• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know, I love Arena abuse
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459003561885.png

I'm going for Ephraim's route this time as I never played it
But mainly so I can unlock Creature Campaign, though I'll have to play through Eirika's route again.
Well, this is a nice chance to test out the other classes, let's give Ranger and Mage Knight a chance

Also playing on Hard mode
SS Hard mode... isn't hard though
Like, the only difference I noticed until now is that earlier enemies couldn't be doubled as easily
Not like any of that matters now lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I (re-)came across the Hate Dumb and Fan Dumb pages of TV Tropes while Wiki Walking on it.

. . .I don't know, sometimes I see things on them that remind me of when things go wrong in this fandom, too.

It might be interesting to read them once in a while to see if you recognize or think you recognize any fandom or hatedom issues. I would highly recommend you to read both if you do read them, though. Reading just one would make for a fairly one-sided view, after all.

I would even go so far as to say that I discovered that I had Theocratic issues while reading it one time. It's a personal problem I need to work on, but I think I've at least made some slight progress moving away from it.
And take a wild guess which three series have a larger broken base page?

Smash, Pokemon, and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Plus the obvious TF2, Fire Emblem Fates, and FNAF. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Isn't it ironic that the game separated in two different versions is also the game that broke the fanbase?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

For everyone's convenience, here's ours.

Which I will probably spend the next several minutes reading. :4megaman:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Isn't it ironic that the game separated in two different versions is also the game that broke the fanbase?
I don't know, it all started with Awakening. But they don't have nearly enough examples to warrant it's own page for things like dual release, possible incest, sexualized outfits, same sex relationships, drugging, bad localization, face touching (which was going to be full on body touching), and annoying characters.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I don't know, it all started with Awakening. But they don't have nearly enough examples to warrant it's own page for things like dual release, possible incest, sexualized outfits, same sex relationships, drugging, bad localization, face touching (which was going to be full on body touching), and annoying characters.
Which even disturbed Nintendo to a great extent and they told the producer to only focus on their faces instead to be less lewd.

Not like it would have mattered since Nintendo of America found face touching disgusting themselves. :/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Relatively cheap or actually cheap?
30 dollars for two copies of a figure you already own still is a waste of money imo
I got them both when I had plenty of money to spare and it was hardly at dent, so cheap. It's pretty cool to be able to get Rosalina at MSRP or free.

Plus, nothing is a waste of money if you are getting enough utility out of it. That's basic economics.

In any case, I didn't buy my extra amiibos to re-sell. The second Rosalina amiibo is for my collection of Rosalina merch (most of which is extremely rare and some of which I got for free, so if I ever lose interest in the character, I'll at least make a good bit of money by re-selling that merch), the third is for an eventual custom amiibo I want to make, since that's something I want to get into. I also have a second Sonic and Toad amiibo for the same purpose. Might buy a second Cloud for that too, when he comes out.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Not like it would have mattered since Nintendo of America found face touching disgusting themselves. :/
It's still in technically. Not to the amount that the JP version did, but you can touch(& blow, in the non-sexual way of course) your wife during special moments.

D

Deleted member

It's still in technically. Not to the amount that the JP version did, but you can touch(& blow, in the non-sexual way of course) your wife during special moments.
That's just for a "wake her/him up" minigame
One or two touches will end it

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yes, at least I can wake up Nilesie or dry him up with my Dragonbreath. :laugh:

He's easily the best husband a girl (Or boy
because of my Corrin) can ask for. Ooooooh yes!

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's just for a "wake her/him up" minigame
One or two touches will end it
Why do you just touch and not rub?

Either way, they still react to you when you hold in some places, like their heads will move accordingly if you hold on their left or right cheek.

D

Deleted member

Why do you just touch and not rub?

Either way, they still react to you when you hold in some places, like their heads will move accordingly if you hold on their left or right cheek.
Normally, I'd just poke someone to wake them up, not rub them

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://nintendoeverything.com/first-pokemon-sun-moon-footage-to-air-on-a-japanese-show-next-week/
So, who's ready to watch a stream with weird Japanese commercials for just 5 seconds of Pokemon footage?
Man, this is gonna be ORAS all over again...
Darnit, I just saw the news and ran over to tell everyone, and you still beat me to the punch. :joyful:

I was mid-type, too.

I figured we might be getting footage before CoroCoro came out, so it's nice to see a confirmation.

@zoroark25 ,get over here!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Moving away from people badgering me about liking Rosalina and how I spend my money, here's a discussion topic I've wanted to bring up, and it's once again about Zelda Wii U.

Aonuma said that, fans who play Twilight Princess HD, may have many "Oh, I see!" moments when they eventually play Zelda Wii U too, hinting that Twilight Princess HD contains clues as to what Zelda Wii U will be about.

One thing I've been looking forward to the most about TPHD, is this clue hunting, and I'm considering getting into it myself once I 100% the game (and I nearly have). Mainly, the re-texturing of the game - since TPHD was mostly re-textured from the ground up, that leaves lots of room for little secrets to be added to the game, that weren't in the original Twilight Princess games on GC and Wii.

Well, it appears that one such secret may have been discovered.

That video goes over it pretty well, but for those who don't want to watch it, I will paraphrase:

This texture was discovered on the walls lining the road leading up to Hyrule Castle, in Hyrule Castle Town, within Twilight Princess HD. The texture was NOT present in the original Twilight Princess games.

It might not mean much at first glance, and people might just write it off as nothing and assume that it's just a random carving with no hidden meaning, just to look pretty for the re-texture. But there is one thing that seems really off about it - the appearance of the "bird men" in the middle carving:

They look, point for point, like Rito males. They have all of the distinct features of Rito males, and have similar clothing too.

This may not mean anything to someone who doesn't follow or care about Zelda lore, but to someone who does, this presents a glaring lore problem.

You see, Wind Waker takes place on the timeline where the Hero of Time defeats Ganondorf and remains as an adult. Wind Waker is also the only canon Zelda game in which the Rito appear, and they are supposed to be a species evolved from the Zora (the original Zora race are also extinct in this timeline, by the time Wind Waker happens).

However, Twilight Princess takes place on a timeline where the Hero of Time defeats Ganondorf, and returns back in time to become a child again (leading into Majora's Mask). In this timeline, the Zora never evolved into Rito and didn't go extinct. So the fact that Twilight Princess HD is now referencing them in this carving - and next to a Zora, which is depicted in the third panel of the carving - and said carving is just outside a location as important as Hyrule Castle, of all places, seems really suspicious.

This carving also contains other interesting things - we clearly see a Goron resembling Darunia from Ocarina of Time, as well as someone resembling Young Link. There is also a man depicted next to Link in two of the carvings. He looks a lot like Ganondorf in terms of his physical features, but the fact that he is wearing regular looking robes, and appears to be holding a gardening hoe, would suggest he's just a common citizen. Which means the resemblance to Ganondorf, would suggest that this man is a Gerudo male. He also happens to be wearing arm bandages that look very similar to the ones Link is depicted wearing in all of the Zelda Wii U material we have seen so far. The woman in the first panel of the carving, also looks just like a Gerudo female. The second panel also depicts a woman who doesn't appear to be a Gerudo, but has a similar, amazonian size to that of the Gerudo male. And of course, we see Ooccoo and Ooccoo. Jr in the carving too (though they of course could just be any old pair of Oocca people, and not specifically the mother and child that help Link throughout Twilight Princess).

While this is all theorising and what not so far, I do feel like this carving was not made randomly with no hidden intentions. It seems way too deliberately made to pique the interest of any Zelda lore fanatic, and of course, has that glaring inconsistency of the Rito being present in a carving from a game in the "Young Link" timeline, where the Rito should not exist, given the current set-up of the lore.

I feel like this carving hints at a few things for Zelda Wii U:

-Link will have been raised by a Gerudo family/tribe (this might seem like a stretch with this carving alone, but there has been a lot of hints pointing toward it so far. It's a whole other theory you could look up, this is just the most recent piece of evidence supporting it).
-The Gerudo will have more prominence in Zelda Wii U than in any other Zelda game, possibly having a more open role as Hyrulean citizens, rather than living in secret (again, it's a longer running theory).
-The Rito will be in Zelda Wii U, and will have a tweaked backstory for this timeline, so they can co-exist with the Zoras.
-We will see more of the Oocca people (there has also been another hint towards this).
-Zelda Wii U will take place before Twilight Princess and in the same timeline (since a carving around Hyrule Castle would most likely depict events that happened at the castle or within Hyrule in the past).

Also, this next thing is a huge stretch and is purely my own addition, but I will mention it anyway - we see the boy who looks like Link, carrying a shield, and only a shield, being accompanied by what might appear to be his parents or a similar kind of figure to him. At the beginning of Twilight Princess, Link was supposed to travel to Hyrule Castle as a representative of the Ordon Province, bearing a sword and shield crafted in Ordon, as gifts for the royal family, and was sent to do this by Rusl (who is a father figure to Link in the game). In Twilight Princess, this is implied to be a time-honoured tradition. So, is it possible that we will see the origins of this custom, in Zelda Wii U?

I just wanted to share this. I love looking for lore hints in games and what not, especially when they might hint at upcoming installments.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yes, at least I can wake up Nilesie or dry him up with my Dragonbreath. :laugh:

He's easily the best husband a girl (Or boy
because of my Corrin) can ask for. Ooooooh yes!
No better husbando than Dio Brando constantly making sex jokes. I hear Dio ironically is also a good father
I really want to take this cat home.

She's just too cute and lonely. :(
Aussie isn't a cat :p

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
No better husbando than Dio Brando constantly making sex jokes. I hear Dio ironically is also a good father

Aussie isn't a cat :p
True, Niles is the best thing that ever happened in Fates.

That last joke did gave me a chuckle. I am like a cat if you get into the specifics. :laugh:

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I am a horrible person. I was playing Super Paper Mario, and I was in chapter 5, in the first cave level. I found the little cave with countless poor little cragnons locked up inside. They attacked me, so I figured that they were my enemies, and without a second of hesitation, I BLASTED THEM ALL WITH THUNDER RAGE. I was proud of the destruction I caused. Well, the storm of red negative score markers quickly hinted me, that I might just have committed a genocide of my friends. I truly am a horrible person.
I thought that I could make things right by slaying all the enemies. Well, turned out that they were just kind of misunderstood themselves, and things could have been sorted out peacefully. My boundless slaughter was totally in vain. I truly am a horrible person.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Moving away from people badgering me about liking Rosalina and how I spend my money, here's a discussion topic I've wanted to bring up, and it's once again about Zelda Wii U.

Aonuma said that, fans who play Twilight Princess HD, may have many "Oh, I see!" moments when they eventually play Zelda Wii U too, hinting that Twilight Princess HD contains clues as to what Zelda Wii U will be about.

One thing I've been looking forward to the most about TPHD, is this clue hunting, and I'm considering getting into it myself once I 100% the game (and I nearly have). Mainly, the re-texturing of the game - since TPHD was mostly re-textured from the ground up, that leaves lots of room for little secrets to be added to the game, that weren't in the original Twilight Princess games on GC and Wii.

Well, it appears that one such secret may have been discovered.

That video goes over it pretty well, but for those who don't want to watch it, I will paraphrase:

This texture was discovered on the walls lining the road leading up to Hyrule Castle, in Hyrule Castle Town, within Twilight Princess HD. The texture was NOT present in the original Twilight Princess games.

It might not mean much at first glance, and people might just write it off as nothing and assume that it's just a random carving with no hidden meaning, just to look pretty for the re-texture. But there is one thing that seems really off about it - the appearance of the "bird men" in the middle carving:

They look, point for point, like Rito males. They have all of the distinct features of Rito males, and have similar clothing too.

This may not mean anything to someone who doesn't follow or care about Zelda lore, but to someone who does, this presents a glaring lore problem.

You see, Wind Waker takes place on the timeline where the Hero of Time is defeated by Ganondorf. Wind Waker is also the only canon Zelda game in which the Rito appear, and they are supposed to be a species evolved from the Zora (the original Zora race are also extinct in this timeline, by the time Wind Waker happens).

However, Twilight Princess takes place on a timeline where the Hero of Time defeats Ganondorf, and returns back in time to become a child again (leading into Majora's Mask). In this timeline, the Zora never evolved into Rito and didn't go extinct. So the fact that Twilight Princess HD is now referencing them in this carving - and next to a Zora, which is depicted in the third panel of the carving - and said carving is just outside a location as important as Hyrule Castle, of all places, seems really suspicious.

This carving also contains other interesting things - we clearly see a Goron resembling Darunia from Ocarina of Time, as well as someone resembling Young Link. There is also a man depicted next to Link in two of the carvings. He looks a lot like Ganondorf in terms of his physical features, but the fact that he is wearing regular looking robes, and appears to be holding a gardening hoe, would suggest he's just a common citizen. Which means the resemblance to Ganondorf, would suggest that this man is a Gerudo male. He also happens to be wearing arm bandages that look very similar to the ones Link is depicted wearing in all of the Zelda Wii U material we have seen so far. The woman in the first panel of the carving, also looks just like a Gerudo female. The second panel also depicts a woman who doesn't appear to be a Gerudo, but has a similar, amazonian size to that of the Gerudo male. And of course, we see Ooccoo and Ooccoo. Jr in the carving too (though they of course could just be any old pair of Oocca people, and not specifically the mother and child that help Link throughout Twilight Princess).

While this is all theorising and what not so far, I do feel like this carving was not made randomly with no hidden intentions. It seems way too deliberately made to pique the interest of any Zelda lore fanatic, and of course, has that glaring inconsistency of the Rito being present in a carving from a game in the "Young Link" timeline, where the Rito should not exist, given the current set-up of the lore.

I feel like this carving hints at a few things for Zelda Wii U:

-Link will have been raised by a Gerudo family/tribe (this might seem like a stretch with this carving alone, but there has been a lot of hints pointing toward it so far. It's a whole other theory you could look up, this is just the most recent piece of evidence supporting it).
-The Gerudo will have more prominence in Zelda Wii U than in any other Zelda game, possibly having a more open role as Hyrulean citizens, rather than living in secret (again, it's a longer running theory).
-The Rito will be in Zelda Wii U, and will have a tweaked backstory for this timeline, so they can co-exist with the Zoras.
-We will see more of the Oocca people (there has also been another hint towards this).
-Zelda Wii U will take place before Twilight Princess and in the same timeline (since a carving around Hyrule Castle would most likely depict events that happened at the castle or within Hyrule in the past).

Also, this next thing is a huge stretch and is purely my own addition, but I will mention it anyway - we see the boy who looks like Link, carrying a shield, and only a shield, being accompanied by what might appear to be his parents or a similar kind of figure to him. At the beginning of Twilight Princess, Link was supposed to travel to Hyrule Castle as a representative of the Ordon Province, bearing a sword and shield crafted in Ordon, as gifts for the royal family, and was sent to do this by Rusl (who is a father figure to Link in the game). In Twilight Princess, this is implied to be a time-honoured tradition. So, is it possible that we will see the origins of this custom, in Zelda Wii U?

I just wanted to share this. I love looking for lore hints in games and what not, especially when they might hint at upcoming installments.
That is... unexpected to say the least. Though with things like the Zelda U photo in the Castle Town shop, I think it's pretty safe to assume it may be a hint for Zelda U. If it was meant to be an Easter egg, it would have been in the original TP.

It certainly opens the floodgates. My personal hope for Zelda U was that, with it being a massive open world, it would be more of a melting pot of a lot of different Zelda races than ever before. The Ruto showing up with a possible connection to the Oocca people is certainly a nice sign for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, I think I broke SS
Gilliam is doubling enemies, Eirika is critting things with an Iron Sword, Franz has higher Str than Seth and Neimi, well
1997 - Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones (U)(TrashMan)_1459017578146.png

How is Hard mode being easier? Who balanced this game?
Here's a secret
Dio's Stand is The World
Why is that a secret? Is there a joke here that I'm missing?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Alright, I think I broke SS
Gilliam is doubling enemies, Eirika is critting things with an Iron Sword, Franz has higher Str than Seth and Neimi, well
View attachment 101545
How is Hard mode being easier? Who balanced this game?

Why is that a secret? Is there a joke here that I'm missing?
MAY THE RNGGODDESS BLESS YOU WITH HER MANY GIFTS

Ding ding ding ding ding! You said pretty much the same thing I thought when you said Dio and Niles have the same Japanese VA! Everyone knows it by this point! You just went for a wild ride on my ruse cruise!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey guys, I feel some explaining is in order.

I had to take a sudden leave due to a family emergency and I was without Internet for a bit. That being said, I'm back now.

D

Deleted member

MAY THE RNGGODDESS BLESS YOU WITH HER MANY GIFTS

Ding ding ding ding ding! You said pretty much the same thing I thought when you said Dio and Niles have the same Japanese VA! Everyone knows it by this point! You just went for a wild ride on my ruse cruise!
Lady Luck decided to give Joshua some Luck level ups despute hisbterrible growths on it
Damn it, give me some Str already

I don't think everyone knows about it
I didn't see anyone bringing it up so I took the chance

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I had to take a sudden leave due to a family emergency and I was without Internet for a bit. That being said, I'm back now.
Family is more important than your unofficial mod job. I say unofficial cuz no government would see it as real. Good to see you back, and like a possum, you played dead pretty well :p

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

I'm sorry man. Hopefully everything's alright in your personal life. Glad to see you back though! I also see that your avatar changed back to normal as well!

D

Deleted member

Alright, what the ****
Tirado just activated Great Shield
In case you don't know, it's the General's skill in SS and negates all damage when triggered
The trigger rates is dependant on the user's level, which means its maximum activation rate is 20%
But... Tirado is a Lv.1 General...
Man, Joshua's luck really is terrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom