• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's simple. Make it so everyone is offended, because like that, we're all equally offended
Well, that's what Bayonetta is for, right? :troll:

I mean, you've got the guns for the left, the religious stuff for the right, the risqué stuff for EVERYONE.

And all the while the whole thing takes such a Refuge in Audacity and so thoroughly immerses itself in Rule of Cool that the people who've actually seen even a shred of gameplay just DO NOT CARE.

At all.

:4bayonetta: transcends political boundaries. :happysheep:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Listening to the remix for smashified solo sounds 100x better than with commentary. (well duh but I dint think it would sound that much better) Spoke too soon it seems

So who here likes Platinum Games and is also a PC gamer?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1193453
The Gears PC Port is average from what I've heard (might not necessarily apply to all Win10 games) and you'd have to deal with the Windows Store which isn't user friendly.
I'll stick with the X1 version for MS exclusives for now.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I agree with Spiderman, why can't we just be people

I don't look at myself in the mirror and think "I'm a part Scotch-Irish, part Norwegian, part Japanese, vaguely native american straight male"

I just think "Damn, I'm short and a little out of shape"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Speaking of SJWs and whatnot, I found something
This is perfect. 'I don't want to be the black Spiderman'
Man Miles is freaking incredible these days. He's better than what he was in 2011

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Hey guys. It's been incredibly enjoyable here but I got to go now. Thanks for all the discussions and comments and talks and I even got to play some of ya.
super-smash-bros-4-rosalina.jpg

I know it's just before the Direct and I don't want to seem like I deflated some of the hype by saying this. I'll still watch it and hope you have fun! But I've occasionally spent too much time on the website, even a few hours in a row or constantly get distracted or something. I have to focus on my studies especially since Im struggling in half of my a levels and in 3 weeks there's a second mock and soon after that the real deal. During my time at speculation I got many things right and many things wrong, got things I didn't want and got things I did want including my top 3 choices (pictured) so I feel very fortunate.
tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

So here's a quick shoutout off the top of my head to Frostwraith Frostwraith , @N30N, @PushDustIn, NintenZ NintenZ , @Azure Warrior, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , @Burruni, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , @Ark of Silence101 @Ixbran @Scoliosis Jones Aetheri Aetheri Z25 Z25 @CrusherMania1592 @Diddy Kong @Kalimdori @memoryman3 @smashkirby all the people from my Bayonetta support thread, other support threads and anyone else I could have missed - it was great and thank you but it's time for me to move on.

It won't be permanent, probbably, and you could see me lurk every once in a while but it's gonna last at least until my summer holidays.
zlCfzSbXuVgXE8L2c0.png

See ya. :)

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Political Talk?

Unpopular Opinion: I don't hate Trump. Do I like him? No. Do I think he should he president? Maybe.

But I usually identify as moderate. The internet is mostly liberal and I find myself a lot more conservative than most. But I do disgaree w/ a lot of normal Republican ideas. Which is why I kind of like Trump, because that's something we agree on.

I really don't like him as a person. But the reasons people give are really short-sighted and uninformed. So many of his "racist" or "sexist" quotes are taken out of context entirely. It really is a case of media trying to get a message out to the masses. Media hates him but cant stop reporting on him due to how he keeps winning. He's their worst nightmare. He really isn't as ****ing terrible as we're lead to believe. The same way Obama isn't gay and is a muslim.

I recommend actually reading up on candidates and their policies/the possibilty of their plans succeeding before coming to a conclusion. My buddy and I were big on Sanders until we looked up the possibility of him doing anything, his previous track record. There's a difference between saying you can do something, and actually being able to do it.

Will I vote Trump? I don't know. But I know I'd never vote Hillary into office.

I'll just run for president and win screw it all.

TL;DR: Most people that support Trump aren't crazy racists.

So... Nintendo direct? PogChamp

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hey guys. It's been incredibly enjoyable here but I got to go now. Thanks for all the discussions and comments and talks and I even got to play some of ya.
View attachment 99117
I know it's just before the Direct and I don't want to seem like I deflated some of the hype by saying this. I'll still watch it and hope you have fun! But I've occasionally spent too much time on the website, even a few hours in a row or constantly get distracted or something. I have to focus on my studies especially since Im struggling in half of my a levels and in 3 weeks there's a second mock and soon after that the real deal. During my time at speculation I got many things right and many things wrong, got things I didn't want and got things I did want including my top 3 choices (pictured) so I feel very fortunate.
View attachment 99118
So here's a quick shoutout off the top of my head to Frostwraith Frostwraith , @N30N, @PushDustIn, NintenZ NintenZ , @Azure Warrior, A Distant Demon A Distant Demon , @Burruni, Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen , @Ark of Silence101 @Ixbran @Scoliosis Jones Aetheri Aetheri Z25 Z25 @CrusherMania1592 @Diddy Kong @Kalimdori @memoryman3 @smashkirby all the people from my Bayonetta support thread, other support threads and anyone else I could have missed - it was great and thank you but it's time for me to move on.

It won't be permanent, probbably, and you could see me lurk every once in a while but it's gonna last at least until my summer holidays.
View attachment 99116
See you later dude. Take care. :)

D

Deleted member

So, 1 hour until the direct if timezones didn't get me confused again
Anyone with Fates up for a multiplayer match? I wanna see how it was implemented

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
View attachment 99117
View attachment 99118

View attachment 99116
We wish you well man. Good luck on your future endeavors!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
View attachment 99117
View attachment 99118

View attachment 99116
Aww, sorry to see you go.

I guess you've got your schoolwork to work on, though, so good luck with that.

I hope to see you again this summer!

View attachment 99117
View attachment 99118

View attachment 99116
Sure have been a lot of people heading out huh?

Well good luck in your travels. Enjoy the escape from the madness!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 99117
View attachment 99118

View attachment 99116
Why is it, every time I'm tagged here, it's for goodbyes?
It's sad to see you go, but a very wise choice to focus on your studies! Thanks for the shoutout, and I wish you the best! hope to see you again one day!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Sure have been a lot of people heading out huh?

Well good luck in your travels. Enjoy the escape from the madness!
Nobody noticed me when I was gone for 2 and a half months :sadeyes:

In all seriousness, good luck with whatever you two are going to do and come back whenever you feel like coming back.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm a white guy and, honestly, I'm actually getting frustrated that being a "white male" is becoming something seen negatively, especially thanks to the SJW crowd.

After what a lot other minorities had to fight for, now it comes to a reversal? It irritates me that people learn nothing from past mistakes. It's especially annoying since I like history and have discussed such stuff with my family plenty of times (and those were some damn good conversations).

Prejudice is prejudice, no matter who does it to whom. I truly feel that people have forgotten the actual meaning of freedom. That, or stopped caring to fulfill their own agendas.

I don't like to call myself terms like "liberal", "conservative" or any such others because I feel that it would do a disservice to the way I think. I'm one to try and understand all sides to a question, pick each side's points apart and choose which I think benefit the most (incl. myself, of course). I dislike mob mentality and prefer to think for myself and believe in my own ideals.

All this stuff aside...

Wolfie557 Wolfie557
Good luck in your life and hopefully, you will find whatever you're seeking to do with it.

But, of course, here's an important friendly reminder:

And only one hour till the Direct! =D

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dunno about anyone else, but the lack of potential Smash news has left me much less hype for Directs. I'm sure they'll show exciting things, it just doesn't feel like it'll be earthshattering anymore.

It's Spring/Summer releases right? I wish that gave me hope for S&M news. Oh well. But hey, I'm sure they'll have a few surprises in there.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
By the way, here's a new Featured Content article on Source Gaming that just went up!

(http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/03/03/is-this-the-last-console-generation/)

In case you guys don't know (even though I teased this earlier), I'm taking over the featured content articles now. So this latest one was actually done by me (although slightly modified by @PushDustIn.)

I'm hoping as time goes on, these articles could potentially beef-up my writing skills so I can branch out into other articles (hopefully).

Anyways, let me know what you guys think. Feedback is always appreciated!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
View attachment 99117
View attachment 99118

View attachment 99116
Awww, you're one of the cooler people here. :c

Good luck in your studies regardless!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
View attachment 99117
View attachment 99118

View attachment 99116
Everyone's leaving ;_;

Sad to see you go but its completely understandable...more important priorities come first, so be sure to focus on your studies!!

And kudos to sticking to your guns throughout Smash speculation!!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Japanese direct is nearly 40 minutes

There was a problem fetching the tweet
We in there
Holy crap, I didn't expect it to be 40 minutes at all. Alright, so color me a bit more excited.

Hopefully it's not 5 minutes of real news, and 20 minutes of stuff we already knew followed by 15 minutes of Indie games. Again.

Oh but keep your expectations in check.

You have to remember the leaked direct (jeez that is weird to type) implies there are at least 2 developer interviews. That will probably siphon off a hell of a lot of time.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Everyone is leaving en masse.

I knew I scared people off, but I didn't think it was that bad. :yeahboi:

To be honest, I don't have much of a reason to be here outside of not having anywhere else to go. Don't think I'm leaving yet.
Maybe I could find some niche drawing character montages for people or something.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Like I said, I'm not expecting Pokémon Sun & Moon in this Direct (I'd love to be wrong though).

Most likely they'll save that stuff for CoroCoro.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
View attachment 99117
View attachment 99118

View attachment 99116
Later dude, it was nice having you! :)

Err... Hi again... Bye again...

Hype train pulls into the station for NA

will you get on?

Or take on the pragmatic road?

EDIT i'm off to a group meeting. Not at the usual time

School > vidya

;_;

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Here's the message that comes up when you call that number from the Sonic Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom