• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Alright, what the ****
Tirado just activated Great Shield
In case you don't know, it's the General's skill in SS and negates all damage when triggered
The trigger rates is dependant on the user's level, which means its maximum activation rate is 20%
But... Tirado is a Lv.1 General...
Man, Joshua's luck really is terrible...
RNG GODDESS GIVETH, RNG GODDESS TAKETH

D

Deleted member

RNG GODDESS GIVETH, RNG GODDESS TAKETH
It's okay though, Lute just thanked the favor him with a 1% crit

Damn, I forgot how Caellach was so casual. I love the guy
Oh look, a flashback with Lyon, hold on a sec I'm just gonna go cry in that corner real quick

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This Mini Mario amiibo game is gonna be quite the quest for me.

The Comet Observatory World is the last one.

It will be like playing "To The Moon" again, but with Rosalina. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This Mini Mario amiibo game is gonna be quite the quest for me.

The Comet Observatory World is the last one.

It will be like playing "To The Moon" again, but with Rosalina. :p
This game's free to download, right? I'm definitely gonna try it out once it releases.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This game's free to download, right? I'm definitely gonna try it out once it releases.
Yeah, and you can get it early right now if you buy an amiibo at most major retailers, in the US. So if there are any you want right now, it's a good time to get them.

Also, my condolences on the family emergency, and welcome back. I hope everything is OK.

D

Deleted member

Now you know it is not only for funny purposes some people like me incite you to try some new games in order to save them.

D

Deleted member

I don't know, it all started with Awakening. But they don't have nearly enough examples to warrant it's own page for things like dual release, possible incest, sexualized outfits, same sex relationships, drugging, bad localization, face touching (which was going to be full on body touching), and annoying characters.
Sometimes i feel that FE Fates is a metaphor for the FE fanbase as a whole. But that's just me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Aww shucks the Character Roster thread was closed down for good. Now I can't post my 100 character roster's anymore :(

In other news, i'm addicted to Advance Wars and can't stop playing the game. Plz halp.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

0:58

YAY!!!
So he has his TD role? Interesting I feel like that is because it's based on the same engine as TD. Maybe it's a sequel?

http://nintendoeverything.com/first-pokemon-sun-moon-footage-to-air-on-a-japanese-show-next-week/
So, who's ready to watch a stream with weird Japanese commercials for just 5 seconds of Pokemon footage?
Man, this is gonna be ORAS all over again...

Darnit, I just saw the news and ran over to tell everyone, and you still beat me to the punch. :joyful:

I was mid-type, too.

I figured we might be getting footage before CoroCoro came out, so it's nice to see a confirmation.

Z25 Z25 ,get over here!
Thanks for the tag! I literally just saw this now! I had a fantasy baseball draft all morning, so I didn't get on the internet.
Betting that it literally well be 5 seconds of footage, but I think it will be the title screen, and gives us the legends like ORAS, but actually hype because it's something new. A full trailer is possible though with masuda and morimo there. I'm half hyped! It could be good! Can't wait to see what funny or interesting rumors for it happen!

Hey guys, I feel some explaining is in order.

I had to take a sudden leave due to a family emergency and I was without Internet for a bit. That being said, I'm back now.
Welcome back! Hope everything got well!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Also, despite work being hellish today, especially with how last time there were this many customers I got ill from claustrophobia, something happened in which I still had motivation for the rest of the day, A little girl accidentally 'mistook' me for a woman and asked me 'Madam, do you know where the' before she realized she was 'wrong'. **** what my colleagues think, I'm not getting a haircut if I can be 'mistaken' as female from afar, that made my whole ****ing week

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, I feel some explaining is in order.

I had to take a sudden leave due to a family emergency and I was without Internet for a bit. That being said, I'm back now.
Opo, it's good to see you again and we can understand the disappearance.

Now you can get back into nominating Corrin since the cleanout is happening in a week. ;)

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Not that anyone particularly cares but I'm actually really proud of horse cartoon right now. Really managed to reinvigorate my interest by doing 3 things I never thought they'd do (New main character, CMC getting butt marks and babycorn).

It's nice when a show isn't afraid to throw in totally new elements in order to keep things fresh, especially a kids cartoon.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Not that anyone particularly cares but I'm actually really proud of horse cartoon right now. Really managed to reinvigorate my interest by doing 3 things I never thought they'd do (New main character, CMC getting butt marks and babycorn).

It's nice when a show isn't afraid to throw in totally new elements in order to keep things fresh, especially a kids cartoon.
I'm not a Pegasis, but I have to applaud the creators for nailing what they were going for, a show that, although for little girls, could be enjoyed by others, though they went for parents instead of 70% of the internet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Burruni

Smash Hero

Stardust Crusaders dragged on too long for my liking in the first half, though Egypt Hen was ****ing amazing. DIU is better according to like, 95% of the fanbase, so this will be great. Also...
Volga Volga YOUR HAIR IS ****! And you'll like this news
I'm the 5%.
DIU just... wasn't that enjoyable for me.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I had a big brainfart in my little post about that Zelda theory. I fixed the original post now, but wanted to post about it separately.

Basically, I for some reason said that the Wind Waker timeline is the one where the Hero of Time was defeated. It isn't though, the Wind Waker timeline is the one where the Hero of Time defeats Ganondorf, but does not return back in time to properly live out his whole life.

I do know better than this, but it was a random brainfart on my end.

It doesn't actually change anything about the theory I posted, since the fact remains that the Rito cannot exist in the Child Timeline according to the current lore of the Zelda franchise. I just wanted to clear this up before it triggers someone. :p

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I always thought Zelda Wii U would take place before OoT seeing as Hyrule looks a lot different and stuff. Would be cool if it was because I always wanted an OoT like prequel of sorts though my idea is different.

I personally want to see a prequel game to OoT starring Ganondorf starting from when he was born all the way to his defeat at the hands of Link. We would see how he grew up in Gerudo Valley and how he gets corrupted by Demise's curse and also see how he plots everything in his conquest of Hyrule. I imagine the game would sorta be like to OoT what Crisis Core was to FF7 though it would also go in to the events of OoT in the PoV of Ganondorf and the final battle would be against Link in the game though Ganondorf ultimately gets sealed in the Sacred Realm. There would also be a big post-credits cutscene after the game is completed and it would show how Ganondorf breaks out of the Sacred Realm and the whole sequence of Hyrule getting flooded as mentioned in The Wind Waker. I think this idea would be great for a 3DS game or even an NX one.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I've never seen such praise for Phantom Blood. Also, for Part 5, did you get a good translation? Part 5 pretty much only had ****ty ones iirc
I kinda switch around 1 and 6's placement but they're the upper half.
AND HONESTLY.
My experience with Part 5 was playing the damn PS2 game in japanese before finding the damn manga online somewhere in like... 2007? That was actually how I found out about the entire series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Also, my colleagues have been teased me for the dumbest notification sound ever on my phone. Joseph screaming OH NO! So I changed it into ZA WARUDO :troll:
OHMYGOD I JUST REALIZED THIS IS ****ING AMAZING!
If I'm in a conversation... 'ZA WARUDO' I stop talking and quickly check my phone messages, and reply if necessary for a few seconds before starting the conversation again. I can practically feel myself saying 'And now time moves again' after finishing checking my phone!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I had a big brainfart in my little post about that Zelda theory. I fixed the original post now, but wanted to post about it separately.

Basically, I for some reason said that the Wind Waker timeline is the one where the Hero of Time was defeated. It isn't though, the Wind Waker timeline is the one where the Hero of Time defeats Ganondorf, but does not return back in time to properly live out his whole life.

I do know better than this, but it was a random brainfart on my end.

It doesn't actually change anything about the theory I posted, since the fact remains that the Rito cannot exist in the Child Timeline according to the current lore of the Zelda franchise. I just wanted to clear this up before it triggers someone. :p
No, you got that wrong

The wind waker timeline is adult link in oot

You know how in the end of the game Zelda sent him back to his childhood? Wind waker is the continuation of that ruined, now link-less hyrule

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I was viewing the "Ruined FOREVER" individual page on TV Tropes and came across this one compilation of negative reactions to a specific character again. Needless to say, it brought back a lot of negative memories

I tried my hardest to censor it, but it's such a huge image, there was so much profanity, and I'm so scatterbrained that I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. That said, I tried to cover up everything I could find, and I'm not trying to censor dodge in the slightest. Just let me know if you see anything and I'll take it down and cover it up.

I know Mewtwo was the most requested character, but MY GOSH.

It doesn't help at all that Lucario was one of two characters that convinced me to start following Smash, and to make it worse the other one, Sonic, also gets dragged into this at a couple of points.
Go ahead and take a good, long look. Is there anything you think we can learn from this?

D

Deleted member

Wind waker is the continuation of that ruined,
I was about to say it isn't ruined because Ganon lost and stuff
But then I remember that he comes back and this forces the Godesses to flood everything
While in the one where Link loses, Ganon becomes Pig Ganon and is sealed in the Sacred Realm aka the Dark World while everyone in Hyrule lives their lives peacefully until ALttP
So basically, Link winning only made things worse
I was viewing the "Ruined FOREVER" individual page on TV Tropes and came across this one compilation of negative reactions to a specific character again. Needless to say, it brought back a lot of negative memories

I tried my hardest to censor it, but it's such a huge image, there was so much profanity, and I'm so scatterbrained that I wouldn't be surprised if I missed something. That said, I tried to cover up everything I could find, and I'm not trying to censor dodge in the slightest. Just let me know if you see anything and I'll take it down and cover it up.

It doesn't help at all that Lucario was one of two characters that convinced me to start following Smash, and to make it worse the other one, Sonic, also gets dragged into this at a couple of points.
Go ahead and take a good, long look. Is there anything you think we can learn from this?
This is just sad
Like if millions of people stabbed themselves for no reason and started crying

Burruni

Smash Hero
Part 2 of JoJo is the best to me because Joseph is the best Joestar and such a friggin dork it's amazing.
Part 1 is just really solid throughout and probably has the best non-protagonist cast of the entire series.
Part 6 has Joylene and by gods Father Pucci is probably the most interesting, not entertaining, antagonist of the series.
Part 3 has one of the slowest start ups and the cast gets... a bit too "padded."
Part 5 is overflooded moreso in cast and honestly it's probably the least "settled" the art design ever was for the series.
Part 4.... just never really got huge for me.
Part 7 is just like FE3: The original again but with too many damn people on horses and somehow the new versions of the old cast feel worse.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I am dumbfounded by your dedication of attempting to remove all swears...
This is what we learnt: Smash fans can act like Saltblock when he's not hating on animoo

Is there anything you think we can learn from this?
Don't be a little *****

Uhhh I mean. . . have everyone realize you won't always get what you want so you should focus on the awesome stuff you have instead of the things you don't. Of course that will never happen. . .

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If you think that's bad you should've seen the reaction to the WFT reveal.

The salt... sometimes I can still taste it...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

No, you got that wrong

The wind waker timeline is adult link in oot

You know how in the end of the game Zelda sent him back to his childhood? Wind waker is the continuation of that ruined, now link-less hyrule
Oh, OK. That actually makes more sense.

I always thought it was supposed to be what happens if Link stays, since the official timeline calls it the "Adult Era", with the Majora's Mask and onward timeline being referred to as the "Child Era". Which made me always consider it an ass pull.

They really should rename the timelines. The current names are so vague.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

That one guy complaining about veterans then asks for Mewtwo...

I honestly think our Pokemon roster is near perfection. I'm just flabbergasted that people don't seem to understand that people like Lucario.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If you think that's bad you should've seen the reaction to the WFT reveal.

The salt... sometimes I can still taste it...
I still remember that darn petition to get her removed from the game.:4wiifit:

Yeah, WFT was pretty bad. Lucario's a little fresher on my mind because his incident was more recent, but WFT was the first huge wave of salt the 4 crowd was hit by.

I am dumbfounded by your dedication of attempting to remove all swears...
This is what we learnt: Smash fans can act like Saltblock when he's not hating on animoo
I wanted to try to make the image Safe For Work so I could be able to post it directly instead of linking it.

Last edited:

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044

Stardust Crusaders dragged on too long for my liking in the first half, though Egypt Hen was ****ing amazing. DIU is better according to like, 95% of the fanbase, so this will be great. Also...
Volga Volga YOUR HAIR IS ****! And you'll like this news
Good thing I'm not using Josuke this time around.lol.
This is a solid number of episodes. pretty sure this is enough to get all the good bits of part 4 in there.
Honestly, probably...
Huh. I know lots of people like 2 the most. didn't expect 1 to be right up there. but regardless,nice choices. its hard to pick some favorites aside from 4,6,and 7.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That one guy complaining about veterans then asks for Mewtwo...

I honestly think our Pokemon roster is near perfection. I'm just flabbergasted that people don't seem to understand that people like Lucario.
The pokemon will only be perfect for me when we get MUTHA****IN AGGRON. Impossible, I know...But Aggron would be fun as ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom