• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My brother is weird okay? Oh right, I have a twin brother who just went onto my account while I was making dinner, and he started saying a bunch of things about me that weren't true I believe, but trust me, it's not going to happen again, I assure you.
Yeah....

That's more sketchy than the 4chan leak.

I call BS.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The opening cutscene writes itself.

Opens with Wario and Waluigi walking along a path.
BJ speeds past them with Peach a kidnapped Peach in his clown car (Mario and Luigi running just behind).
Wario and Waluigi laugh.
Koopalings speed past holding treasure chests and such.
Wario and Waluigi scream and Wario follows behind Mario and Luigi while Waluigi does his beautiful job of walking back behind the screen-lock that forces you to go right and takes a warp pipe shortcut.
Fixed.
You can't be Waluigi without cheating.

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
So do you guys think we'll get something around the end of this month since it took Mewtwo about 5 1/2 months to get released and since it takes Mii costumes 2 months to be made do you think it all fits within this month.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah....

That's more sketchy than the 4chan leak.

I call BS.
Swamp, I'm not one to lie, like at all. In fact I even said on the previous thread, "What I'd pay for a world without lying" If you guys don't believe me then that's fine, but I'm telling you that's not the case.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
The only time the term 'Mary Sue' ever worked was for characters like Lightning after FF XIII, Marie in Persona 4 Golden and any character that is forced.

Isabelle doesn't do anything that makes her Mary Sue. If anything, she's too overexposed to where NintenZ NintenZ hates her but that's too far for her.

I've seen actual Mary Sues and Gary Stus (Kirito from SAO fits this to a tee) and Isabelle isn't a Mary Sue
Kirito is such an awful character.Shame to i had so many hopes for sword art online.Like its sad when the abridged series is better at character development than the main series.Really SAO tuerned such an amazing concept into some 14 year old's wet dream

Sorry bout that.Touched a nerve

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hope I don't regret this, I'm trying my pizza with honey sriracha drizzle

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So that 4Chan leak... Tails the Fox killed it for me (Who I wouldn't mind actually)

I assure you it's not a joke this time, I'm dead serious, it actually happened, and I'm not joking at all. And it's not funny, it's humiliating and embarrassing,I can see why other people would lie about something like this, but I don't lie.
The same reason they would lie about anything else, the world can be terrible and it's easy to lie on the internet. I'm not going to harass you over this, but I'll end it with this:
saying something like this won't go over well anywhere, it goes back to how I mentioned the other, you need to consider what your about to post before you do. This is yet another example. I'm not saying it is, but if this is a lie, I suggest you come clean as it's better that way. Now moving on, Why does the tails the fox kill the leak for you? Is it name? Because sega has used it before, although Miles Tails Prower is the more classic title for him.

Also on the subject of Mewtwo, My amiibo arrived today! Now I own all the pokemon amibo, and only have a few amiibo left to get!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
NintenZ NintenZ , can I ask a question.

How old are you dude?

Because I get the feeling you're young?

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Hey guys, my brother was using my account for whatever reason, what'd I miss?
If I was a mod I would ban you for this post. If you're going to try to "save face" with some bull**** excuse, at least try to have some creativity with it instead of using the most cliched excuse in the book completely straight.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The same reason they would lie about anything else, the world can be terrible and it's easy to lie on the internet. I'm not going to harass you over this, but I'll end it with this:
saying something like this won't go over well anywhere, it goes back to how I mentioned the other, you need to consider what your about to post before you do. This is yet another example. I'm not saying it is, but if this is a lie, I suggest you come clean as it's better that way. Now moving on, Why does the tails the fox kill the leak for you? Is it name? Because sega has used it before, although Miles Tails Prower is the more classic title for him.

Also on the subject of Mewtwo, My amiibo arrived today! Now I own all the pokemon amibo, and only have a few amiibo left to get!
I guess it's because Sonic getting a second character never made sense to me, I always thought if we were going to get a second SEGA character then it'd be Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo or Jack Frost from Shin Megami Tensei.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've actually been thinking this exact thing the past few days. I didn't think asking would truly solve anything though.
Well, if he's really young, I can understand all the oddities he has.

The brother posting on his account, the jumping the gun logic, etc.

Tis why I asked.

D

Deleted member

I have a brother that hacked into my account
His name is Taboo Crazy Master Zoroarking and he is super hars
Kirito is such an awful character.Shame to i had so many hopes for sword art online.Like its sad when the abridged series is better at character development than the main series.Really SAO tuerned such an amazing concept into some 14 year old's wet dream

I couldn't agree with you more on that

And there is an abridged series of it? I need a link, please

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, if he's really young, I can understand all the oddities he has.

The brother posting on his account, the jumping the gun logic, etc.

Tis why I asked.
Can't say, sorry. :( Just know that I'm not that young.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I don't blame you, either. Especially considering the whole show started off with Asuna being an absolute badass to generic moeblob who got tentacle ***** and on-screen molested by the villain (both of those actually happened and I wish I never seen it) on screen with her oh-so perfect boyfriend with who is so skilled at any MMO game and girls going all over him becoming a damn Harem Anime with all the generic trash it was.

I may think Fairy Tail is really boring and Attack on Titan to be overrated as hell but atleast those shows are competent and have decent and fun qualities to them as a Anime for teenagers but SAO has nothing decent about it and is the most godawful thing in the world and I love how the second season got better but was still awful. All that series reminds me is that .hack died and this was in its place

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know if none of you are going to believe me then maybe I'm better off just leaving.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, part of me is surprised that few people bring up Akira from Virtua Fighter when non-Sonic SEGA characters are discussed. VF is a noteworthy 3D fighting game franchise that's had two admittedly insignificant games on Nintendo platforms, one of which was a Virtual Console port of a watered-down version of one of the main games while the other was an RPG spin-off for GameCube.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's for the sake of gameplay. They're not going to go out of their way to prevent people from playing as the same character because someone else is. Come on.

EDIT: Also I said "role" for a reason. That is ONE role, good try though.
I was trying to call out Sakurai's logic more than yours

That's kind of a weird quirk considering more than one character can be on a stage at the same time

Last edited:

Poots

Smash Journeyman
You "can't" say your age?
My bull**** detector is nearly off the charts.
It's a pretty personal question. You guys shouldn't harass them over this even if you're just teasing. If they don't want to reveal personal info then just leave it at that.

Chrono.

I don't blame you, either. Especially considering the whole show started off with Asuna being an absolute badass to generic moeblob who got tentacle ***** and on-screen molested by the villain (both of those actually happened and I wish I never seen it) on screen with her oh-so perfect boyfriend with who is so skilled at any MMO game and girls going all over him becoming a damn Harem Anime with all the generic trash it was.
Something that doesn't really help is that they actually introduce a character who's legitimately stronger than Kirito and beats him fair and square.

So of course she ****ing dies.

In Ninten's defense. . .I would never have told anyone my age before I was 18. Hence why I always select a random age for sites (No I am not 23 or whatever my age says/used to say)

It's not that uncommon to hide your age. It can be personal.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
It's a pretty personal question. You guys shouldn't harass them over this even if you're just teasing. If they don't want to reveal personal info then just leave it at that.
Except he's saying "can't" instead of "don't want to" in what I quoted.
That's the issue.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Guys please leave him alone, he doesn't deserve such suspicion, we're going back the Geno Boost situation again. It'll accomplish nothing in return.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly, part of me is surprised that few people bring up Akira from Virtua Fighter when non-Sonic SEGA characters are discussed. VF is a noteworthy 3D fighting game franchise that's had two admittedly insignificant games on Nintendo platforms, one of which was a Virtual Console port of a watered-down version of one of the main games while the other is an RPG spin-off for GameCube.
That's part of the reason I was so surprised by the Virtua Fighter Mii costumes. Practically no one brought the series up before.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
My brother is weird okay? Oh right, I have a twin brother who just went onto my account while I was making dinner, and he started saying a bunch of things about me that weren't true I believe, but trust me, it's not going to happen again, I assure you.
Welp. If this is likely...
me fathur is mashpotato samurai.
:troll:
In all seriousness, it's really easy to lose trust on the internet this way. All we are is just people behind computer screens and can't see each other face to face. So we have no proof when someone says something like you said. To be honest, I don't really care either way what you do. Real life is a whole lot different from the internet and we have a lot more skepticism on the internet as a result. I'm just saying, be careful on the type of wording you use. While you may use it some way, someone else could interpret it differently since we can't really convey emotion using text that well.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

No really Kirito is so awful.He's has the personality of a cardboard box with literally no reason to do half the **** in the series.He's like the very defintion of a gary-sue.He's the only character in the whole show who can dual-wield maining he has unfair advantage.Not to mention why is he stronger than asuna or any character in the show that tries to beat the game.Really like just look at Asuna she is always fighting on the main line and is impled to have done a lot of work in the game.And is straight up said to be possibly be stronger and smarter than him.But yet shes shown weaker than him and consistenly needs him.Thats bull****. Especially when for like half of the episodes in the first half of the season kirito does nothing he jokes around and does nothing.Like on what level is he on were he doest have to do any type of work.Dear god i hate this show so much.Oh and dont get me started on the other half of the series.
I have a brother that hacked into my account
His name is Taboo Crazy Master Zoroarking and he is super hars

I couldn't agree with you more on that

And there is an abridged series of it? I need a link, please
there you go

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Something that doesn't really help is that they actually introduce a character who's legitimately stronger than Kirito and beats him fair and square.

So of course she ****ing dies.
I burst out laughing when I saw that. Oh God that was awful.

Thing is that I know friends who like this BS. I recommend Fate Stay Night and Fate/Zero if you want something with some action with but of small drama and romance and even stuff like Kill la Kill, Gundam series and Akame no Gill (no matter how BS it is) and even for Harem Anime, there's so much better stuff out there.

This show freaking upsets me and when people say "Well atleast it's better than Naruto, One Piece and Bleach" and just be baffled that anyone would suggest that. Those shows had some type of quality to not be that bad and Bleach is bad but it's not the level of trash SAO is

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Hmm, an SAO discussion?

The show has a lot of problems, and pretty big ones, but at the same time, I like it. I can't explain it, I just liked what I watched. I wouldn't say I'm an SAO fan however, you won't see me buying super expensive Kirito figures.

There are a million other animes I would rewatch before SAO, but if I was forced to watch it again, I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Guys please leave him alone, he doesn't deserve such suspicion, we're going back the Geno Boost situation again. It'll accomplish nothing in return.
Geno Boost never tried to get around ''jokes", or odd posting by claiming a brother posted on his account.

When Geno Boost was wrong or did something strange he just owned up to it.

This is why I wish Nintenzilla would just be upfront with us. He'd save himself a lot of suspicion and doubt.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Faith posted this to the Splatoon Community
No one is safe
- - - - -
...I was gonna put something here
And then I forgot what I was gonna post
Oops :drshrug:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I was trying to call out Sakurai's logic more than yours

That's kind of a weird quirk considering more than one character can be on a stage at the same time
I don't exactly consider it weird, this is kinda common place in fighting games. For example: UMvC3 has Tron Bonne as a background character in a stage, but that is disabled when she's selected by a player. Multiple players using the same character is pretty much a different situation, as it's something of a Gameplay/Story segregation kind of thing (or that's how TV Tropes calls it). In the end, they're still very much the same role (being a fighter) when pitted by multiple players.

I think characters that are background characters can work as a fighter, provided they don't have a real purpose to the level they cameo in (such as Dedede in DL64 and Link in Spirit Train). But characters that works as hazards won't likely make it as a fighter as long as that role exists (such as Ridley). They typically don't have anyone to be replaced with without alternating the gameplay in any way. (Conductor Link is not a hazard and does not affect the match in any way, so that was why he was able to be replaced by that other character).

The same applies to ATs. I'm unsure if Final Smash truly affects the same, but I guess that is up to debate. Personally, I think it's the same case. (Although I really don't think Chrom nor Shulk's gang has any chance for other reasons)

There's some exceptions though, like DK in 75m and Duck Hunt Dog, but these levels gives you an impression that you're inside an arcade machine or video game, so the two characters there aren't the real characters. And that impression is very clear. So that is averted.

But yeah, I think this is just how some game designers operates. So may not like it but I think it's not unreasonable to have that kind of logic.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
No really Kirito is so awful.He's has the personality of a cardboard box with literally no reason to do half the **** in the series.He's like the very defintion of a gary-sue.He's the only character in the whole show who can dual-wield maining he has unfair advantage.Not to mention why is he stronger than asuna.Really Asuna always fights on the main line and is impled to have done a lot of work in the game.And is straight up said to be possibly be stronger and smart than him.But yet shes weaker than him and consistenly needs him.Thats bull****. Especially when for like half of the episodes in the first half of the season kirito does nothing he jokes around and does nothing.Like on what level is he on were he doest have to do any type of work.Dear god i hate this show so much.Oh and dont get me started on the other half of the series.

there you go
They imply he levels up with timeskips. It's really ****ing dumb. Even a montage of him killing monsters would have helped instead of "lol timeskip! "

D

Deleted member

SAO probably stands for **** anime online
They really ****ed up a good premise
And hey, it had a good start
But everything went down when he beat the first boss, got an edgy cape
They don't even explain where his dual wielding comes from
And gods, part 2 is just
I think I was actually watching some Hentai parody

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Welp. If this is likely...
me fathur is mashpotato samurai.
:troll:
In all seriousness, it's really easy to lose trust on the internet this way. All we are is just people behind computer screens and can't see each other face to face. So we have no proof when someone says something like you said. To be honest, I don't really care either way what you do. Real life is a whole lot different from the internet and we have a lot more skepticism on the internet as a result. I'm just saying, be careful on the type of wording you use. While you may use it some way, someone else could interpret it differently since we can't really convey emotion using text that well.
You know what, you're right, maybe I am lying, maybe I'm not, but whatever the case, no one can tell, but just know that if I am lying, I won't do it again, and if I'm not, I'll try being more upfront with you guys, really though can we move on, because I'm literally about to faint.

Chrono.

Hmm, an SAO discussion?

The show has a lot of problems, and pretty big ones, but at the same time, I like it. I can't explain it, I just liked what I watched. I wouldn't say I'm an SAO fan however, you won't see me buying super expensive Kirito figures.

There are a million other animes I would rewatch before SAO, but if I was forced to watch it again, I wouldn't mind.
This is me with Akame ga Kill.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
SAO is very good up until Kirito beats the SAO game really. GGO was pretty good too
I question the abrupt shift between Sinon finally capturing the mysterious real gun killer and Kirito getting the ultimate sword.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
They imply he levels up with timeskips. It's really ****ing dumb. Even a montage of him killing monsters would have helped instead of "lol timeskip! "
Time Skips only work when it's a 2-3 eat thing like with what One Piece, Dragon Ball and Naruto did where it shows a definite of age and how much time it did. SAO tried to do that for like months and that seem implausible as hell

That's part of the reason I was so surprised by the Virtua Fighter Mii costumes. Practically no one brought the series up before.
I don't think anyone should bring up VF when none of its true main line games ever hit Nintendo consoles aside from a mediocre port.

I can see Tekken, I can especially see Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive(mostly due to being an extension of Ninja Gaiden series) but you're gonna be stretching it really thin if you're gonna say something for Virtua Fighter where it got none of the big ones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom