• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The Ghostbusters reboot trailer was ****ing awful.
Can we get a better cast of people in the main roles that can actually... y'know act?
I think it looks good. It's obviously not going to be as good as the original, anyone who was expecting it to be is an idiot.

Also, I can't say anything about Leslie, I'm not really a fan of Melissa, but Kristen and Kate are extremely funny. Did you not see The Martian? Kristen was great in it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Wait, the Ghostbusters reboot, that's the one with the all female cast, right? I have to ask. WHY? Why would you outright change the characters for that? I only saw the second movie, but christ, it screams 'NOW TEH WEEMUNZ R TOTALLY RESPECTED AMIRITE?' Just screams unprofessionalism

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So what do you guys want from the SNES VC on New 3DS of the leak is legit.

We got the DKC trilogy, Mario World, ALTTP, Super Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, Star Fox, games like Terranigma, Super Mario RPG and even the Super Mario All-Stars combo.

I hope for the 3rd party games like Megaman X, Castlevania, Super Bomberman, Final Fantasy 4/5/6 and greats like Chrono Trigger and Illusion of Gaia
I'll tell you what I want, I want my Wii U purchases to copy over to the 3DS, I already have most of the SNES games I want, I'm not paying for them again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That reminds me, yesterday the dunkin donuts near my house was robbed.

The police station is literally like 2 feet from it, and the culprit got away. There were lots of officers there, and the somehow they escaped.

I don't understand how... It was a guy and girl who robbed them, with iron man masks....

It was certainly weird.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Here's the volcanion movie trailer.

And Ash knocked out zapdos....

How amazing would it be if he fought and caught articuno?

Although that won't happen.
Didn't he fight and beat an Articuno before? Although he didn't catch it since it was owned by another trainer....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So what do you guys want from the SNES VC on New 3DS of the leak is legit.

We got the DKC trilogy, Mario World, ALTTP, Super Metroid, Earthbound, F-Zero, Star Fox, games like Terranigma, Super Mario RPG and even the Super Mario All-Stars combo.

I hope for the 3rd party games like Megaman X, Castlevania, Super Bomberman, Final Fantasy 4/5/6 and greats like Chrono Trigger and Illusion of Gaia
Super Metroid and ALttP...everything else is just bonus...

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Wait, the Ghostbusters reboot, that's the one with the all female cast, right? I have to ask. WHY? Why would you outright change the characters for that? I only saw the second movie, but christ, it screams 'NOW TEH WEEMUNZ R TOTALLY RESPECTED AMIRITE?' Just screams unprofessionalism
A couple things.

1. If you've only seen the second movie then you haven't seen Ghostbusters.

2. It's not a remake, they're not the same characters, similar, but not the same. Based on the trailer it seems to be a sequel. Also, how is it unprofessional to have an all female cast? That doesn't make sense.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think it looks good. It's obviously not going to be as good as the original, anyone who was expecting it to be is an idiot.

Also, I can't say anything about Leslie, I'm not really a fan of Melissa, but Kristen and Kate are extremely funny. Did you not see The Martian? Kristen was great in it.
I think people were hoping for it to at least do some justice to the original.

Yes. Kristen was honestly forgettable in it. My attention was on pretty much everyone else.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Texans are stupid. More news at 11.

You do realize that's what I live with and learn that there's nothing to do about it until they start messing with our money. Not even the insanity of Trump is this stupid and he's the lesser of multiple evils
Some guy from Texas said he wouldn't vote for Trump because he supports gay marriage according to the newspaper. I asked my boss if I was simply reading it wrong and he was dumbfounded too

The police station is literally like 2 feet from it, and the culprit got away. There were lots of officers there, and the somehow they escaped.

I don't understand how... It was a guy and girl who robbed them, with iron man masks....

It was certainly weird.
The police was too busy eating the packet of donuts they got 5 minutes before the robbery

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Pokémon anime suffers from what most very long-running series suffer from: a story that is consistently being forced to continue even though there's really nothing more to tell.

You watch a season and you've seen the following ones since they're just rehashes of the previous ones, using the same plot devices and similar plot progression.

Over nearly 20 years of running, Ash is still a 10 year old kid who wants to be the best trainer ever and there really isn't any progression... Then again, they likely expect old fans to drop the series since it's clearly targeted at kids who are in just for the battle scenes.

And it has an audience. It sells on brand alone and they make money, so all's cool with the production team.

(Don't mind me... I'll just stick to shorter anime series that [mostly] tell a story from start to finish.)

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...chair/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

This is the world we live in, friends.

A world where stupidity is now the norm.
And I thought American politics couldn't get even crazier!

It makes me amused to see all of it from the perspective of a foreigner, literally from the other side of the Atlantic.

But of course, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Here, I leave some words of wisdom to go along with the subject.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
what I live with and learn
Clever. :4sonic:

Texans are stupid. More news at 11.

You do realize that's what I live with and learn that there's nothing to do about it until they start messing with our money. Not even the insanity of Trump is this stupid and he's the lesser of multiple evils
My condolences, truly.

Though I dread what will happen to my country if Trump actually becomes President with idiots like these being created.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
A couple things.

1. If you've only seen the second movie then you haven't seen Ghostbusters.

2. It's not a remake, they're not the same characters, similar, but not the same. Based on the trailer it seems to be a sequel. Also, how is it unprofessional to have an all female cast? That doesn't make sense.
I know. I still liked it though

That's worse. Instead of new characters that hadn't been done before, they essentially took the old characters, and put them on hormones then. The issue isn't an all female cast. The issue is when they are crazy similar to the old, male cast. It's not different, it's just a gender bend

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I think people were hoping for it to at least do some justice to the original.

Yes. Kristen was honestly forgettable in it. My attention was on pretty much everyone else.
You don't know that it won't do justice to the original, you've seen one brief trailer. A lot of movies have terrible first trailers, people hated Batman v Superman's first trailer, but they sure do love that last one.

Don't bash a movie over a trailer.

And I don't understand how Kristen could be "forgettable" in The Martian. She had a small role, but she did a great job.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
After watching the new Ghostbusters trailer, I won't say it looks absolutely terrible. It could just suffer from "mediocre first trailer syndrome." I'll wait for a second one.

D

Deleted member

Because Pikachu still had Iron Tail and I think Quick Attack
Because it's a stupid plot point that doesn't justify a veteran trainer losing to a new trainer just because he can't use "Not very effective" Electric attacks.
Because it's such a stupid and an utter *** pull of a plot point that erasing it from one's made felt like the justified thing to do.
It's not just about losing the electric moves
Pikachu was clearly weakened by Zekrom

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here is something for Pokemon fans, watch May fighting in soulcalibur with other trainers it's cool hack.
"Hack"? The SoulCalibur character creator is just insanely powerful.

I've seen many characters created with it that were almost perfect recreations.

You know... Every day it's getting harder and harder to have faith in the country I live in. And it's **** like this that reminds me why.
I feel sorry for you, the saner citizens of the USA, for having to deal with such moronic people who shouldn't be given power nor represent a country in the first place.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I know. I still liked it though

That's worse. Instead of new characters that hadn't been done before, they essentially took the old characters, and put them on hormones then. The issue isn't an all female cast. The issue is when they are crazy similar to the old, male cast. It's not different, it's just a gender bend
I said "similar", not "exactly the same". The characters fit the same kinds of roles, but their personalities are completely different, Kristen Wiig's character is nothing like Venkman, she doesn't seem sarcastic or laid back like he was, Kate McKinnon's character isn't deadpan like Egon was, and the other 2 are pretty much nothing like Ray and Winston.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn't he fight and beat an Articuno before? Although he didn't catch it since it was owned by another trainer....
Yes in the battle frontier with charziard.

In the XY anime, Ash has come across a wild moltres and zapdos. Fought them both. So it seems likely that he will see Articuno next. probably around the next gym fight.

And fight it for some reason. So we could see articuno return for some purpose.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's not just about losing the electric moves
Pikachu was clearly weakened by Zekrom
And that's the problem: It makes no sense to exist. It's only this one time, and then after the rodent gets his posterior kicked by a beginner's Pokemon it returns to being OP again.

I would call it filler, but even filler can have a bigger impact.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Clever. :4sonic:

My condolences, truly.

Though I dread what will happen to my country if Trump actually becomes President with idiots like these being created.
Naah. Nobody doesn't care, our country is full of people who just want to elect anyone who's popular.

If Trump wasn't then Hillary would win and she's someone I don't want either. It's less about sense and more about if people are interested

They'll be tired of him when he's in his 3rd year

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
My Direct Bingo Card since I don't know how to do the formatting stuff. 1. Starts from the Top Left and 25. Ends at the Bottom Right.

I would be really grateful to anyone that can put my list in to the Bingo Card format.

1. Star Fox Zero news
2. Hyrule Warriors Legends news
3. Fire Emblem Fates DLC
4. Monster Hunter
5. MH X FE
6. SNES games on the N3DS VC
7. Detective Pikachu
8. Roy Amiibo support for both FE Fates and Codename S.T.E.A.M (English Roy yay!)
9. Miitomo news
10. Mother 3 on the Wii U VC
11. Nindies
12. Salty SMX (guaranteed 100% canon lol)
13. Free Space
14. Metriod Prime Federation Force news
15. Amiibo stuff all over the place
16. Bill gets fired or is the punch line of some joke
17. Pikmin 4 news
18. Lost Revears
19. New IP?
20. Pokemon G/S/C on the 3DS VC
21. Nintendo Account news
22. New Paper Mario for Wii U
23. Mario & Sonic at the whatever year it is Olympic Games
24. Nintendo Account news
25. Golden Sun 4 (pretty please?)

It was certainly weird.
I feel ya. Here in the Greater Toronto Area it seems like theirs a bank robbery every week or so.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
You don't know that it won't do justice to the original, you've seen one brief trailer. A lot of movies have terrible first trailers, people hated Batman v Superman's first trailer, but they sure do love that last one.

Don't bash a movie over a trailer.
You don't need to see the whole film to know if it's good or not.

BvS still showed promise that it might actually be good. This has basically confirmed that it'll be generic Melissa McCarthy trash with a Ghostbusters skin on it.

I'm supposed to judge a film based on what I've seen of it. How else am I meant to decide if it looks like something worth spending money on?

Weakened enough to go from Regice to Snivy? Yeah ****ing right, still a bigger asspull than anything Jojo produced. Speaking of Jojo
Not enough people watch Tsuko. Fact.

http://www.mirrorsedge.com/gameplay...social&cid=2207&ts=1457026144937&sf44756324=1

Bunch of new info+video on Mirror's edge.

EA. You already ****ed me over by making using the name Battlefront for a game that was very clearly not Battlefront. This actually looks like a Mdirrior's Edge game.

I will forgive all the other bull**** you have pulled if Mirror's Edge 2 is good.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The Direct starts at 5:00 EST, right?

In other news, 2 Free plays per day until next Thursday for the Badge Arcade. Too bad the Badges I mostly want aren't around.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The Direct starts at 5:00 EST, right?

In other news, 2 Free plays per day until next Thursday for the Badge Arcade. Too bad the Badges I mostly want aren't around.
I'm pretty sure they'll have different badges.
I for one am trying to build up my SMB1 badges.

I feel sorry for you, the saner citizens of the USA, for having to deal with such moronic people who shouldn't be given power nor represent a country in the first place.
It's not even just them; Regular citizens can be just as insane. Such as this story from a while back:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...sing-alligator-wendys-drive/story?id=36815270

Among others...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I will say that like the rest of you, I, too, hate the United States of America.

However, the concept of human stupidity is one that transcends any and all borders, so I wouldn't recommend packing your bags as wherever you end up will probably be just as terrible.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I don't think that the Kirby voice actress retweeting about the Direct means jack. I do have fond memories of Retro Studios retweeting about one Direct in the past three years, or was it an E3 Digital Event? Either way, POOF! NOTHING!

So don't get your hopes up.

D

Deleted member

I don't think that the Kirby voice actress retweeting about the Direct means jack. I do have fond memories of Retro Studios retweeting about one Direct in the past three years, or was it an E3 Digital Event? Either way, POOF! NOTHING!

So don't get your hopes up.
#MonadoMonday

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm pretty sure they'll have different badges.
I for one am trying to build up my SMB1 badges.

It's not even just them; Regular citizens can be just as insane. Such as this story from a while back:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/florida-ma...sing-alligator-wendys-drive/story?id=36815270

Among others...
At my job, we all concluded America is ****ed, we thought we had it bad with Mark Rutte making large debts and the refugee problem. Still bad, but you guys are arguably worse off

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You don't need to see the whole film to know if it's good or not.

BvS still showed promise that it might actually be good. This has basically confirmed that it'll be generic Melissa McCarthy trash with a Ghostbusters skin on it.

I'm supposed to judge a film based on what I've seen of it. How else am I meant to decide if it looks like something worth spending money on?
I didn't get a "generic Melissa McCarthy" vibe from the trailer at all, she seems much more mellow than usual.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I will say that like the rest of you, I, too, hate the United States of America.

However, the concept of human stupidity is one that transcends any and all borders, so I wouldn't recommend packing your bags as wherever you end up will probably be just as terrible.
Well let's backpedal this a bit. I don't think we all necessarily hate America. At least I certainly don't.

Can we be big balls of stupid? Sure. Do I think we're flawed as all hell? Well of course. But that doesn't mean I despise the country I've grown up in, nor would I want to see it go down in flames. I can still like my country but despise what's going on in it, and I'm not the only one who thinks the way.

Humanity as a whole are dolts. Sure the USA is currently the peanut gallery, but on the other side of the coin good luck finding a country who isn't flawed.

We all fall short together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom