• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I'll be honest, Ninten's "My brother was on my account" is such a head scratching and confusing reason that I actually am beginning to believe the dude lol :p

Uhhh...
I don't even know what to think...
Twitter post won't load up for me, so I'll just assume its really creepy or something.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
OMG this honey sriracha sauce is actually really good on the pizza

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So SAO... I like it but I'll admit its flaws, I like the Aincrad arc, but the ALO arc wasn't my cup of tea, and I know alot of other people feel this way too.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'll be honest, Ninten's "My brother was on my account" is such a head scratching and confusing reason that I actually am beginning to believe the dude lol :p

Twitter post won't load up for me, so I'll just assume its really creepy or something.
White Chocolate Pringles and Milk Chocolate Pringles basically

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin

Here you go!
upload_2015-11-3_18-35-2.png

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Time Skips only work when it's a 2-3 eat thing like with what One Piece, Dragon Ball and Naruto did where it shows a definite of age and how much time it did. SAO tried to do that for like months and that seem implausible as hell

I don't think anyone should bring up VF when none of its true main line games ever hit Nintendo consoles aside from a mediocre port.

I can see Tekken, I can especially see Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive(mostly due to being an extension of Ninja Gaiden series) but you're gonna be stretching it really thin if you're gonna say something for Virtua Fighter where it got none of the big ones
Which reminds me, how the hell is there no SC content yet? You'd think they would have added a Mii costume a while ago.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess it's because Sonic getting a second character never made sense to me, I always thought if we were going to get a second SEGA character then it'd be Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo or Jack Frost from Shin Megami Tensei.
I could easily see Sonic getting a second rep, but it's weird as I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't . The biggest reason to have it would be exactly what the leak says, which is mario and Luigi vs Sonic and Tails. That would make for a good selling point. But if it was a new series for sega, I could see Jack Frost, a Virtual Fighter Character, and Nights. I'd want billy Hatcher but he would probably never happen...
Well, if he's really young, I can understand all the oddities he has.

The brother posting on his account, the jumping the gun logic, etc.

Tis why I asked.
My thoughts exactly.
You know what, you're right, maybe I am lying, maybe I'm not, but whatever the case, no one can tell, but just know that if I am lying, I won't do it again, and if I'm not, I'll try being more upfront with you guys, really though can we move on, because I'm literally about to faint.
Again, I don't want to sound rude or harass you, but once again, this wording is not making you look good. It will cause more problems. Anyway it's best we drop this subject now.

Chrono.

Which reminds me, how the hell is there no SC content yet? You'd think they would have added a Mii costume a while ago.
That's because Nightmare will be the 2nd Namco rep! Right? Right??

how i wish

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Naoshi

I'm not too surprised yet. They probably will eventually, maybe the next wave? It took us 4 waves to finally get Monster Hunter content

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Those Pringles remind me of the Chicken and Waffles flavored Lays. Which were equally as weird.

... I tried them and I didn't even know what to think.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
"Mary Sue" is such a poorly used criticism these days I feel like it'll start to be used as a compliment within a year or two.

And Sword Art Online is the Worst Anime Ever.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I could easily see Sonic getting a second rep, but it's weird as I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't . The biggest reason to have it would be exactly what the leak says, which is mario and Luigi vs Sonic and Tails. That would make for a good selling point. But if it was a new series for sega, I could see Jack Frost, a Virtual Fighter Character, and Nights. I'd want billy Hatcher but he would probably never happen...

My thoughts exactly.

Again, I don't want to sound rude or harass you, but once again, this wording is not making you look good. It will cause more problems. Anyway it's best we drop this subject now.
My friend @smashkirby has a Billy Hatcher thread at @oni333's character group, if you want you could look at that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
With strawberry shortcake and brownie Goldfish existing, I'm not surprised at all.

God knows I wouldn't buy those.
There is a difference with that

The sweet goldfish are goldfish grahams. Not the normal kind

These are horribly disguising sweet flavored regular potato chips

I can't stand them

Naoshi

also I went ahead and bought all the mii costume packs the other day

why did i do that

...they look really damn nice on the wii u though, so i cant complain

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
also I went ahead and bought all the mii costume packs the other day

why did i do that

...they look really damn nice on the wii u though, so i cant complain
I have them all too, I just want everything available because I'm a sucker like that.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Maybe i'm not the person to talk about how good an anime is.I mean i deeply enjoy fairy tail,i deeply hate naruto with a passion and havent even touched anime like cowboy bebop or yu yu hakusho.But everytime i see SAO all i see is nothing but missed oppurtunity and disappointment.Truely one of the worst anime to come out is the last 8 years

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe i'm not the person to talk about how good an anime is.I mean i deeply enjoy fairy tail,i deeply hate naruto with a passion and havent even touched anime like cowboy bebop or yu yu hakusho.But everytime i see SAO all i see is nothing but missed oppurtunity and disappointment.Truely one of the worst anime to come out is the last 8 years
How could you not watch Cowboy Bebop

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I don't know. After trying Tobasco flavored jelly beans, I don't see these new Pringle things being that bad.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Maybe i'm not the person to talk about how good an anime is.I mean i deeply enjoy fairy tail,i deeply hate naruto with a passion and havent even touched anime like cowboy bebop or yu yu hakusho.But everytime i see SAO all i see is nothing but missed oppurtunity and disappointment.Truely one of the worst anime to come out is the last 8 years[/QUOTE]
Oh trust me there's worse, worse as in School Days.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't blame you, either. Especially considering the whole show started off with Asuna being an absolute badass to generic moeblob who got tentacle ***** and on-screen molested by the villain (both of those actually happened and I wish I never seen it) on screen with her oh-so perfect boyfriend with who is so skilled at any MMO game and girls going all over him becoming a damn Harem Anime with all the generic trash it was.

I may think Fairy Tail is really boring and Attack on Titan to be overrated as hell but atleast those shows are competent and have decent and fun qualities to them as a Anime for teenagers but SAO has nothing decent about it and is the most godawful thing in the world and I love how the second season got better but was still awful. All that series reminds me is that .hack died and this was in its place
This is pretty much why I found SAO a disappointment. I had better expectations from the synopses I had read before watching the actual anime. I actually liked the first few parts of the series before it quickly degenerated into the mess that was the first arc's finale and the absurd second arc.

It could've been exactly what it was supposed to be: players get stuck into the MMORPG, players attempt to clear it to save their lives and the story could end once they would defeat the final boss. The whole premise of "players being killed in-game meant being killed IRL" was a good drama factor and all that.

That whole premise falls apart once Kirito bull****s his way through the plot and, well, the second arc that had almost nothing to do with the series' namesake.

A pity, because it could have been the great series I imagined to be, given all the hype around it and all. That said, I actually liked the character designs and soundtrack (composed by Yuki Kajiura, after all). It's the kind of series that I felt that had a lot of potential but didn't live up for that. When you prepare yourself for a story, only to see it derailed, it really does leave a sour taste...

Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan, overrated or not, generic or not, actually follow their main premises and stay true to the stories' intent, with a more natural sense of progression in regards to the setting and characters. What I mean is that you can ask yourself "what is this about?" and you get exactly that.

I haven't watched the second season of SAO and I don't really intend to watch it, unless I find myself bored one day and decided to marathon it out of simple curiosity. The title doesn't even have anything to do with the story anymore. lol

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The first three I can see working well if done right. The last one though... Well how do I put this...
I'm not surprised, but I'm still baffled.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Everyone talking about SAO and why it sucks while I'm sitting here practically in the dark with no idea what's being said because I don't anime.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm going premium soon by the way. Can you change your username multiple times, or only once. Also how do you prank others?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom