• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My Direct Bingo Card since I don't know how to do the formatting stuff. 1. Starts from the Top Left and 25. Ends at the Bottom Right.

I would be really grateful to anyone that can put my list in to the Bingo Card format.

1. Star Fox Zero news
2. Hyrule Warriors Legends news
3. Fire Emblem Fates DLC
4. Monster Hunter
5. MH X FE
6. SNES games on the N3DS VC
7. Detective Pikachu
8. Roy Amiibo support for both FE Fates and Codename S.T.E.A.M (English Roy yay!)
9. Miitomo news
10. Mother 3 on the Wii U VC
11. Nindies
12. Salty SMX (guaranteed 100% canon lol)
13. Free Space
14. Metriod Prime Federation Force news
15. Amiibo stuff all over the place
16. Bill gets fired or is the punch line of some joke
17. Pikmin 4 news
18. Lost Revears
19. New IP?
20. Pokemon G/S/C on the 3DS VC
21. Nintendo Account news
22. New Paper Mario for Wii U
23. Mario & Sonic at the whatever year it is Olympic Games
24. Nintendo Account news
25. Golden Sun 4 (pretty please?)

I feel ya. Here in the Greater Toronto Area it seems like theirs a bank robbery every week or so.
We don't have robberies here often. I live in a small town, so the police are never really swamped. But in recent years, they've been really slow with react time/listening to calls, so it's been somewhat of a problem.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol where is this gif from?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

and new smashified is out today. Hoping it's grovyle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
We don't have robberies here often. I live in a small town, so the police are never really swamped. But in recent years, they've been really slow with react time/listening to calls, so it's been somewhat of a problem.
Is it sad I'd expect them to react quicker if you say 'black person' as a culprit? Racist cops are always around in the US from what I hear

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is it sad I'd expect them to react quicker if you say 'black person' as a culprit? Racist cops are always around in the US from what I hear

That I do not know, I feel like the racist cop debate is weird.

It's different everywhere in the U.S. I think that police brutality is a problem sometimes, but not every case should automatically be viewed as it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So i got to chapter 18 in Conquest.

Chapter 17 was interesting. For those who played it:
Did you kill or recruit yuro? I got the vibe that it be better to recruit him based on what they said. The next chapter proved this for me. Still haven't beat yet, but I'm doing it now. The story is pretty good so far! Chapter 16 was easy and offered a lot more info to the overlapping story.

I can't wait to see this progress.

side not: The hot tub building is pretty funny.

I went in there yesterday and corrin sat down, and perri was there.

She was like: "Oh hey, if your here, we can wash each other's backs!"

Corrin's reaction was amazing.

He jumped up with a look like "Oh ****" and ran out of there.

I wasn't expecting that so I laughed.

Honestly the localization issues don't do anything to hinder this game. People should stop overreacting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Did you kill or recruit yuro? I got the vibe that it be better to recruit him based on what they said. The next chapter proved this for me. Still haven't beat yet, but I'm doing it now. The story is pretty good so far! Chapter 16 was easy and offered a lot more info to the overlapping story.

Honestly the localization issues don't do anything to hinder this game. People should stop overreacting.
Elise challenges you to a belly flop contest. And thus, I agreed she was a cinnamon roll whi must always be protected at all times

"Bu-bu-bu-but sjws ruined my fur imblm!"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Elise challenges you to a belly flop contest. And thus, I agreed she was a cinnamon roll whi must always be protected at all times

"Bu-bu-bu-but sjws ruined my fur imblm!"
That's pretty good. The dialogue between everyone is really good in this game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well let's backpedal this a bit. I don't think we all necessarily hate America. At least I certainly don't.

Can we be big balls of stupid? Sure. Do I think we're flawed as all hell? Well of course. But that doesn't mean I despise the country I've grown up in, nor would I want to see it go down in flames. I can still like my country but despise what's going on in it, and I'm not the only one who thinks the way.

Humanity as a whole are dolts. Sure the USA is currently the peanut gallery, but on the other side of the coin good luck finding a country who isn't flawed.

We all fall short together.
Well that was essentially my point, I just worded it stupidly.

"Hate" was definitely a strong word. I just get a headache whenever I see our government or more well known individuals doing idiotic things on a near constant basis. But ten to one if you shipped me off to another country and I had enough time to get to know their legal system and politics, I would have the same reaction to that country's politics.

People are stupid. And considering what dolphins do, I'd go so far as to say mammals and high-intellect creatures as a whole are stupid.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You guys do realize why people like Donald Trump are starting to gain favor and power?

It's a backlash against the spread of "PC Culture" that has been gaining ground with the likes of Anita Sarkeesian and the likes

The people that are all about not offending people and safe places and junk.

I'd never vote for Donald Trump but that's the reason people are starting to support him

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You guys do realize why people like Donald Trump are starting to gain favor and power?

It's a backlash against the spread of "PC Culture" that has been gaining ground with the likes of Anita Sarkeesian and the likes

I'd never vote for Donald Trump but that's the reason people are starting to support him
SJWs ruined America. That's something I never thought I'd be able to hear

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

And that will reach the extreme where people are insanely offended

There's no middle ground

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Man, a lot of good things for me these couple weeks: Twilight Princess HD, Super Smash Flash 2 Dev blogs, and this direct.

Noice!

D

Deleted member

I finally beat Conquest
I'll write my thoughts on the ending later

You mean Shura? Because there's no character named Yuro iirc
I did because I knew he was playable lol
But also because Corrin's whole goal is to stop pointless killing so
I got sad when I found out he has a special conversation with Chapter 17's boss
Shame I didn't use him

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
SJWs ruined America. That's something I never thought I'd be able to hear
It's what the truth, or at least the perceived truth by a majority of the republican supporters and even people that support the democrats.

Spend time with someone that supports the republican party for a while. They may not know the term "SJW" or even know who "Anita Sarkeesian" is, but they will bring up issues they have with America that follows the same doctrine that she and other groups are following.

Censorship, book burning, hypocritical double standards that are "justified", People not accepting criticism because it "offends" them

It's not just republicans either, for example "The Amazing Atheist"

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

The dumbest ideas gain power because people are fed up with already dumb ideas that just happen to be the exact opposite.

Unfortunately for my dignity, the first thing that came to mind would have invoked Godwin's Law, but considering this fandom is almost like a minibiome of political arguments in the way it is set up, I'm sure an example exists right here in our own fandom that will suffice.

*looks around *

*eventually notices a box labelled "Casuals Vs. Competitives"*

Ah, here we go.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New smashified

3D model and everything

Damn, oh well. It's nice but it's to similar to pokken's imo.
I finally beat Conquest
I'll write my thoughts on the ending later
Damn, oh well. the art is nice,but it's to similar to pokken's for me.
You mean Shura? Because there's no character named Yuro iirc
I did because I knew he was playable lol
But also because Corrin's whole goal is to stop pointless killing so
I got sad when I found out he has a special conversation with Chapter 17's boss
Shame I didn't use him
Yeah him. I forgot the name lol. I'm using him in it currently I'll have to try this out. But yeah, that was also part of my reasoning.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So :4kirby:'s voice actress retweeted the Nintendo Direct announcement:

Dis gon be gud!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I honestly think there's some people who complain too much of the perceived notion of "PC". Not saying that it doesn't exist of course but people overexaggerate it to the extreme and some use it as a means to justify their bigoted views.

It's a shame. On one hand you have the SJW's on the extreme left and then you have the crazed lunatics who think everything is PC on the extreme right who seem to get all the media attention. Wish their was more attention to people in the Center.

Dis gon be gud!
Or it could very well be nothing.

I'm sure this happened a few times with smash reveals

'
Wish their was more attention to people in the Center.
no one pays attention to the "center" people because they are boring and boring things don't make good television/articles.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Dis gon be gud!
It's actually a reboot to right back atcha!
As part of the new Nintendo Anime Campaign.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Meanwhile I'm glad that I live in Sweden.

**** American politics.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
no one pays attention to the "center" people because they are boring and boring things don't make good television/articles.
That's true. The media is so sensationalized and whatnot and all they want to talk about are controversial figures/news stories from the far left and far right. Methinks that's what fuels the support base Trump has.

Meanwhile I'm glad that I live in Sweden.

**** American politics.
True. Here in Canada politics isn't nearly as bad as it is in the States. The Con party we have here has it's flaws but they're no where near as horrible as the Rep party in the States.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
New smashified

3D model and everything

That certainly looks great. Although it does remind me a bit more of Pokken than Smash 4. But overall, very great job there.

I wish the models resource had Lucario, Greninja and Jigglypuff's models up since I would like to try and "Smashify" certain Pokemon myself....

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's not even just them; Regular citizens can be just as insane. Such as this story from a while back:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...sing-alligator-wendys-drive/story?id=36815270

Among others...
I will say that like the rest of you, I, too, hate the United States of America.

However, the concept of human stupidity is one that transcends any and all borders, so I wouldn't recommend packing your bags as wherever you end up will probably be just as terrible.
Well let's backpedal this a bit. I don't think we all necessarily hate America. At least I certainly don't.

Can we be big balls of stupid? Sure. Do I think we're flawed as all hell? Well of course. But that doesn't mean I despise the country I've grown up in, nor would I want to see it go down in flames. I can still like my country but despise what's going on in it, and I'm not the only one who thinks the way.

Humanity as a whole are dolts. Sure the USA is currently the peanut gallery, but on the other side of the coin good luck finding a country who isn't flawed.

We all fall short together.
But, of course! It's why I carry that Einstein quote wherever go.

After all, this week, I heard on the news that a man here killed his mother-in-law because he believed that his ex-wife cursed him with black magic to make his **** smaller.

There's insane people everywhere. But hey, at least, psychiatric hospitals are up and running, giving jobs to psychiatrists!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom