• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Speaking of Killer Instinct, I mentioned the idea of having a Fable character being playable a few days ago, but didn't know who. I think I found a good choice. The main antagonist of the first game.
He looks bad *** as ****.
With all future fable games being cancelled and the studio closed. I don't think Microsoft cares much for the Fable series and adding a fable character wouldn't have advertising benefits

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Speaking of Killer Instinct, I mentioned the idea of having a Fable character being playable a few days ago, but didn't know who. I think I found a good choice. The main antagonist of the first game.
He looks bad *** as ****.
Let's look at the other MS characters:
Arbiter - Badass and has a sword
RAAM - Badass and has a huge knife

Yeah he fits the bill the other MS characters made. :p

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If I am getting an Xbone, I'm not getting any of the existing bundles as none of their games interest me.

I can think of 3 games that interest me: Killer Instinct 3, Rare Replay, & Batman: Arkham Knight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

THERE'S A ****ING DOG IN THIS HACK
Lost Bloodlines_1458171906757.png

This is the first chapter, how do you top something like this???
Oh, simple, the MC has DOUBLE BLADES
I liek this hack

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
THERE'S A ****ING DOG IN THIS HACK
View attachment 100381
This is the first chapter, how do you top something like this???
Oh, simple, the MC has DOUBLE BLADES
I liek this hack
Ah so you got it working! Cool! And that's an interesting unit, not sure people would be ok with that in a real FE game, but I like the concept.

But this reminds me, in playing through Conquest, it's amazing how much detail and back story the supports give.

Which leads me to this thought:

How would you feel if the next FE game had no one main character, but instead focused on mini stories of the units of an army?

Each chapter would focus on these characters, we would get their back story, how they got to be apart of this battalion, etc. All the stories would over arch into the main story. Complete all the stories and you can do the final battle.

Thoughts?

I think it could be a neat idea if done correctly, especially with how good they are at making characters. We could learn reasons for fighting, and get a lot more story into what would seem like a small game at first.

And a side note: we need more then just sword users for FE in Smash.... There's so much potential!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Okay.
Finally got to experiencing enough of this game.

Honestly.
The localization is bare bones. No dub option. Grammatical issues somewhat frequent. And rarely.... the entire thing just breaks on itself.
However.
The gameplay is so damn enjoyable and its just an evolution from what we saw with the World games on the DS into full glorious 3D in modern day quality with some of the most intense levels of story I've seen in games from late that ANY fan of the series and hell anyone wanting to get a "breath of fresh air" for the Gain 'Em & Train 'Em kind of jrpg...
This is what you should go for.
Not Fossil Fighters.
Not Yokai Watch.
DSCS.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So Wikipedia finally updated Rosalina's page to change the credit for her creation from Shigeru Miyamoto to Yoshiaki Koizumi.

Screenshot_2016-03-17-01-09-03.png

I guess my Rosalina Trivia and Lore Awareness Program has been paying off!

Nah but seriously, this makes me really happy. Miyamoto gets credited for stuff Koizumi does way too much, so it's great to see him get the credit for one of his most significant and beloved creations. He's also one of Nintendo's most talented employees and deserves more recognition.

Hopefully journalists and fans alike will now follow suit and credit Koizumi for Rosalina's creation going forward.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Been super off feeling for a bit, partially browsed Wii U Virtual Console but wasn't in the mood for anything because I feel iffy.

I almost went on some kind of rant, but then I realized this emotion of lack of games for people in stressed borderline emo moods could be channeled into something positive.

So, guys, what are your most wanted NX Virtual Console games? You can include 3DS and Wii U games, or any games that are on the current VC supported systems, including ones that are on the store, were on the Wii Shop but aren't on Wii U, or ones that were never on VC at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Been super off feeling for a bit, partially browsed Wii U Virtual Console but wasn't in the mood for anything because I feel iffy.

I almost went on some kind of rant, but then I realized this emotion of lack of games for people in stressed borderline emo moods could be channeled into something positive.

So, guys, what are your most wanted NX Virtual Console games? You can include 3DS and Wii U games, or any games that are on the current VC supported systems, including ones that are on the store, were on the Wii Shop but aren't on Wii U, or ones that were never on VC at all.
A unified system so that we don't have to buy the same game multiple times for the stuff on the WiiU and 3DS. I wish they'd bring back 3rd party VC like they had on the Wii with Genisis, NeoGeo and Turbographixs so that even those of us who stuck with Nintendo for so long can find something old yet new to play.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
A unified system so that we don't have to buy the same game multiple times for the stuff on the WiiU and 3DS. I wish they'd bring back 3rd party VC like they had on the Wii with Genisis, NeoGeo and Turbographixs so that even those of us who stuck with Nintendo for so long can find something old yet new to play.
Yeah, that's another thing I didn't get. I think the 3DS even has Genesis and Game Gear VC support, come to think of it, even if it's a special custom SEGA format.

You know what we need on NX, come to think of it? Either a selection of GameCube games that extends to ports, or a Dreamcast VC. Or both, I guess. Sonic And All Stars Racing Transformed got me really curious about Vyse, but you can't buy Skies of Arcadia on any modern console despite several other Dreamcast games being ported onto PS360.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Strangely enough, TurboGrafx-16 and MSX games are on Wii U VC in Japan, but Wii U VC everywhere else is purely Nintendo.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Gamecube VC games. We're way overdue for GC VC games and I think it was even rumored for the Wii U before the Wii U even launched hence my disappointment when it didn't happen. We can also get great games from it like Super Mario Sunshine, the Pikmin games, and F-Zero GX. Super Smash Bros Melee can also get included so people can stop asking for Melee HD.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Never going to happen, but I just want to be able to re-download the games I already got for Wii U and 3DS.

And if the NX is some console/handheld hybrid like some rumors say, it'd be cool to have N64 and GameCube games on the go.

Edit:
This is just grand.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Strangely enough, TurboGrafx-16 and MSX games are on Wii U VC in Japan, but Wii U VC everywhere else is purely Nintendo.
So basically not localizing stuff again?

Sure, missing some games from systems hardly anyone has even heard of isn't nearly as much of a crime as missing, say, Xenoblade, but I really wish they'd put a little more effort into bringing stuff over.

Hopefully this is just because the Wii U isn't doing so hot and the NX will get more localization attention.

Gamecube VC games. We're way overdue for GC VC games and I think it was even rumored for the Wii U before the Wii U even launched hence my disappointment when it didn't happen. We can also get great games from it like Super Mario Sunshine, the Pikmin games, and F-Zero GX. Super Smash Bros Melee can also get included so people can stop asking for Melee HD.
Oh man, I must have blanked when I looked at the Eshop. They STILL haven't-

. . .yeaaah. They need to get on that. Like, ASAP.

This NEEDS to be a thing on NX.

Also throw Skies of Arcadia port onto pile plz

Also they need to get Square-Enix on board with VC stuff.

The Final Fantasy series is ported onto phones, but not NES and SNES Virtual Console?

And I keep hearing about Chrono Trigger, but I apparently can't buy THAT on any current gen consoles either! I mean, I guess I could track down a DS cartridge or something, but I'm only really invested enough to download it off of an Eshop on a whim.

Oh, and I guess they should offer Super Geno RPGeno: LeGeno of the Seven Genos up too, or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also they need to get Square-Enix on board with VC stuff.
Square Enix has supported Wii U and 3DS VC, but other than Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, all of their Wii U and 3DS VC games have only been released in Japan. Why that is, I have no idea.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IIRC the US VC still doesn't have Xenoblade Chronicles.

They should really get on that, as the VC version is the best version of the game. GamePad does wonders for the controls, and also means you can use Off TV Play to get those extra hours in when the TV is unavailable.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I want to see the Wii version of Xenoblade Chronicles on the E-Shop because there's no way i'm spending 200 bucks for a New 3DS when I already have the original 3DS/

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I get a feeling that Yo-Kai Watch is going to get in the next Smash Bros game even though i'm a bit iffy if the series deserves playable representation or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I get a feeling that Yo-Kai Watch is going to get in the next Smash Bros game even though i'm a bit iffy if the series deserves playable representation or not.
Assuming all games so far get ported everywhere, that will be 3 big entities into an already growing phenomenon. Plus all the popularity and merch, I'd say it be fair if it got repped. I still want Layton with any involvement of Level 5 games though.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yokai watch is pretty fun. I'm looking forward to the second one.

The third one is kinda iffy though. I might skip it

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo was at Whistler and I missed it? :O
Actually that doesn't really bother me too much lol.

If it was a Nintendo series I'd agree.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I really think Yokai will die pretty hard. It's not doing as well in the West as the fans like to think. And while sure, it's doing well in Japan. So many fads rise and fall in Japan. It blew up during a drought of Pokemon content, no?

I completely respect fans of the series I guess. But I don't think there's a well backed up argument that the game is actually anything better than average.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I was under the impression that Nintendo owned the full rights to the series like it does with Pokemon. And yeah I agree that Layton would be a better Level-5 choice than any Yo-Kai Watch character.

When it comes to new series being represented in Smash though, Golden Sun and Advance Wars are always my picks. 2 series that absolutely deserve to be in Smash and it's a shame that neither has gotten in yet.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really think Yokai will die pretty hard. It's not doing as well in the West as the fans like to think. And while sure, it's doing well in Japan. So many fads rise and fall in Japan. It blew up during a drought of Pokemon content, no?

I completely respect fans of the series I guess. But I don't think there's a well backed up argument that the game is actually anything better than average.
That is what I think.

The game series has a lot of restrictions that ...honestly might be resolved by copying pokemon.

Especially the lack of trading and breeding

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly.
My bigger problems with Yokai Watch were... two of the three cruxes for a "Gain 'Em & Train 'Em" RPG.

Capture rates being too damn low for far too much of the cast even when using the best possible situation. Especially with you having to go out of your way to trigger most battles.

And that combat was more about you managing item usage than any actual control of combat.

Edit: Honestly... it kinda flounders on the third which IS in the library of creatures and evolution aspect to them. The amount of recolors is not something kept secret and evolution never going past a step 2 felt limited in a way. I agree that a lot of its benefit was from being at the right place at the right time being something new in the "stagnation" of Pokemon. However, it isn't something that I feel shines outside of this, like what some said for games like Xenoblade Chronicles in a "drought" of quality and innovative JRPGs.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think Yokai Watch will be popular enough world wide to merit making a contract with Level 5.

I mean...

:snake::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud: are all super popular around the world.

:4bayonetta:won a worldwide ballot.

I don't see Yokai Watch doing that any time soon.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I spent 70 coins trying to get a count cavity

70 coins I had to get by "cheating"

If I hadn't "cheated" it would have taken weeks to get that many.

And I still never got a count cavity

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
I love Star vs the Forces of Evil so much omg

Also Star is autistic and I will fight you if you deny my ability to read too far into a silly cartoon on Disney channel.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Here's how I see it:
I doubt it's merely going to fade away from the West and that's that. Far from it. But I do think that given time it's going to become more a franchise like Advance Wars or Golden Sun: Popular, but not ground-breakingly huge. Once again, I'm fairly certain it's going to stick around for a while, but claiming it will beat the likes of let's say Mario or some other JRPG is a bit of a stretch.

Whether it will come to Smash 5 is beyond me. At best it may get a trophy, but as of now I have no idea what will happen.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
You may think that but I'll have you know I was a yellow stripe in karate when I was like seven.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
For me, the perfect representation of Level-5 in Smash Bros would be to have Professor Layton as a playable character thanks to his more recognisable association with Nintendo and popularity amongst fans, whilst having Jibanyan being an Assist Trophy.

That's the stance that I'll be sticking with in regards to Level-5 and Smash Bros. Layton is obviously one of the first Level-5 characters people would recognise - Jibanyan would probably be a close second nowadays - and I can see a lot more being done in terms of Layton's fighter potential (From fencing, building slot machine guns, gliders) if compared to Jibanyan (Who range from Neko-Hokuto no Ken, minus the gory explosions; fire magic, and various cat-based attacks).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I love Star vs the Forces of Evil so much omg

Also Star is autistic and I will fight you if you deny my ability to read too far into a silly cartoon on Disney channel.
I dunno. I haven't seen much of the show

But she seems quite social for someone that is supposed to be autistic

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lsNjCTLAaI

Do you guys know when this trailer happened? I know it was the first trailer for Brawl and I was either 10-11 years old when it happened. I'm thinking this was like 2005 because I vividly remember being 10 years old and stumbling across this Smash Bros video that caught my interest and made me excited for a 3rd Smash Bros game.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You may think that but I'll have you know I was a yellow stripe in karate when I was like seven.
Recommended Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.

Come at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom