• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

That would certainly be weird
Bet you could even S Rank her at that point

Wait wait wait
The EvangelionXGodzilla crossover is an actual thing?
I'm truly blessed to live in a world where this is happening
Welp, sorry to dissapoint you, but it's actually a joke. "media propaganda". To quote Gormaru Island.

CONFIRMED: TOHO Confirms GODZILLA vs. EVA Movie Filming To Be Their Lie. But the Collaboration itself to be Fact
Toho recently tweeted their decision to enter film production of Godzilla vs. EVA, and then posted up a official website dedicated to the clashing collaboration, along with logos and photos.
BUT! Toho then later(fairly recently by several minutes) announced to clear confusion that their tweet was a lie. But that the collaboration itself was true, the collaboration is media propaganda to help promote and market SHIN GOJIRA.
While also celebrating the anniversary of Anno's involvement of the upcoming Godzilla film.
Oricon shares this news with TOHO, and now other sites are updating themselves.

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2069433/full/
Turns out it's just a way of promoting the upcoming film Godzilla resurgance. :p Just a thing to get people talking.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
WHICH ONE OF YOU DID THIS
View attachment 102376
I WILL MIIME YOU TO THE EXTREME. :demon::evil:
I know this sounds crazy guys, but Warchamp told me that the direct features:

Mewtwo's release date( Club Nintendo Users get this early), Lucas announced as smash DLC, and the announcement of a ballot in which we can vote for the next smash character!

You can trust me, I swear!

D

Deleted member

I know this sounds crazy guys, but Warchamp told me that the direct features:

Mewtwo's release date( Club Nintendo Users get this early), Lucas announced as smash DLC, and the announcement of a ballot in which we can vote for the next smash character!

You can trust me, I swear!
A ballot? Yeah, Sakurai doesn't care about our opinions, it won't happen
Even if they did do it, people would just vote for stupid characters like Cloud or Bayonetta

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Since Starfy just got announced and I've been meaning to ask this question anyways, what are the top 5 characters you guys want as costumes in Mario Maker?

:094:
Chrom, Henry Fleming, Corrin, Ryu, and Chorus Kids. :p

Also my Internet's functional again, yay.

Nintendo's mobile division is off to a great start.
Not to burst any bubbles but there is more than just downloads to think about. This is a F2P game and it doesn't seem like there are that many incentives to spend real money so I don't expect this to transfer to super high profits that being most downloaded would normally entail.

Of course there are the ties to MyNintendo and all that other stuff that it helps with but maybe i'm just being pessimistic again. :p

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Lately, I've been getting lots of trouble with my college and right now, I want to focus on my studies now in this semester.

The atmosphere in Nintenzone Social has been increasingly negative every time I come back and I don't want that to wear down on me in the long run. I feel incredibly distanced with my Smashboards friends now, and each time I post my opinion, it's either answered with mockery, pointing out a contradiction, arguing, or negativity. I was really hoping that when the leaks group had served its purpose and closed, that people in the group would be much friendlier.

I had hope that I held since first making the leaks group and it was one of the reasons I made the group so that people had as many friends as possible, but that has not been the case and I can only feel depression. Twitter and NeoGaf keep me occupied and happy now, but not Smashboards anymore.

So I requested a ban from Smashboards for at least a month, whether I come back after that ban depends on how friendly the environment is here, but I just can't handle the negativity anymore.

If you have any final goodbyes before I'm banned, you're welcome do so.

Thank you for reading.

~Fumi-Chan

Last edited:
Everyone is using Miitomo for memes. I'm using it for different means.

I love how much potential this app has. Especially for people with good ideas unlike me.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Lately, I've been getting lots of trouble with my college and right now, I want to focus on my studies now in this semester.

The atmosphere in Nintenzone Social has been increasingly negative every time I come back and I don't want that to wear down on me in the long run. I feel incredibly distanced with my Smashboards friends now, and each time I post my opinion, it's either answered with mockery, pointing out a contradiction, arguing, or negativity. I was really hoping that when the leaks group had served its purpose and closed, that people in the group would be much friendlier.

I had hope that I held since first making the leaks group and it was one of the reasons I made the group so that people had as many friends as possible, but that has not been the case and I can only feel depression. Twitter and NeoGaf keep me occupied and happy now, but not Smashboards anymore.

So I requested a ban from Smashboards for at least a month, whether I come back after that ban depends on how friendly the environment is here, but I just can't handle the negativity anymore.

Thank you for reading.

~Fumi-Chan
I hope this break make you feel better and that you hopefully comeback afterward. :)We'll miss you while you're gone.:sadeyes:

Last edited:

_Silver_

I don't even know anymore.
NNID
coffeeman65
3DS FC
1349-8695-1576
Miitomo has been getting popular lately. Speaking of which, I have a question.

You can use your 3DS or Wii U NNID to sign in or register with, right?

D

Deleted member

Thank you for reading.

~Fumi-Chan
People were just arguing, that's only natural when someone posts an opinion
I feel like the ban is really unnecessary, sure you might need some time but why ban yourself?
Anyways, I won't say goodbye, because I'll make damn sure you come back next month
Everyone is using Miitomo for memes. I'm using it for different means.

I love how much potential this app has. Especially for people with good ideas unlike me.
This reminded me, I was browsing the 3DS Eshop and there was a section "As featured in Super Smash Vros. For 3DS"
Guess who was used in the pic? Yup, Lucas :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a heads up for North American users: If you have a My Nintendo Account and used to have a Club Nintendo account, check your email account as a Nintendo email will include a download code of 200 free points for being a former Club Nintendo member.

That's pretty awesome!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, tmnt 2 toys are at Walmart now.

It shows what krang looks like. Looks like a pink brain slug with tentacles. Like sticking a bunch of mollusks in a blender

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just a heads up for North American users: If you have a My Nintendo Account and used to have a Club Nintendo account, check your email account as a Nintendo email will include a download code of 200 free points for being a former Club Nintendo member.

That's pretty awesome!
Is this is my main inbox? I can't seem to find it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Thank you for reading.

~Fumi-Chan
It's a shame that you feel this way, and I want to say banning yourself should not be necessary. But I suppose it cannot be helped, and that is your decision alone.

Unfortunately, I do feel the same as you. The attitude and atmosphere around here lately, has not been on the positive side. Though to be honest, I have begun to feel this way about a lot of places, not just and Smasboards, but elsewhere too.

I don't know if it helps, but I've always thought you were one of the best users around here. While you can be a bit naive sometimes, that's mostly out of the pure passion you have for the things you love. Overall, I think you've been a positive influence, to me personally, and I'm sure to others too.

If you ever want to talk to someone, you're welcome to hit me up whenever you feel like. A mod once told me that on Smashboards, being banned actually doesn't disable your ability to send and receive PMs under normal circumstances, so you should still be able to contact any close friends you have, too.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Thank you for reading.

~Fumi-Chan
It's a shame you feel this way, maybe a break is what you need. You're one of the nicest people I've met on this site. Hope to see you next month.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
What do you think of Braixen in Pokken?
Probably my least favourite fighter in the game...Not a fan of how its character is portrayed, its very annoying to fight against, and don't like its playstyle...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A new translation by SG was posted
http://sourcegaming.info/2016/03/31/dengeki2015/
This interview was purchased with Patreon money (it's from Feb 2015)!
You know, whenever I read Sakurai comments about "we're past our limit" and "the limit is around 20 characters," my heart can't help but drop a bit. There's always that little voice in the back of my head going "What if they start cutting characters next time simply because we're past the limit?" "What if they cut all of my favorite characters from the roster?"

At the same time, however, it seems that pushing so far past that limit is precisely why we got such unique characters this time around, so perhaps that push beyond what Sakurai feels is comfortable isn't so bad if it directly brought about such a surge in variety.

Interestingly, the "limit" was hit with Melee, which was the first time that Sakurai said he was treating it as his last game. I can't help but feel as though his feelings towards the "limit" are tied to that somehow.

At any rate, I'm sure it's a big strain with their making it this far up the mountain, but I can't help but hope that either Sakurai or his successor can find it in themselves to keep up the good climb and reach beyond the Clouds. :popo:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Yay... April 1st is coming up... The day that I can't believe anything on the Internet because it's always a lie... Fun... :glare:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Thank you for reading.

~Fumi-Chan
It's a shame to see you go, as you are still well liked and one of the most well known people here. Arguments just happen regardless, which sucks,but you can always ignore those or go into a new discussion. The problem that is really occurring here, is that a lot of your posts are about either undertale or yokai watch. Not that that's bad. It's good to be passionate. The reason criticisms or arguments start, is an super expressive tone of your likes of these things. Yes users here like those, but nobody likes have things feel like they are being excessively shoved down their throats.( granted this isn't what really happens with your posts, they are just misinterpreted most of the time. ) Granted it's more the undertale love. A lot of people like the game, but it's publicity is great as is, and that's why people get angry when it's fanbase tries to shove into spotlight more. This is why your post about making underboards a thing yesterday got many people upset. Sites like tumblr has shoved it so far down people's throats, that there are so many people( fans and not fans) angry with it, and don't want to see more of it. It may seem mean or centered at you( it's not btw), but I thought you should at least be aware of why this "negatively" has started. It's like if you keep re using a meme, people get bored, tired, and annoyed by it. Undertale is unfortunately in the same boat.

It has a nice fanbase, but also a whole other side that causes toxicity for others. Which a lot of games do, so get upset by that.

Anyway, I'm blabbling on. My point is, don't let negativity upset you.. Try to keep your posts and mood positive, and you can change the negatively and make people more accepting, and then we could get into fun discussions on any game, that allows everyone to be happy and have fun.

because having fun and socializing is all that matters on here!

I hope to see you come back soon! Your a fun and popular user here, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Your a major factor in this social even existing to begin with! I also wish you luck in college! Anytime you want to chat, don't hesitate to pm me!

Goodbye for Now Blue/Fumi! Hope to see you soon!

What do you think of Braixen in Pokken?
It's an interesting choice. Slightly surprised they did braixen over delphox. A lot of people thought Delphox's design wasn't good for pokken, or that it was ugly and un liked, but I think it would have been and could still be fun. I have yet to braixen, but the playstyle looks fun.

Not Garchomp.

So not as good. :troll:
Garchomp is one of my favorites. That dig is just to good!

Also there may be no new footage of Sun and Moon:

I hope this is just them previeweing the trailer before masuda comes on though....

D

Deleted member

I just hope that tomorrow's april fools prank isn't somethin' too wacky.

Yay... April 1st is coming up... The day that I can't believe anything on the Internet because it's always a lie... Fun... :glare:
Sounds like an average day in the internet to me. :troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I had to do this:

And I got mittomo, but won't be able to set it up till tomorrow.

And I just saw this from Tomadachi life:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
>People who immediately switch to Marth when I play as Roy/Lucina because they are haters of my characters
>People who spam Knee/Dair/Ganon's Side B because of Hype/Disrespect/Montage
and
>Yoshi players who rush you down like an Angry Bull, and spam Dash Attack/Fair/Dair

kylexv

Smash Master
I feel the need to spread this:

I can assure you that this is not an April Fools joke, as the Nostalgia Critic says in the video.

This is a chance to let the government know what's wrong with the Youtube copyright system. However, you only have until 11:59 EST on April 1st to comment, so if you want to do this, you must do it fast.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't wait to see what multiple sites do tomorrow.

Such as IGN, 4chan Pokemon( this should be good....), Pokejungle, Smashboards, and that's about it....

I have a midterm first thing in the morning though, so I won't be online for a bit.

D

Deleted member

I can't wait to see what multiple sites do tomorrow.

Such as IGN, 4chan Pokemon( this should be good....), Pokejungle, Smashboards, and that's about it....

I have a midterm first thing in the morning though, so I won't be online for a bit.
Sometimes i wonder what would happen if Nintendo actually tried to do an April Fools Prank on their own.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Will probably be two hours late to the party due to 3rd shift work, but see y'all tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom