• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is pretty much why I found SAO a disappointment. I had better expectations from the synopses I had read before watching the actual anime. I actually liked the first few parts of the series before it quickly degenerated into the mess that was the first arc's finale and the absurd second arc.

It could've been exactly what it was supposed to be: players get stuck into the MMORPG, players attempt to clear it to save their lives and the story could end once they would defeat the final boss. The whole premise of "players being killed in-game meant being killed IRL" was a good drama factor and all that.

That whole premise falls apart once Kirito bull****s his way through the plot and, well, the second arc that had almost nothing to do with the series' namesake.

A pity, because it could have been the great series I imagined to be, given all the hype around it and all. That said, I actually liked the character designs and soundtrack (composed by Yuki Kajiura, after all). It's the kind of series that I felt that had a lot of potential but didn't live up for that. When you prepare yourself for a story, only to see it derailed, it really does leave a sour taste...

Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan, overrated or not, generic or not, actually follow their main premises and stay true to the stories' intent, with a more natural sense of progression in regards to the setting and characters. What I mean is that you can ask yourself "what is this about?" and you get exactly that.

I haven't watched the second season of SAO and I don't really intend to watch it, unless I find myself bored one day and decided to marathon it out of simple curiosity. The title doesn't even have anything to do with the story anymore. lol
The is the best explanation for how much this show spiraled down to the sewage. It had one of the best premises and setting in any medium because how much you can do with that setting but they through it away just for no reason and became one of the most disappointing, disgusting and unfun anime I've seen. I know there are shows much worst but goddamn this thing is just something I don't ever want to see.

Everyone talking about SAO and why it sucks while I'm sitting here practically in the dark with no idea what's being said because I don't anime.
One day I'm gonna make you anime.

Well really just ask you to watch G Gundam aka Street Fighter with mechs

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Chocolate beer isn't new. It's been around for a while.

And it's actually quite good.

Ya'll act like sweet and tangy and sweet and salty aren't typical flavor pallets in food, but brand new ones.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like sweet and salty

I'm eating pizza that has a sauce mixed with honey

Those chips, however, are nasty

The is the best explanation for how much this show spiraled down to the sewage. It had one of the best premises and setting in any medium because how much you can do with that setting but they through it away just for no reason and became one of the most disappointing, disgusting and unfun anime I've seen. I know there are shows much worst but goddamn this thing is just something I don't ever want to see.

One day I'm gonna make you anime.

Well really just ask you to watch G Gundam aka Street Fighter with mechs
Why do I have a feeling that is the one with Domon just from the description.

And burning red hands roaring for people to claim victory

I really need to watch Gundam. All of them.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm going premium soon by the way. Can you change your username multiple times, or only once. Also how do you prank others?
I believe it is changeable multiple times as there is a 30 day limit to you being able to change it again.

Also my friend needs help raising money for his school, if you can/want please vote for his video:
Superkind, his group worked hard to create it!
https://review.wizehive.com/voting/ekfilmcontest

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still stay awake at night knowing that Doritos and Mountain Dew cupcakes exist and people unironically like them

Screw this world, I wanna live on Mars

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not familiar with modern anime

I haven't really been big into it for some years now

It's nearly been 10 years honestly. 8 maybe

Death Note was the newest one I read

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I like sweet and salty

I'm eating pizza that has a sauce mixed with honey

Those chips, however, are nasty
Chocolate and salty mixes really well.

It might not seem like it, but it does.

In fact in baking you'd be surprised how many chocolate pies and cakes call for a pinch of salt to be added, because it brings out the flavor of the chocolate.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I still stay awake at night knowing that Doritos and Mountain Dew cupcakes exist and people unironically like them

Screw this world, I wanna live on Mars
You should have brought those one way tickets to mars when you had the chance!
:p

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Eh... I guess I'll jump onto the Premium bandwagon. Do you have to have a PayPal account in order to buy premium at all?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Chocolate and salty mixes really well.

It might not seem like it, but it does.

In fact in faking you'd be surprised how many chocolate pies and cakes call for a pinch of salt to be added, because it brings out the flavor of the chocolate.
I have actually eaten those chips

Wasn't a fan

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why do I have a feeling that is the one with Domon just from the description.

And burning red hands roaring for people to claim victory

I really need to watch Gundam. All of them.
Yep. I need to finish watching the more recent stuff.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Eh... I guess I'll jump onto the Premium bandwagon. Do you have to have a PayPal account in order to buy premium at all?
Damnit I have Mastercard! I guess I could get one.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
All these strange chip flavours reminds me of that time they had chocolate covered Lays.

It was amazing, if a little rich, too much of a sweet taste makes me ill.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
All these strange chip flavours reminds me of that time they had chocolate covered Lays.

It was amazing, if a little rich, too much of a sweet taste makes me ill.
See, covering chips in chocolate would be a good mix of sweet and salty

These flavored chips aren't exactly the same thing though

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The only reason to ever want Premium for me is the ability to change my name and the bigger Signature which I shouldn't have to pay for.

I don't care about the custom title, the Disco Room or any other irrelevant stuff, I just wanna change my name and I don't wanna pay $10 just for a damn screen name change that should be on the normal site for free and with no charge. Just limit how many times you can change.

I wouldn't mind if someone just gift me a Premium just for one day and that's it just for a chance to change my profile name.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The only reason to ever want Premium for me is the ability to change my name and the bigger Signature which I shouldn't have to pay for.

I don't care about the custom title, the Disco Room or any other irrelevant stuff, I just wanna change my name and I don't wanna pay $10 just for a damn screen name change that should be on the normal site for free and with no charge. Just limit how many times you can change.

I wouldn't mind if someone just gift me a Premium just for one day and that's it just for a chance to change my profile name.
You could always try to bargain with a premium user to get free premium lol.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You can use a card through paypal
I'm not really that into online shopping, I usually enter in my credit card number and its expiration date, and other things. It's a very complex and tedious process.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm pretty hyped after seeing the new new Warcraft movie teaser.

Not sure why people are complaining about "too much CGI."

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Yeah the only reason i would use premiun is for a name change.Like change it to something "Just awesome"(credit @KenithTheGatherer ) or "The Dude". Awesomedude4444 is long and tedious(and a bit of ego stroking)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Guys, don't beg for free premium, please.

It's one thing when someone else offers it, but here, it's just asking a complete stranger to spend ten dollars on you out of the blue...

D

Deleted member

Guys, don't beg for free premium, please.

It's one thing when someone else offers it, but here, it's just asking a complete stranger to spend ten dollars on you out of the blue...
**** it, did it anyway.
I could not care any less than I do right now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So... it's not free?
The premium member needs to pay another 10 dollars for that?
Yeah, when a Premium user gifts another user Premium, they're paying for that Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom