• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Flora in particular was really off for me. If for no other reason than you have Felicia in the shared pool I feel Flora should've at least had "Options."
Reina and Scarlet... yeah.
But Scarlet being in the shared pool wouldn't help the problem if you're playing Revelations
I feel that Shura in general is kind of a throwaway.
Reina I feel is the biggest offense. She joins very early and before you get all of your fathers in Birthright(I don't know about her in Revelations) and her personality is basically ravager when in battle and housewife when not battling. Also, one of her quotes is the developers taunting us that she's Corrin only. If you're married to another character and you invite her to your quarters, she will comment about the 2 of you and wonder when she will married to somebody..........yeah.
And yeah, Flora should've at least have more "Options" than Corrin.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Serebii just posted this:

"A new event distribution has been announced for Japan. In Japan, to help victims of the Sendai earthquakes of five years ago, a Pokémon with You campaign is running where donations are given to aid people who were affected by it. If you donate some money at the Pokémon With You campaign between March 11th and 31st, you will be given a Serial Code to get a special Pikachu which knows the move Bestow, a move it can't normally know. The serial code can be redeemed from March 11th through to April 21st"

That's a nice way to raise money for charity. It's pretty cool!
Bestow is kind of...completely useless as a move

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Same. My reason for this though is kind of interesting. I had all the money saved up for it, the Gamecube adapter, and several new controllers but then I had a strange incident. I was at work and some international students (I worked for a university's police department and was on patrol) brought me what I assumed was a dead kitten. They handed it to me and the thing kind of sprung to life in my hands. The thing was like 95% dead: miserably dehydrated, starved, stuffed with parasites, and so anemic that it would go into seizures every five minutes, pass out, and then wake up in a panic to begin the cycle again. I wound up taking him to the vet and, long story short, they got him back to health. Because he was in such rough shape, the bill was pretty steep and I would up spending everything I had saved up for Smash on him. Because of his lifelessness and then springing to life and how he foiled my plans to get Smash Wii U, I wound up calling him Geno. He's still with me and, as you might expect from something that almost starved to death, he has a voracious appetite.
You averted a cat-astrophe. Much respect, my man. Much respect. *fistbump*

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We had a cat that ran away for a couple months. When it came back, it was extremely thin. Skin and bones.

It was extremely fat before it ran away, and is extremely fat now

I think we had to give it steroids or something for a while

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True, but it's still nice. I think bestow gets some usage in doubles, but not much.
The only thing I can imagine it being used for, is in doubles when one pokemon uses it's berry or whatever and you can transfer another item onto it. I guess. Or if your fighting against a pokemon you know is going to use a berry so you transfer something negative onto it.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Reina I feel is the biggest offense. She joins very early and before you get all of your fathers in Birthright(I don't know about her in Revelations) and her personality is basically ravager when in battle and housewife when not battling. Also, one of her quotes is the developers taunting us that she's Corrin only. If you're married to another character and you invite her to your quarters, she will comment about the 2 of you and wonder when she will married to somebody..........yeah.
And yeah, Flora should've at least have more "Options" than Corrin.
Oh, IIRC Reina joins

A chapter EARLIER in Revelations.

In case you were wondering.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
And that's not considering A LOT of people who don't have Smash 4 Wii U have Smash 4 3DS and they are fine with just that.

Only supreme fanboys would buy a port without extra content of a game they already have.
My thoughts exactly. It'd definitely be a hard sell unless something new was offered. At the very least, I'm expecting all the DLC smashed in along with some 3DS stages, some new stages, and possibly new modes like Smash Run or an actual Adventure mode. I still think a character or two is plausible because Nintendo knows we're half stupid for them. Hell, if they did K. Rool and Inkling, that'd pretty much be enough to drive sales.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I went to a tournament at a game shop today and the owner's girlfriend was going on and on about various Pokemon rumors. Obviously all of this should be taken with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila if you want to get hyped anyways):

-Claimed a full list of all the new Pokemon had been leaked on 4chan.
-Some Pokemon she mentioned were based on coconut crabs, dolphins, and tikis (she said this one was fire/grass) .
-No new starters but players could choose any of the starters from the previous six generations.
-New types: space/cosmic and manmade Pokemon (forgot the specific word she used)
-Setting will be heavily based on Hawaii.
-Mega evolutions for all the starters who haven't gotten one yet.

Again, just rumors.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I went to a tournament at a game shop today and the owner's girlfriend was going on and on about various Pokemon rumors. Obviously all of this should be taken with a grain of salt (and a shot of tequila if you want to get hyped anyways):

-Claimed a full list of all the new Pokemon had been leaked on 4chan.
-Some Pokemon she mentioned were based on coconut crabs, dolphins, and tikis (she said this one was fire/grass) .
-No new starters but players could choose any of the starters from the previous six generations.
-New types: space/cosmic and manmade Pokemon (forgot the specific word she used)
-Setting will be heavily based on Hawaii.
-Mega evolutions for all the starters who haven't gotten one yet.

Again, just rumors.
I think we've actually discussed that 4chan post here.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think we've actually discussed that 4chan post here.
I remember the Cosmic stuff. I doubt it'll be a real type. There's not much reason when Fairy and Psychic covers a lot of this mysterious stuff well enough. Never mind Rock alone can covers a lot of "Stars" and "Planets". Fairy at least made sense being separate, being based a lot on Folklore and all. Ground also made sense to be separated from Rock since they have tons of unique attacks. Every official type(even those retconned out) makes a lot of sense(even ??? and Shadow).

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I remember the Cosmic stuff. I doubt it'll be a real type. There's not much reason when Fairy and Psychic covers a lot of this mysterious stuff well enough. Never mind Rock alone can covers a lot of "Stars" and "Planets". Fairy at least made sense being separate, being based a lot on Folklore and all. Ground also made sense to be separated from Rock since they have tons of unique attacks. Every official type(even those retconned out) makes a lot of sense(even ??? and Shadow).
Plus Cosmic is a pretty common fan type anyway, along with some sort of man-made type.

Fairy. . .was not. At all.

I don't know if it's because I'm feeling off right now, but I get the feeling that if another new type is introduced, the developers of Pokémon might go for something a little more original again.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Plus Cosmic is a pretty common fan type anyway, along with some sort of man-made type.

Fairy. . .was not. At all.

I don't know if it's because I'm feeling off right now, but I get the feeling that if another new type is introduced, the developers of Pokémon might go for something a little more original again.
Hell, I had fun with my own types as well. Wind I've also seen, being that it's meant to be used for actual attacks that aren't blatantly bird-based(Gust, for instance). Flying covers both Bird and Wind well in its name, thankfully. Plus, in many cases, air creatures are disrupted by electricity, same with using rock/earth attacks. That's likely why they combined them, to simplify it. That, and Bird doesn't really cover things like Bats or other flying Mammals well.

Fairy might've shown up among a fan or two, but yeah, was hardly common. I find it interesting that it's the first type(Shadow aside, technically) to completely replace some among the various retconned Pokemon. Like Snubbull is pure Fairy now. It's kind of neat they did that. Also makes transferring from one game easier if they simply program it so a specific type(Pokemon or move) goes back to what it was. But that's also why some games aren't compatible, if a move wouldn't be possible in another game. Or at least certain move combinations, anyway.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Seems too soon for a new type. GF could milk Fairy and Mega Evos for like another two gens before the fans start getting uppity about wanting new stuff.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Seems too soon for a new type. GF could milk Fairy and Mega Evos for like another two gens before the fans start getting uppity about wanting new stuff.
I dunno, I'm thinking they'll drop them this next gen. I kind of feel it was just a 1 gen gimmick.

I'm hoping for a Mega Exploud first though...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno, I'm thinking they'll drop them this next gen. I kind of feel it was just a 1 gen gimmick.

I'm hoping for a Mega Exploud first though...
Even without the fact that there's a lot more Pokemon out there to Mega, they seem popular and more importantly they're good for merchandizing, so I very much doubt that will happen.

I'd be fine if they were dropped though. Some of the designs are rad, but I was never big on the idea in the first place.

Soul.

Nintendo wants more money and so I think Smash is no longer console exclusive anymore. Have the game put into a wider install base for more sales, as well as accessibility. Like pretty much every company, they really care about their sales so this has to make sense. The 3DS version is literally a few numbers away from reaching 8 million units (currently at 7.92m). It's still obviously going to be on consoles, duh. Smash on Wii U is the lowest selling entry though, which I guess is because of how low the Wii U install base is.

If NX has the console and handheld sharing the same architecture, this only means Smash won't be as hard to develop as 3DS and Wii U. Which would be probably amazing since you can get the game out soon early on the systems' lifespans.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My power just went out for a while...it's on for the moment

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Anyone else find scrolling on Smashboards to be a ton more laggy lately? Just me?

D

Deleted member

Flora in particular was really off for me. If for no other reason than you have Felicia in the shared pool I feel Flora should've at least had "Options."
Reina and Scarlet... yeah.
But Scarlet being in the shared pool wouldn't help the problem if you're playing Revelations
I feel that Shura in general is kind of a throwaway.
It's just... weird.
Since Anna's DLC doesn't come out for another month, I decided to play Revelations the "right" way first to see how that plays in with the story before going with what works out better.
I still don't get what's up with the Corrinsexuals
They were one of the biggest complaints in Awakening
At least Gunter and Flora can support with Jakob and Felicia, respectively, but that's it
It's even worse with Flora because
Her Birthright Boss dialogue against Jakob has her confess her feelings for him
And Shura gets no other supports, he could at least have some with Azura(non-romantic, of course) considering
He was the one who kidnapped her years ago

Also
Revelations spoilers
Scarlet could technically help in Revelations
You could probably grind out her supports before she leaves, as you can do that with M!Corrin during the chapters she's with you

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I've been pondering the Nintendo Account thing, and I'm wondering what it could have outside of Club Nintendo and Miitomo.

I remember a long time ago they used to have exclusive trinkets (like wallpapers) for if you registered a certain game or something along those lines, and I wonder if they may bring that idea back in another form.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So I've been pondering the Nintendo Account thing, and I'm wondering what it could have outside of Club Nintendo and Miitomo.

I remember a long time ago they used to have exclusive trinkets (like wallpapers) for if you registered a certain game or something along those lines, and I wonder if they may bring that idea back in another form.
From what's known from the Japanese version so far, My Nintendo offers discounts on games based on your preferences. For example, if you have Fire Emblem: Awakening, I believe, downloading Fire Emblem: Fates (Birthright or Conquest) was 30% off. I'm not sure if it requires having a digital copy of Awakening, or if it can just detect save data or something so players with a physical copy can also get Fates discounted.

That's the only concrete thing I know about. I believe they have hinted at stuff like physical rewards like Club Nintendo always had. Also, there is a Twilight Princess Picross game that is apparently going to be exclusive to My Nintendo. And we know that the account will somehow be compatible with their theme parks and eventual movies.

Overall it just sounds like a fusion of like, Playstation Plus and Club Nintendo, having digital discounts and offers, as well as physical rewards.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm a pretty tolerant person, but I am getting tired of these leaks and rumors.

In fact, I'm getting tired of getting tired of these leaks and rumors.
This thread was actually made to replace the Leaks/Rumors group. So you should expect lots of leaks/rumors from this thread. It was literally made for it and all. Likewise, you don't have to discuss any of them and the variety of subjects discussed here(just read more than one page) means there should be something for everyone. :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd just prefer we stick to leaks/rumours that seem worth a damn (like SuperMetalDave ones), than flooding the thread with every random "leak" under the sun.

Most of them aren't even interesting.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of leaks, why don't we laugh at these?
The water one is literally Totodile in a swimsuit

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I laugh at everything except the female trainer, which is honestly pretty good design.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That tweet is funny because it's true. lol

(For those who don't understand the tweet, it says: "Fake CoroCoro is just like that: shows the silhouette and the Pokémon in the same issue.")

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Everyone is talking about cats and I remembered one that belonged to my brother ran away on Christmas Day. There were time's we looked around the neighborhead to look for him and had no luck. We do find him, but he's too fast to catch due to his alley cat instincts kicking in. And the worst part? We never got a chance to neuter him so Lord knows what he's been doing for the past three months. I guess we can say that he never really cared about living with us after all this time we took care of him.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Just completed Twilight Princess HD, is it just me, or does this remake have more bugs and glitches than the original? Then again, I haven't played the original in quite sometime but I don't recall the camera controls and movement being so clunky at times and the fishing pond resulting into an infinite loop that you can't skip out of.....

Oh well, I see Pokemon is up next for receiving a lot of leaks, fun times....

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If the fire starter isn't a member of the Chinese Zodiac I automatically don't take it seriously. As bad as blindly following patterns is, I'd love to see a fire Rabbit, Ox, or Goat next.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If the fire starter isn't a member of the Chinese Zodiac I automatically don't take it seriously. As bad as blindly following patterns is, I'd love to see a fire Rabbit, Ox, or Goat next.
While I religiously follow Fire's Chinese Zodiac thing, wasn't Grass starters reptiles (Chespin killed it if it is)?

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
While I religiously follow Fire's Chinese Zodiac thing, wasn't Grass starters reptiles (Chespin killed it if it is)?
I think Chespin had some relation with some Ice Age mammal. I remember the reading the article over on Dorkly a long time ago. Patterns aren't good, but it was a fairly amusing read.

Grass: Prehistoric/Extinct Animal
Fire: Chinese Zodiac
Water: Animal that lives both on land/underwater.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/48783/the-truth-about-pokemon-starters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think Chespin had some relation with some Ice Age mammal. I remember the reading the article over on Dorkly a long time ago. Patterns aren't good, but it was a fairly amusing read.

Grass: Prehistoric/Extinct Animal
Fire: Chinese Zodiac
Water: Animal that lives both on land/underwater.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/48783/the-truth-about-pokemon-starters
Ah.

Didn't know about Chespin's origins actually (and to call me a Chespin fan... :lol:)

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'm following what the others have said.
The Grass starter "pattern" is really ambiguous with Chespin throwing what we assumed out the window and the "water & land living" water starter thing may be the next.

But I am sticking to the Zodiac because it still sticks out as a theme.

fun though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom