• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, I want to buy a SEGA 3D Classic title from the eShop (to go along with the upcoming retail collection title). I have enough on my eShop balance to buy that collection and one title that a select are thankfully on sale 33% off right now. Help me pick my poison (don't worry: none on sale are included in the bundle):

• After Burner II
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Out Run
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja
  • Space Harrier
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Super Hang-On
I'd say Streets of Rage 2.

D

Deleted member

What about Reggieboards? Everyone is replaced with Reggie, Reggie everywhere. My body would be ready for this.
We should have Chronoboards as this year's april fool's prank.

Everybody gets a Leif (Fire Emblem) avatar and your post has to be at least 400 words long.

Im joking, i love Chronobound.....

Or maybe we could have Jojoboards. Seeing how April 1st is also part 4's premiere.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So, I want to buy a SEGA 3D Classic title from the eShop (to go along with the upcoming retail collection title). I have enough on my eShop balance to buy that collection and one title that a select are thankfully on sale 33% off right now. Help me pick my poison (don't worry: none on sale are included in the bundle):

• After Burner II
  • Ecco the Dolphin
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Out Run
  • Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja
  • Space Harrier
  • Streets of Rage
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Super Hang-On
I don't know too much about the other games, but I've been playing Gunstar Heroes recently. It's a bit on the short side, but it's a lot of fun.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually the perfect idea:

Cloud Boards!

Everyone is saturated with lots of Cloud related things as punishment for all those who thought it was stupid and would never happen, as well as celebrating that cloud somehow finally got into smash bros.

It's perfect!

Burruni

Smash Hero

Cloud Boards!

Everyone is saturated with lots of Cloud related things as punishment for all those who thought it was stupid and would never happen, as well as celebrating that cloud somehow finally got into smash bros.

It's perfect!
Dibs on Mallo.

D

Deleted member

Cloud Boards!

It's perfect!
Also known as "The Day Golden Closed His Account".

(Though I wasn't one of the people that thought it was stupid or would never happen.)

Cloud Boards!

It's perfect!
If smashboards could be so kind as to hand me a Tifa avatar that would be swell
Dibs on Mallo.
I thought Mallo was just a sumo wrestler not a cloud :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Dibs on Mallo.
Also known as "The Day Golden Closed His Account".

(Though I wasn't one of the people that thought it was stupid or would never happen.)
Everybody can just become Square characters lol.

There's enough of them from square enix.

Added bonus if non enix characters that are square, are added to lol.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Or better yet: Do the same April Fool's joke in 2014, just with an even more broken alert system.
That would be great.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or better yet: Do the same April Fool's joke in 2014, just with an even more broken alert system.
That would be great.
Or expanding on the idea of crashboards.

Everytime you load a page, there's a 1 in 100 chance that it crashes and a screen of 404 error with Crash Bandicoot dancing comes up.

I'd be down for it! Anyone else?

Ivander

Smash Legend

Cloud Boards!

It's perfect!
If such is the case, I better get a Ramza Avatar.

D

Deleted member

Cloud Boards!

It's perfect!
How about Roy Boards?

Everyobdy gets an avatar of a character named Roy.

These Roys include:
Roy from FE
Roy Koopa
Roy Earle
Roy Mustang
Roy from Mario Tennis
Roy O' Disney
Roy E' Disney
Roy Harrison.

Among other Roys. Oh, and every user gets renamed to Roy................

.........Okay, i can't come up with good ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Playing Revelations now:

The fact that Chapter 7 has killed me more then the final boss in Birthright and is harder, is actually kind of sad...
Oooooooh boy, if you thought that quest was hard. You're going to be in for a treat for later quests.

I mean, if it weren't for being able to grind, I would say that revelations is much harder than conquest.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
How about Roy Boards?

These Roys include:
Roy from FE
Roy Koopa
Roy Earle
Roy Mustang
Roy from Mario Tennis
Roy O' Disney
Roy E' Disney
Roy Harrison.

I'd be ok with this.

Or just Smash Meme boards.

Literally all types of smash 4 memes are plastered around the site. Everyone gets changed to either default character in Smash 4, meme version, or comic.
Sigs are just changed to include various memey statements like:

"Have you ever made a game?"
"My body is reggie!"
etc. Might take a bit to do, but has so much potential.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd be ok with this.

Or just Smash Meme boards.

Literally all types of smash 4 memes are plastered around the site. Everyone gets changed to either default character in Smash 4, meme version, or comic.
Sigs are just changed to include various memey statements like:

"Have you ever made a game?"
"My body is reggie!"
etc. Might take a bit to do, but has so much potential.
To be serious I'd rather not. Especially since currently both Smash 4's community and Melee's community are at each other's throats.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oooooooh boy, if you thought that quest was hard. You're going to be in for a treat for later quests.

I mean, if it weren't for being able to grind, I would say that revelations is much harder than conquest.
It wasn't that hard. I lost someone 4 times. All to the 3rd room you find. It wasn't really that hard but gave me more of a fight then BR's final boss lol.

Really like the concept they have. Finding your way in the dark. There were some good secrets to. Gunther was also kind of useful in it.... Prettty interesting contrast to the other 2 stories

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
How about Roy Boards?

These Roys include:
Roy from FE
Roy Koopa
Roy Earle
Roy Mustang
Roy from Mario Tennis
Roy O' Disney
Roy E' Disney
Roy Harrison.

YOU DARE FORGET COLONEL ROY CAMPBELL???

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
How about Roy Boards?

These Roys include:
Roy from FE
Roy Koopa
Roy Earle
Roy Mustang
Roy from Mario Tennis
Roy O' Disney
Roy E' Disney
Roy Harrison.

Roy from Mario Tennis. . .?

*looks*

>His name is Ryu in Japan

WELP XD

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
YOU DARE FORGET COLONEL ROY CAMPBELL???

I forgot that his name was actually Roy..... He's still Max Tennison to me, and nothing can convince me otherwise!
To be serious I'd rather not. Especially since currently both Smash 4's community and Melee's community are at each other's throats.
If it's focused on the right things in regards to smash 4, it could be fine.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, remember the Smash Ballot?

What if the SmashBoards staff made a news article on the front page that talks about Nintendo confirming Smash NX and also mentions that they are reopening the Smash Ballot for the NX version?

That would be one HELL of way to celebrate the Ballot's 1st year anniversary AND make an april fools prank. 2 birds in 1 shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

It wasn't that hard. I lost someone 4 times. All to the 3rd room you find. It wasn't really that hard but gave me more of a fight then BR's final boss lol.

Really like the concept they have. Finding your way in the dark. There were some good secrets to. Gunther was also kind of useful in it.... Prettty interesting contrast to the other 2 stories
Ah, I was about to say, the quest is pretty easy. :p Nothing will really get too hard until later. And even then, as long as you got well leveled units, you should get through A-Okay.

Strange how sometimes one piece of conversation is HUGE in one place but not another. FFXV stream and Alison Rapp are pretty big everywhere else I look at. Meanwhile here we are talking about April Fools. Although seeing this thread dive into the craziness GAF is over Rapp probably wouldn't be too fun to watch so I guess that is an improvement sometimes. :laugh:

What if the SmashBoards staff made a news article on the front page that talks about Nintendo confirming Smash NX and also mentions that they are reopening the Smash Ballot for the NX version?

That would be one HELL of way to celebrate the Ballot's 1st year anniversary AND make an april fools prank. 2 birds in 1 shot.
There would straight up be riots

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

To take it a step further, they actually make a fake ballot setup and just sit back and watch the chaos spread.....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Why is there controversy with Miss Rapp?

Seems like a cut and dry thing.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think the ironic thing about GamerGate attacking Rapp over her essay, is that she was very anti censorship in it. She claimed that censoring those kinds of materials has no effect on attacks on children, which was later construed into her supporting pedophiles. She was against Western laws because she saw them ineffective, and unneeded in Japan. Also, Rapp had nothing to do with localization changes in the games that people were upset with. She doesn't even speak Japanese.

She was probably fired on paper for her modeling job, but in reality in was probably a mixture of the GG harassment, and for being somewhat unstable as a PR representative. She also talked a lot about herself on Twitter. After all, it's not like she hid her modeling job at all.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Strange how sometimes one piece of conversation is HUGE in one place but not another. FFXV stream and Alison Rapp are pretty big everywhere else I look at. Meanwhile here we are talking about April Fools. Although seeing this thread dive into the craziness GAF is over Rapp probably wouldn't be too fun to watch so I guess that is an improvement sometimes. :laugh:

There would straight up be riots
So your saying that Nintendo would announce that they are allowing riot games to make this official?

Or would it look like this?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would GG attack someone over anti censorship? Lol, is she a declared feminist or SJW?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yo where's the FF15 reveal happening? (URL)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm kind of disappointed with GG if that's all true. I think I mostly take her side

D

Deleted member

What did she even say to promote pedohphilia? That's all I'm wondering right now.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I think the ironic thing about GamerGate attacking Rapp over her essay, is that she was very anti censorship in it. She claimed that censoring those kinds of materials has no effect on attacks on children, which was later construed into her supporting pedophiles. She was against Western laws because she saw them ineffective, and unneeded in Japan. Also, Rapp had nothing to do with localization changes in the games that people were upset with. She doesn't even speak Japanese.

She was probably fired on paper for her modeling job, but in reality in was probably a mixture of the GG harassment, and for being somewhat unstable as a PR representative. She also talked a lot about herself on Twitter. After all, it's not like she hid her modeling job at all.
One could say that Fire Emblem sealed her Fate

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
She is a radical feminist, which is why GG didn't like her. The people spun her anti censorship of that kind of material into her supporting pedophile. She didn't like people who got arrested for possession of CP, but I don't think she supported attacking kids. She did suggest to lower the age of consent, but AFAIK she never said what age.

I actually wanted to write an article explaining Rapps views on Sg, but everyone suggested against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom