• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nintendo nabbing BGE2 like they did with Bayonaise?

Jade and Rayman for Smash, mates. :4bayonetta::4sonic:

Ubi would probably try to shove an assassin in there somewhere, then people would cry over Sakurai's new-found "western bias."

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
RIP premium. Back to being a pleb.

These leaks are starring to get more and more crazy with how many 3rd parties seem to be really excited for NX. Ubisoft, EA, square enix, probably a bunch im forgetting.

Going from minimal 3rd party support to everyone wanting to get in on the action. Either NX has some seriously amazing hardware or these leaks are utter crap. . .im more inclined to believe the latter than the former.
Sup peasant?

If I remember correctly EA was excited abotu the WiiU before something happened. Anyone have any idea?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sup peasant?

If I remember correctly EA was excited abotu the WiiU before something happened. Anyone have any idea?
I'm assuming that it's a combination of the gamepad being something that was more of a programming extension than they wanted to deal with and the specs of the system made it out of the question for simply porting releases as they were between PC, PS3, and 360.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys... not gonna go into details because nobody wants to hear someone drone on about their personal life.

I'm gonna be taking a leave of absence. It may be as bad as what happened this summer.

Here's hoping that the direct goes well, gaming in general is on an upswing, etc etc....

D

Deleted member

FE6 is officially full of bull****
What's better than enemy reinforcements appearing in the enemy phase? Of course, a unique recruitable enemy appearing in the enemy phase with other 3 units and said recruitable unit being a Myrmidion that doubles Mr."Took-his-father's-spot-in-Smash"

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
RIP premium. Back to being a pleb.

These leaks are starring to get more and more crazy with how many 3rd parties seem to be really excited for NX. Ubisoft, EA, square enix, probably a bunch im forgetting.

Going from minimal 3rd party support to everyone wanting to get in on the action. Either NX has some seriously amazing hardware or these leaks are utter crap. . .im more inclined to believe the latter than the former.
Well, as much as it's probably just that the leaks are fake, there IS a third option here.

Nintendo could have just gotten fed up with the snubbing and started paying them all under the table.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guys... not gonna go into details because nobody wants to hear someone drone on about their personal life.

I'm gonna be taking a leave of absence. It may be as bad as what happened this summer.

Here's hoping that the direct goes well, gaming in general is on an upswing, etc etc....
Take care, and hopefully things will improve soon for you.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
>Miyamoto
>Beyond Good and Evil 2

Don't let him near it even with a 10-foot pole, please.
Miyamoto wasn't involved in Bayonetta 2, so I think the same sort of exclusivity deal for Beyond Good & Evil wouldn't be a problem.

(Yes, I'm aware of Miyamoto's reputation in regards to what he did to some story-focused series... He may be a great game designer, but some of his views are really stuck in the past.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ash's party now consists of...

Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noivern

Neat.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The Ghostbusters reboot trailer was ****ing awful.
Can we get a better cast of people in the main roles that can actually... y'know act?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/03/no-mans-sky-launching-june-21st-on-ps4/

No Man's Sky launches on June 21st. Will have a physical version.

There's around 4 limited editions of it too, the most expensive one being this.

That's taking the piss honestly.
New IP from an unproven developer (not that being a proven dev helps *coughWatchDogscoughDestinycough*) and there's multiple editions to buy.
"Indie"

See you around when things look better for you.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noivern

Neat.
HE WOULD HAVE HAD A GOODRA TOO IF HE WASN'T A DUMDUM

Also, I highly ****ing doubt No Man Sky will be good. Unproven indie with THAT much claims about the game? Ambition is a good thing, but don't promise everything, a friend of mine is going into game design, and he's learned not to say 'My game will have X' but rather 'I want my game to have X'

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also, I highly ****ing doubt No Man Sky will be good. Unproven indie with THAT much claims about the game? Ambition is a good thing, but don't promise everything, a friend of mine is going into game design, and he's learned not to say 'My game will have X' but rather 'I want my game to have X'
Pretty sure everyone knows that after the Destiny fiasco.
"Oh you can go all over the place"
*dies because of invisible boundaries*
"Oh we'll have a story like Tolkien's material and Star Wars"
*Where is the story?*

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
The Ghostbusters reboot trailer was ****ing awful.
Can we get a better cast of people in the main roles that can actually... y'know act?

That's taking the piss honestly.
New IP from an unproven developer (not that being a proven dev helps *coughWatchDogscoughDestinycough*) and there's multiple editions to buy.
"Indie"

See you around when things look better for you.
Oh, there's a trailer out?

*watches*

. . .eh.

You know, funny thing, though.

Why is the black person the street smart one and not a scientist like the others? Isn't that a stereotype?

Just saying, if it's a movie trying to promote equal rights of some kind, that kind of thing looks rather off. XD

Oh, and the trailer has a few thousand more Dislikes than Likes. I guess that's worth pointing out.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I only trust gameplay trailers nowadays, not promises or CG trailers.

Of course that makes me a bit hypocritical because I get hyped over 10 seconds of Zelda U footage, but we don't talk about that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
When a certain other user kept whining about Corrin and Bayonetta over and over again, we called that out. I'm doing the same thing. Though then again I've been in debate with SMX before and couldn't take some arguments seriously so I guess I may have been harsher
Annuga please just shut the hell up. You don't have to be an itch with everything you say to me so just lay off for once especially when you're just flat out mocking me which is rude as all hell. Like I said before, if you don't like what I say ignore it instead of complaining about what I have to say. And FTR I was comparing a scenario with another one to justify why I wouldn't get my hopes up for the Direct and I wasn't directly talking about that event before.

Really, enough with this pitiful forum melodrama and petty insults. I won't even bother responding to you if you act this way. No offense.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That was the case with the originals.
Winston wasn't a Scientist.
I'm aware, but if they're going to swap out the entire cast both in-universe and out, it does seem sliiightly suspect that of all the details they could have maintained in a movie that specifically chose a female cast to be more progressive, it was that. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noivern

Neat.
He's team is good even if 3 are flying types. Their secondary typing balances it out nicely. I still think he;s getting a pokemon from sun and moon as his last slot since we don't see any signs of a new capture yet.

HE WOULD HAVE HAD A GOODRA TOO IF HE WASN'T A DUMDUM

I still think goodra could return in the same way Gliscor did, but it may not be likely. I hope it happens though.

I also hope he did what he did with shinnoh and use past mons in the league.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Annuga please just shut the hell up. You don't have to be an itch with everything you say to me so just lay off for once especially when you're just flat out mocking me which is rude as all hell. Like I said before, if you don't like what I say ignore it instead of complaining about what I have to say. And FTR I was comparing a scenario with another one to justify why I wouldn't get my hopes up for the Direct and I wasn't directly talking about that event before.

Really, enough with this pitiful forum melodrama and petty insults. I won't even bother responding to you if you act this way. No offense.
Except I don't act like that to everything you say. For instance, the Golden Sun post you made yesterday. My apologies if you interpreted that wrong, it was meant to be 'Golden Sun would be more the kind of game to announce at E3', and I jokingly mock pretty much everyone. Sorry if you feel like I specifically target your every post to nitpick/rant/tear the post apart

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Except I don't act like that to everything you say. For instance, the Golden Sun post you made yesterday. My apologies if you interpreted that wrong, it was meant to be 'Golden Sun would be more the kind of game to announce at E3', and I jokingly mock pretty much everyone. Sorry if you feel like I specifically target your every post to nitpick/rant/tear the post apart
It really has nothing to do with the post I made about GS yesterday and has more to do with that post and me getting upset because I used that Direct as an example of why I shouldn't get my hopes up for this upcoming Direct and then it became a topic of why are you still talking about that Direct when I was only using it to show that getting my hopes up like that is something I learned not to do so easily. Sorry for saying the things I said in that post that was rather uncalled for but I lost my cool there. No need for forum melodrama and all that stuff even on my part.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

It's over now. I think we both acknowledge that trivial forum melodrama will get us nowhere. Especially over something like Nintendo.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Here's the volcanion movie trailer.

And Ash knocked out zapdos....

How amazing would it be if he fought and caught articuno?

Although that won't happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ash knocked out a Regice. And then lost to a level 5 Snivy
I know, but let's just try and pretend the anime took a break for black and white...

I only brought that up as someone pointed it out.

Ash got talonflame while fighting moltres, then couldn't beat moltres but it left.

Then he got noiveron while fighting zapdos and it knocked out zapdos.

So what if the aforementioned articuno scenario happened. But it probably won't....

And the movie looks interesting.

The town definitely looks like it's based on attack on titan.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Pikachu
Greninja
Talonflame
Hawlucha
Noivern

Neat.
Say what? Ash has my favourite Kalos mon?
So you mean to tell he's actually going to use a dragon type?
It seems like a solid line-up...he could use a bit more defense though...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

Didn't see this before but best of luck to whatever it is you need to do. I had to take a 2 and a half month hiatus from mid-December through just a couple of days ago because of College crap that really stressed the hell out of me so I can sort of understand where you're coming from.

D

Deleted member

Someone is complaining about the trap portrait in EOV
How do you even...

Also, almost beating Conquest's Endgame
All thanks to Xander's broken, and probably illegal, Replicate skill
Letting the replica sit near Elise so the real paired up Xander can clean most of the map is a viable strategy in my book
Ash knocked out a Regice. And then lost to a level 5 Snivy
Pikachu had lost most of his powers because of Zekrom
Why does everyone forget the simple plot point that justifies that loss?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Someone is complaining about the trap portrait in EOV
How do you even...

Also, almost beating Conquest's Endgame
All thanks to Xander's broken, and probably illegal, Replicate skill
Letting the replica sit near Elise so the real paired up Xander can clean most of the map is a viable strategy in my book

Because Pikachu still had Iron Tail and I think Quick Attack

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Because it's a stupid plot point that doesn't justify a veteran trainer losing to a new trainer just because he can't use "Not very effective" Electric attacks.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Beyond Good and Evil 2 getting funded by Nintendo? I'm hoping this is real. Michel Ancel working with Nintendo would be a dream come true.

In other news.
Call this number, you won't regret it.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So what do you guys want from the SNES VC on New 3DS of the leak is legit.

We got the DKC trilogy, Mario World, ALTTP, Super Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, Star Fox, games like Terranigma, Super Mario RPG and even the Super Mario All-Stars combo.

I hope for the 3rd party games like Megaman X, Castlevania, Super Bomberman, Final Fantasy 4/5/6 and greats like Chrono Trigger and Illusion of Gaia

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because it's such a stupid and an utter ass pull of a plot point that erasing it from one's made felt like the justified thing to do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Beyond Good and Evil 2 getting funded by Nintendo? I'm hoping this is real. Michel Ancel working with Nintendo would be a dream come true.

In other news.
Call this number, you won't regret it.
I'm tempted to, what's the number say?

So what do you guys want from the SNES VC on New 3DS of the leak is legit.

We got the DKC trilogy, Mario World, ALTTP, Super Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, Star Fox, games like Terranigma, Super Mario RPG and even the Super Mario All-Stars combo.

I hope for the 3rd party games like Megaman X, Castlevania, Super Bomberman, Final Fantasy 4/5/6 and greats like Chrono Trigger and Illusion of Gaia
Don't have a New 3DS so I can't get it anyway.

Give us Super Metroid.

Please. THat is all I ask.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Hey guys what's happenin'?

I made a bingo sheet for the direct, thought I'd stop by and drop it off in case you guys wanted one.

Bingofinal.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom