• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Ugh, fine. I lose.

It just really, really bothers me to know we're definitely going to have a cow starter. You could say it makes me have a cow just thinking about it.

It also really bothers me that Nintendo is going to go the cheap cop-out route with the next Smash and likely not even making a title for the NX.

You know what? The preemptive future of gaming just makes me upset in general. I can't agree with a single decision that Nintendo hasn't officially said they've made yet but are confirmed to have made.
I don't know about you but the potential for a possible fiery minotaur comes with the eventual cow starter! I wouldn't even care if they give it the fighting type, that'd be sick!!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I think you may need to rest a little then
Take a break from the site or something

Izana is great, too bad he joins you too late and his recruitment method is probably the last thing you'd do in the game
In Revelations, another character takes his place as the only exclusive Revelations character
And his/her name is
Fuga
If I leave too long I'm gonna get even antsier. I get super paranoid about my last few posts whenever I just up and leave.

I think I'll take a step back and focus on Fates for a few hours instead of following threads, though.

*EDIT* Also I looked up your spoiler and funny enough that's NOT the last thing I'd do in the game.

I respect Pit too much to neglect that service. :4pit:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I don't know if this has been posted already, but I found this amazing Pokemon 20th anniversary gif on my Facebook feed today.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

The transitions into the next generation was my favorite touch.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
That's a bull. A cow would be the one with utters

If you want the gender neutral term it's "Cattle"

Edit: Actually

• An "intact" (i.e., not castrated) adult male is called a bull. A wild, young, unmarked bull is known as a "micky" in Australia.[15] An unbranded bovine of either sex is called a "maverick" in the USA and Canada.
  • An adult female that has had a calf (or two, depending on regional usage) is a cow.
  • A young female before she has had a calf of her own[16] and is under three years of age is called a heifer (/ˈhɛfər/ hef-ər).[17] A young female that has had only one calf is occasionally called a first-calf heifer.
  • Young cattle of both sexes are called calves until they are weaned, then weaners until they are a year old in some areas; in other areas, particularly with male beef cattle, they may be known as feeder calves or simply feeders. After that, they are referred to as yearlings or stirks[18] if between one and two years of age.[19]
  • A castrated male is called a steer in the United States; older steers are often called bullocks in other parts of the world,[20] but in North America this term refers to a young bull. Piker bullocks are micky bulls (uncastrated young male bulls) that were caught, castrated and then later lost.[15] In Australia, the term "Japanese ox" is used for grain-fed steers in the weight range of 500 to 650 kg that are destined for the Japanese meat trade.[21] In North America, draft cattle under four years old are called working steers. Improper or late castration on a bull results in it becoming a coarse steer known as a stag in Australia, Canada and New Zealand.[22] In some countries, an incompletely castrated male is known also as a rig.
  • A castrated male (occasionally a female or in some areas a bull) kept for draft purposes is called an ox (plural oxen); "ox" may also be used to refer to some carcass products from any adult cattle, such as ox-hide, ox-blood, oxtail, or ox-liver.[17]
  • A springer is a cow or heifer close to calving.[23]
  • In all cattle species, a female twin of a bull usually becomes an infertile partial intersex, and is called a freemartin.
  • Neat (horned oxen, from which neatsfoot oil is derived), beef (young ox) and beefing (young animal fit for slaughtering) are obsolete terms, although poll, pollard or polled cattle are still terms in use for naturally hornless animals, or in some areas also for those that have been disbudded or dehorned.
  • Cattle raised for human consumption are called beef cattle. Within the American beef cattle industry, the older term beef (plural beeves) is still used to refer to an animal of either sex. Some Australian, Canadian, New Zealand and British people use the term beast, especially for single animals when the sex is unknown.[24]
  • Cattle bred specifically for milk production are called milking or dairy cattle;[14] a cow kept to provide milk for one family may be called a house cow or milker. A "fresh cow" is a dairy term for a cow or first-calf heifer who has recently given birth, or "freshened."
  • The adjective applying to cattle in general is usually bovine. The terms "bull", "cow" and "calf" are also used by extension to denote the sex or age of other large animals, including whales, hippopotamuses, camels, elk andelephants.
Wow, I've never heard of freemartins before.
That's really awesome.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Since Pokemon is being discussed, I feel this is a good time to show off one of the songs in game. More specifically, Magikarp Festival's theme.

This song is amazing and I can't wait to see what else there is. Definitely looking forward to Pokken Tournament.

D

Deleted member

If I leave too long I'm gonna get even antsier. I get super paranoid about my last few posts whenever I just up and leave.

I think I'll take a step back and focus on Fates for a few hours instead of following threads, though.

*EDIT* Also I looked up your spoiler and funny enough that's NOT the last thing I'd do in the game.

I respect Pit too much to neglect that service. :4pit:
I get how you feel, I usually think I worded my posts wrong and it's going to be taken the wrong way but I'll only be able to correct my post later so I kinda get the feeling

As for Fates, I mean
Usually, most players won't even think of upgrading their Bath Houses unless they have nothing else to spend DVPs on
I guess Izana is a fan of them too :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That's a bull. A cow would be the one with utters

If you want the gender neutral term it's "Cattle"

Edit: Actually

• An "intact" (i.e., not castrated) adult male is called a bull. A wild, young, unmarked bull is known as a "micky" in Australia.[15] An unbranded bovine of either sex is called a "maverick" in the USA and Canada.
  • An adult female that has had a calf (or two, depending on regional usage) is a cow.
  • A young female before she has had a calf of her own[16] and is under three years of age is called a heifer (/ˈhɛfər/ hef-ər).[17] A young female that has had only one calf is occasionally called a first-calf heifer.
  • Young cattle of both sexes are called calves until they are weaned, then weaners until they are a year old in some areas; in other areas, particularly with male beef cattle, they may be known as feeder calves or simply feeders. After that, they are referred to as yearlings or stirks[18] if between one and two years of age.[19]
  • A castrated male is called a steer in the United States; older steers are often called bullocks in other parts of the world,[20] but in North America this term refers to a young bull. Piker bullocks are micky bulls (uncastrated young male bulls) that were caught, castrated and then later lost.[15] In Australia, the term "Japanese ox" is used for grain-fed steers in the weight range of 500 to 650 kg that are destined for the Japanese meat trade.[21] In North America, draft cattle under four years old are called working steers. Improper or late castration on a bull results in it becoming a coarse steer known as a stag in Australia, Canada and New Zealand.[22] In some countries, an incompletely castrated male is known also as a rig.
  • A castrated male (occasionally a female or in some areas a bull) kept for draft purposes is called an ox (plural oxen); "ox" may also be used to refer to some carcass products from any adult cattle, such as ox-hide, ox-blood, oxtail, or ox-liver.[17]
  • A springer is a cow or heifer close to calving.[23]
  • In all cattle species, a female twin of a bull usually becomes an infertile partial intersex, and is called a freemartin.
  • Neat (horned oxen, from which neatsfoot oil is derived), beef (young ox) and beefing (young animal fit for slaughtering) are obsolete terms, although poll, pollard or polled cattle are still terms in use for naturally hornless animals, or in some areas also for those that have been disbudded or dehorned.
  • Cattle raised for human consumption are called beef cattle. Within the American beef cattle industry, the older term beef (plural beeves) is still used to refer to an animal of either sex. Some Australian, Canadian, New Zealand and British people use the term beast, especially for single animals when the sex is unknown.[24]
  • Cattle bred specifically for milk production are called milking or dairy cattle;[14] a cow kept to provide milk for one family may be called a house cow or milker. A "fresh cow" is a dairy term for a cow or first-calf heifer who has recently given birth, or "freshened."
  • The adjective applying to cattle in general is usually bovine. The terms "bull", "cow" and "calf" are also used by extension to denote the sex or age of other large animals, including whales, hippopotamuses, camels, elk andelephants.
That's why I said, it could start as a cow and evolve into a bull. It fits the theme in the base stage as all do, and then as it evolves it would change into a slightly different creature. It wouldn't be that bad of an concept. A cow could still be done well.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
That's why I said, it could start as a cow and evolve into a bull. It fits the theme in the base stage as all do, and then as it evolves it would change into a slightly different creature. It wouldn't be that bad of an concept. A cow could still be done well.
So basically a cow that spews lava instead of milk.

Mooooo-st have

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You guys deserve to know that you can have babies with your friends regardless of gender in Fates.

If you get someones card and then give them accessories in their castle constantly, a "bond unit" will appear, and while they're not called you and the other person's child it's pretty clear what they're trying to do.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just watched gameplay footage of Doctor Kirby from Kirby Planet Robobot.

I want the game even more just for Dr. Kirby (I love me some Dr. Mario and it shows in this game).

D

Deleted member

Let's play a game guys:

A new Mario Kart game has been announced, and they are allowing non-mario characters as DLC.

Now you have to choose 10 non-mario characters (and you can choose anyone from Smash and even Super Mario Maker, so if you want to choose the Majohng piece or that one anime girl, be my guess) as drivers for this new installment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivander

Smash Legend
You guys deserve to know that you can have babies with your friends regardless of gender in Fates.

If you get someones card and then give them accessories in their castle constantly, a "bond unit" will appear, and while they're not called you and the other person's child it's pretty clear what they're trying to do.
They pretty much function like children, due to the fact that they have the last skills of their parents like children do and the secondary classes of their parents. Though it is interesting to note that while they are more likely of getting an existing character's Personal skill, they can have regular skills as Personal Skills, including Quick Salve, Luna, Sol, Rend Heaven, Aptitude, Vantage and even Lethality.

D

Deleted member

Let's play a game guys:

A new Mario Kart game has been announced, and they are allowing non-mario characters as DLC.

Now you have to choose 10 non-mario characters (and you can choose anyone from Smash and even Super Mario Maker, so if you want to choose the Majohng piece or that one anime girl, be my guess) as drivers for this new installment.
Link
Samus
Pit
Kirby
Marth
Captain Falcon
Shulk
Sonic
Mega Man
Pac-Man

If I could add an eleventh character, then I would have chosen Ness.

EDIT: And Fox would've been a good choice as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Apparently Nintendo forgot to translate Wolf Link's costume information in the English version of Super Mario Maker

wow
I don't mind us getting Urufu Rinku. :p

-----------------------

And what's the problem with a cow starter? We've only had three bovine pokémon till now (Tauros, Miltank and Bouffalant) and there are a lot more of those that we've not yet seen in Pokémon. Like a yak or an African wild buffalo.

Though a fire-type cow pokémon does sound odd. A grass or ice or water type seems more fitting.

:231:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Let's play a game guys:

Link
Zelda
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Falco
Peppy
Slippy
Wolf
Captain Falcon

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Let's play a game guys:

Sonic
Pac-Man
Mega Man
Pit
Inkling
Pikachu
Kirby
Samus
Captain Falcon
Fox

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Let's play a game guys:

Cloud
Ryu
Kirby
Fox/Falco
Ness/Lucas
Excitbike Bike
Mega Man/X/Green Biker Dude
Pac-Man
Arcade Bunny
Sonic

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A mario kart sequel that can have anyone form Mario Maker?

You know the top choices are:

Majhong Tile. his weight would be so light, and he'd be so fast!

That anime Girl: Simple Anime will take over Nintendo

The Arwing because playing as a vehicle would be a step in a new direction.

Midna and Wolf link: This is just as good as having the ar Wing playable! It be the closet thing to double dash!
:p

and Lastly E Gadd: Why did they cut him from the DS one? They need to fix this!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Let's play a game guys:

:4villager::4link: (as in Mario Kart 8)
:4fox:(Landmaster pls)
:4olimar:
:4pacman::4sonic:
:4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight: (Obviously based on Kirby Air Ride)
:4ness: (The bus from EarthBound pls)

:231:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
As cool as a cow/bull/ox/cattle fire starter would be...I'd still take a fierce tiger at this point...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
OK, yes, I was definitely overly harsh, but I'm just. . .not a bovine person. If we got a bovine starter, I'd most likely end up picking one of the other two.

Also, the zodiac can only end in half of the given bovine starters online being named things like "Steak," "McBurger," and a whole unholy host of other food related gag names. Feel free to decide now whether you're going to jump on that bandwagon or start cringing.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cows are neat!

My favorite farm animal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, so that's what Bond Units are
That's weird
Fixed that for ya.
Lucina gets Aether and can get Galeforce either through reclassing or through one of her mothers
Unless you mean her character
Which I would still disagree
They pretty much function like children, due to the fact that they have the last skills of their parents like children do and the secondary classes of their parents. Though it is interesting to note that while they are more likely of getting an existing character's Personal skill, they can have regular skills as Personal Skills, including Quick Salve, Luna, Sol, Rend Heaven, Aptitude, Vantage and even Lethality.
Well, that'd allow them to effectively have 6 skill slots
If they had supports, that **** would be broken

Speaking of which, Personal skills are actually a really neat addition
Some more useful than others
They range from stacking auras to certain gimmick ones that can be really useful when combined with others(Critical Odin+Selena) and some are just wasted opportunities like all of the ones that only activate while supporting Corrin
I hope they keep it in future games either way though

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OK, yes, I was definitely overly harsh, but I'm just. . .not a bovine person. If we got a bovine starter, I'd most likely end up picking one of the other two.

Also, the zodiac can only end in half of the given bovine starters online being named things like "Steak," "McBurger," and a whole unholy host of other food related gag names. Feel free to decide now whether you're going to jump on that bandwagon or start cringing.
I mean we already have 'KFC' and 'Bacon' for starters...so what's wrong with a little 'Steak'?...
Thing is either way you can't expect to like every starter...that's usually why we have three to choose from...I'm pretty open to any animal so long as the concept is executed well...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Since I was sick today, I couldn't do much, am wound up creating this in GIMP:
IvysaurandCharziard.png

I like how it turned out. I made them as fancy as can be! I think Charziard probably came out best.
Thoughts?

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei Tagged for obvious reasons.

Oh and for anyone curious. I spent two hours on this.

Last edited:

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh, so that's what Bond Units are
That's weird
You can get more info here.
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-characters/bond-units/
And yeah, by what I heard, the names vary between which versions you're playing and which ones you connect with. That being said, Sho Minamimoto would be proud of the 3rd Path X 3rd Path names.
Well, that'd allow them to effectively have 6 skill slots
If they had supports, that **** would be broken

Speaking of which, Personal skills are actually a really neat addition
Some more useful than others
They range from stacking auras to certain gimmick ones that can be really useful when combined with others(Critical Odin+Selena) and some are just wasted opportunities like all of the ones that only activate while supporting Corrin
I hope they keep it in future games either way though
I like the personal skills. Especially the ones that are good all-around, like Ryoma, Xander, Odin, Kaze, etc. I would also like to see them in future games.

That being said, has anyone playing Fates ever get the Child hair glitch? Basically, you get a child unit from another castle, then when you first enter the Paralogue to get the child unit for your story, their hair color is the same as the Einherjar child you got until they actually appear on the battlefield with the hair color of the mom you gave to their father.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-03-11/how-fire-emblem-became-a-phenomenon/.99657

Did notice some errors in this article, but it pretty much says what everyone already knew. Waifus sell. -_-

Though I do like the point about FE's art/characters tending to reflect each era of anime.
So Awakening's success represents the introduction of anime to the general western audience and Fates represents the subsequent downfall of the industry brought on by otakus?

Interesting. :troll:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Let's play a game guys:

:4dedede::4kirby::4metaknight:
:4pikachu::4mewtwo:
:4falcon:
:4pacman:
:4sonic:
Badge rabbit
:4olimar:

D

Deleted member

I've been seeing a lot of S-Rank weapons in online but I only have the axe and the tome
Does anyone know how to get them?

Also, damn, Hinoka will need some Talismans because she just got burned
FB_IMG_1457738324978.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom