's (a Star Fox patch).

Either way, happy it's launching on mah birthday.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So how about that God of War 4 leak? :p

Norse mythology. More like God of Thor amirite?
I wouldn't mind that. There's a lot of great stories that can be adapted from the myths.
Also Kratos vs Odin needs to be a thing. It just does.

D

Deleted member

>Logs onto tumblr

>Logs off of tumblr

Hey i wonder what's going o........
*sees Tumblr post*

I miss you guys so much. How the hell is everyone?

Have I missed anything?
LAST TIME ON SPEEDWAGON ON SMASHBOARS Z....

Abadango just won Smash 4 torunament with Mewtwo!
Fire Emblem ivaded Smashboards on April 1st!
And Speedwagon decided to screw everyone by switching his avatar to Chronobounds' avatar!

Then the actual Chronobound talked to Speedwagon, telling the latter that he was still alive alive and he was going to do one last post (im not making this up).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

• Super Smash Bros 4
  • Splatoon
  • Bayonetta 1&2
  • Super Mario Maker
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Hyrule Warriors 2
  • Star Fox Zero

Personally I think they'd go for Splatoon 2 with new controls that make use of the NX's new controls.

And what do you mean Hyrule Warriors 2 ported? Legends?

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I was actually not aware that Weavile's ears are slightly smaller on females...

I checked Pokken and I am inclined to believe that he is male, which makes three confirmed male pokemon in Pokken, compared to just one female pokemon (and three genderless)

So Sylvester it is! Btw why can't we nickname our pokemon in Pokken?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG, my volarona has perfect IV's

It's modest though and smogon prefers Timid

312/140/166/405/246/299

252 in special/ 252 in speed/ 6 in hp

volc.jpg

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Kratos with a beard and that tiny little axe made me laugh.
Axe? Thor doesn't use an axe he uses the mighty Mjollnir, the Hammer of Thunder!!!

Kratos with a beard would look pretty sick though...

Edit: I probably should look at the whole conversation before opening my trap :facepalm:

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally this is how I see the launch line-up going down:

New Wii Sports like game to show off the new capabilities.
New Mario game to once again show off what can be done.
A few third party titles.
And a collection of "Nintendo Selects" editions for games like Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors, and Splatoon.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Miitomo really doesn't have a swear filter?

I'm surprised! The game looks really fun, I should get around to starting it....

Burruni

Smash Hero
Personally this is how I see the launch line-up going down:

New Wii Sports like game to show off the new capabilities.
New Mario game to once again show off what can be done.
A few third party titles.
And a collection of "Nointendo Selects" editions for games like Smash 4, Hyrule Warriors, and Splatoon.
Nointendo.
Seems like some bad choices, no pun intendo.

Edit:
Miitomo really doesn't have a swear filter?

I'm surprised! The game looks really fun, I should get around to starting it....
It.... "does"
But it's really easy to work around.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anyone happen to have an analytic staryu/ starmie?

Analytic starmie seems weird because it's so fast, but I guess since some pokemon are faster it can help

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nointendo.
Seems like some bad choices, no pun intendo.

Edit:

It.... "does"
But it's really easy to work around.
That's weird as they usually make them firm. Especially in the pokemon games.... I mean it's not really a problem, it just depends on how someone does it.
Does anyone happen to have an analytic staryu/ starmie?

Analytic starmie seems weird because it's so fast, but I guess since some pokemon are faster it can help
I do not, sorry. The gts may offer you a fair trade for one.
Is that their hidden ability?
If so, then I don't know how you get in XY/ORAS

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's weird as they usually make them firm. Especially in the pokemon games.... I mean it's not really a problem, it just depends on how someone does it.

Yeah, it's hidden ability

Staryu's primary ability doesn't help in the least in combat, but if I can't get analytic it's second ability is decent

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah, it's hidden ability

Staryu's primary ability doesn't help in the least in combat, but if I can't get analytic it's second ability is decent
I just looked it up, do you have OR/AS?

If you do, go to lilyicove and dex nav them. It shouldn't take to long to find one. Then you can build up ivs and all that through breeding.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just looked it up, do you have OR/AS?

If you do, go to lilyicove and dex nav them. It shouldn't take to long to find one. Then you can build up ivs and all that through breeding.
Oh, I completely forgot you could do that. I haven't played the game for a while

I'll try it

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

I mean it's as simple as dropping the c from the f word or two h's t the s word.
It's honestly kinda stupid.
Especially since my rl newsfeed is everyone sharing how lewd and crude their miitomo stuff is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What kind of world is pokemon when it's more common to find a whale at a beach than a starfish? by 95%

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
What kind of world is pokemon when it's more common to find a whale at a beach than a starfish? by 95%
Same world where conservation of mass being broken is a major part of how society is constructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom